2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Member when Wario64 originally started out as a CAG and the dumbass moderation staff chased him off because they didn't want him posting affiliate links? Good on him for getting out of this shit hole and making that affiliate money on Twitter
And he has more than double the Twitter followers that CAG does

The good ol' days of DS2U and the gang. CAG really lost a handful of good contributing members and the site hasn't been the same since. I was hoping mods would at least start posting deals themselves to fill the void after banning's but here we are. 

Reading through all this reminded me of when we got vita’s for $35 and Xbox for $15…. The old AWD. Things haven’t been the same around here since then.

Friends, this may be a new record.

Seven games arrived in a package, all PS4, all with original cases.

FIVE included no discs. Five.
I was impressed by line two and extremely impressed by line three. Riveting stuff.

I once ordered 50+ games online and got everything in cases and thought what luck. Then I turned over the discs and every single one had been keyed or slashed with a box cutter. Gamestop baby!

Friends, this may be a new record.

Seven games arrived in a package, all PS4, all with original cases.

FIVE included no discs. Five.
i got a switch one from the warehouse without a cart

i used to take these to the store and try to explain to them but after the third time they just started treating me like a schizo

Good luck with support. They were no help when I was missing a game, and basically told me to just file a chargeback.
They're already on the way back to the warehouse. I had good luck before with getting replacements in this situation (with 2 no-discs instead of 5).

I'm most impressed/puzzled by the two in the box that did have discs. It would make more sense if all 7 were empty.

They're already on the way back to the warehouse. I had good luck before with getting replacements in this situation (with 2 no-discs instead of 5).

I'm most impressed/puzzled by the two in the box that did have discs. It would make more sense if all 7 were empty.
Most likely the 2 that came with the disc came from the drawer and the empty cases were display cases. They stacked them all up to ship out without checking.

For anyone who purchased MLB The Show 21 (XSX version), my used copy came with a code for some in game content.  However, when I redeemed the code I received the full game

Surprised, my Miles Morales standard also came as the Ultimate edition or whatever, but the Spiderman Remastered code was unused.  Redeemed that and will enjoy playing it whenever I decide to get a PS5... had the PS4 GOTY edition sealed for a couple years so I suppose I'll trade that in too.

Surprised, my Miles Morales standard also came as the Ultimate edition or whatever, but the Spiderman Remastered code was unused. Redeemed that and will enjoy playing it whenever I decide to get a PS5... had the PS4 GOTY edition sealed for a couple years so I suppose I'll trade that in too.
That's Gamestop. Never quite sure what you are getting when you open your package. Sometimes you score like you did.

When they did the 50% extra trades promo, was it effectively 60% after Pro?  Or capped out at 50?  I'm doing math on my boomerangs (bought with my wife's account, will trade in with mine) and looks like I'll net $50 profit with the 30% GTA Switch preorder avenue, but wondering if I hold out for higher values and another 50% bump after the holidays.

Just ordered
Immortals fenix rising - switch
Forza horizon 4
Yakuza 0
Final fantasy 7 remake
Resident evil 2 remake
Hopefully they all come with cases

When they did the 50% extra trades promo, was it effectively 60% after Pro? Or capped out at 50? I'm doing math on my boomerangs (bought with my wife's account, will trade in with mine) and looks like I'll net $50 profit with the 30% GTA Switch preorder avenue, but wondering if I hold out for higher values and another 50% bump after the holidays.
yes, 60% total with Pro

The good ol' days of DS2U and the gang. CAG really lost a handful of good contributing members and the site hasn't been the same since. I was hoping mods would at least start posting deals themselves to fill the void after banning's but here we are.
Damn this is really disappointing to hear, I was around during the 2018 era and the deals were incredible. I was hoping things were still that way but I'm not surprised the mods are ban-happy. Sad. I've been looking for some type of discord or other community since I know that's the cool new thing but I haven't been able to find anything remotely good....

