2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
. It is reprints stop talking out your ass about something you obviously know nothing about.
except I know a lot about this. I'm telling you literally what it is.

edit: Yes, there have been a few RARE instances of it being done with reprints, but most time it's done on damaged stock, that's all.

I could see it being damaged stock a couple times so I won't argue out that possibility for the smaller cases. But the majority of the time it has been indeed reprints as there is proof of it. Especially with xenoblade as the boxes were different than the originals and all the copies had club nintendo codes that were unused.

There were far too many copies of Gravity rush for example for it to have not been a reprint. There's no way they were just sitting on some 300+ of copies that were supposedly damaged. None of them had any damage besides from the opener  that people received.  So if there somehow were damaged copies they didn't reach the public seemingly. There's also the fact that it came back into stock 3 or more separate times after the initial restock. And the fact that by selling it as used they can inflate the price vs being stuck at msrp for new.

Then there's other cases where the reprints are easier to tell when they don't include the original copies content like outer boxes and such like with 13 sentinels. That was also proven to have gotten the reprint at best buy and amazon as well last year and came back in stock multiple times.

Cold steel 3 is the odd one since it was seemingly reprinted but all the reprint copies are launch ones that come with the sound track disc and such. As normally they don't go to the trouble of doing that.  But it's possible since nisa did a reprint of titles over the summer for their store that gamestop got in on that and they figured it was cheaper than making a new edition.

Yup, those are a few of the reprint examples.  Won't even debate those.  There's literally tons of copies that go through Gamestop used like that though,  mostly from smaller vendors but occasionally big guys.

That being said, I'll tell you 300 pieces is small count for some of these items.  A lot of the cartons ship around 120 pieces per(4 bricks of 30), and if the shipment is damaged the whole thing can be refused.  Even if 115 of the 120 copies were perfectly fine.  That's where a lot of the stock comes from.  Other retailers returning it, or GS going to the vendor and saying hey this was damaged, give us a discount/credit towards our next shipment for it and we'll mark down the lot.

Went to my local GS and picked up Far Cry 6 and DMC 5 on the PS5 for cheap. FC 6 was $19.99 that was after my 5 dollar coupon and finally found DMC 5 PS5 version and it was 19.99. 

Is there any trick to being able to get the online rewards points certificates to work?  I remember trying a few years to get one to work, with no dice no matter what I put in my cart (and of course when I called customer service they insisted it was because I was trying to apply it to excluded items, but literally nothing would work...)  Just tried getting a $1 reward cert to test again, and same problem. 

Is this just the normal f*cked state of the GS website?

generally its a mess trying to get them to work still.  they dont work on digital anything typically, and sale items also always seem to be issues, but occasionally you get lucky.

I think both are right, regarding the GameStop case destruction machines.  The most well known instances are the notorious uncharged reprints.  Lots of people buying all at once and discussing more, since those are usually in demand at the time and surprising to see again, so those were easier to discover together and had a logical explanation.  But that consistent case damage is found constantly en masse for other games as well.  We know GameStop likes to use their refurbishing machines to destroy discs for no reason, i’m sure they can come up with all kinds of reasons to damage good sealed game cases too.  Converting “damaged” stock to pre-owned definitely makes sense.  Not for the most well known reprints, that was probably just so they could upcharge, but would explain the less talked about outlier games it has happened consistently for that didn’t have an upcharge.  Converting new to pre-owned for clearance reasons, I think is more sporadic, but occasionally seems to get the machine too.

Was able to grab a couple decent games for the 50% off

:pS4: Little Nightmares 2
PS5 Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania
:Switch: Sponge Bob Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated
:Switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
:switch: Saints Row 3
:Switch: Xcom 2
:Switch: Katamari Damacy
:Xb1: Forza Horizon 4
:Xb1: Gears 5
:Xb1: Sea of Thieves

All for $77.90

Also grabbed :switch: Sonic Colors Ultimate new for $15 after a double dip coupon.

I think both are right, regarding the GameStop case destruction machines.  The most well known instances are the notorious uncharged reprints.  Lots of people buying all at once and discussing more, since those are usually in demand at the time and surprising to see again, so those were easier to discover together and had a logical explanation.  But that consistent case damage is found constantly en masse for other games as well.  We know GameStop likes to use their refurbishing machines to destroy discs for no reason, i’m sure they can come up with all kinds of reasons to damage good sealed game cases too.  Converting “damaged” stock to pre-owned definitely makes sense.  Not for the most well known reprints, that was probably just so they could upcharge, but would explain the less talked about outlier games it has happened consistently for that didn’t have an upcharge.  Converting new to pre-owned for clearance reasons, I think is more sporadic, but occasionally seems to get the machine too.
Is there a reason as to why they seem so... destructive towards their own merchandise? Between throwing out cases, purposely damaging cases on converted games, opening up "new" games and letting employees borrow them so they're obviously no longer in "new" condition and putting their discs through the worst "resurfacing" machines I've ever seen I've never heard of a store going out of their way to purposely make their merchandise in worse condition like this before. I'm trying to figure out why they do things like this. I even heard that they purposely throw away instruction manuals on retro games they sell online and throw away jewel cases on online retro games. It is very sad that the world's biggest game store is destroying gaming history, especially on games that will never be printed again.

