2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10,000 points kicked in about an hour ago. So if anyone has the points to spare, this is the perfect time to renew. Costs 10,000 points which you get right back. I'm gonna stock up on a few years.
So you get 10,000 from renewing using 10,000? Do you just redeem the 10,000 point reward pro renewal on the GS Rewards tab and go in store? I can head over tomorrow to renew.

It's the PUR renewal reward that you have to use points on. It normally costs 15,000 points but at the moment it's only 10,000. You purchase the reward, then you have to go to a store to redeem it.

It's the PUR renewal reward that you have to use points on. It normally costs 15,000 points but at the moment it's only 10,000. You purchase the reward, then you have to go to a store to redeem it.
So you gotta purchase a $10 voucher and then use that voucher in the store for PUR? I ask because last time they had this promo, I went to the store and asked to renew with points and they still charged me 15000 points. They said it’s only $10 if you pay with cash/credit

So you gotta purchase a $10 voucher and then use that voucher in the store for PUR? I ask because last time they had this promo, I went to the store and asked to renew with points and they still charged me 15000 points. They said it’s only $10 if you pay with cash/credit
no, he said he redeemed the 1 year PUR reward which is on sale for 10k points

Gamestop added 10,000 points to my account because how dented smtv steelbook was which would be cool if every time I try to redeem a promo code online it's unable to add it to my purchase

Got 3 of the 5 games from the B3G2 in this morning. They are in decent shape, with original cases (good), look to have shipped from the TX warehouse (good again) and only have the back sticker on them (also good), but they have those clear "GS New" circle stickers on all 3 cases (not so good). Wouldn't that make them "New" copies in GS' eyes then, not pre-owned???

Not sure why I'm asking this out loud (cause GS is gonna GS), but was curious if anyone else has received games like this in the mail recently?

Got 3 of the 5 games from the B3G2 in this morning. They are in decent shape, with original cases (good), look to have shipped from the TX warehouse (good again) and only have the back sticker on them (also good), but they have those clear "GS New" circle stickers on all 3 cases (not so good). Wouldn't that make them "New" copies in GS' eyes then, not pre-owned???

Not sure why I'm asking this out loud (cause GS is gonna GS), but was curious if anyone else has received games like this in the mail recently?
They're probably filling with whatever they have. A bunch of people posted that they got sealed new stuff on the last used B2G1.

Occasionally they convert new to used so whatever condition it is in it's left as or occasionally they unseal them. Technically it's gamestop "new" though yes.

This doesn't apply to reprints though normally as they send them through those terrible opening machines that shred the crap out of the game cases. So far the only reprint to not have that happen was 13 sentinels aegis rim. As all the others did. cold steel 3, fist of the north star, gravity rush off the top of my head.

Looks like they lowered a bunch of prices overnight, including putting Shovel Knight back at $18.99 and making Blue Fire pre-owned $19.99 so it qualifies for B3G2. Just putting that out there because I beat Blue Fire recently and thought it was fun and definitely worth ~$12.

I've only gotten one game in so far. Came from a store locally, didn't have the "new" circle sticker but did have a new price tag sticker on the front. It appeared to be one of their gutted new copies and not used. Would be nice if they started converting these opened new copies to used and sold them the way they should be.

they won't because they aren't used.  gamestop sells new and pre-owned, not new and used.  it's not been owned before

they won't because they aren't used. gamestop sells new and pre-owned, not new and used. it's not been owned before
I can only imagine this is the mental gymnastics that goes through Gamestop employees head when they sell you a "new" game that is just in a yellow sleeve with no case included. Not to mention they likely played that game (let's not forget that Gamestop employees can take new games home, play it, and still sell it as new). Gamestop, so funny. Can you imagine returning a "new" game (that you opened) to Gamestop and saying "I never played it, it's pre-owned, not used". Funny times Gamestop.

That's because Rabbid Mario TIV is only $7.70. The minimum is $10 TIV.
The theory that people were throwing out is that there's a predefined list of games included in the promo and it doesn't change based on TIV. FF X/X-2 is at $8 TIV but it gets the boost.

He asked if it was confirmed that the switchtrade12121 list is the list of games that works for this promo, so I was just saying the user that tried yesterday reported M+R didn't work even though it's in this list.

