2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone not been getting the 4% back reward points? For me it was working correctly for the first few days kd the promo, but I’ve only gotten 2% on my purchases the last couple days

Avengers dropped from $14 base to $10 on Xbox/PS4 and RE Village went from $20 to $10 on PS4…No idea what the PS5 version will trade for in-store now.

B2g1 did end I knew I should of went ahead and made another order yesterday now I'll wait and see if they do 5 for 50$ for preowned games under 19.99 again

It said cyber week deals, but they ended b2g1 and some game prices have gone up.

Avengers is now 11 base btw on both while PS5 lowest at 4.40. Not too terrible either

Btw for those who still are looking for a copy of Nier Replicant or Neo TWEWY from Walmart,try with GS. Granted may receive a display copy but better than having to drive 50 miles or more in search(Pricing may have jumped sadly on both via WM)

No Gamestop promotions have guaranteed end dates anymore. They can always end before planned dates, so they often don't even make them public now.
Oh I knew they were subject to change, but I thought I was losing it cause there's no mention of deals or terms at all anymore

I snagged Ring Fit Adventure last night. $54.99 down to $41 after using a $15 coupon.

Really excited to try it out! 

B2G2 and B2G1 ended last night. Tried building an order but upon checking to see if the sale was still active after midnight, found the free games no longer free.

Can confirm I have now received both the full price XSS and the $9.99 Fortnite XSS. I still have a phantom authorization for $51 on my account, but the main transaction settled Sunday for $343 as I paid for expedited shipping.

Can confirm I have now received both the full price XSS and the $9.99 Fortnite XSS. I still have a phantom authorization for $51 on my account, but the main transaction settled Sunday for $343 as I paid for expedited shipping.
Same here. My second one is scheduled to arrive tomorrow though but it's in my state.

You're lucky, online it shows that they completely cancelled my order, but my trade card was charged $335.

You're lucky, online it shows that they completely cancelled my order, but my trade card was charged $335.
same situation here. "awaiting availability" on one console for days, then order completely cancelled. contacted support and was told that it still shows as "$299.99 with a console and game pass" on their end, so who knows.

I saw your posts on GAF, and the reply that just posted your own avatar to you made me laugh out loud. You shouldn't open them until all the charges clear.

NolRnWo.png

I saw your posts on GAF, and the reply that just posted your own avatar to you made me laugh out loud. You shouldn't open them until all the charges clear.
That's the plan. The $343 is cleared but I want to see the $51 drop off. Hell, I'm entirely likely to eat the $51 even if it inexplicably posts because I'm so far ahead already and I'm probably just going to flip the vanilla XSS for around cost and walk away since I already have a Series X. The XSS is for my kid's use and replacing a One X I'll be selling since the price is so inflated right now.

That's the plan. The $343 is cleared but I want to see the $51 drop off. Hell, I'm entirely likely to eat the $51 even if it inexplicably posts because I'm so far ahead already and I'm probably just going to flip the vanilla XSS for around cost and walk away since I already have a Series X. The XSS is for my kid's use and replacing a One X I'll be selling since the price is so inflated right now.
One of mine has been recalled and the other hasn't been updated today yet. GS should have just canceled the orders. Now they'll be eating chargebacks and return shipping fees.

same. I just now received my Fortnite bundle. After getting the vanilla one Saturday.

so far i have one completed charge for $328. And a temp hold for $49. And digitally they sent 3 months of GPU and a $10 giftcard. Im confused. But i think against all odds. WE DID IT?

first one didn't even have a packing slip. This packing slip for the Fornite bundles says $9.99

I snagged Ring Fit Adventure last night. $54.99 down to $41 after using a $15 coupon.

Really excited to try it out!
If you turn the difficulty up and do it for at least 2x as long as they allow before telling you to take a break, it is a real workout. I used it for a little more than a year. After I "beat" the game 2x, I got bored of it and sold it. Definitely got my money's worth.

FYI - a few PS1 and PS2 retro games are now back in stock.
Dang, too slow.. if anyone here gets Lunar:SSSC - curious if it comes complete. Seems like if GS is getting their retro inventory directly from stores there seems to be a better chance lately!

NajJaVT.png

The vanilla series S shows as canceled for me. One fortnite bundle shipped with a 2nd one preparing for shipment. This is from emails.

Was that how it showed for you guys?

The vanilla series S shows as canceled for me. One fortnite bundle shipped with a 2nd one preparing for shipment. This is from emails.

Was that how it showed for you guys?
i got the vanilla one delivered immediately. It showed up the next day. A day after i already received one, i got the cancel email. Rereading it, it sounds like they meant to cancel the vanilla and send me the Fornite bundle instead. But they couldn't cancel the vanilla because i already had it. So they sent out the Fortnite bundle assuming they had cancelled the other.

Is there anywhere to see GameStop's Active Offers for Trade-In. I saw someone mention a bonus for Console trade in's this weekend. I saw $50 bonus when trading in an Xbox sometime last week but no dates provided. I am curious if its worth trading in my OG model of Switch now while it still has value. Battery life is one of the reasons I don't use it as much anymore. 

What's required when trading in a Switch and also an Original version of the Xbox One? Can I get by with a 3rd party controller?

Curious to the tiv for PS5 RE Village today. Web still shows base $25. Assumes its still base $15 in store?
I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and then I'm going to check. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be $25 as there are 2 different listings for PS5 RE on the website. The past month TIV have been lagging a couple of days behind what is online, I reeaaaaaaaallly hope that is the case today.

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered and then I'm going to check. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be $25 as there are 2 different listings for PS5 RE on the website. The past month TIV have been lagging a couple of days behind what is online, I reeaaaaaaaallly hope that is the case today.
Was hoping the higher value would pop since they raised the price on the game.

Congrats to all the folks that will be getting $10 Series S! I don't think we need to know the minute to minute update on the shipping status - just lettuce know when the system does or does not show up in a week or two! I suspect all the systems will show up at the $10+shipping price eventually, as I think only a block of bundles were allocated for the days that promo triggered in our favor and Gamestop doesn't have enough elves to bother checking if the sales are at a massive loss, as long as the payment went thru - they'll count it as a sale. :p
Yep - worked this afternoon for me. Luckily last gen stuff value doesn't fluctuate much so trade away! Tried to pickup some Mario Odysseys but couldn't find ~$33 games in stock to feel good about it - much prefer 50% off sales...
Cool, cool. Thanks for the info!

I stopped buying anything that would come in a CD case from gamestop early on when they actually gave a shit about trying to sell older games. You will never get anything other than the CDs only

I stopped buying anything that would come in a CD case from gamestop early on when they actually gave a shit about trying to sell older games. You will never get anything other than the CDs only
4 days ago I received the Xbox game Crimson Skies Revenge complete with the original case.

Is there anywhere to see GameStop's Active Offers for Trade-In. I saw someone mention a bonus for Console trade in's this weekend. I saw $50 bonus when trading in an Xbox sometime last week but no dates provided. I am curious if its worth trading in my OG model of Switch now while it still has value. Battery life is one of the reasons I don't use it as much anymore.

What's required when trading in a Switch and also an Original version of the Xbox One? Can I get by with a 3rd party controller?
I traded in my OG Switch and Xbox One over the weekend. Not sure if the $50 trade bump is still happening but here's what was required:

Switch - Console, Joy Cons + Straps, Joy Con Grip, HDMI Cable, AC Adapter, and Dock

Xbox One - Console, 1 Controller, HDMI, Power Brick + Cord

My hdmi cord for the xbox one was generic and they still took it. Not sure about 3rd party controllers tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back