The General eBay Rant Thread

Of course you are. Or do you shrug it off when a package from your retailer of choice doesn't show up or shows up damaged? You are the retailer. The package is your responsibility until it arrives safely in the buyer's hands.

I do enjoy your unrealistic, unreasonable rants though. Please keep it up!
That's not how that works. Once I send it my end is over.

Update on my "missing" package- they marked it delivered despite the fact it was at his local post office. Apparently someone there doesnt know the difference between a 0 and a 2. Noone these days seems to understand a circle with a line through it is a zero! He has his package now.

You have to basically do whatever the buyer wants or you will get bad feedback, claims, or time wasted going back and forth in messages with unemployed basement dwellers who have nothing better to do all day. Sometimes a buyer scams you and still leaves a neutral or negative. Better to just trash your items and work a real job these days instead of dealing with eBay. Too many people are total pieces of shit to deal with for me to bother anymore and eBay's policies encourage this. After fees it's not even worth it.

Then again, most of the sellers seem to suck now, too. I rarely ever get an item in described condition and this is from even top rated sellers. You will get sent scratched games that they say are like new, bootleg accessories that they say are authentic, items with no packing, items sent a week after ordering, etc. Then the sellers act like assholes and accuse you of scamming them or whatever when you call them out on their shit. So I can see how it's a problem on both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link is broken. Also imagine telling one of the world's biggest reseller's how to eBay lmao. I love this place.
Sorry for the broken link. Perhaps this one will work? https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210#not-described

Sellers are required to deliver the item as it was described in the listing.
I imagine one of the World's Biggest Resellers (without an apostrophe - you're not plural) already realizes s/he's responsible for items being delivered in the condition s/he sold the items. I must have missed the sarcasm in your prior post then. Cheers.

Sorry for the broken link. Perhaps this one will work? https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210#not-described

I imagine one of the World's Biggest Resellers (without an apostrophe - you're not plural) already realizes s/he's responsible for items being delivered in the condition s/he sold the items. I must have missed the sarcasm in your prior post then. Cheers.
Nope. Once it's at the post office not my problem. Seller's should show the item tested and I have a camera above me that shows me wrapping said items. eBay has only ever had an issue twice. Some great free advice on that last bit normally you'd have to be a Patreon member of mine.

Nope. Once it's at the post office not my problem. Seller's should show the item tested and I have a camera above me that shows me wrapping said items. eBay has only ever had an issue twice. Some great free advice on that last bit normally you'd have to be a Patreon member of mine.
I have no interest in following someone so out of touch with reality and full of themselves. All the more power to you though.

Merry Christmas!

Heres one for your guys Block List- smoke42084     Dude asked me if Id take $7.50 apiece for 4 N64 games that I had listed at $15 apiece if he bought all 4. I agree. He doesnt pay right away, next day I sent a message, he pays for 1 game, I sent a message saying theyre shipping together so I need payment for the other 3, I hear nothing, we get to Day 3 after the "purchase" and he hasnt responded to any messages or paid for anything else. I cancel all 4 orders. He sends me a message this morning pissed off that I cancelled the order when he didnt ask me to and he says hes going to contact Ebay about it because I need "to learn the consequences"! He said he just had another seller do that and apparently that seller was suspended..........BS! How about YOU pay for the shit you sent me an offer for! Hes lucky I waited 3 days!

I thought offer only last for 48 hours and after that it expires.

I got a really Karen user who gave me a neutral feedback without contacting me because I didn't gave him a feedback right away. The game was in transit and still multiple states away.

Heres one for your guys Block List- smoke42084     Dude asked me if Id take $7.50 apiece for 4 N64 games that I had listed at $15 apiece if he bought all 4. I agree. He doesnt pay right away, next day I sent a message, he pays for 1 game, I sent a message saying theyre shipping together so I need payment for the other 3, I hear nothing, we get to Day 3 after the "purchase" and he hasnt responded to any messages or paid for anything else. I cancel all 4 orders. He sends me a message this morning pissed off that I cancelled the order when he didnt ask me to and he says hes going to contact Ebay about it because I need "to learn the consequences"! He said he just had another seller do that and apparently that seller was suspended..........BS! How about YOU pay for the shit you sent me an offer for! Hes lucky I waited 3 days!
That's why you can't be too nice to eBay buyers OR sellers. Give an inch and they take a mile. If a buyer ever asks for special privileges I sent them a message insulting them then block them so they can't buy from me. If a seller ever messes up I show them no leniency.

I thought offer only last for 48 hours and after that it expires.

I got a really Karen user who gave me a neutral feedback without contacting me because I didn't gave him a feedback right away. The game was in transit and still multiple states away.
Too many sellers extort feedback by not leaving it until a buyer does so. Your buyer considered this bad service and I don't blame them, honestly. You should be more responsible in the future and leave a positive for buyers immediately. Buyers can't get negatives anyway so holding feedback hostage for them is useless and only pisses off the wrong buyer.

