2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are some ways to convert GameStop gift cards to cash?
Buy something online and return it to the store, swipe debit/credit card. Did it last weekend. The employee even looked up my online order on their computer and just said "swipe whatever payment method you used". It's YMMV, but I've done it on the past too without issue.

Great purchase for those of us sitting on tons of trade credit. Never had more than 1TB on a console so 2TB should be enough for a while
I'm really struggling on getting this or a Series S. Anyone have a multiple Xbox setup in their space and recommend that as an option?

Are there still issues with online coupons redeemed with points? Haven't redeemed an online coupon in years.
From what I've heard, still not working. In store coupons should work though. But I've been sitting on 70,000 points since they did the discount on them during the holidays a few years back.

I'm really struggling on getting this or a Series S. Anyone have a multiple Xbox setup in their space and recommend that as an option?
Having a one x is probably the better bet. That’s why I kept mine incase I wanted to move around and play in other rooms. My whole thing with the series s is there’s no disc drive. Still don’t understand why they did this but whatever.

I'm not sure what you mean, but GAA was normally shrink wrapped when I purchased it new. If it came in an outer bag with a fold-down seal, that's one of the better ways gs reseals games they call "new."

Regardless, your phrasing might be somewhat unkind to people living in certain communities by bringing them down to gamestop's level.
Meant heat shrink wrapped. I read in here that NS games have the worst consistency so was wondering if AA Chronicles was a game with shoddy factory shrinkwrap.

And fair enough point on word usage.

I think you’re talking about getting the memory card vs buying a Series S. If you typically play only a handful of games at a time, I would go for the the Series S. I expect the Series S will hold its value better over the next few years. Buying and selling storage space seems a sketchier second market.

I think you’re talking about getting the memory card vs buying a Series S. If you typically play only a handful of games at a time, I would go for the the Series S. I expect the Series S will hold its value better over the next few years. Buying and selling storage space seems a sketchier second market.
Yeah, already have the Series X. The S would be more for "family games" (Lego type stuff that typically has small installs), and Game Pass games. I'm leaning towards that even though storage will continue to be an issue.

Yeah, already have the Series X. The S would be more for "family games" (Lego type stuff that typically has small installs), and Game Pass games. I'm leaning towards that even though storage will continue to be an issue.
I think you will be fine with storage unless you literally play that many games simultaneously

Has anyone done any trades today? Is the 50% still on for games?
Just traded in this morning, 50% applied plus PUR.

Unfortunately only got $24 for PS5 RE Village after promo but better than nothing (they wouldn't budge on online prices, prices may vary etc.). Still was able to get rid of some avengers and MHR.

Has anyone done any trades today? Is the 50% still on for games?
Yes. Traded in GotG for $34 with the 50% bonus today (Thursday). GS is still selling it used for $25 as well, so it’s a reasonable flip even if you don’t want to play it (it’s a decent game, kind of like Mass Effect meets Uncharted, but the combat is pretty tedious and the whole game could stand to be trimmed by about a third).

Yes. Traded in GotG for $34 with the 50% bonus today (Thursday). GS is still selling it used for $25 as well, so it’s a reasonable flip even if you don’t want to play it (it’s a decent game, kind of like Mass Effect meets Uncharted, but the combat is pretty tedious and the whole game could stand to be trimmed by about a third).
What gens this 50% bonus apply to? Just Switch, PS4/PS5 and One/X? Any minimum value?

Believe he should be able to purchase the eshop credit using the discounted Gamestop gift cards.
Oh I wasn't thinking about that. Clever. And then you get the points on your card for buying the gs ones then points on your gs account for buying the eshop cards.

This is probably a dumb question, but how I do confirm that my $5 monthly GameStop coupon is in my account?

I’m new to PUR Pro and just want to make sure it’s in my account before bothering going up there.

Kinda mentioned by someone as well but unless you need to play enhanced games all at once quickly between, just use a regular external drive to store items and run regular XB1 games off of and then transfer onto the internal when you need the enhancements. it doesn't take that much time. Space isn't that big of a deal.

