The General eBay Rant Thread

What type of claim did he file?

Item Not Received (INR) or Not as Described (SNAD)?

If he filed INR and you have tracking showing it was delivered you win.

If he filed SNAD he'll have to return something (if you make him by selecting "return for refund")

But yes if you believe him you should just refund... but even if you do he still has the ability to neg/leave low DSRs

INR.

The USPS CS representative who took my call said that they'd try to find the missing item. I'm going to assume that the chances of that going through are about zero, right?

What was the Claim?

[quote name='Lemstar']INR.

The USPS CS representative who took my call said that they'd try to find the missing item. I'm going to assume that the chances of that going through are about zero, right?[/QUOTE]

You got that right.

This was the PM he sent me:

about an hour ago, I went to the mail box. inside was an envelope torn open inside a plastic envelope. The plastic envelope was stamped received without contents. Why did the post office deliver an empty torn open envelope? what am I suppose to do with that? I contacted Ebay, because it was the Post Office who lost the game.

No what was the claim? "Item not received"?

[quote name='209chromatic']They will probably ask him to file a police report. If he does he most likely will get his money back.[/QUOTE]

Police report for $19 .......LMFAO

[quote name='Lemstar']Yeah.[/QUOTE]

Speaking from experience, if the buyer provides pictures of the USPS Received Without Contents label eBay will side with them. If they can not or do not provide proof of that eBay will, most likely, side with the seller. Due to feedback though I would just refund, not worth risking a negative feedback over $19.

One of my friends went from averaging $250 a day until he got a negative feedback with low DSRs and is now struggling to sell $50 a day. You would not believe how much that one hit to feedback and DSRs does to Search Result placement.

Does the new seller protection program safeguard you from negative feedback in the cases of refunds?

I think with the old way, buyers could still neg you even if you agreed to issue a refund yourself.

[quote name='Donut2922']Does the new seller protection program safeguard you from negative feedback in the cases of refunds?

I think with the old way, buyers could still neg you even if you agreed to issue a refund yourself.[/QUOTE]

No, what the new program changes is if Lemstar's buyer opened an INR case and does not provide proof of USPS delivering an empty parcel Lemstar wins the case and the buyer is unable to leave negative feedback or low DSRs on the transaction. eBay called me about the new changes last month and I asked if Cancelling a Transaction after a refund would do the same thing but they told me no, it is only for cases that a buyer opens and escalates to eBay and the seller then wins. If the buyer wins the case they can (and likely will) leave negative feedback.

The buyer should have filed a SNAD Claim because he did receive something---it just wasn't the game.

Technically if the delivery confirmation shows "Delivered" and you or the buyer escalates the case he will lose.

I just got a vita game today and I think its fake. 1. The game is cracked down the side and has a hole on top. 2. The game label is peeling off. 3. It won't fit in my vita.
The weird thing is that it came in the original case, but the game feels so flimsy it just feels fake. I filed a snad but it was with free shipping, I don't want to have to pay to ship it back for a fake game.

eBay opened a case because of an issue with an item purchased from you. We reviewed the case and have decided to issue the buyer a full refund of $18.98. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed.This case is now closed. You are not required to reimburse the buyer or eBay, and this case will not be counted in your seller performance evaluation.

Sounds like I dodged a bullet on this one.

Thanks for the help, guys!

This probably is a stupid question since I've been selling on eBay for a good while now but are there any advantages of using the Print a Label shipping address they give you when something sells? My printer is too much of hassle to use so I never dig it out hence I've never used their shipping label since you have to print it. Are there any benefits to it (like cost?) or is it just for people that don't feel like making/writing out their own?

[quote name='Navex']This probably is a stupid question since I've been selling on eBay for a good while now but are there any advantages of using the Print a Label shipping address they give you when something sells? My printer is too much of hassle to use so I never dig it out hence I've never used their shipping label since you have to print it. Are there any benefits to it (like cost?) or is it just for people that don't feel like making/writing out their own?[/QUOTE]
It's something like 10% cheaper than paying for it at the post office.