I'm not sure who that is, but if you actually listened to my advice (someone who has been using eBay since 1995) you guys wouldn't be running into the problems you're complaining about now.

I hadn't sold much during COVID til this past couple of months. I will say that out of anyone that messaged me for any descriptions or requests for more pictures have ended with 0 sales. I pretty much ignore most messages nowadays.

Including one that wanted me to sell something OOP for less than what it was when it wasn't OOP. No, I'm not selling you something that was $100 for $60 shipped.

More a reflection of market value TBH. I've had things sit for months to a year and finally sell once I lowered my prices. If something falls below what you're willing to sell it for, then pull it. Stagnant stock will perpetuate the problem well into the future because it will always be abundant and cheap. Pulling stock sends a message that I'm worth more and it's being removed from the market until you have no choice but to pay it.

Probably low demand then. I've had items like that sit for a long time then find a buyer eventually. Think I've only ever had one person try to play sock puppet with accounts to lowball my price, but they missed out since it sold to someone else anyway lol.

If your item isn't selling then either your pictures and description suck, people don't trust your reputation, or your price is too high. If you don't mind sitting on it for months or years then feel free to keep it at the same price it's not selling at. Plenty of people seem to like hoarding inventory. But don't complain about it.

Had a guy tell me that his package which was marked as delivered wasn't actually there. I told him to just wait and see if it comes later or the next day because sometimes that happens, then he goes on about how it must have been delivered to the wrong address. I tell him no, more than likely it will come tomorrow because, again, that happens sometimes. He responds with "I will wait".

Don't hear from him again so I assume he got his package, then today he files a charge back with his credit card for "unrecognized transaction". Okay then. Saves me the trouble of having to deal with some refund request, at least.

Common sense to me would be "hey my package still isnt here.... Ill call the local post office!"...........Ebay buyer- "WHERE IS IT?! I WANT IT NOW!"

When people try to beat you up on price...........when your game is already $10 Free Shipping! Gonna cost me $5 to ship it dumbass! Im sure youll get way more than $10 worth of fun out of it!

Heres another one to add to the Blocked Buyers list- dusiluong0490 . He bought a used youth baseball helmet from me. He gets it and messages me "Thank You". The next day he says he said his son looked at it and mentioned the scuffs and marks on it, "I was very very upset u send me a piece of shit please send me my money Mack ". Turns out he has bad vision and cant even see scuffs on my 4k pictures! I tell him "It was sold as a used helmet and my 5 pictures show the same marks youre complaining about." His response- "U piece of shit a f…. Scammer u should put on description was damaged u r a scammer asshole." So I was like, "Nice Attitude. I have over 1000 positive feedback, I wouldnt waste my time scamming people. The item was advertised as USED and my pictures show the scuffs. Im not refunding for this.".  His last response before opening a claim was, "U piece of shit your photo was not clear go away u s…".............so naturally Ebay sides with him and he gets to return it! HOW IN THE fuck AM I IN THE WRONG HERE?! ITS NOT MY PROBLEM HES BLIND IN ONE EYE AND HAS 40% VISION IN THE OTHER EYE! If your vision is that bad maybe you should ask for more pictures or have someone else look at the item before you buy it! #EbayLovesSuckingThatBuyerDick /rant

To prepare for an upcoming move at the time, I was selling quite a bit of stuff and had two clear scammers try to get refunds on items that "went missing". First guy was over some 3-pack amiibo he claimed was never delivered; can't find it so he's going to ask for a refund. I push back and ask is the address it was delivered to correct. No response, and never to be heard from again. Whatever, putz.

Other guy was over a $4 MTG Arena code they never got, which was clearly messaged to them literally a minute after the order came through to me. I resent it but they had already opened a request that put the payment on hold. eBay keeps harassing me over it despite having responded, so I put in a BS tracking number just to keep the exception open and not in their favor. After a month of no response from the buyer, they finally closed it. I swear, trying to rob a guy over $4 is a new low for me in selling. I wouldn't even miss it but it was the principle and reputation on the line that I even bothered.

Feels good swatting both these shitlords down so they got fucked at their own game.

I had another guy buy a PS2 game from me. The Ghost In The Shell that goes for $50-$60. He tries to tell me the disc and booklet are in very nice condition but the case and artwork are "honestly bad" / "substandard" and he was wanting to return it...... everything about this game was near mint! I said, "you know that has double sided art right? The one side just looks like early 2000s 3d. It's suppose to be like that." Never heard from the guy again. It's officially past the return time frame as of yesterday.

