2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The receipt from Resetera that I posted had RE Village PS5 at $15 ($22.50 with the promo). Hope the boost is true as I have a copy of Godfall PS5 to kick to the curb with the pending PS+ version hitting next month...
Yeah there’s an issue with the Village TIV for PS5…website shows $25 base but it seems to default to $15 in store.

The Gamestop gods have been good to me with my online orders, all have come complete in box and my Deathloop was a deluxe edition that still had a working code for the extras. 

Good lord. Any insight as to whether or not the trade values will go back up (BotW?) Or did they go down and thats permanent? I'm not worried about trading it in immediately...but hoping the value isn't tanked for good.

Just put in one more b2g1 order. Noticed death stranding PS5 was in stock (showed 1 left at the time) so I got that far cry 6 and devil may cry 5 all for PS5. Total was $71 so about $23 and some change each which was close enough to my buy price of $20 for these games.

Good lord. Any insight as to whether or not the trade values will go back up (BotW?) Or did they go down and thats permanent? I'm not worried about trading it in immediately...but hoping the value isn't tanked for good.
They'll go back up in the coming weeks, Gamestop has gotten wise(somewhat) and is trying to tank trade in values during B2G1s to discourage people buying, trading and then repeating and making profits of them. I expect we'll see another bump where the high demand Switch games go back up to $35 sometime in the middle of next month as they're going to need to restock inventory after being ravaged for the last two weeks.

Got my ‘new’ Astral Chain.  Case is a bit worn so I can’t tell if it was actually GameStop new or used.  They didn’t put their horrible side sticker on the case.

They'll go back up in the coming weeks, Gamestop has gotten wise(somewhat) and is trying to tank trade in values during B2G1s to discourage people buying, trading and then repeating and making profits of them. I expect we'll see another bump where the high demand Switch games go back up to $35 sometime in the middle of next month as they're going to need to restock inventory after being ravaged for the last two weeks.
Thank you! I'll just hope for the best when I'm ready, and keep an eye on the values.

There was a time when I'd be excited if my Gamestop used games came with case and manual. Now, I get excited when my Gamestop new games come sealed. Got the first 2 of my 11 new games from GS arrived... and they're sealed!:D 

Other 9 games are in limbo it seems... all of them were supposed to be delivered today/tomorrow but more than half of them haven't even been picked up yet even though they were "shipped" days ago. 

There was a time when I'd be excited if my Gamestop used games came with case and manual. Now, I get excited when my Gamestop new games come sealed. Got the first 2 of my 11 new games from GS arrived... and they're sealed!:D

Other 9 games are in limbo it seems... all of them were supposed to be delivered today/tomorrow but more than half of them haven't even been picked up yet even though they were "shipped" days ago.
This is so true. I've gotten pretty lucky with everything being sealed so far. Everything has been shipping to me from the warehouse though which is basically a guarantee it will be sealed. Only 1 so far had come from a store and it was also sealed. Got a few used games coming though and it's just best to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if they come with the case, hopefully with the disc inside.

If you purchased those games earlier in the week from gs, that's about the least stealthy way possible to trade them back in.

Finally catching up on my surveys after all the shopping the past few days. Felt good to finally burn that shitty GameStop employee in the mall for being such an asshole about a return/rebuy and insisting the B2G1 was over without bothering to check. Is this sort of shit common for mall GameStops now?

I hope all these positive surveys help out my awesome local dudes.

The fact that I can't use more than 2 gift cards to order online is asinine.
I couldn't order tonight using just one trade-in card online that could have covered the whole purchase. It kept giving errors showing my card being applied for payment, but not allowing to save & continue. I finally just checked out with Paypal instead.

I couldn't order tonight using just one trade-in card online that could have covered the whole purchase. It kept giving errors showing my card being applied for payment, but not allowing to save & continue. I finally just checked out with Paypal instead.
Fwiw, I was able to do this in the afternoon. I did have an issue adding anything to cart in MS Edge, but switching to Chrome fixed it.

I didn’t have any problems I ordered just a bit ago.

Finally catching up on my surveys after all the shopping the past few days. Felt good to finally burn that shitty GameStop employee in the mall for being such an asshole about a return/rebuy and insisting the B2G1 was over without bothering to check. Is this sort of shit common for mall GameStops now?
I hope all these positive surveys help out my awesome local dudes.
Naw just one of those temp employees being dicks and not wanting to deal with questions besides regulars. I had similar on Friday evening asking about a certain game until one of the nicer employees helped out. Made sure to put good word for her but the others who just being rude I put word as no need to take anger out on me for simply asking to check

Do you guys actually get "New" games, that come open from gamestop?

