2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I certainly hope Miles gets knocked down to $20; I've been waiting this whole time.

I copied my code down before and tried to use it now but it wouldn't work, Maybe there's a time limit to doing it since I used my coupon a week ago.
There is no time limit. I used mine online 2 weeks after using in-store. You need to use the code that came in the email.

I just bought 2 (PS5) Miles morales

Worked fine

2x Spider-Man
Jedi fallen order
Assassins Creed Valhalla
Resident evil village

All PS5

Total came out to be $60
Considering assassin's creed Valhalla is $54.99 used for PS5, Star wars Jedi fallen order is sold out used for PS5 and Miles Morales is $28 used for PS5, I don't believe you.

Huh, copying the $5 monthly code from the email does seem to work in being able to use it again. Unfortunately you can’t use it on digital currency so you can’t double dip there.
You can use it on DLC/digital game codes though. I just picked up Forza Horizon 4 digital for $10 after coupon as (like all forza games it will be eventually removed from GPU)

Considering assassin's creed Valhalla is $54.99 used for PS5, Star wars Jedi fallen order is sold out used for PS5 and Miles Morales is $28 used for PS5, I don't believe you.

Not the OP but Valhalla is under $20 for xbox
and Fallen Order just went OOS, it was available earlier. others have reported Miles Morales working as well.

"Coupon cannot be added to your cart."
Just regular preowned items in cart with no other promotions applied. But funny enough, I just tried it again, exact same code, and it worked. This system is just weird as fuck.

Going to run to gamestop with my pile of switch games and see if I can get the $10 promo and the 50% bonus to stack. I'm friendly with the workers and used to work there also so we shall see. I'll update the thread when i'm back. Good luck CAGboys!

Going to run to gamestop with my pile of switch games and see if I can get the $10 promo and the 50% bonus to stack. I'm friendly with the workers and used to work there also so we shall see. I'll update the thread when i'm back. Good luck CAGboys!
they won’t but that’d been nice.

Let us know since I have a couple of Switch games to trade myself!

MS has the Far Cry 5 season pass on sale for $14.99 and I tried price matching with 2 different people online but was told both times that GS doesn't PM sales items. That is an odd policy for sure. Is GS the only retailer that does this? Isn't PM all about other places having the lower price on sale? I was told that GS only PM normal prices by the online people.

So for the Switch games, it should apply the extra $10 but for the non-Switch games, it should apply the 50%. Got it.
technically it should, and any switch games that are over $20 should get the 50% because it is better than the $10. though has anyone confirmed the 50% is still live?

Frequently it doesnt even like to stack promos like that.  If your gross total ends up being more with the 50% boost than the $10 bonus you would get for a few titles, it ends up doing the 50% on everything, in which case it's better to trade the switch things seperately.  That being said it shouldn't matter since 50% should be over.

Frequently it doesnt even like to stack promos like that. If your gross total ends up being more with the 50% boost than the $10 bonus you would get for a few titles, it ends up doing the 50% on everything, in which case it's better to trade the switch things seperately. That being said it shouldn't matter since 50% should be over.
Why was everyone saying it would go onto the 14th? Did some printed ad say that?

usually the POS gives the best promo, but I have heard reports prior of this not working right either.
Yup it's a mess. Occasionally unintentionally promos stack other times they don't and others they cancel each other out and nothing works. Gs computer system is a dumpster fire.

Is there a limit to the Switch game bump? Just tried trading and it didn't go through on all the games except one

EDIT: I'm a dumbass. The minimum value is $10. No wonder.

How do you trigger the $5 monthly promo code? I added it under promo and it's telling me there are no qualifying offers in the cart for this promotion. I used it in store once already but have not online yet. I am trying to buy the Far Cry 5 season pass and got that message so added a game for store pickup and same message.

Okay I think I see what is happening now. It's not recognizing the season pass and the game I added was $0.99. I added a $10 game and it showed up. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back