Update on the baseball helmet- guy didn't provide any evidence he sent it back so Ebay closed the case..... I get home from work and wouldnt you know it the helmet was delivered today. 

Guy just left me 2 negatives because the 2 PS2 games he bought had a dryer sheet in them.... I hate Buyers so much! No they weren't "stored in a sewer" or "unpleasant"! It keeps my 100s of games fresh while they sit on the shelf waiting to be sold! I put a sheet between the artwork and the case. Never had anyone else complain.

Edit- watch out for this guy. He responded back saying hes never had anything like this happen "in 20 years of using Ebay".... he has 13 feedback since 2016 and literally just changed his name on there! Currently its "kickstand1995". Earlier it was something else!

Had an account that was made four days ago buy something from me, he then proceeded to open a "item arrived damage" case, eBay proceeded to close it as soon as I called which was within minutes.

Now his account is either deleted or he changed his ID, I click on his name and get "user not found"

[attachment=37371:Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 10.34.15 PM.png][attachment=37374:Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 10.57.51 PM.png][attachment=37372:Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 11.21.05 PM.png][attachment=37373:Screen Shot 2022-10-03 at 11.39.48 PM.png]

Haha fucking dumbass is trying to get a return for an as is PS3 he got for $20 shipped! Listed as "For Parts or Not working" and I mentioned no HDD and showed a picture of the empty HDD tray! I swear to Jebus these people are getting dumber and dumber! How tf does he think he's going to win that case?! You didn't read the description or even look at all the pictures!

Sold some books that I shipped on 12/14. Originally USPS tracking said they were going to arrive on 12/20 and now when you go to tracking it says package running late. Buyer emails me today saying "was supposed to arrive yesterday, what is going on!". I respond saying "tracking shows package running late. It is the holiday season and the USPS is busy so don't know what you expect me to do" Mind you the books still have like another week to arrive before they are considered late. He then files a complaint with ebay saying they never arrived and that since I got the money I don't care anymore. This buyer has almost 500 positive feedback and they are acting like they've never dealt with the post office before. It's like I don't have control over the post office to make your package arrive sooner. 

Sold some books that I shipped on 12/14. Originally USPS tracking said they were going to arrive on 12/20 and now when you go to tracking it says package running late. Buyer emails me today saying "was supposed to arrive yesterday, what is going on!". I respond saying "tracking shows package running late. It is the holiday season and the USPS is busy so don't know what you expect me to do" Mind you the books still have like another week to arrive before they are considered late. He then files a complaint with ebay saying they never arrived and that since I got the money I don't care anymore. This buyer has almost 500 positive feedback and they are acting like they've never dealt with the post office before. It's like I don't have control over the post office to make your package arrive sooner.
Completely irrational. Sorry you have to deal with it.

I've had a few people asking a day or two after purchase why they haven't received the package, but they never respond after that and the item is delivered a day or two later.

Completely irrational. Sorry you have to deal with it.

I've had a few people asking a day or two after purchase why they haven't received the package, but they never respond after that and the item is delivered a day or two later.
Even better is that today the tracking shows it is out for delivery and the buyer still messages me this morning saying "this is your responsibility it better arrive by christmas or I will be letting ebay know!!". All for $20 of books and it was free shipping.

Update:

Now they just left me negative feedback: "You do not want to buy from this person they are very rude and when you buy a item from them you do get it by the shipping date they give. Because I sent them a message about the item not arriving they put me on the blocked buyers list. It would not of matter about not getting the item on time but I was getting items I bought way after buying from them and besides they had their money so I wanted my items. Order on Dec. 11th and still did not have it on Dec. 22nd."

Not really sure how they can leave me feedback already considering the item has tracking that was uploaded to ebay and it's not even close to the cutoff date on when it needs to be delivered by.

Yeah I hate to be rude to these Buyers but the entitlement is getting worse and worse! Your item isnt coming from Ebay or Amazon or Walmart or Target ETC ETC! Its usually coming from a small seller who does Ebay on the side! IT WILL ARRIVE WHEN IT ARRIVES! AND TAKE IT UP WITH THE COURIER NOT ME! Its not like we're the ones delivering packages!

Just this month- Guy from Georgia (the country) has lost 3 different claims because HE had the wrong FORWARDING ADDRESS in his account when I printed the shipping label. I contacted Ebay/Fedex and they wouldnt change it on the package for "Security Reasons"....even though all they had to do was have a Fedex person write an "8" on the address line! It was delivered somewhere on that street and since he used a forwarding address he gets no Buyer Protection.

The PS3 guy who cant read or look at pictures was actually allowed to return the PS3! HOW TF IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! It was exactly as described, "For part or not working"- condition. "Missing harddrive and harddrive cover". His complaint was it didnt work, there was something rattling inside, and "theres no HDD". I havent seen any confirmation that he has sent it back though.

