2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I googled it and I think you need to have a physical item over $5 for it to trigger. It doesn't like digital items even though you can buy digital in store with the coupon.
It wouldn't do eShop currency for me, but I was able to double dip and apply it (same day as I used it in store on eShop currency) to by a DLC. So it doesn't seem to be limited to physical, maybe just not online purchase of game credit.

Also, for that $10 extra on Switch thing. So if the base value is $10 or higher, you'll get $10 extra on the game? For example, Octopath Traveler is $18 and change, so I'd get $28 and change in TIV for that?

It wouldn't do eShop currency for me, but I was able to double dip and apply it (same day as I used it in store on eShop currency) to by a DLC. So it doesn't seem to be limited to physical, maybe just not online purchase of game credit.

Also, for that $10 extra on Switch thing. So if the base value is $10 or higher, you'll get $10 on the game? For example, Octopath Traveler is $18 and change, so I'd get $28 and change in TIV for that?
you only want $28 for octopath?

I bought it on a whim for $5 Walmart clearance and kinda hated it, so I have no idea what the going rate for it used would be. I do know I don't have a desire to go through the whole eBay shenanigans with it.
I feel that. I dumped some games recently just bc I've gotten 3-4 return requests from eBay lately for bogus reasons/scams. Not video games, but by the time you do fees + shipping, you'd be lucky to break even on there too.

Red Dead 2 showing 28 in cart now even though it still shows as part of the deal.  Guess that's what get for not pulling the trigger earlier

GameStop seems to be getting better at nuking trade values when games go on promo to stop short term boomerangs

Spider-Man Miles Morales Preowned PS5 is $19.99.

Uncharted 4 is $4.99 Preowned, it can be upgraded to PS5 definitive edition for $10.

I tried to return 1 game today from the Buy2get1 used promo from Black Friday and they straight up denied the return in store. They looked at the online invoice receipt and told me to bring back the other game along with $0 value game together for the refund.

Do they typically do this? How does Gamestop.com handle this if you ship back part of the order, but don't send back the other 2 titles from the promo?

I tried to return 1 game today from the Buy2get1 used promo from Black Friday and they straight up denied the return in store. They looked at the online invoice receipt and told me to bring back the other game along with $0 value game together for the refund.

Do they typically do this? How does Gamestop.com handle this if you ship back part of the order, but don't send back the other 2 titles from the promo?
gs doesn't prorate the titles so that sounds about right.

try another store

basic policy for GS is return everything and then charge you for the items you keep, they dont prorate, you just lose the deal.

basic policy for GS is return everything and then charge you for the items you keep, they dont prorate, you just lose the deal.
What if you bought 4 games during the B2G1, but you wanted to return one of them (not the free one), how would they handle that?

What if you bought 4 games during the B2G1, but you wanted to return one of them (not the free one), how would they handle that?
If you still had 4 preowned games but the return would change the order of which is the cheapest? return all 4 and resell the 3, manually marking down the cheapest to free typically as a 1 time courtesy. That's if they wanted to do all that work though, most times as long as you still have 3 they'll just be lazy and not stress the couple bucks.

Are there any sort of ordering velocity limits on the website? (i.e. can only place 2 orders in 24 hours or something along those lines?)

Anybody ever had any luck getting a damaged game box replaced by gamestop? they messaged me saying they can submit a form but there's no guarantee, trying to get smtv steelbook if they send me a regular smtv box I wouldn't care because of how dented up the steelbook is

Are there any sort of ordering velocity limits on the website? (i.e. can only place 2 orders in 24 hours or something along those lines?)
I've never encountered any. If you're using gift cards or trade credit, you should wait a few mins before placing a second order with the same gift card or trade credit so the new value is reflected.

Not that I've seen... I know that many of us here will put in MULTIPLE orders during B2G1s and other deals like that.
Gotcha. Trying to put in a third order, but keep getting the "Oops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895" message. I've been using gift cards on all of the orders thus far. ::shrug::

Spider-Man Miles Morales Preowned PS5 is $19.99.

