2 (100%)
Current Ad is 8/22 - 8/28/18
Weekly Ad:
https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/082218/pdf/OLFSI_082218.pdf

Current Trade in Promos:

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of the same game (same system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?
The console, power cable, av cable, and controller. Sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3DS XL trade would be console, charger, and stylus. Some have reported being charged a refurb fee for missing the stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.

Does the Pro Membership B2G1 coupon apply to only games, or accessories as well?
The coupon applies to both games and accessories, per the wording on the coupon.

I have a $XX.xx pre-owned reward certificate, and I want to use it on a B2G1 transaction. Should I?
It depends. If the three games are equal value, do not use your certificate. The value of the certificate would be applied to the free game, which would not benefit you. If one game is more expensive, you can use the certificate to make it the same value as the other two games ($5 reward certificate applied to transaction with two $10 games and one $15 game would make all three games $10).

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO:
ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Forgetting” to relabel an item or properly organize a self is what I would call lack of effort. Leaving out a part of a customers order because you’re too lazy to open up a case or check read a packing slip is incompetence and should be treated as so with no excuses.

Neither is McDonald’s, but how many times have you been given a pattyless burger? Kinda weird seeing people defend scummy employees because the employer isn’t paying enough.
It's easier to be shitty at your job when it's not customer facing. If you serve a burger with no patty it's almost 100% chance that person immediately comes and complains. Packing stuff at the warehouse or store there's no immediate backlash. Someone will call up customer service but it's probably near impossible to figure out who in the warehouse screwed up. When there's no direct accountability then people getting minimum wage generally don't care.

GameStop's website has always been junk and has somehow only gotten worse over the years

And even among other retail jobs, GameStop was always bottom of the barrel, even before the pandemic. These are the employees filling most of your orders

At this point everyone here should know by now that ordering from their website is like playing with fire. It will be fine sometimes but other times you're gonna get burned

Neither is McDonald’s, but how many times have you been given a pattyless burger? Kinda weird seeing people defend scummy employees because the employer isn’t paying enough.
don't know about pattyless burger, but the local taco bell once sold tacos with no meat because they ran out, and they didnt bother to tell anyone.

I don't eat at fast food joints anymore but when I did my order was fucked up all the time. One time I went to McDonalds and got my whole order messed up. Turns out they were short staffed because there was a gang fight in there earlier (and they may or may not have tried to rob the place) and  the (absent from the scene) management threatened to fire anyone who went home. Some did and the ones who were left were desperate, understaffed and not properly trained.

I got an email over a week ago saying my order has shipped, and the website's Order Details page says it's shipped. But on the tracking page it still says Awaiting Carrier Pickup. Am I stuck in delivery limbo?

Any way to change gamestop credit to an amazon/best buy gift card? I checked if they sold those gift cards but didn't see any.

Any way to change gamestop credit to an amazon/best buy gift card? I checked if they sold those gift cards but didn't see any.
No, short of selling your GameStop gift cards for cash. You can buy Xbox credit, PS store credit, Steam credit... But I'm pretty sure there's no physical stores that you can buy gift cards for with GameStop credit.

It's a bit convoluted but you can buy Instacart gift cards on the GS website using TIC and then use that to place a Best Buy order through instacart. You'll probably be paying an upcharge though unless you can find a promo code to offset the difference.

I got an email over a week ago saying my order has shipped, and the website's Order Details page says it's shipped. But on the tracking page it still says Awaiting Carrier Pickup. Am I stuck in delivery limbo?
Don't pay attention to order details on GameStop website or app. Follow through tracking numbers sent to your email. Type them into whoever's shipping services website.

Btw, Gamestop appears to have done a pretty decent restock overnight on pre-owned, so if you took a look yesterday and no luck, try again today.

I just made off with a bunch of decent Switch titles with B2G1 that hadn't been in stock for these past few days.

I just got some of my Switch games and they came in the clear generic DS cases. I hope they haven't started throwing out Switch cases like they do DS cases now.

"new"

attachicon.gif
20211228_133504.jpg
"Pre-Owned", hope this trend does not continue.

DSC00419.jpg

Ha this was my luck with the 50% sell. They sent me a ps4 game in an Xbox case. Not to mention the empty case they sent me and the unplayable devil may cry hd I got…. These games don’t even have any type of stickers on them as well. Someone was being lazy.[attachment=36534:FBABAA1F-B319-4B8E-B03C-1039C6D770DF.jpeg]

I got pretty lucky with my games being complete but I bought some games i thought would be better. Really need a +$5 promo

When I'm signed into my account and click on the PS5 Video Game section, I'm seeing weird prices. Is anyone seeing the same? I wonder if there anyway to get them prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back