[quote name='Navex']This probably is a stupid question since I've been selling on eBay for a good while now but are there any advantages of using the Print a Label shipping address they give you when something sells? My printer is too much of hassle to use so I never dig it out hence I've never used their shipping label since you have to print it. Are there any benefits to it (like cost?) or is it just for people that don't feel like making/writing out their own?[/QUOTE]

Cost and convenience. A lot of times the Post office will push priority on you when you could ship First class. I get games all the time where the seller pays around $6 for a 4-6 oz game. Also, If you print it at home you could just drop it in your mailbox.

Well, if it's under 13oz.

Also, labels through eBay get automatic tracking. And you can drop it off at Office Depot as well as the post office.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Even if it's over 13oz you can put the item in the mailbox. That 13oz rule only applies to items that have postage as stamps.[/QUOTE]

So I can drop off Parcel Post (new Standard Mail mail service now) at the USPS drop off boxes so long as they fit inside the box even if they're greater than 13 ounces? I didn't know that .... all this time ... oh my gosh.

Yeah, as long as it fits it's ok. I have mailed something like a Singstar Bundle that weighed close to 3 pounds with packaging in a mailbox before. I have never had anything returned to me. Since my local Post Office closed and I don't feel like driving to the next closest one, I almost always put any items I sell in a regular mailbox.

I personally tend to use Office Depot. Right by my work and feels safer somehow, event though I have not had a problem with the mailbox.

Ok, made a mistake today and wanted some advice. I always require immediate payment for anything I sell and for whatever reason the sale went through but was unpaid for (I don't know if the option wasn't checked or what never happened before). I know I'm an idiot for not looking closely admit that but now I'm worried as I just sent out the package today and uploaded tracking so the buyer knows I sent it out. Maybe he's just late on paying I don't know but now I'm worried he's going to screw me over since I've already shipped his thing out but he has yet to pay.

Am I at their mercy now or is there something I can do to prevent this guy from potentially cheating me?

[quote name='Navex']Ok, made a mistake today and wanted some advice. I always require immediate payment for anything I sell and for whatever reason the sale went through but was unpaid for (I don't know if the option wasn't checked or what never happened before). I know I'm an idiot for not looking closely admit that but now I'm worried as I just sent out the package today and uploaded tracking so the buyer knows I sent it out. Maybe he's just late on paying I don't know but now I'm worried he's going to screw me over since I've already shipped his thing out but he has yet to pay.

Am I at their mercy now or is there something I can do to prevent this guy from potentially cheating me?[/QUOTE]

Go to the post office tomorrow and file a recall form.

If you have a helpful postmaster they will be able to get the package back. If the buyer eventually pays and you end up sending it at a later date you'll be out the original postage but if he doesn't pay at least you won't be out your item.

You can always tell him that you uploaded tracking by mistake and that you'll send his package as soon as he makes his payment

Okay, thanks for the info. I'm pretty mad at myself, I always have immediate payment checked, don't know I let this go by. If it was something small I wouldn't care and chance it but it's a whole box of books so I really don't want to take a loss. It may not matter but can I go to any post office to do this or does it have to be the one I shipped it from? I ask as this of course was the one time I shipped it from my usual po as it was on my way home from work.

I guess you can mark it as unshipped and it removes the tracking and stuff. Should I message saying I'm canceling the shipment until he pays (even though I have to do it tomorrow and HOPE they intercept it) or should I just not say anything and go down there tomorrow and start the process? I really don't want to go though this canceling shipment/waiting/reshipment stuff, especially if this person is a legitimate payer but if informing him I'm canceling may speed things up and avoid this I'd like to do it.

I finally got a response from the seller. He will refund my money but since the game had free shipping he wants me to pay to ship the game back. I told him i'm not loosing money to ship it back to you when you sent me a fake game. Am I in the right here?

[quote name='xenozfan2']I finally got a response from the seller. He will refund my money but since the game had free shipping he wants me to pay to ship the game back. I told him i'm not loosing money to ship it back to you when you sent me a fake game. Am I in the right here?[/QUOTE]

The seller always pays return shipping, unless the buyer doesn't want the item. Which this isn't the case.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The seller always pays return shipping, unless the buyer doesn't want the item. Which this isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

That's what I said, but the game had free shipping so he still wants me to ship it back.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']The seller always pays return shipping, unless the buyer doesn't want the item. Which this isn't the case.[/QUOTE]

It would depend on the reason. Generally buyers pay return shipping. If the buyer got scammed then its understandable to request the seller to reimburse the return shipping charges.

