2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several of my orders said shipped with delivery dates of Wed, Thurs and Friday, but now all say waiting pickup. Now another one that I never received any info for just arrived. Why do they even bother with tracking info at this point.

Is GameStop unable to do anything once you place an order? I asked them to cancel an order many times but they said they couldn't. I was hoping to return them to store once they got delivered but it got returned back to GameStop Warehouse when it was in the FedEx near my house (processing refund now). Now an order from the 21st is "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" after tracking info were shown a few days ago. My trade credits have been stuck in limbo for 2 weeks now. I had to use cash to pay during Black Friday sales. :cry:

Is GameStop unable to do anything once you place an order? I asked them to cancel an order many times but they said they couldn't. I was hoping to return them to store once they got delivered but it got returned back to GameStop Warehouse when it was in the FedEx near my house (processing refund now). Now an order from the 21st is "Awaiting Carrier Pickup" after tracking info were shown a few days ago. My trade credits have been stuck in limbo for 2 weeks now. I had to use cash to pay during Black Friday sales. :cry:
And this is what I am afraid of now. I made a purchase on 11/23 that is still showing "awaiting pick up" and I'm afraid to just tell them to refund me on account that I paid with almost $190 in trade credit.
I don't want the trade credit to be a casualty of my poor judgement of buying a TV through them.

Well one of my 2 gamestop orders from black friday says delivered but I never received it :wall:
I gave it a couple days in case there was an error and some delay from USPS but no such luck. I have a security camera so it was definitely not stolen.
I thought most GameStop orders were FedEx.

For USPS, sign up for informed delivery so you know all the letters & packages you should be getting each day.

they ship usps from the warehouse
most warehouse orders are also Fedex.

Gamestop doesn't have their own shipping though, they are pretty much mostly Fedex, some USPS, and then some local carriers in select areas. However during the holidays and super busy times, expect things to take awhile to move from the awaiting carrier pickup state. Fedex especially only picks up so many things per day, and everything from Wednesday on before Thanksgiving wasn't getting a chance to go out even until this week, possibly even earlier than that if they were already backed up which is likely. Remember, they don't have their own shipping network, they aren't Amazon. Everything will take time, don't even worry about trusting the tracking until it's past the pickup stage, and even then expect a delay or two cause Fedex gonna Fedex.

Speculation time. What's the chance Gamestop will have regular, non bundled Series X or PS5 with Disc within the next year, and -fairly- easy to get?
Asking because I'm really tempted to sell my XB1 and/ or PS4 to Gamestop, so I can upgrade (doubt I'll get a better offer later), but don't want to be stuck with so much credit, so I'd rather buy the new console from them. Don't want to deal with private sellers / ebay
which One X and how much are you looking for?

Did anyone else get double shipped on certain games? I got an extra 4 $27 Switch games lol thanks GameStop!
I got an extra copy of Miles Morales. The weird thing is that they both had the same exact tracking number and the second copy was shipped a few days after I received my first copy.

So this cracked me up. I got a Gamestop order and it was shipped via FedEx. Something about the box looked odd, like there was too much tape and it was in weird spots. Well, when I opened it up, all was revealed. They shipped my stuff using FedEx in an inside out UPS box with a UPS bubble envelope used for packing! I've seen similar moves from individual eBay sellers, but never from a company. :whistle2:

Only consistent thing about GameStop is never be too invested in their ecosystem and if it can go wrong, it will go wrong.

I typically only employ their services when it's very beneficial for me to do so, such as the tradepocalypse in 2016 or basically getting free money with the current deals regarding PUR + Dollar General cards. 

Their website is a glitchy pile of garbage, so I fully expect to get my products on a hope and prayer margin.

So this cracked me up. I got a Gamestop order and it was shipped via FedEx. Something about the box looked odd, like there was too much tape and it was in weird spots. Well, when I opened it up, all was revealed. They shipped my stuff using FedEx in an inside out UPS box with a UPS bubble envelope used for packing! I've seen similar moves from individual eBay sellers, but never from a company. :whistle2:
Individual eBay sellers take more pride in their shipping than individual GameStop stores.

