2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a look at the Orders page and while it shows my normal Series S cancelled, it shows that the cost of the bundle is $18. I don't doubt that they're going to charge $300 for it in the end though

hehehe was for the free coupon for $10 that I can use for b2g1. you can always return the xbox. i will be...
I just tried the $10 coupon on the B2G1 and it does not work. "Offer is Online only and while supplies last. Not valid with other offers. Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC."

Wow gamestop themselves said rest assured I'm getting a 10 dollar fortnite xbox bundle.
That's not what it said...

Full email below:

Our GameStop family hopes this holiday season is off to a great start for you! As you may have noticed- an unforeseen issue with one of our promos caused the Xbox Series S console in your Order Number xxxxxxxxxxx to be added at the incorrect price.

The promo as displayed in the product page was to add the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to your order for $9.99. Rest assured you will be receiving the Xbox Series S Digital Edition Fortnite & Rocket League bundle along with the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Because this was our mistake, we will be providing the 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate absolutely free to you while also removing the incorrectly priced console from your order.

Our sincerest apologies for any confusion this may have caused. And as an added bonus, below you’ll find a $10 Coupon Code for your next GameStop.com purchase:

Simply enter this coupon in the “Enter Promo Code” field in your cart next time you check out on GameStop.com.

Offer is Online only and while supplies last. Not valid with other offers. Not valid on consoles, pre-orders, bundles, special editions, gift cards or DLC.

If you’d like to purchase a second Xbox Series S console, please feel free to visit us at GameStop.com where you will find these consoles readily available for purchase.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Game on!

Just got one of my BF early orders in. Sadly my daughter's Xmas gift of Cruisin Blast was of course a brand new, gutted copy.
But the odd part of my order, my Used PS5 Judgement was shipped as a brand new, sealed PS4 copy.

does anyone know if any other game is getting the 30% trade in bonus other than Halo?

also, Cyberpunk XBOX is showing a $4 base online (was $9 yesterday) and my local store was still @ $9

The email isn't very explicit on what's gonna happen at all, all of my orders cancelled the full price system but still have the wrong priced ones

I’m starting to get some of my orders in the mail from b2g1 free, so far all of the switch games have a generic case, still a good deal though but I’ll probably just try to play through them all then trade them in or sell them

Did anyone really think there were getting a new Xbox for 10 bucks?

Someone posted there are actually 2 different listings for RE5 on PS5 with the conflicting TIVs. YMMV but I'd trade disc only so they could look it up.
I tried to do that yesterday and they only found the $15 base in the system. I even mentioned the fact that there were two listings. Employee said he couldn't adjust the values (possibly didn't know how because he was new) when I was able to at that exact same store in the past.

Anyone else notice when you are logged into your Gamestop account online and check trade in values, they are lower than when you are not logged in? Ex. Just Dance 2022 for Switch TIV is $16.50 when logged out but $11 when logged in.

When returning a game to a store, how long does it take to show up as back in stock on the website?

I have one game for a B2G1 and the rest are online only.

When returning a game to a store, how long does it take to show up as back in stock on the website?
It may never, I wouldn't even attempt that. If it stays at a store, the website (most of the time) makes -1 a store's actual inventory available. A return could also be sent back to warehouse.

Your best bet would be trying a return / rebuy instore.

I used an Xbox game Crimson Skies Revenge as a filler to get the free shipping. Didn't realize it was on Game Pass. It arrived today in it's original case and artwork. I did not expect that at all. I placed another order last night for used games Hitman 3 PS4, Lego City Switch, Ass Creed Valhalla PS5. I am going to not expect any original artwork again and see if it works haha. Now when I return Crimson Skies to Game Stop, some one else will get it in all it's glory. Rakuten was offering 15% off used games at Game Stop so I figured I might as well get some games as a gift or that I was on the fence buying before.

I saw someone else complain about it the other day but is anyone else having issues purchasing from the gamestop website with gift cards?

I saw someone else complain about it the other day but is anyone else having issues purchasing from the gamestop website with gift cards?
Haven't had any issues with using gift cards. Only issue I have is if using two gift cards, and the second gift card is SUPPOSED to have a remaining balance... but instead it shows $0.00 left on the card. Somebody else said that is normal though and not to worry.

I couldn't use my trade-in credit online. It kept saying issue with billing, change your payment method. I had to go in-store and purchase. It worked out well for me though, I found Sekiro pre-owned in-store even though the website said it was sold out.

I was able to get the $25 base for RE Village PS5 after I showed the websites TIV on my phone when the scanned it the screen showed $15.

Their distribution center sucks ass. 

I ordered WORLDS END CLUB, and they send me WORLDS END SYDNDROME. Ok, fine.

Now I ordered new copies of KIRBY and SPLATOON on Switch, and they send me a Mario Kart RC Car.

WTF is going on with them?

The 26.99 games were nice earlier in the week, grabbed Xenoblade, but nothing else, but haven't picked up much beyond that.

Might go get a price match on Pokemon tomorrow, did manage to snag an OLED switch after trading in my original switch for 260 on Wednesday.

Fyi, if anyone has Family Fare grocery stores in their area they had through today 11/27 $30 off $100 in gift cards which included GameStop. Picked up 2 $50 gift cards this evening for $70.

I've bought more this year, than previous years.