Kinda mentioned by someone as well but unless you need to play enhanced games all at once quickly between, just use a regular external drive to store items and run regular XB1 games off of and then transfer onto the internal when you need the enhancements. it doesn't take that much time. Space isn't that big of a deal.
Agreed. It’s a mild annoyance but not a $200 annoyance.

Got about $150 in trade credit left. Was thinking about grabbing an Elite Series V2 Xbox controller to use with Series X. Anyone have it and can give a quick review? The normal Series X controller already feels pretty good. I play shooters and adventure games . Just trying to decide if it’s worth it

I noticed smtv was instock preowned at $45.  Decided to gamble a bit and purchase an online-only certificate ($5).  Actually worked and stacked along with my monthly $5.  Took it down to $34.99, which is the lowest point for free shipping.

Also noticed that preowned botw is in stock at 26.99 currently.

i had elite controller and sold it because most times i just used it as a regular controller with more weight to it.  unless you're actually trying to be competitive level player on things its not worth it.

I've never been able to doubledip my monthly.  But i've not tried it many times.  Is the key to redeem them store first then online or online then store?  Also does time matter?  Like do you have to do it right away?

Regarding shipping:  if it comes from a store, it's fucked.  if it comes from Grapevine TX, you have a better chance it doesn't get delayed, or get a used game, etc.   Every time FedEX says "STORE MANAGER" i know i'm fucked.

you get an email with the code every month

just use it in store then copy that code and use it online in that order

I went to the store to check on Madden 22 for Series X and it was $12.xx credit and $9.60 cash. Would anyone happen to know what Mario Rabbids is right now? I saw that the price went up quite a bit. 

Dude you know TIVs are online right? Here's rabbids base value.

• Store Credit
    $6.00
  • Cash
    $4.80
Lol. I do know this, but Madden's TIV wasn't online for a long time and I checked Rabbids this morning and got the same thing I was getting from Madden. I appreciate the heavy lifting tho and getting me the Rabbids value. :cool:

yeah but when i try to use it online it says "already used."
I leave an item in my online cart with the coupon applied. Then I do an in-store purchase. Right when I get the receipt for the in-store purchase, I check out online and the second $5 off goes through. I haven't been able to double dip applying the coupon code later.

I'm about to charge back the fuck out of GameStop lol
What's the matter? Was there some fake ass deal about all consoles glitching out to $22.50 last Thursday you want to pretend you got screwed over on, you shitty sleazeball?

What's the matter? Was there some fake ass deal about all consoles glitching out to $22.50 last Thursday you want to pretend you got screwed over on, you shitty sleazeball?
Dear dick shit they actually did something illegal by cancelling then charging prices you never agreed to. They cancelled orders then charged cards without tax. Learn the law and go die in a ditch.

Speculation time.  What's the chance Gamestop will have regular, non bundled Series X or PS5 with Disc within the next year, and -fairly- easy to get? 

Asking because I'm really tempted to sell my XB1 and/ or PS4 to Gamestop, so I can upgrade (doubt I'll get a better offer later), but don't want to be stuck with so much credit, so I'd rather buy the new console from them.  Don't want to deal with private sellers / ebay

Speculation time. What's the chance Gamestop will have regular, non bundled Series X or PS5 with Disc within the next year, and -fairly- easy to get?

Asking because I'm really tempted to sell my XB1 and/ or PS4 to Gamestop, so I can upgrade (doubt I'll get a better offer later), but don't want to be stuck with so much credit, so I'd rather buy the new console from them. Don't want to deal with private sellers / ebay
i don't think anyone knows what will happen with the supply. if the rest of the stores start having consistent stock, there is no way gamestop will keep doing bundles as they won't be able to sell them. your best bet is to hope for a microsoft bundle email then use all your gamestop credit on xbox currency to buy the microsoft bundle.