Uncharted 4 is $4.99 Preowned, it can be upgraded to PS5 definitive edition for $10.
It was also a PS Plus game last year, but unfortunately it doesn't look like that makes us eligible LOL I think I have a disc copy somewhere. They apparently delisted the stand-alone PS4 versions to stop new people from getting one cheap for the upgrade.

https://kotaku.com/uncharted-legacy-of-thieves-comes-with-a-free-ticket-f-1848173096

Gotcha. Trying to put in a third order, but keep getting the "Oops! We can't process your payment. Please select a different payment method or contact Customer Care at 1-800-883-8895" message. I've been using gift cards on all of the orders thus far. ::shrug::
In my experience, I think Gamestop might be putting some sort of limit on orders being paid entirely by gift cards. Sometimes I had to wait almost a full day before I can place another order paid all in full with my trade credit.

Ahh if that's the case then it could just be their system not wanting to process the gift card as I ran into that problem last year. It wouldn't let me use a gift card for the web store and I had to use it in a physical store.

There are velocity limits but how they are calculated is extremely unclear. Sometimes it seems like certain items trigger it, other times it's payment methods, other times it seems totally random.

I made an order of 4 games during cyber week and one of the games in question was It Takes Two going for 19.99. 1 of the games was sent separate from the rest so today I received the remaining 3 however I was taken aback when I open the package where I saw 4 games as opposed to 3.  It appears a mistake was made and Gamestop gave me 2 copies of It Takes Two which I find hilarious. They seem to have taken the names title to heart

I made an order of 4 games during cyber week and one of the games in question was It Takes Two going for 19.99. 1 of the games was sent separate from the rest so today I received the remaining 3 however I was taken aback when I open the package where I saw 4 games as opposed to 3. It appears a mistake was made and Gamestop gave me 2 copies of It Takes Two which I find hilarious. They seem to have taken the names title to heart
Imagine if you had ordered XIII

I should also add that thankfully all games came sealed except for Man of Medan however in this case its fine since this was one of those cases where the new price was lower than the new price so essentially, I got the game used but with the lower new price. Doesnt make it any better that they do this but it's fine in this situation I suppose 

I made an order of 4 games during cyber week and one of the games in question was It Takes Two going for 19.99. 1 of the games was sent separate from the rest so today I received the remaining 3 however I was taken aback when I open the package where I saw 4 games as opposed to 3. It appears a mistake was made and Gamestop gave me 2 copies of It Takes Two which I find hilarious. They seem to have taken the names title to heart
I had that happen twice in the last month. Both with orders that had an item "Awaiting product availability" where when the item came back in stock they shipped me a duplicate item on the order just because? Can't complain!

Anybody ever had any luck getting a damaged game box replaced by gamestop? they messaged me saying they can submit a form but there's no guarantee, trying to get smtv steelbook if they send me a regular smtv box I wouldn't care because of how dented up the steelbook is
Your best bet would be to go in store and ask nicely. I did that a few times for the Persona 5 Royal SB when I was flipping those around.

I'd try another store or just start a return on the website. It should let you return partial items and provide a free return label. Just need to wait for that unmarked gift card that they send weeks later. I did that with some retro games I didn't feel like arguing in-store about condition, and it worked out fine web-return-wise.

I should also add that thankfully all games came sealed except for Man of Medan however in this case its fine since this was one of those cases where the new price was lower than the new price so essentially, I got the game used but with the lower new price. Doesnt make it any better that they do this but it's fine in this situation I suppose
What-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

I bought Man of Medan for Xbox One brand new for $12.97 but when it came to me, it was not sealed so it was not new however because I paid less than the pre-owned price they had at $14.99, it was a win for me. It sucks that they do this in the first place, but I'll take the lower price in this case

I don't but it's super weird that the charge is $299.99. Even if they were charging me for one console they aren't charging taxes? Gonna give it a few days and see what happens
So I got a shipping email but the charge disappeared from my CC, this is super weird. Anyone else that ordered get any updates on theirs? Emails says they shipped 2 Xbox Series S but wonder what will actually get delivered.

So I got a shipping email but the charge disappeared from my CC, this is super weird. Anyone else that ordered get any updates on theirs? Emails says they shipped 2 Xbox Series S but wonder what will actually get delivered.
if you read neogaf, some people got $299.99 charges after they received the systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back