And 3rd guy bought a Casio 61 key keyboard. Sends me a message saying he is thinking about returning it "at your cost" because of damage during shipping. I ask for pics and he sends 2 (after opening a return case because it was the only way he could figure out how to upload pics). Its literally a small oval piece of plastic on the bottom that broke off. Like the cleanest break ever! I offered him $10 for some super glue and told him it had no affect on the functionality of the keyboard. He didnt say anything, claim is still open. I even bumped it up to $15 and said "I know you dont want to deal with sending that back, how about just taking the partial refund and calling it a day. Sorry it got damaged but I dont see this as a returnable situation". Still no response  3 days later.........hopefully Ebay just closes it soon.

Sorry to hear all those bad seller stories.

This is why I stopped selling on ebay years ago. It's just not worth it for me.

Just this month- Guy from Georgia (the country) has lost 3 different claims because HE had the wrong FORWARDING ADDRESS in his account when I printed the shipping label. I contacted Ebay/Fedex and they wouldnt change it on the package for "Security Reasons"....even though all they had to do was have a Fedex person write an "8" on the address line! It was delivered somewhere on that street and since he used a forwarding address he gets no Buyer Protection.
That's how shipping protection has always worked. Changing the address from what they put their shipping to loses all forms of insurance protection.

And 3rd guy bought a Casio 61 key keyboard. Sends me a message saying he is thinking about returning it "at your cost" because of damage during shipping.
If it broke during shipping, it's on you. It's what the couple dollars of insurance is for.

I decided that while Christmas would be a great time to list items and move stuff I need to get rid of, it was smarter to just relax and enjoy not dealing with shitters. Next year I'll finally take time to list all this stuff and sell to people serious about collecting and not just gifts that they might be stupid about.

Elessar123- I mean Ebay sided with me on the Georgia guy 3 times so Im not complaining. I was just trying to help him out, Ebay/Fedex could see it was going to an address on the same street and it also had a Unit Number. Youd think they could put 2 and 2 together and it wouldnt be that big of a deal.

I see you didnt have anything to say about the BS that is the PS3 story!

And I understand how insurance works, but if I got a used long ass Casio 61 key keyboard in the mail and the only problem was a tiny piece of plastic on the bottom chipped off I wouldve sent the seller a pic and said "hey this happened during shipping....no biggie just letting you know. The keyboard works fine." I wouldnt send a 1st message with no pics like his, "This was damaged during shipping because you didnt use enough bubble wrap! Thinking about returning it at your cost." I asked for pics thinking it was like some major ass damage and it was literally a tiny circle of plastic on the bottom corner! I offered him $10 for some super glue.....didnt hear anything for 4 days.....offered $15 and told him I know he doesnt want to deal with sending it back. He accepted the $15 yesterday and Ebay closed the return.

With that being said.......man I did not ship out anywhere close to the amount of items I expected for the holiday season! Probably the least productive shipping season in years for me. Nobody seems to want console/game bundles anymore. I try to advertise them as "starter" bundles. I cant remember ever sitting on NES, SNES, N64 bundles this long. PS2/Xbox360 have been slow sellers for me for awhile so I usually end up trading those in at the local store.

Even better is that today the tracking shows it is out for delivery and the buyer still messages me this morning saying "this is your responsibility it better arrive by christmas or I will be letting ebay know!!". All for $20 of books and it was free shipping.

Update:

Now they just left me negative feedback: "You do not want to buy from this person they are very rude and when you buy a item from them you do get it by the shipping date they give. Because I sent them a message about the item not arriving they put me on the blocked buyers list. It would not of matter about not getting the item on time but I was getting items I bought way after buying from them and besides they had their money so I wanted my items. Order on Dec. 11th and still did not have it on Dec. 22nd."

Not really sure how they can leave me feedback already considering the item has tracking that was uploaded to ebay and it's not even close to the cutoff date on when it needs to be delivered by.
Thankfully ebay agreed with me and removed the negative feedback. This buyer was a lunatic. Item was shipped media mail on Dec 14th and arrived on Dec 23 which was way before the date ebay required. Even after he gave me the negative feedback he sent another few unhinged messages saying I had his money and didn't care anymore. I just didn't respond. Glad it is done with.

Had someone leave me positive feedback recently but put this as the comment "It came a day later than expected date but it really aint a big deal for me, I just thought I’d be honest so…"

Another buyer who has tons of feedback who doesn't understand how the seller doesn't control the post office. 

Had someone leave me positive feedback recently but put this as the comment "It came a day later than expected date but it really aint a big deal for me, I just thought I’d be honest so…"

Another buyer who has tons of feedback who doesn't understand how the seller doesn't control the post office.
Everyone by now should know the the post office is fucked up.

bread's done
Back