[quote name='ferant316']Either the polish from resurfacing a disc or someone got WAY too excited when they found such a great PS1 game.[/QUOTE]

SOTN is awesome and the manual is completely stuck together, case closed :lol:

i realize it's resurfacing polish, but man that auction looks bad-- white liquid splotches on the game, manual stuck together in a block haha

or maybe it's my imagination that's the problem

[quote name='Seraphinianus']SOTN is awesome and the manual is completely stuck together, case closed :lol:

i realize it's resurfacing polish, but man that auction looks bad-- white liquid splotches on the game, manual stuck together in a block haha

or maybe it's my imagination that's the problem[/QUOTE]

Oh jeez I didn't read the manual stuck together part. I ammend my theories it is not polish someone definitely got way to excited.

So a guy wins my auction and is a zero feedback bidder, and hasn't paid yet (only been a day so far). I check into his name, and I pull up a mugshot from last year.

So, the question is, would you sell your game to this guy?
(Disclaimer: This may not be him, but it pulled up under the name and area, and he looks like someone who would bid and not pay.)
/blatant stereotyping

mug-shot-65281091.jpg

Ebay closed my case for me and issued me a curtsy refund. Do I still have to send the game back to the seller? Also I can post pics later if anyone wants to see what it looks like.

[quote name='xenozfan2']Ebay closed my case for me and issued me a curtsy refund. Do I still have to send the game back to the seller? Also I can post pics later if anyone wants to see what it looks like.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to send it back if they didn't tell you to send it back.

[quote name='kodave']You don't have to send it back if they didn't tell you to send it back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, if the seller won't send you a shipping label to send it back, just keep it.

[quote name='Lemstar']Did eBay raise the BIN minimum on auctions to 30% of starting price just today?[/QUOTE]

about two weeks ago.

I just got a chargeback for an item I didnt ship because the payment was under review by paypal for a week. Anyone have any experience with this situation?

[quote name='Lemstar']I just listed an item yesterday at $27 starting bid and $30 BIN, though.[/QUOTE]

well they were supposed to go into effect when the flat 10 went into effect. I just list all my listing BIN now, since your 50 free a month can be either or now(dont have to be auction).

Confirming the 30% difference between Auction and BIN price today, as I did one earlier this week with the standard 10%, and now it has to be 30% difference from the two I listed today. I may have to look into doing all BIN without auction from now on.

wow, so paypal just charged me $27 dollars for that guy's chargeback for a payment they had under review and told me not to ship. Shouldve just shipped it and had seller protection cover me, fuck their warning, if all they ended up doing was bending me over.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, is it worth it to make an eBay store? I reach my listing limits easily, though usually only about $600 a month in sales. The invoices seem to be getting higher and higher

OK bit of a random question. I want to buy something that is sold on ebay UK, and I am going to visit the UK later this year. Obviously right now if I try and bid it tells me seller won't ship to m area. Is there a way for me to keep my billing addy as the USA, and have my account tell the seller to ship to a UK address, without having to add that UK address (which belongs to a friend) as a confirmed paypal address?
Thanks!

[quote name='bfett9']OK bit of a random question. I want to buy something that is sold on ebay UK, and I am going to visit the UK later this year. Obviously right now if I try and bid it tells me seller won't ship to m area. Is there a way for me to keep my billing addy as the USA, and have my account tell the seller to ship to a UK address, without having to add that UK address (which belongs to a friend) as a confirmed paypal address?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, I sold a $150 value bracelet to some skank , her ebay ID was registered in CHINA her feedback was private and the shipping address was in Michigan. Didn't give me a problem though so I use the word skank loosely hah .

Holy shit, been lurking in this thread and it makes me sad for all those people who sell, and buyers try to screw. When I win an auction, I try to pay as fast and quick as I could.

[quote name='foltest121']Holy shit, been lurking in this thread and it makes me sad for all those people who sell, and buyers try to screw. When I win an auction, I try to pay as fast and quick as I could.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to America land of entitlement.

bread's done
Back