2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
is that what you're seeing on the site or in store? It was mentioned a few pages back that there are 2 skus showing up on the site but the store values were consistent with PS4/XB. Some people were successful getting an in-store price match, but it's very YMMV.

Anyone know what v1 switches are trading in at? Online shows 220 but I just called a store and they guy told me 200...

So what would they have done if you used a gift card with just enough for the order, and you didn't have a credit card tied to the account/order?
this was kind of my situation; the purchase was eventually refunded to the card after my order was cancelled, but then I received both consoles anyway about a week apart, and received an email every day for a week that they had an issue processing my payment (even after I traded in a ps4 pro onto that card, on top of the refunded balance). not sure if contacting customer support multiple times had anything to do with the whole series of events, but that is how it played out for me

Edit: this was meant to be a quote reply but I messed that up apparently)

So far I got the Xbox series S fortnight edition thats sitting at my house unopened. Still no cc charge. I got the cc hold on it, got two shipping emails, but one was canceled. Then the order showed it was canceled and the cc hold dissappeared.

And so far no follow up since then. So far looking good and super lucky (hopefully didn't jinx it lol)

Edit: this was meant to be a quote reply but I messed that up apparently)

So far I got the Xbox series S fortnight edition thats sitting at my house unopened. Still no cc charge. I got the cc hold on it, got two shipping emails, but one was canceled. Then the order showed it was canceled and the cc hold dissappeared.

And so far no follow up since then. So far looking good and super lucky (hopefully didn't jinx it lol)
My exact situation but hold is still there for me.

haha email I just got from gamestop says they are sending me 5 copies of colds steel 3. 2 in one order and 3 in the other. too bad they didn't send me 19 farming simulator 19's :p.   Oh gamestop never change. 

Is anyone here familiar with Venmo or Zelle? I always thought you can get scammed on those apps but on offerup, I am seeing more and more Venmo or Zelle only posts from people selling things. I have been asked from my ads if I except Venmo and I always tell them cash only. What am I missing here?

Is anyone here familiar with Venmo or Zelle? I always thought you can get scammed on those apps but on offerup, I am seeing more and more Venmo or Zelle only posts from people selling things. I have been asked from my ads if I except Venmo and I always tell them cash only. What am I missing here?
I’d only accept zelle payments as to people can’t chargeback for them. A lot of people scam with venmo/cashapp with chargebacks.

Once had someone send me money on Venmo. It was in my Venmo account. And then it was somehow taken out. I knew it was a scam so didn’t matter, but shows it’s possible for money to be taken out even if it already looks like it’s there.

Do with that what you wish lol

I’d only accept zelle payments as to people can’t chargeback for them. A lot of people scam with venmo/cashapp with chargebacks.

Once had someone send me money on Venmo. It was in my Venmo account. And then it was somehow taken out. I knew it was a scam so didn’t matter, but shows it’s possible for money to be taken out even if it already looks like it’s there.

Do with that what you wish lol
Okay but I am curious why the SELLER would only accept Venmo or Zelle if it's easy to get scammed by the buyer.

What games did you trade?

I’m wondering if it’s the same list Switchtrade12121 that was active the last week of October.
Disgaea 5 Complete: $24.30
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age: $21
Final Fantasy X/X-2: $18.80
Super Mario Party: $30.90
Super Mario Maker 2: $36.40
Dragon Quest XI: Definitive Edition: $24.30

Not sure why FFX/X-2 prompted the boost, but I'm not complaining.

Went home and used the boosted credit to rebuy several of these with the B3G2 sale and got Ghost of Tsushima for free. 🙂

The seller could also be a scammer
Interesting. How would that work? A lot of the sellers have a lot of positive reviews. Are they selling stolen goods? Busted stuff? Only taking digital payment because??? How would it be any different from just taking cash from people? If a lot of people are using Venmo and Zelle and it's all good, I am missing out on selling stuff is what I am getting at. If this is the future, I should probably get with the times.

