2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Having not played the game, is the extra $15 worth it for Miles Morales ultimate edition? Debating the base at 29 vs ultimate at 44...and I know I missed both cheaper.
I would say Spider-Man Remastered is worth the extra money. It’s the only way to play the first game at 60fps, visuals are cleaned up, etc. The biggest complaint is that Spider-Man’s face was changed to a different actor, but that shouldn’t be an issue if you’ve never played it. Codes for the first game also sell on eBay for well over $20 usually.

If you just want base Miles Morales, you can always buy the first game digitally for $20 through the Miles Morales main screen.

I'm glad you guys mentioned that I should be getting points for trades. I hadn't gotten them for the Switch I traded. Went to CS chat and lo and behold, I was supposed to, and so they added them. 

Already over. Called to double check and was told by employee
numerous people in this thread confirmed it was working today...not sure i'd take an employee saying it over the phone over people who have actually traded today...they frequently don't know their own promotions...

Well mark this one up as odd. Went to a store to get the Miles Morales PS5 base game with my $5 monthly reward. Had them price match it to the web price, was told they only had a used copy after he looked everywhere for the new game, had them then price match the used copy to the web price, and was given a fully sealed Ultimate Edition with a pre-owned sticker on it.

So for $22.99 (after monthly reward) × tax, I might have gotten the ultimate edition.

Hope it really is unused. 😁

Can a mod put this gif in the OP so people know what to expect when dealing with Gamestop?

9bf9e364-b592-4ccd-8cc7-3f300ba494a8_text.gif

It's pretty much the answer to every question.

This was in my email today (first mention of a 50% Extra Credit even though it started earlier in the week), received at 4pm. No mention on the end date of the 50% bonus trade.

car.jpg

Well mark this one up as odd. Went to a store to get the Miles Morales PS5 base game with my $5 monthly reward. Had them price match it to the web price, was told they only had a used copy after he looked everywhere for the new game, had them then price match the used copy to the web price, and was given a fully sealed Ultimate Edition with a pre-owned sticker on it.

So for $22.99 (after monthly reward) × tax, I might have gotten the ultimate edition.

Hope it really is unused. 😁
Let us know! Excellent deal if the Remastered code is unused

Can further confirm 50% on games is live.  Also, no bonus other than pur 10% applied when a controller was rung up today.

Is the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles for NS supposed to be ghetto shrinkwrapped? Or is GS now ghetto shrinkwrapping "new" games? 

Is the Great Ace Attorney Chronicles for NS supposed to be ghetto shrinkwrapped? Or is GS now ghetto shrinkwrapping "new" games?
I'm not sure what you mean, but GAA was normally shrink wrapped when I purchased it new. If it came in an outer bag with a fold-down seal, that's one of the better ways gs reseals games they call "new."

Regardless, your phrasing might be somewhat unkind to people living in certain communities by bringing them down to gamestop's level.

Just wanted to confirm that the $100/$10 or $200/$20 deal is dead.  I should have jumped on it sooner...

But!  The Dollar General 15% off GameStop gift cards is still active.  So I bought a large amount there and then bought Steam gift cards from GameStop and used up my coupons, to include my $10 renewal.

So now I have a good chunk in my Steam wallet for my Steam Deck next year and netting a quick 30% return on investment.

Just wanted to confirm that the $100/$10 or $200/$20 deal is dead. I should have jumped on it sooner...

But! The Dollar General 15% off GameStop gift cards is still active. So I bought a large amount there and then bought Steam gift cards from GameStop and used up my coupons, to include my $10 renewal.

So now I have a good chunk in my Steam wallet for my Steam Deck next year and netting a quick 30% return on investment.
Awesome post, thanks for the info.

Just wanted to confirm that the $100/$10 or $200/$20 deal is dead. I should have jumped on it sooner...

But! The Dollar General 15% off GameStop gift cards is still active. So I bought a large amount there and then bought Steam gift cards from GameStop and used up my coupons, to include my $10 renewal.

Thanks on the tip. Gonna go later on in day to get some

Did anyone order games from the retro restock the other day and actually have them ship out? I placed a couple of orders and all of them are "preparing for shipment" with one item "awaiting product availability". One of the orders had a non-retro item which has already shipped.

Is order fulfillment/shipping super slow now that it's "holiday season"?

Did anyone order games from the retro restock the other day and actually have them ship out? I placed a couple of orders and all of them are "preparing for shipment" with one item "awaiting product availability". One of the orders had a non-retro item which has already shipped.

Is order fulfillment/shipping super slow now that it's "holiday season"?
Gamestop fulfillment is always slow for me

looks like gamestop finally canceled my fortnite xbox series s. i got a tracking number and a shipped email a few days ago but it never shipped lol

For those looking for more info on the Dollar General discount, see this link here.

You can get 15% off the following gift cards:

- Sony PSN
- Xbox Live

- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (!)
- Vudu
- Spotify
- Fandango
- GameStop (!)

Website says it goes thru this Saturday, December 4th.

For those looking for more info on the Dollar General discount, see this link here.

You can get 15% off the following gift cards:

- Sony PSN
- Xbox Live

- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate (!)
- Vudu
- Spotify
- Fandango
- GameStop (!)

Website says it goes thru this Saturday, December 4th.
Thank you, I was just about to ask about this as well. I've got a final list of PS3 games that I want to buy, and they only take PSN funds as payment now.

Thank you, I was just about to ask about this as well. I've got a final list of PS3 games that I want to buy, and they only take PSN funds as payment now.
That's smart. I end up paying MSRP on the store to fill out my PS3 catalog of mainly PS1/PS2/PS3 digital only exclusives. You're going at it a better way.

I will be going back out to top off another card to take advantage of my $5/month PUR coupon to get $20 Steam cards for effectively $12.75 a pop. I am lucky to have a GameStop on the way when I go into the office, so its an easy thing to do for me.

Yeah, I bought a gift card last year when Dollar General had them discounted, and used them with my monthly $5 on PSN credit every month. Gonna do the same with eshop credit now.

Between the sale on the Series X|S expansion storage ($187) and 15% off Gamestop GC's at Dollar General, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I know the 2TB is coming out soon-ish, but $400 is out of my price range for extra storage.

Find a recent GS exclusive game, but it and sell on eBay. Stubbs is a good one and you’ll sell it for more than it costs at GS
Stubbs is on sale for $17 on PS4 and being sold at around $25 on eBay. After tax, fees, shipping, and time, you're likely better not even doing anything unless it's just part of your routine.

The Switch version sells for around $40, but is also $26. A lot of work for maybe $10.

You do you, though.

Between the sale on the Series X|S expansion storage ($187) and 15% off Gamestop GC's at Dollar General, I decided to go ahead and buy it. I know the 2TB is coming out soon-ish, but $400 is out of my price range for extra storage.
Great purchase for those of us sitting on tons of trade credit. Never had more than 1TB on a console so 2TB should be enough for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back