2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is now a good time to trade in Bravely Default II - Nintendo Switch with TIV $28.70? Anyone know the if it traded in at a higher value in the past. Not sure if to wait for a higher value or if this is the best.

Right, but that's against their policy, twofold. they aren't supposed to stack price match with any promotions, and no stacking price match with coupons either. so not everyone is going to get a store that will do that.

the coupon will stack on it's own with the b3g2 deal though yes, as long as the 2 cheapest items have to be $10 or more cheaper than the most expensive item in the deal.
It worked in-store for me automatically last month. The rewards came up on the POS, and they asked me if I wanted to use them. All 3 games were the same price. I used a $25 and it made 1 free and 1 $1.99.

https://imgur.com/a/qjYQVMg

You can't run a business selling used games and consoles online without storefronts to acquire used products as trade-ins.

Losing the brick and mortar locations forces shipping used products for trade-in, which will discourage a lot of trades from happening.

Many of us might gamble with online trade in, but you'd lose all the parents who want the convenience of just dumping their kids crap at the store to buy them new crap. I've been in store on multiple occasions where some parent is just trading in their kids old stuff with no concept of what anything is worth and clearly doesn't care.

Anyway, can't sell used stuff online without a supply of used stuff. Seems obvious to me.
I didn’t say they had a good strategy. Frankly I think GameStop as a company is fucking terrible. But the stock price lives in a separate universe so 🤷🏻‍♂️

Has anyone been able to use the CS number lately? I've tried calling at 5-6pm EST, after 7pm EST, and now 11am-12pm EST and I just keep getting the hold music and incessant prompt to schedule a callback I never receive. I find it hard to believe they're really that busy all day.

Has anyone been able to use the CS number lately? I've tried calling at 5-6pm EST, after 7pm EST, and now 11am-12pm EST and I just keep getting the hold music and incessant prompt to schedule a callback I never receive. I find it hard to believe they're really that busy all day.
I usually get the callback within 20-30 minutes. I've called somewhere around 4-6PM EST, and sometime after 7PM

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is $10 pre-owned
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is $15/14 N/PO
No Man's Sky is $9 pre-owned
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is $15 PO
All on PS4

Well that’s their big brain idea: move to online. That’s why they hired the chewy guy. Now I’m skeptical because I haven’t seen how their online selling is getting any better. And it seems like he’s just another empty suit.

I’m in the stock as a pure meme stock. The company is awfully run. But stockholders might get lucky with a moass.
nah, the earnings calls every quarter gonna keep killing the stock value until it returns to a normal value. the time to meme stock profit has passed, the people holding are gonna be in full loss territory. Honestly all history points to him getting lucky with Chewy filling a market need that wasn't addressed, "being the Amazon of gaming" isn't needed because it's already a thing. It's called Amazon. There's a whole list of things that need done to modernize the company but nobody will do those kind of expenses because they'll look bad for the next quarter of earnings so it's just make the numbers look as good as possible while the company bleeds out.

Chat has been so much more helpful in the last few months I can't imagine ever wanting to call again.

nah, the earnings calls every quarter gonna keep killing the stock value until it returns to a normal value. the time to meme stock profit has passed, the people holding are gonna be in full loss territory. Honestly all history points to him getting lucky with Chewy filling a market need that wasn't addressed, "being the Amazon of gaming" isn't needed because it's already a thing. It's called Amazon. There's a whole list of things that need done to modernize the company but nobody will do those kind of expenses because they'll look bad for the next quarter of earnings so it's just make the numbers look as good as possible while the company bleeds out.
GME is being shorted and a cult like fanbase has emerged around it's stock. Those dudes are going to keep the stock propped up until it squeezes or they die.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey is $10 pre-owned
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is $15/14 N/PO
No Man's Sky is $9 pre-owned
Call of Duty Modern Warfare is $15 PO
All on PS4
Is that no man's sky the psvr version too or do you have to buy a separate psvr no man's sky?

Never mind. Reddit says that yes you get the psvr version with a free update! I'm going to buy it.

Is that no man's sky the psvr version too or do you have to buy a separate psvr no man's sky?

Never mind. Reddit says that yes you get the psvr version with a free update! I'm going to buy it.
Works very well on the PS5 also. Loading times are terrific on there. I have the disc based version that I bought when the game released and the PS5/VR stuff works very well.