Be careful because some games that are $19.99 or less on the site are more than $19.99 in store so they wouldn't qualify for the deal even if they price match
You were 100% right. I went to a different gamestop since it had a game I wanted to swap out and the explained what I wanted to do and the girl tells me she will have to call up because the games were bought online and they have to approve the return. So she starts scanning the games and 2 of them come up $34.99 and I'm just thinking here we go. She then prices them to the receipt and long story short, because the prices were different in store, it would cost more to buy them back. She was told to have me return the games and then try to rebuy them online but wasn't sure how long that would take and since one of the games(snipperclips cut it out together)is out of stock online, they have no idea how long it would take to show up as available. I would only be getting back $13 and that's not worth the hassle so I told her to just forget it. She hangs up the phone and I tell her I still want to swap out the games and she tells me because it was part of an order, she has to return everything and we are back to the same thing. I explain that this is the only gamestop that has given me problems with exchanging a game for a game that is the same price. I even have returned a game that was part of a promotion and replaced it with a more expensive game and I just paid the difference. At this point, I could clearly see she was over the whole thing and told me she could just swap the games but it wouldn't be on the receipt and I was on my own if something was wrong with the game. The game(Trine Ultimate Collection) was sealed so I just said fine and she gave me it and I walked out with my games I wasn't able to return.

Not a big deal for only a $13 difference. It's odd that No Man's Sky and Snipperclips cut it out together rang up as $34.99 when both of those games are $8.99 on the website. I am still way ahead with Gamestop and I am just glad I was able to get Trine Collection. I swapped it for Ass Creed Odyssey since the Gold Edition is on sale for only $25 and the standard I bought was $9.99. I figured $15 to get all that extra content was worth it even if it's digital. Even my local gamestop probably couldn't have done much with me rebuying them since the system pricematch overrides it or whatever. They wouldn't have given me any problems with just swapping the games though that's for sure.

Stopped by my local GS to try to do the 50% 5+ games. Ended up with Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, KH Melody of Memories, and two Andromeda (one Xbox and one PS4) for $23. The KH and Andromeda games did not show in stock on the website, so I’m glad I stopped.

Stopped by my local GS to try to do the 50% 5+ games. Ended up with Modern Warfare, Borderlands 3, KH Melody of Memories, and two Andromeda (one Xbox and one PS4) for $23. The KH and Andromeda games did not show in stock on the website, so I’m glad I stopped.
Was the prices the same in store as online? Thanks

Pretty F'n funny, Gamestop just sent me an email about the 5 for 50%, and 1 of the displayed games was Spongebob Rehydrated for Ps4 which is over $20 and not part of the sale. You do you Gamestop.

Just got a package with 9 of my games from the 50% off sale. Only one came without the original case (persona 5 royal) got a Myles morales ultimate but unfortunately the code was redeemed so didn't get lucky like some people have but overall pretty happy.

They shorted me two games during my instore pickup. Since they completed the order they don’t know what to do. Customer service is oblivious as always saying that they don’t see the items that were picked up.

Here we go

This 5 for 50 percent off has been awesome. When they had NBA 2k22 for 20$ i bought 3 copies and got two switch games for 20 and under. I've been selling the NBA game for 20 locally really easy. So I get my money back and get the switch games for free.

Hi, for the people who got there 5 for 50% off orders already. On your packing slip does it list each game price individually, so it would be easy to return for one or two games in store and keep the others? Thanks.

Well that’s going to be an issue. I actually don’t receive monthly emails. Only email I receive is points redeemed and order updates
The code also displays on your active offers as well. Just copy/paste the code somewhere that you'll have it *before* you use it in store, if you don't get the emails. Then use the code online later (I used it same day and it worked, others have said they used it a couple weeks later and it still worked).

The code also displays on your active offers as well. Just copy/paste the code somewhere that you'll have it *before* you use it in store, if you don't get the emails. Then use the code online later (I used it same day and it worked, others have said they used it a couple weeks later and it still worked).
So, to confirm, I need to redeem points for a code, and copy from my active offers. I can then use that code instore and then online. The code I’m redeeming for is the instore variety right, not online only digital?

So, to confirm, I need to redeem points for a code, and copy from my active offers. I can then use that code instore and then online. The code I’m redeeming for is the instore variety right, not online only digital?
The double dip works on your monthly pro coupon that way, not the points redeemed ones.

All complete cases so far, which is great, but also a bit jealous of the folks getting unused Spider-Man Remastered codes with their $10 MM. (Also happy for them… I can be both.)

I feel like the unused spider-man remaster codes are GameStop’s “new” sticker copies they are accidentally pulling out of the drawer. They don’t know if they are used or new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back