The General eBay Rant Thread

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!

I had someone leave me a negative feedback many years ago saying the cover of the game case was faded. There was (of course) pictures of the game showing any and all wear. I also stated this fading in the description. Never ceases to amaze me what some people can't comprehend.

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!
Sir, this is a Wendy's...

Stop! There is no reason for anyone under the age of 40 to not be tech savvy enough to plug a thing into a tv! There are tons of Youtube videos if you cant figure it out....as simple as the task is! The person buying this is probably someone who had a Genesis or is a gamer and most likely tech savvy! The point of my post was if they read the description of whats included instead of just looking at the picture they would have their answer!If
If you aren't willing/able to deal with people of various degrees of inteligence/knowledge of what you are selling then I suggest you don't sell to individuals and just deal with pawn shops or places like Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always something! Lady sent me a message and said she wasnt leaving any feedback because her beer stein had a little black mark at the bottom and a "nick" in the paint on the top......... ITS 37 YEARS OLD! These were hand painted, obviously marks that had been there since Day 1! Never once did I claim the stein to be pristine mint condition! Never once did she ask for more pictures. The fact that the stein arrived in 1 piece in 2 days should be enough for a Positive feedback! Its like if I removed the Positive I left her because she didnt pay right away! Bitch is going on the blocked list.

eBay has just been glitched out lately.

Had a buyer cancel an order. I was refunded listing fee but still shows I need to ship. It is also listed under cancelled listings and I am unable to select cancel myself.

Also have a buyer return they initiated on may 6. They never shipped and eBay gave them until 6/3 to ship. It is just annoying they haven’t closed it out yet. Pre covid they would just close case after a week if buyer doesn’t ship back. The reason they wanted to return: LEGO set I sold built had pieces come apart in shipment.

In regard to feedback, as a seller I quit giving feedback until they leave some for me.

You get tired of only 4/10 buyers leaving feedback....and you guessed it now only about 4/10 get feedback from me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In regard to feedback, as a seller I quit giving feedback until they leave some for me.

You get tired of only 4/10 buyers leaving feedback....and you guessed it now only about 4/10 get feedback from me ;)
I have been doing that for the past 15 years. I had left over 300 more feedback before I realized I was hardly getting any back. Feedback is more important for the seller to give the buyer more confidence in buying from that seller. I almost want to say it can get as low as 25% of buyers leaving feedback for me at times. Whatever, a sale is a sale.

Lady just sent me a message about the Pokemon 20th Anniversary plush she bought.... complaining about the dented bag it comes in....that's quite obvious in my pics..... and she called it dusty and musty.... ouch! Never had anything called musty!

7/8/20- still have that Negative on my account and ..........ANOTHER NEGATIVE..........wtf is going on with these Buyers?! In the past 16 years of selling on there Ive only ever received 1 negative and got Ebay to remove it. Now Ive got 2 in less than 3 weeks! Sold one of those DonJoy cold therapy machines, item was tested with an ac adapter and pad I had for another machine then cleaned. I bought a brand new ac adapter and XL cold pad for it before selling it. I took their offer which was $50 under my listed price. They get it and said it doesnt pump water. I tell them it worked before I shipped it out and I dont offer refunds. I offered them a few tips to try and they said they were talking to DonJoy about it. They even said they didnt want a refund or return, "we just want a working machine as advertised". I ended up offering half the cost back just to cover the cost of the brand new pad.....they accepted.....then left a negative. Im now worried about anything I ship out at this point! Its crazy!

Moron left a neutral because the 20 year old PC game he bought wouldn't install on his modern PC. Sent him a link about getting it going on Windows 10. Didn't hear back from him so I assumed it worked. See the netural this morning that just says "disappointed". Maybe do some fucking research or ask questions before buying stuff! 

Moron left a neutral because the 20 year old PC game he bought wouldn't install on his modern PC. Sent him a link about getting it going on Windows 10. Didn't hear back from him so I assumed it worked. See the netural this morning that just says "disappointed". Maybe do some fucking research or ask questions before buying stuff!
Better than the retards that force a return for it. Happened twice for me. Good thing neither were very expensive, but it's fucking annoying.

If you are selling, I suggest putting a disclaimer in your listing that items may arrive after the estimated delivery date or changing your handling time. Both items I have bought and sold are running into major delays. I bought something on November 18th, shipped on November 21st First Class and it just got delivered yesterday. The 2 items I sent out last Wednesday still haven't gotten to the sorting facility an hour away.