GME is being shorted and a cult like fanbase has emerged around it's stock. Those dudes are going to keep the stock propped up until it squeezes or they die.
100%. It’s turned into a cult. And cultists aren’t rational. That’s why I’m saying the stock is divorced from reality and lives in its separate universe.

I’ve got xx shares. If it goes to $0, so what. I already counted that cash out. I recognize the risks.

And while I’m just one person that’s the thinking of most of superstonk cult if not more so. And they’re fucking insane.

Even without the cult, Gamestop balance sheet is still healthy. This was even the case last year before the dramatic stock price increase. They are no way scrapping or bleeding by. Their balance sheet looks even better than last year.

Even without the cult, Gamestop balance sheet is still healthy. This was even the case last year before the dramatic stock price increase. They are no way scrapping or bleeding by.
With how low they are pricing a bunch of things this year, to include the crazy deals on trade-ins (to include some games that had TIV higher than sale price), I don't see how they turned much of a profit.

I know for a fact that I stacked multiple deals to turn about $180 cash into $270 worth of digital currency, so losing $90 on funny money cannot be that profitable for them.

Perhaps they are making a killer on the filler (tshirts, funkos), but games cannot be doing that well?

With how low they are pricing a bunch of things this year, to include the crazy deals on trade-ins (to include some games that had TIV higher than sale price), I don't see how they turned much of a profit.

I know for a fact that I stacked multiple deals to turn about $180 cash into $270 worth of digital currency, so losing $90 on funny money cannot be that profitable for them.

Perhaps they are making a killer on the filler (tshirts, funkos), but games cannot be doing that well?
Were not the typical consumer. People are going into GameStop buying $54.99 copies of used Pokémon because hey it saves $5. Or paying $25 for Mario + Rabbids because every other game is $50+ so this must be a good deal!

Were not the typical consumer. People are going into GameStop buying $54.99 copies of used Pokémon because hey it saves $5. Or paying $25 for Mario + Rabbids because every other game is $50+ so this must be a good deal!
It's true, but their sales have been pretty bonkers lately, like the $27 new first party Nintendo Switch titles. There was no way they weren't being pantsed on that one.

I think it's likely a hedge fund style pump and dump; they're trying to increase traffic, along with meme stock status, to look for a sale and/or golden parachute after it falls in.

I, personally, wouldn't carry a balance of credit you aren't ready to spend...

How long is this sale going to last? Do they typically last a day or rest of the week?
9bf9e364-b592-4ccd-8cc7-3f300ba494a8_text.gif

I see lol.

I see theres free same day delivery for my order, has anyone tried this before?

Only reason why im hesitant to do it this way, is that does that mean the game comes from the store? Because i know gamestop stores loves to sell "new" copies but the seal is broken, and has stickers on it. Id do free standard shipping if it means i get my games sealed. Always get games shipped sealed when i buy online.

I see lol.

I see theres free same day delivery for my order, has anyone tried this before?

Only reason why im hesitant to do it this way, is that does that mean the game comes from the store? Because i know gamestop stores loves to sell "new" copies but the seal is broken, and has stickers on it. Id do free standard shipping if it means i get my games sealed. Always get games shipped sealed when i buy online.
See post above yours.

I think it depends on how long ago it was released. I used same day delivery when they had a promo and got a sealed copy on a game that was recently released.

See post above yours.

I think it depends on how long ago it was released. I used same day delivery when they had a promo and got a sealed copy on a game that was recently released.
Thanks lol.

I'll just do standard delivery to be safe lol. .

I gotta say, I hadnt follow Gamestop or gaming deals in general this year much since Black Friday but Gamestop has been having the best deals. Big turnaround from a few years ago

And I didnt realize their pro membership was free money.

Though getting to the free shipping threshold is a bitch

That's how they've been for 10+ years. Just go back and look at all the Gamestop threads. It's not new.

Remember JP's threads with the trade-in values reported by people?

Was excited to have something to use my online monthly $5 on but it looks like there's a $3 coupon built-in as part of the sale. Dumb. Would it be the same in store?
No, you can use the monthly $5 just fine in-store. Mass Effect rang up $16.99 automatically for me today and the coupon dropped it down to $11.99.

