2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw a banner on the website saying $5 off Pro subscription (for current members). Anybody know how long it's been going on or how it works? When I clicked on it it just sent me to my Pro account dashboard.

You can't do it online if you're an active member already. You'd have to go in-store. Today might be the last day. But you can use your points to redeem the Pro certificate for 10k points instead of the usual 15k, and it'll be good until the end of the month. You may or may not get the 10k points welcome gift if you're already a member.

Just redeem 10k points for a coupon if you have that many. The promotion started on Sunday or Monday, so it might end today. To be clear, the coupon has to be used in-store after you redeem your points for it.

You can't do it online if you're an active member already. You'd have to go in-store. Today might be the last day. But you can use your points to redeem the Pro certificate for 10k points instead of the usual 15k, and it'll be good until the end of the month. You may or may not get the 10k points welcome gift if you're already a member.
Thanks for that tip, I don't think they discounted the online coupon last time they did this. Redeemed for 10k and I'll try to go in tomorrow to renew.

B3G2 on preowned games $19.99 or less is live!

Just got these for $61.60 shipped:

PS4 - Resident Evil: Village
PS4 - Control: Ultimate Edition
PS4 - Alan Wake Remastered
PS4 - The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes
PS4 - Doom Eternal

Works out to only $12.32/game! :D

Is price match instore supposed to stack? Or is that ymmv

Nvm it’s pre owned I forgot. Wish it takes two was still $20

Also what’s the return window for used games bought this month?

Grabbed
:Switch: Sekuna of rice and ruin
:Switch: Outer Worlds
:Switch: Vampyr
PS5 - Star wars Jedi Fallen Order
:pS4: Spiderman

Amen. Hope the guy who posted about the $10 extra credit on switch games was correct
he was right about the b3g2 lol

but it is gamestop after all they could do a 180 in 2 days cause nothing is in writing anymore

I'm seeing a lot of break evens, no great flips. Are you guys factoring in the purported upcoming +10 on Switch games?

just the extra 50% thats been running for like 2 months now

they have to keep doing it cause store inventory is wiped

dont think they get too many nutjobs trading in 20 games at a time like us

just the extra 50% thats been running for like 2 months now
they have to keep doing it cause store inventory is wiped
dont think they get too many nutjobs trading in 20 games at a time like us
Wasn’t that set to expire? Or is it still going

Just to make sure -- there's no way to filter for "only stuff actually in stock for shipment" on Gamestop's site, right?

Whenever I try to filter for JUST "in stock" and "condition: pre-owned", I get a TON of "pick up in store" that is unavailable for shipping...

Just to make sure -- there's no way to filter for "only stuff actually in stock for shipment" on Gamestop's site, right?

Whenever I try to filter for JUST "in stock" and "condition: pre-owned", I get a TON of "pick up in store" that is unavailable for shipping...
nope their site is borked so sorting rarely works. And now they took a bunch of genres away from the search feature as well.

Anywho made my order and got an error "Your order could not be displayed at this time." But got the order email so I assume it went through. Sakuna and poison control were already out of stock sadly as for that price I would have been fine picking them up to try. ended up with ffx/x2, kh memory of a melody, cristales, steven universe save the light and crystal crysis.

he was right about the b3g2 lol
but it is gamestop after all they could do a 180 in 2 days cause nothing is in writing anymore
Its in writing in the ad they gave me, but not all the prices are correctly reflected on the website. For example, it has Battlefield 2042 on PS4/XB1 last gen for $40. Online, they're $34. It showed Mario Odyssey in the $20 off games, but its $50 online. I know 2 weeks ago, some online games had different prices than they were in store. I had to pm their website.

Heres pictures I took of the ad. Theyre not very good, and Im not really CAG savvy with photo embed

https://imgur.com/a/Tp3DJ8F

Based on that ad, the $10 bonus is on Switch games with a base value of $15 or more. Is that correct? It’s hard to see the small print when I zoom in.

Based on that ad, the $10 bonus is on Switch games with a base value of $15 or more. Is that correct? It’s hard to see the small print when I zoom in.
Says minimum of $10 in fine print. Sorry for the poor quality. Thats why I didnt post it initially, but since it appears its not 100% reflected on site, I didnt want to be accused of lying. You know how the internet it.

To clarify, is this $10 pro offer just a discounted points/coupon deal I have to redeem before going in, or can I go in and pay $10 cash/credit to renew for a year?

Says minimum of $10 in fine print. Sorry for the poor quality. Thats why I didnt post it initially, but since it appears its not 100% reflected on site, I didnt want to be accused of lying. You know how the internet it.
valhalla and DQ XI are $14.99 now. we will remove you from the stake.

edit: still can't bring myself to buy valhalla

Assassin creed price is now updated but not for pre-owned:(. Is there a way to let's say buy cyberpunk which is only 4.99 used and then do the buy 3 get 2 free with 5 other games? Besides another order of course.

. Is there a way to let's say buy cyberpunk which is only 4.99 used and then do the buy 3 get 2 free with 5 other games? Besides another order of course.
No, as an active bxgx offer in cart will always make the lowest qualifying game free. You could try to do store pickup for cp2077 alone to avoid shipping charges. I imagine most stores have plenty.

The mail I received from GameStop says B3G2 includes Spider-Man Miles Morales. But website still has a price of $30. Hope it does come down to $20

Huh, copying the $5 monthly code from the email does seem to work in being able to use it again. Unfortunately you can’t use it on digital currency so you can’t double dip there.

One good deal with the credit is Sonic Colors Ultimate (Xbox) for $10. That’s not a bad price.

I certainly hope Miles gets knocked down to $20; I've been waiting this whole time.

Huh, copying the $5 monthly code from the email does seem to work in being able to use it again. Unfortunately you can’t use it on digital currency so you can’t double dip there.

One good deal with the credit is Sonic Colors Ultimate (Xbox) for $10. That’s not a bad price.
I copied my code down before and tried to use it now but it wouldn't work, Maybe there's a time limit to doing it since I used my coupon a week ago.

I just bought 2 (PS5) Miles morales

Worked fine

2x Spider-Man
Jedi fallen order
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Resident evil village

All PS5

Total came out to be $60

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back