Is there a reason as to why they seem so... destructive towards their own merchandise? Between throwing out cases, purposely damaging cases on converted games, opening up "new" games and letting employees borrow them so they're obviously no longer in "new" condition and putting their discs through the worst "resurfacing" machines I've ever seen I've never heard of a store going out of their way to purposely make their merchandise in worse condition like this before. I'm trying to figure out why they do things like this. I even heard that they purposely throw away instruction manuals on retro games they sell online and throw away jewel cases on online retro games. It is very sad that the world's biggest game store is destroying gaming history, especially on games that will never be printed again.
So i can only really answer the first part, but in the end it's due to the volume of them they need to convert to use. It's literally thousands of copies on a lot of these games they're running through the machine to rip the plastic off(which btw is funny because that's all it does, xbox games will still have their seal label from the factory uncut). Their objective is speed and efficiency. Remember Gamestop places 0 value on the case, just the disc. That's why trade-in is the same with disc or complete. They could just as easily make all of those copies disc only copies, but they don't, they sell with the scrapped cases because that's the least amount of work and quickest way to get them out.

So i can only really answer the first part, but in the end it's due to the volume of them they need to convert to use. It's literally thousands of copies on a lot of these games they're running through the machine to rip the plastic off(which btw is funny because that's all it does, xbox games will still have their seal label from the factory uncut). Their objective is speed and efficiency. Remember Gamestop places 0 value on the case, just the disc. That's why trade-in is the same with disc or complete. They could just as easily make all of those copies disc only copies, but they don't, they sell with the scrapped cases because that's the least amount of work and quickest way to get them out.
That guy got banned. I wonder who he really was.

Completely out of nowhere and off topic.  But awhile ago think I mentioned how bad the writing and translation was for octopath traveler in this thread, when someone else brought the game up.  I was only a few hours in, on tressa’s and Cyrus’s stories, not good starts as far as story goes, but after getting further in, its not the localizations fault.  The way it started out, I thought it was going to be like the first bravely default again, that had an interesting story, but the telling of it was hours of repetitive nonsense in my opinion.  I’m interested but haven’t touched the other bravely defaults because of that yet.  Octopath seems like the dialogue is going to get tiring by the end, it’s long, but pretty well written atleast.  Know it doesn’t matter in the slightest, but it bugs me when I post something completely wrong.  The starts of both of those story paths are bad, Cyrus in particular, but it’s not the writing, just a stupid way to start that story.  Rest of the game mostly seems good now.

Two packages from GS shipped via OnTrac were marked delivered yesterday and I got an email from GS super late at night that they were delivered. I check this morning, nothing. My brother has a ring camera and there's nobody there at the stated times. So I call OnTrac and mention the issue and they immediately say "yeah, our drivers just sometimes lie" and I'm just a bit shocked they'd openly admit that. They opened an investigation and are gonna get back to me so we'll see if I get the packages or not. 

Not sure if they would have said the same thing if I didn't say anything about a camera... 

I was gonna rate the delivery poorly on Gamestop but I see they removed the delivery rating system. 

Went into GameStop today to swap some cases. Guy actually opened a new immortals to swap the case. At that point I'm not sure why he didn't just give me the sealed copy.

Scraped up. They all have these same scrapes in the same locations

attachicon.gif
20211223_130556.jpg
attachicon.gif
20211223_130609.jpg
Thanks for posting. That sucks that they do that now. Did it come from Grapevine TX?

Thanks for posting. That sucks that they do that now. Did it come from Grapevine TX?
Yeah I'm pretty sure most of these scraped ones are coming from the warehouse. They can probably come from stores sometimes too though. I've actually seen cases like this in the store before

Yeah I'm pretty sure most of these scraped ones are coming from the warehouse. They can probably come from stores sometimes too though. I've actually seen cases like this in the store before
They come from stores sometimes because the stores very regularly get them from the warehouse in shipment.

Do reward certificates expire? CS said no but I don’t trust them as they’ve told me wrong info before.
Yes. They have expiration dates, usually at the end of each quarter.

A few years ago, the app issued me a bunch of expired certs. I got my points refunded but it was frustrating to call CS multiple times.

Has anyone else not been getting points? I bought a bunch of Steam cards on the 22nd and still haven't gotten any points from the transaction

points can take up to 72 hours to post.   when theres tons of transaction days it always ends up taking extra time.

Blasphemous Deluxe Edition (New) is $12.99 for all consoles!

Just ordered the PS4 & Switch versions along with Metro Redux for Switch, which is down to $16.99.

Merry Christmas! :D

I tried to find answer to this online but couldn't get a clear answer. So I bought GTA Trilogy on ps4 this past week at full price but discounted via I think a $3 coupon you get with points and now I noticed that they have discounted the game to 49.99. My question is does gamestop price adjust in this case for an online order or nah?

I tried to find answer to this online but couldn't get a clear answer. So I bought GTA Trilogy on ps4 this past week at full price but discounted via I think a $3 coupon you get with points and now I noticed that they have discounted the game to 49.99. My question is does gamestop price adjust in this case for an online order or nah?

Sigh.....5 for 50% is dead, buy 2 get 1 free is active.
I'd rather have the former promo.
Ugh. Same. I had 15 games i was going to check out with this morning after one last look cause Gamestop sales typically end on Saturday not Friday... Oh well. I didn't really need those games and Gamestop actually saved me over $100 so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back