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:36497]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:36496]

Look what I found today on shelf at my local store! Label says it was traded in 12/5. It came with the bonus disc and the poster!

That's a beauty. I didn't know that's what it looked like inside and still have one sealed. It's not even the final revision, which is only a couple of bucks when it's discounted.

Got my Fortnite Series S bundle but also got a $299.99 charge again :/
Guess I'll be returning it...
Ouch that sucks. So far I'm still holding on with no charge, but I'm waiting till after Xmas to open it if I get a mystery charge. I'll be out of town for like 2 weeks so will be easy to wait and see

Lately when I’ve tried to place a same-day delivery order, I get an error stating that my order/payment could not be processed. If I select store pickup for the same item and payment, the order goes through. Has this happened to anyone else?

I renewed my pro membership last night cuz of the 5 dollars off offer online and was wondering if anyone knew how long does it take to receive the 10,000 point reward one gets for joining

I renewed my pro membership last night cuz of the 5 dollars off offer online and was wondering if anyone knew how long does it take to receive the 10,000 point reward one gets for joining
When I did it a few months ago, points were added the next day at around the 24 hour mark. You should see them soon.

yeah, the points should be within 24-72 "business" hours.  so don't count weekends or holidays and it takes longer sometimes this time of year for anything with their old backlogged systems.  if it's been a week and nothing has shown though for sure just call customer service. 

So in my latest order, I bought Spiderman Miles Morales for PS5 since pre-owned its going for 19.99 which is the lowest I've seen and I've wanted it for sometime. I just got my order and all the games came complete except for MM. I wasn't expecting a game this recent to come in a generic GS case but here we are. Also doesn't help that there are finger prints on the disc. Would it worth the gamble to buy another copy and hope that it comes with the actual case? Obviously I'm going to return what I have now but I wanted to get a second opinion

So in my latest order, I bought Spiderman Miles Morales for PS5 since pre-owned its going for 19.99 which is the lowest I've seen and I've wanted it for sometime. I just got my order and all the games came complete except for MM. I wasn't expecting a game this recent to come in a generic GS case but here we are. Also doesn't help that there are finger prints on the disc. Would it worth the gamble to buy another copy and hope that it comes with the actual case? Obviously I'm going to return what I have now but I wanted to get a second opinion
Just go to a store with it in stock (most stores should have a copy) and politely ask if you can exchange it for one with the case. YMMV but many employees will help you out. If they help you, do a survey for them and mention the employee by name for just being polite and helpful (you don't need to say exactly what they did for you) afterwards. You don't need a receipt to do one.

I bought 6 of the Spiderman Morales PS5 game and all came complete. Or you could just go to the store and ask them to replace the case.

Anyone noticed when you order buy 3 get 2 - and they come in different packing slips - the receipt shows a higher value than what you paid?

I wasn’t satisfied with the condition of the games and I got $42 cash back for 2 game returns and kept 3 $19 games for a total of $20….

In theory I could return those also and convert trade credit to cash for 2x amount paid… but pretty sure that’s return fraud but since they gave the receipt it’s not like im doing it on purpose since that’s what pull up in their system

If anyone wants one of GameStop's $800 PS5 bundles, the store I was just in got a ton so your store may have too. The person checking out next to me had number 54, and they still had a bunch more. Store has been open for almost 4 hours already

https://www.gamestop.com/ps5-store-event.html

for participating stores

Anyone noticed when you order buy 3 get 2 - and they come in different packing slips - the receipt shows a higher value than what you paid?

I wasn’t satisfied with the condition of the games and I got $42 cash back for 2 game returns and kept 3 $19 games for a total of $20….

In theory I could return those also and convert trade credit to cash for 2x amount paid… but pretty sure that’s return fraud but since they gave the receipt it’s not like im doing it on purpose since that’s what pull up in their system
they can check amounts paid for online orders in store, just had a lazy associate. Nice deal you made out with haha :)

Just go to a store with it in stock (most stores should have a copy) and politely ask if you can exchange it for one with the case. YMMV but many employees will help you out. If they help you, do a survey for them and mention the employee by name for just being polite and helpful (you don't need to say exactly what they did for you) afterwards. You don't need a receipt to do one.
I realized after I made the post that I could try going to the store so I will do that. Where would go for survey? I would definitely do this if they can assist me with this

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back