I’m still waiting for whoever the jackass manager is to pack/give FedEx my nba 2k22. Label has been waiting since Monday and it’s from a store 30 mins away. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Got about $150 in trade credit left. Was thinking about grabbing an Elite Series V2 Xbox controller to use with Series X. Anyone have it and can give a quick review? The normal Series X controller already feels pretty good. I play shooters and adventure games . Just trying to decide if it’s worth it
I just picked one up and have been on it for about 3 weeks. I use 2 paddles (you can use up to 4) to replace the RB and LB buttons. I like this and am getting used to using them. Controller itself is solid and its nice to have the customization options on it. I don't think I'd pay $180 for it, but at $130 I don't regret the purchase at all

I just picked one up and have been on it for about 3 weeks. I use 2 paddles (you can use up to 4) to replace the RB and LB buttons. I like this and am getting used to using them. Controller itself is solid and its nice to have the customization options on it. I don't think I'd pay $180 for it, but at $130 I don't regret the purchase at all
Nice! Great feedback . Thanks

Do I hold out for better values? I have a bunch of switch games but the prices suck.
braveheart-hold.gif

50% still active. Like mentioned before, RE Village ps5 is only trading in for $24 but the clerk manually adjusted it to $27.50 to match the online value. I think the true base value is $15 like the Xbox version is. Then add in extra 60% (10% Pro bonus & 50% extra trade in bonus) and it comes out to $24.

Still a decent flip since I used my monthly coupon and got it for $14. Also flipped PS4 avengers (bought for $9 traded for $16).

And this is what I am afraid of now. I made a purchase on 11/23 that is still showing "awaiting pick up" and I'm afraid to just tell them to refund me on account that I paid with almost $190 in trade credit.
I don't want the trade credit to be a casualty of my poor judgement of buying a TV through them.

I had an order that I wanted to cancel. Was in preparing stage and they couldn't. Put it in a "recall" status and it took almost 2 weeks for FedEx to ship to my neck of the woods, then back to GS!

Here's what you guys really might want to know...

Apparently, they can't return funds to the trade or GS card used for payment. They mailed me a new gift card.

I guess that makes sense as if you used up a card you might have tossed it, so returning funds to it wouldn't work.

Gamestop keeping used botw cheap makes me think nintendo probably will release the botw with expansion included outside of Japan and they're trying to sellout their copies

Gamestop keeping used botw cheap makes me think nintendo probably will release the botw with expansion included outside of Japan and they're trying to sellout their copies
wouldnt they just release it for a cool $90 msrp like the pokemon + expansion

I don't know what the heck is going on with my Gamestop. Decided to double dip the $5 pur this month with an instore pickup. Just wanted a cheap PS5 controller charger so I ordered the Atrix one for $12.99 (with another $5 off of that for thr monthly coupon). Total with tax was $8 and change.

Didn't notice until I got back to work they filled the order with the Sony branded one that is $29.99.

This after getting a fully shrink wrapped and unopened Miles Morales Ultimate (with a sticker that says used) despite paying for the used base Miles Morales.

Maybe I need to buy a pick 6.

Well I had awesome gamestop luck this go around, everything came complete and only one new game came gutted which was FF7R PS5 and the code was not redeemed so I'm overall happy. One used switch game had sharpie marks all over the case but luckily I have some extras lying around.

Anything is possible with Nintendo so I'd say likely we will get

wouldnt they just release it for a cool $90 msrp like the pokemon + expansion
Wouldn't be surprise as they did that a year later with the map or some sort of bundle. They did it also with Mario Odyssey too

The animal crossing game i got delivered today from the warehouse
[attachment=36461:20211203_150737.jpg][attachment=36462:20211203_150750.jpg]

Forgot to mention that I saw these (not sure if new??) hanging at the Gamestop today. You can get cheap Sony headphones with the $100 PS giftcards.

20211203-111625.jpg

are you still able to double dip on the $5 and if so how do you do it?
Add the code to your cart first but don't check out. Use it instead in store for your 1st purchase. The 2nd purchase can be done either online delivery or instore pickup via an online purchase.

As always, ymmv.

No dock included. That's ridiculous
I'm going with "false" on that. You're basing this on a random person from the Q&A on the bundle page. Who based their info by chatting with an infallible rep handling web cs support. Of course this is somewhat on gs from publishing such silly info on the page.

There's no way they could get away (by nintendo, among others) by excluding accessories like the dock.

yea i went today in person and it was just the normal switch oled box with the bundle

they had extras non bundled too

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back