Bought Judgement 1+2,like a dragon,Astral Chain, and Tales of arise.

Might get Scarlet nexus at $25 and stop there.

Forget I still need to play pokemon...

I'm sure others have bought a ton more, but still feels like a lot.

If anyone saw the Black Friday ad in store what date does the sales end? Is it today or tomorrow?
Going by the email I got not too long ago, it looks like the sales end tonight. Title is "Don't let the day end without getting these Black Friday savings." Message body shows "There's Still Time... A few hours remain before Black Friday ends, so don't miss these deals."

Their distribution center sucks ass.

I ordered WORLDS END CLUB, and they send me WORLDS END SYDNDROME. Ok, fine.

Now I ordered new copies of KIRBY and SPLATOON on Switch, and they send me a Mario Kart RC Car.

WTF is going on with them?
My guess is a ludicrous packing pace set by corporate, carried out on the backs of a handful of workers that could do with more help, but that would mean offering market value wages to attract the additional labor.

If I just list what I got for myself and include the GS B2G1 free from earlier in the week I went a little crazy.

Switch

Tony Hawk 1 & 2

Immortals Fennix Rising

XBOX

RE Village

GotG Deluxe Edition

25th Anniversary Edition Controller

Yakuza Like a Dragon

PS5

Hitman 3

Alan Wake Remastered

Marvels Avengers

Tales of Arise

Rachet and Clank

Deathloop

GoT Directors Cut

Returnal

Sackboy

Demon Souls

If I just list what I got for myself and include the GS B2G1 free from earlier in the week I went a little crazy.

Switch

Tony Hawk 1 & 2
Immortals Fennix Rising

XBOX

RE Village
GotG Deluxe Edition
25th Anniversary Edition Controller
Yakuza Like a Dragon

PS5

Hitman 3
Alan Wake Remastered
Marvels Avengers
Tales of Arise
Rachet and Clank
Deathloop
GoT Directors Cut
Returnal
Sackboy
Demon Souls
Where death stranding at tho

Listing our hauls eh?  I'm game.

switch

Mario bros deluxe gamestop "new"

fire emblem 5 bungalows new sealed

kirby all star allies new sealed

astral chain gamestop "new"

smt5 new sealed

ps4

blue reflection 2 x2 

yakuza 7 like a dragon new sealed

trails of cold steel 3 x3 (reprint unsealed and all jaggy)

Sakura wars new sealed

13 sentinels (reprint without art book. sealed)

ds/3ds pokemon mystery dungeon games and kirby ultra 

Off the top of my head. 

Also got pokemon diamond and pearl remakes from the buy 3 get 2 earlier this year. Mario Kart 8 for $23 or so from best buy after a $10 paypal promo + $5 reward cert. 

All in all made use of the b2g1's so I saved a bundle plus promo stuff and a gift card I got from work. 

My best purchase this black friday was the amazon $250 oculus quest 2 with $50 gc and petsmart small critter litter. $30 for 2 double packs that usually go for $16 a pack. Bought 14 double packs lol

Still debating buying avengers for xbox...

My best purchase this black friday was the amazon $250 oculus quest 2 with $50 gc and petsmart small critter litter. $30 for 2 double packs that usually go for $16 a pack. Bought 14 double packs lol

Play it on Game Pass lol

You should have gotten an Amazon Prime Rewards Visa signature card. $200 Amazon instant credit with approval.

Blue reflection 2 just reminds me that I'm shocked they haven't reprinted Blue Reflection 1 (yet). I was happy to let my copies go for around $100 months ago, but now they're up to like $150. Koei is known for sometimes reprinting rare/niche games (atelier ryza), so really surprised they didn't reprint the original right before/around release of the sequel.

Listing our hauls eh? I'm game.

switch

Mario bros deluxe gamestop "new"

fire emblem 5 bungalows new sealed

kirby all star allies new sealed

astral chain gamestop "new"

smt5 new sealed

ps4

blue reflection 2 x2

yakuza 7 like a dragon new sealed

trails of cold steel 3 x3 (reprint unsealed and all jaggy)

Sakura wars new sealed

13 sentinels (reprint without art book. sealed)

ds/3ds pokemon mystery dungeon games and kirby ultra

Off the top of my head.

Also got pokemon diamond and pearl remakes from the buy 3 get 2 earlier this year. Mario Kart 8 for $23 or so from best buy after a $10 paypal promo + $5 reward cert.

All in all made use of the b2g1's so I saved a bundle plus promo stuff and a gift card I got from work.
Yeah? Well I got an empty Astral Chain case and two Warhammer 40,000 Mechanicus (Switch) empty cases. Beat THAT!

Edit: Apparently the guy on chat said they have to open an investigation with the carrier to determine the location of my package...so apparently I have to wait 10-15 days for them to have the carrier tell them they did indeed deliver the package of empty cases before issuing replacements? This doesn't sound right.

I was sitting on $900 in trade in credit before the B2G1 sales kicked in, so I went a little nuts getting games that I either wanted or wanted to get because the boomerang potential is just too great. All in all, I think I ended up buying 30 games or so. Getting Ratchet and Clank, Returnal and GoT PS5 edition for $85 at Gamestop probably was my best purchase, though getting Deathloop, Guardians of the Galaxy and Persona 5 Strikers for $55 isn't too far behind. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back