The theory that people were throwing out is that there's a predefined list of games included in the promo and it doesn't change based on TIV. FF X/X-2 is at $8 TIV but it gets the boost.

He asked if it was confirmed that the switchtrade12121 list is the list of games that works for this promo, so I was just saying the user that tried yesterday reported M+R didn't work even though it's in this list.
My bad, sorry I didn't know that FFX/X-2 worked. I saw the list yesterday and some of my games are also on it.

they won't because they aren't used. gamestop sells new and pre-owned, not new and used. it's not been owned before
Even on the technicality of having not been "played" (which isn't always the case) used definitely still fits the opened definition due to any wear and tear after they opened and handled it. At least to me. Thus why everyone else calls their crap "gamestop new" since they don't follow the same example every other retailer in the world uses.

Balan Wonderworld was also getting 18.80 according to a post in the walmart thread. Not on the list as well.

I can only imagine this is the mental gymnastics that goes through Gamestop employees head when they sell you a "new" game that is just in a yellow sleeve with no case included. Not to mention they likely played that game (let's not forget that Gamestop employees can take new games home, play it, and still sell it as new). Gamestop, so funny. Can you imagine returning a "new" game (that you opened) to Gamestop and saying "I never played it, it's pre-owned, not used". Funny times Gamestop.
That should never happen, that's not the policy, new does require original case and all inserts or it DOES get a markdown. Gamestop return policy still allows returned the same as every other retailer as long as it's sealed via any of their sealing methods. Store shouldn't have shipped it not sealed in some fashion either though.

That should never happen, that's not the policy, new does require original case and all inserts or it DOES get a markdown. Gamestop return policy still allows returned the same as every other retailer as long as it's sealed via any of their sealing methods. Store shouldn't have shipped it not sealed in some fashion either though.
Not sure if serious...

Have my reward points set to stockpile but it looks like my account automatically redeemed two certificates, has this happened to anyone else?

How well do online certificates work? Debating redeeming $5 worth to use on gears 5. Should I have any issues with this ?

How well do online certificates work? Debating redeeming $5 worth to use on gears 5. Should I have any issues with this ?

Case in point. That guy is a Gamestop employee. And an unreliable one at that, given how often he's posting in here.

Won't work. Cert can't be over the cost of the game when checking out online. Just save to use it instore instead.

Why on earth do you think anyone at Gamestop follows official policy? Policy at the same store varies between employees let alone between stores, districts, etc.

I think you are attempting to help but you come across oddly sometimes. Like you hold yourself to a standard which is great but you aren't realistic about the fact the company as a whole does not.

Why on earth do you think anyone at Gamestop follows official policy? Policy at the same store varies between employees let alone between stores, districts, etc.

I think you are attempting to help but you come across oddly sometimes. Like you hold yourself to a standard which is great but you aren't realistic about the fact the company as a whole does not.
More confused why people keep shopping there if they aren't happy with the shit standards they seem to get. It'll never change, most people don't care and keep buying the junk anyways. If a store is breaking policy that's on the person/store, not the brand. I'm not gonna bitch about something that isn't going to change, I just don't spend my money there because buying it that's exactly what you'll get. I don't buy "gutted" games either, but on low print or last copies, that's what you're gonna get. I know that.

Technically you are right new games should be in white sleeves. In all seriousness, this just happened to me. I bought a new game and it came without the case, just the outer box and disc in a white sleeve. I got a refund because they did not have any more, but still absurd. I get that things go missing, but why would you fulfill the order?

Technically you are right new games should be in white sleeves. In all seriousness, this just happened to me. I bought a new game and it came without the case, just the outer box and disc in a white sleeve. I got a refund because they did not have any more, but still absurd. I get that things go missing, but why would you fulfill the order?
Because fuck em that’s why!

izembo said the store gets some sort of negative "ding" or whatever if they dont fulfill the order

so they fulfill it and let the refund people deal with it

100% that is correct.  And that's part of the problem, there's no accountability at the store level for improperly filling an order either.  It's viewed as better to fill every order by their bosses, regardless if it's correct.

... If a store is breaking policy that's on the person/store, not the brand...
What corporate speak. This is so tone deaf. It's on the "brand" to keep up their standards across the board. It just so happened that GameStop's "brand" is inconsistency which makes all of what they're doing on brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back