2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone noticed when you order buy 3 get 2 - and they come in different packing slips - the receipt shows a higher value than what you paid?

I wasn’t satisfied with the condition of the games and I got $42 cash back for 2 game returns and kept 3 $19 games for a total of $20….

In theory I could return those also and convert trade credit to cash for 2x amount paid… but pretty sure that’s return fraud but since they gave the receipt it’s not like im doing it on purpose since that’s what pull up in their system
The packing slip for my copies of FF XII show a price of $9.50 each (50% off) which is even less than what I paid so I'd lose money if I returned them

The packing slip for my copies of FF XII show a price of $9.50 each (50% off) which is even less than what I paid so I'd lose money if I returned them
It looks like it’s random then

My packing slips all just show the full price not including b3g2 free

I can't believe what a headache online returns in store are now.

Waste so much time just standing at the counter while they're on the phone, lol.

hey all, sorry for the stupid question-

but can you stack multiple reward coupons on an item that is on sale? I know they have to be for different amounts. Can you stack the monthly pro reward with this?

Can I signup for powerup rewards pro online and use a $10 cert and a gift card to pay for tax to get it or do I have to go into gamestop and do it

So I ordered some games from the Clearance sale they were having yesterday.   All the games are marked as new.  However the Ironman VR game just arrived.  It's been opened has a scratch on the disc and a giant yellow Clearance sticker on the package.  

They really suck at selling new games.  

Skyward Sword HD is down to 34. But the site isn’t letting me use the monthly 5 dollars on it; which it says is “In store only”. I haven’t bought anything in December yet, so what gives?

Seems like it won’t stack online with the “holiday sale” discount, since I can use it on other items.

they put the price drop as a "promo" so you cant use coupons on it

F9Mr1h7.png

they put the price drop as a "promo" so you cant use coupons on it
F9Mr1h7.png
Think I’ll have any luck calling in and asking CS to apply the monthly and/or a 10 dollar reward point cert I have? Or would I just be wasting my time?

in my recent experience customer service via phone has been people who struggle to know the difference between right and left

i had a guy apologize to me for not being able to help me telling me its his first day on the job

wonder what the turnover rate for them is

i have a theory they hire incompetent people on purpose so the person on the phone gives up

tldr probably wont work

i have had no trouble price matching in store and using coupons in the same transaction no matter what the official policy may be

my store told me they have like 40 copies of skyward sword cause no one buys it

I know the only time I called in to make an order was because the checkout online wasn't working but they didn't make the shipping free so my order was over 40$ which was the amount on my gift card so the order got cancelled a couple days later that's when links awakenings was 12.99

Originally the coupon couldn't from what I remember.  But due to the pandemic they changed it so that it could.  Of course due to there being stuff you can't use it on online vs in store most people prefer to use it in store for the eshop/xbox currency. 

You still get 50% if you want more than 5 games.

I wonder if I can buy 5 and return some and still get 50% off. :idea:
Yeah this is much better than b3g2. Returns are also less shady when there's no free games involved.

I found :xb1: Gears 5 for $1.99 to be a good filler game.

Agreed this is much better. 

A couple more good fillers: Mass Effect Andromeda (Xbox), MLB 2021 (XB1) and Fallout 3 (PS4)

So a potentially better promo emerged: Buy 5 games under 19.99 get 50% off.

Now to see what the Trade in bonus is when the stores open.
Here is my order for last week's buy 3 get 2 games.

No man's Sky $8.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey $9.99 Snipperclips plus cut it out together $8.99
Assassin's Creed Origins $12.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla $13.99

Subtotal was $54.95 discounts were $17.98 and I paid $40.39 total.
Am I understanding that this week I would have paid only $27.47?

Here is my order for last week's buy 3 get 2 games.

No man's Sky $8.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey $9.99 Snipperclips plus cut it out together $8.99
Assassin's Creed Origins $12.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla $13.99

Subtotal was $54.95 discounts were $17.98 and I paid $40.39 total.
Am I understanding that this week I would have paid only $27.47?
Yup, and like someone posted earlier; its much more easier to return a game that actually has a price vs one that doesn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back