Interesting. How would that work? A lot of the sellers have a lot of positive reviews. Are they selling stolen goods? Busted stuff? Only taking digital payment because??? How would it be any different from just taking cash from people? If a lot of people are using Venmo and Zelle and it's all good, I am missing out on selling stuff is what I am getting at. If this is the future, I should probably get with the times.
Seller could easily be scamming if they are shipping the item. If you’re paying him in Venmo or Zelle, and picking up in person then there isn’t really any risk of scam

I have taken Venmo a few times. Always just initiate a transfer to my bank right then and there and don't leave it in my digital wallet. Never had any issue, but not saying it can't happen. In my area all the vendors and local Saturday markets all take Venmo so I don't think scamming is as wide spread as it is made out to be. Just check ratings on offer up, if they have zero stars and an account created this month then make sure to do cash only. If they have a ton of ratings and seem legit I wouldn't risk losing the sale because they want to pay with Venmo. I've paid with Venmo before too, most sellers prefer it because they don't want to handle money during covid, go to the bank, risk getting fake money, etc.

https://help.venmo.com/hc/en-us/articles/235171088-Cancel-Payment

It was reported that it was supposed to end on the 11th. This was the post that reported otherwise.
Yeah I went in to 4 gamestops after the fact, 3 had flyers that said the 11th, and one had flyers saying the 15th. I’m guessing those were just ones the store printed themselves some how and just had the day wrong, unless they’re some how allowed to do their own promo.

I'm heading back to Illinois for the holidays and I was thinking of picking up a Series S with my credit to get it tax free (if that is still the case). The Fortnite/Rocket League bundle doesn't come with a code for that DLC it seems, but is tied to the system at start up which makes selling the code a bit tricky.

I used my points for the PUR renewal while it's still on sale, but I haven't gotten any points from it yet. Hopefully they show up soon, because if not then you're actually coming out behind compared to the normal offer.

I tried to trade in Olympics 2020 (NWS) last night but it did not trigger the $10 bonus even thought the base TIV is $11.

The most I could get was $12.10 so I declined to trade it in. 

The +$x promos in the past have had similar issues. They have a set number of titles that are identified as eligible around the time the promotion is created in the system. Afterward, the same titles remain eligible/ineligible for the bonus with no regard for any value changes that may have happened during the duration of the promo.

The +$x promos in the past have had similar issues. They have a set number of titles that are identified as eligible around the time the promotion is created in the system. Afterward, the same titles remain eligible/ineligible for the bonus with no regard for any value changes that may have happened during the duration of the promo.
Here is the link to the previous promo to see what games qualified in the past. Not sure if it will help now.

https://www.gamestop.com/trade/?q=mwt12121

so supposedly 32 TIC for some of the 27 dollar pre black friday games, anyone trading them in to cash in for the 5 bucks or everyone is holding?

so supposedly 32 TIC for some of the 27 dollar pre black friday games, anyone trading them in to cash in for the 5 bucks or everyone is holding?
I would not trade them in unless you need to. The same games were trading in for $40+ before Black Friday. I’d just give it some time.

I'm holding on, there's nothing out that I either don't have or that I want so I'm holding out until the next bump which is looking like next month sometime at this point

I'm holding on. I got some duplicates when I ordered new copies online but B2G1 was still going on instore. I traded in Splatoon 2 since it was $38 last week after 50% extra. The trade in values will probably reach high $20s to low $30s base, giving upto mid $40s when its 50% extra.

I sold all but 1 copy of BotW on Amazon. The prices jumped on all of them (especially Kirby) after Amazon sold through its discounted stock that week.

I used my points for the PUR renewal while it's still on sale, but I haven't gotten any points from it yet. Hopefully they show up soon, because if not then you're actually coming out behind compared to the normal offer.
The 10,000 points kicked in about an hour ago. So if anyone has the points to spare, this is the perfect time to renew. Costs 10,000 points which you get right back. I'm gonna stock up on a few years.

God I hate cases that look like they’re about to explode. I don’t get how some game cases are just popping out on the front. Putting something heavy on it doesn’t fix it either

God I hate cases that look like they’re about to explode. I don’t get how some game cases are just popping out on the front. Putting something heavy on it doesn’t fix it either
I think it's the cheap plastics they use now for cases that warp easily from heat, pressure, or some other stressor. I notice the expanding out phenomenon mostly on PS4 cases since they seem to be the flimsiest.

Are there any games that still have the 30% trade in boost? I'm going to trade in some Switch games in the morning and if they don't get the $10 bonus, I'd rather just dump them now instead of waiting for the next 50% or +5 promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back