2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleared out some games I'd never gotten around to playing, and most of them, yeah, had never been opened as a result.

Had a SL try to charge me refurb fees on the entire stack.

I half feel like she did it because I got tired of her fuckery after a third straight preorder mysteriously never showed up, and canceled it on her.

Either way, that location has seen the last of my business.

Blue reflection 2 just reminds me that I'm shocked they haven't reprinted Blue Reflection 1 (yet). I was happy to let my copies go for around $100 months ago, but now they're up to like $150. Koei is known for sometimes reprinting rare/niche games (atelier ryza), so really surprised they didn't reprint the original right before/around release of the sequel.
They reprinted ryza and possibly ryza 2 because the first one sold over a million copies I heard. The series used to be super niche so now that it's a money maker they aren't gonna let that go. They used to do reprints of the ps3 gen titles but stopped after escha and logy iirc. Though at the time they were also obsessed with doing plus versions of everything atelier wise.

Have to be a prime member and can't already have the card.
True but if you are not a Prime member you can get a 30-day free trial and the Amazon credit is yours to keep. Just cancel the trial and you can still have the benefit of the Prime card but instead of getting 5% with every Amazon purchase you only get 3%.

Cleared out some games I'd never gotten around to playing, and most of them, yeah, had never been opened as a result.

Had a SL try to charge me refurb fees on the entire stack.

I half feel like she did it because I got tired of her fuckery after a third straight preorder mysteriously never showed up, and canceled it on her.

Either way, that location has seen the last of my business.
Oh, and just for spite, when the other location didn't engage in fuckery, I went ahead and renewed my Pro. That store got credit, not hers.

Omfg GameStop “oops we can’t process your payment” I used a five card I got from Honey and it just won’t work. On app or browser. I just placed one earlier too but won’t work this time

I was able to get BOTW for $27 yesterday by refreshing my cart a million times even though it said it was out of stock basically all day...I had over $35 with Avengers in the cart also but still got charged $4 shipping (which I didnt bother trying to fix; I just immediately went thru with the order as soon as next day delivery popped up instead of saying not available). Got my games sealed brand new doordashed first thing in the morning today...I wanted to mention the refreshing yesterday but account was too new; long time lurker but hadnt made an account before. Maybe it will help on cyber monday if we see similar issues with games being sold out; just keep it in your cart and refresh periodically throughout the day.

Maybe if it's still live in a couple hours I'll get some more trade fodder.

Not sure if Hyrule Warriors Calamity or Pokemon Snap generally has a very high TIV, compared to the other big-name switch games?

Maybe if it's still live in a couple hours I'll get some more trade fodder.

Not sure if Hyrule Warriors Calamity or Pokemon Snap generally has a very high TIV, compared to the other big-name switch games?
I was considering grabbing more because it ends tonight apparently. I would think Snap has the better TIV normally but Odyssey is usually about the same TIV and is cheaper. RE Villages and Avengers are the best ones from this.

Anyone else having trouble accessing CAG from mobile data?

I just get “[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community.” I tried changing my IP my toggling airplane mode a few times but still get this. WiFi works just fine.

Gotta love how it shows street of rage anniversary, oddworld ps5 and dying light anniversary ps4 as $20 new but when u add to cart they’re $25

I see they just added $5 off single item for pro members

Anyone else having trouble accessing CAG from mobile data?

I just get “[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this community.” I tried changing my IP my toggling airplane mode a few times but still get this. WiFi works just fine.
Yea, I've been getting this for the past two weeks. Only works when I'm signed into my wifi. I'm on AT&T.

Any good games around $20.

Planning on getting scarlet nexus, biomutant, need one more preowned game.

Really wanted sonic mania + sonic racing, but oos.

Decided to get scarlet nexus,yakuza 3-5 collection and biomutant.

I own yakuza kiwami 1, not sure when I bought it.

Kiwami 2, 0 and 6 are $17 total on PSN, have some left over credit.

Just ordered Judgment 1+2 and like a dragon.

That's basically all of the games....

The what now?
I checked out some games on their site and saw a promo that says get $5 off any GameStop item it was around midnight I’m guessing they were updating the site for the new week? Anyway I clicked see details and it showed a list of eligible items. It said GameStop pro members get $5 off items, guess it includes pre owned too. Don’t see it anymore tho so maybe a cyber Monday deal?

Nvm I see it now. Check out metro exodus complete edition ps5 on gamestops site

Seems it applies to pre order as well like elden ring?

I checked out some games on their site and saw a promo that says get $5 off any GameStop item it was around midnight I’m guessing they were updating the site for the new week? Anyway I clicked see details and it showed a list of eligible items. It said GameStop pro members get $5 off items, guess it includes pre owned too. Don’t see it anymore tho so maybe a cyber Monday deal?

Nvm I see it now. Check out metro exodus complete edition ps5 on gamestops site

Seems it applies to pre order as well like elden ring?
Are you sure it wasn't your $5 PUR coupon in your cart?

Hi I wonder if family dollar considers GameStop gift card a gaming gift card? Because family dollar had 10% off there gaming and streaming gift cards.

Update: Dollat general has 15% off gaming and streaming gift cards and does include.

i figure it will leave game pass before i ever get around to playing it
Then why buy it?

basic bitch question: the monthly $5 instore, does it actually have to be printed out or can I just show it?

added up values crap I was going to toss, $50 worth bringing in.

Then why buy it?

basic bitch question: the monthly $5 instore, does it actually have to be printed out or can I just show it?
added up values crap I was going to toss, $50 worth bringing in.
It is on your account. If you tell them you want to use it they can bring it up on the register.

It's not a microsoft game so it could leave game pass at any time. I had target price match gamestop and will debate returning it. I suppose I could always borrow it from the library.
I was wondering about this. Is the general rule that Microsoft published games (eg gears tactics) don’t ever leave GPU?

I was wondering about this. Is the general rule that Microsoft published games (eg gears tactics) don’t ever leave GPU?
There’s no real “rule”. But none of the microsoft games have left and like why would they. Where as third party games come and go. GTA5 was on for like 2 weeks lol. There’s no reason to think microsoft games would be taken out

I also got avengers for $4 because, well, it was $4 after double dipping one of my monthly coupons

Edit: Forza 7 did leave. But it had licensing. I wouldn’t expect other games that didn’t have licensing to leave tho

Scored Ghosts of Tsushima and Ratchet for PS5 at $15 a piece during morning travel. Guy wanted to return but didn't have receipt to exchange for different games so offered to buy. Didn't hesitate on taking $30 so that saved me a bunch considering wanted to buy at somepoint

Both of mine have shipped but now I'm showing an additional 'vanilla' XSS waiting for carrier pickup and an unauthorized $51 hold on my account.
My full price one was shipped out already, however it's now changed to "Awaiting Carrier Delivery" on the Order page. ETA has changed from Monday to Wednesday even though it's literally already on the way.

The bundle is now showing as "Shipped" on the order page.

And yeah I also got a random charge for an additional $50 today.

Looking at the trade in values, they are brutally low even factoring in the 50% trade in bonus. For example, Breath of the Wild is trading in for $12 base when it's normally $25 and $35 on the bump days.

avengers is $22 and this is equivalent to botw

m6kzNKJ.png

:rofl:

That would mean RE Village PS5 would trade for $40 if the system pulls the right TIV?
The receipt from Resetera that I posted had RE Village PS5 at $15 ($22.50 with the promo). Hope the boost is true as I have a copy of Godfall PS5 to kick to the curb with the pending PS+ version hitting next month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back