Yeah, Gamestop did things in a weird way. They cancelled and shipped orders and then charged back the original payment method for $299.99 (instead of $310+tax, so it is cheaper). Everything should work out in the long run (ie. still get two XBOXs for the price of 1), but it's annoying if people want to return an order that doesn't exist/was cancelled. 

Not sure how chargebacks would work. With paypal at least the seller has an opportunity to respond. You can show proof you were charged for a cancelled order, but Gamestop can provide a tracking number as well. Not sure who PayPal would try with. I'd probably rather not deal with it and be perma-banned from GS online. 

All said and done, it's a total Gamestop way to do things. If they were going to cancel the order, just do it and don't ship anything out/charge anything. If you are going to honor the 2 for 1, just let the original payment go through, don't cancel and re-charge. 

Anyone else have a delayed order from a couple weeks ago?

My order from the 19th was supposed to be delivered the 29th and it's been stuck on the same place for over a week
No new status updates since the 28th.

My other 2 orders placed the same day arrived almost a week ago.

you get an email with the code every month
just use it in store then copy that code and use it online in that order
Do you know the sender address that the emaill comes from? I signed up early November and got an email from gamestop about signing up. Haven't received an email sin e, and my coupon didn't show up until like November 30th (December coupon).

Do you know the sender address that the emaill comes from? I signed up early November and got an email from gamestop about signing up. Haven't received an email sin e, and my coupon didn't show up until like November 30th (December coupon).
My coupon came in an E-mail titled Gamestop Powerup Rewards but from Gamestop.com as the E-Mail address. If you use Gmail, it was in my promotions tab and not in the primary. Gmail is weird in that there are some Gamestop E-mails that I get in the primary tab and then there are way more that I get in the promotions tab, even when they pertain to the same subjects. I've gotten shipping notices and order notices in both boxes, and it appears to be random as to which one the E-mails will go into.

Yeah, Gamestop did things in a weird way. They cancelled and shipped orders and then charged back the original payment method for $299.99 (instead of $310+tax, so it is cheaper). Everything should work out in the long run (ie. still get two XBOXs for the price of 1), but it's annoying if people want to return an order that doesn't exist/was cancelled.

Not sure how chargebacks would work. With paypal at least the seller has an opportunity to respond. You can show proof you were charged for a cancelled order, but Gamestop can provide a tracking number as well. Not sure who PayPal would try with. I'd probably rather not deal with it and be perma-banned from GS online.

All said and done, it's a total Gamestop way to do things. If they were going to cancel the order, just do it and don't ship anything out/charge anything. If you are going to honor the 2 for 1, just let the original payment go through, don't cancel and re-charge.
You have to own it if you decided to go for the glitch. We all know with GameStop things could go western. They obviously don’t want to give away free consoles. If you received one console and they charged you for it just return it.

You have to own it if you decided to go for the glitch. We all know with GameStop things could go western. They obviously don’t want to give away free consoles. If you received one console and they charged you for it just return it.
if they canceled the orders and still shipped/charged for the items, it will be interesting to see how the return process works if there is no order # related to the items

if they canceled the orders and still shipped/charged for the items, it will be interesting to see how the return process works if there is no order # related to the items
Agree. I got an email that an item shipped, the order is cancelled under Orders on my GameStop account and I do not have a charge on my credit card. None of this makes any sense.

I am happy to return to the store but with a cancelled order, will they turn me away claiming the item came from somewhere else?

If they don’t charge you and the order doesn’t exist you might as well keep it. I assume they will include an invoice but for how much I don’t know.

8cd2cb0e-5a26-4fc4-9fb0-f83f068a156d_text.gif

Does anyone else have a store that refuses to take 6th gen trades anymore? They are on the website but they always tell me their system refuses to load those values, and that the online values are "outdated". I haven't tried going to my other store yet, but can anyone confirm their local store is still taking 360 games?

Well one of my 2 gamestop orders from black friday says delivered but I never received it  :wall:

I gave it a couple days in case there was an error and some delay from USPS but no such luck. I have a security camera so it was definitely not stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back