I just got Judgement and Lost Judgement, both are sealed.

Is it more common in-store?

I went instore for a new game couple years ago.

They took the box off the shelf and put a "new" disk inside of it. Said it was last copy.....

I still bought it, but was a cheap $10 game.

They took the box off the shelf and put a "new" disk inside of it. Said it was last copy.....

I ended up with 3 GS "new" games, all were in-store buys and last/gutted copies.

Guardians of the Galaxy :xb1:

NEO: TWEWY :switch:

Big Rumble Boxing: Creed Champions :switch:

If its the last new copy more than likely it's opened and used as a display. If the store has more than one new copy in stock then you can ask for a sealed version.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I ordered like 7 new switch games from GameStop. So far 6 of them have arrived and they’re all sealed.

If it's the only copy of a game they have, they'll have to give you the gutted one. It's supposed to be unplayed based on what a couple of managers have said. If there are more than 1 copy, they should give you sealed.

Any yakuza fans?
Have all the games 0-6 and 3 others, should I start on yakuza 1 or yakuza 0?
Play 0 first.
Play them in order of release.
I just finished the last main series Yakuza game a few weeks ago and I'm not sure what I'd recommend. I played 1-5 in order of release (meaning the first two games on the PS2, and not Kawami 1 or 2) but played 6 before playing 0, even though 0 came out first.

As a game (ignoring gameplay mechanics, story, characters, etc.), 6 was by far my most favorite. Even though I played the first Yakuza back on the PS2, the games all honestly felt kind of outdated in many ways from the design/technical aspect. Not sure how to best explain it but I enjoyed all the games but they felt annoying to play at times- load times, clunky/slow menus, slow or un-skippable parts. 6 was the first game in the series that actually felt like a modern (again, relative to it's time of release) since I believe it used an all new engine (same one that was later used for Kiwami 2, which was a remake of the original 2nd game). But 0 had by far the two best side-adventures in the entire series (real estate, and especially the cabaret club). After beating 6, I played 0 and it just felt hard to play but it was very content rich whereas 6 wasn't as content rich.

But I think for the best story experience, play them in chronological order. It might be a bit tough to adjust to the games though since... 0 and Kiwami 1 will look nice but feel different (since both were made for the PS4 BEFORE the Dragon Engine). Then Kiwami 2 will look and feel great (remake of 2 using the Dragon Engine). And then 3-5 will look ok and play ok (basically upscaled PS3 games). And then finally 6 will feel like a completely different game (made from the ground up on the PS4 using the Dragon Engine).

Regardless of how you play them- be ready for one of the most engrossing, ridiculous, action packed and over-the-top game series.:D

Black Friday (Week?) Haul:

Resident Evil Village - PS5 - Gamestop - New unopened

How Wheels Unleashed - PS5 - Gamestop - New unopened

Tales of Arise - PS5 - Gamestop - New unopened

The Last of Us Remastered - PS4 - Gamestop - New unopened

Sonic Colors Ultimate - Switch - Gamestop - New unopened

Deathloop - PS5 - Gamestop - New opened but disk looks new

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim - PS4 - Gamestop - Used complete

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Switch - Gamestop - New unopened

NBA 2K21 Mamba Forever Edition - PS5 - Walmart

Yakuza: Like a Dragon - PS5 - Gamestop - used, in generic case but disk looks good

Watchdog Legions -PS5 - Target

Back 4 Blood - PS5 - Walmart

Neo: The World Ends With You - Switch - Walmart

Shen Megami Tensei Nocturne III HD Remaster - Switch - Gamestop - used complete

Shen Megami Tensei V - Switch - Gamestop -  New unopened

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade PS5 Gamestop - New unopened

Imortals Fenyx Rising PS5 Target

Cyberpunk 77 PS4 Target

Still waiting to Arrive from Gamestop:

Xenoblade Chronicles - Switch - New

Cruis N Blast - Switch - New

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - Switch - Used

Ys IX: Monstrom Nox - Switch - Used

Luigi's Mansion 3 - Switch - Used

This is stupid, and I hope I never do it again. It was fun though.... :)

Only one of the used games came in a generic case, so I feel pretty good about that. And only one new game came opened already.

I feel fortunate that I haven't been able to get a Series X or this would have been worse.

If it's the only copy of a game they have, they'll have to give you the gutted one. It's supposed to be unplayed based on what a couple of managers have said. If there are more than 1 copy, they should give you sealed.
My understanding is that GameStop stopped gutting copies earlier this year with the last reorganization. Of course, there are still plenty of “new” games that were gutted prior to that change and are still in stock at various locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back