If you are selling, I suggest putting a disclaimer in your listing that items may arrive after the estimated delivery date or changing your handling time. Both items I have bought and sold are running into major delays. I bought something on November 18th, shipped on November 21st First Class and it just got delivered yesterday. The 2 items I sent out last Wednesday still haven't gotten to the sorting facility an hour away.
OR stop using USPS. Hell, even Smartpost/Surepost is better than straight USPS at this point since the local post offices aren't really the issue. I had a package hit the sorting facility an hour from here on the 26th but didn't get delivered until yesterday. I'm glad almost everything I order lately is delivered by Amazon vans. I can't stand ordering from anywhere else now.

I work right by a post office, I'm not going to use something else. People will get their precious packages eventually. It does suck when I pay for priority 2 day and its getting there a week later.... but I know they're very understaffed right now because of Covid yet still getting slammed by the usual Holiday crowd.

Barely anyone leaves feedback on eBay anymore so I also won't go out of my way to give buyers better service. If I'm not entitled to feedback then you're also not entitled to same day shipping, extra packaging, honest descriptions, etc. I get no feedback either way so I don't care anymore, I'll ship out in a few days when I get to it like every other seller if there's no appreciation from the buyers for going out of the way to have better service.
and that's just going to lead to negative feedback for being lazy. I also hate feedback whores that bug me for it. If you have 99 or 100% positive, than enjoy it. That's what people mostly look at. Anything that takes more than a week results in a negative from me. I won't even order from people who offer "economy" shipping as their only option whether it's free or not. I don't want free shipping. I want good shipping. Everyone is aware of what a shit show the post office is and people still don't offer priority mail to those willing to pay for it. Is it really that hard to print a priority mail label instead of a shitty media mail one??? I won't hesitate to raise hell when I don't receive things fast. At this point, I hate having to order anything that's not Amazon Prime fulfilled.

Sorry to burst your bubble but priority is slow as shit right now. My PS5 took a month and a half to get to me priority and it sat in hubs for weeks at a time.
Interesting. I ordered some kontrol freak caps I couldn't get from Amazon and a DVD and both showed up in a few days. Only order I've had issues with lately is Paypal but not ebay. I just started the process to dispute it. I bitched at the shop directly last week and it's been another week with zero order updates.

Imagine leaving a Seller a Negative because USPS delivered your non necessity package from Ebay later than expected! Some of us do pay for Priority but once the package is out of our hands..........ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS!  You can knock the shipping speed stars down if you want but dont be an asshole because it arrived late! Especially if it arrives in the condition its suppose to be in.

Imagine leaving a Seller a Negative because USPS delivered your non necessity package from Ebay later than expected! Some of us do pay for Priority but once the package is out of our hands..........ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS! You can knock the shipping speed stars down if you want but dont be an asshole because it arrived late! Especially if it arrives in the condition its suppose to be in.
I think you can work with ebay to get the feedback removed since they did mentioned that they are aware of the postal office issue on the seller dashboard. Also the USPS might get even more worst. Dejoy is trying to get rid of first class mail.

Imagine leaving a Seller a Negative because USPS delivered your non necessity package from Ebay later than expected! Some of us do pay for Priority but once the package is out of our hands..........ITS OUT OF OUR HANDS! You can knock the shipping speed stars down if you want but dont be an asshole because it arrived late! Especially if it arrives in the condition its suppose to be in.
The seller is choosing to deal with USPS. It's on them. Even Surepost/Smartpost would be better than standard USPS options because it bypasses the sorting centers where everything is getting held up. I'd be inclined to just spring for UPS ground though if it were an option. Sellers want to be lazy and refuse to work around the constant USPS shit show, they deserve negatives.

I work right by a USPS........thats what Im gonna use! Im sure the majority of sellers use USPS. Nothing to do with laziness! You sound like one of those tools that would leave a negative review on Amazon if your box came damaged or arrived late! Even though that review section is for the item itself! Whats your Ebay username so I can be sure to add you to my blocked list? I wouldnt want to even deal with you!

I work right by a USPS........thats what Im gonna use! Im sure the majority of sellers use USPS. Nothing to do with laziness! You sound like one of those tools that would leave a negative review on Amazon if your box came damaged or arrived late! Even though that review section is for the item itself! Whats your Ebay username so I can be sure to add you to my blocked list? I wouldnt want to even deal with you!
That's the definition of laziness. Boo-hoo. UPS/FedEx are farther away. People like you have no business selling at all.

The seller lists what option they ship, you don't like it don't buy. You agree to the listing including the shipping method when you pay. If the seller ships the method they originally stated and in a timely matter and the shipping method they use is slow that's not on them. It's on the company that handles the shipping and on you since you still bought it even though you didn't like the method they use. You're literally bitching about something you were well aware of AFTER the fact of agreeing to it.

Thanks Karen.

The seller lists what option they ship, you don't like it don't buy. You agree to the listing including the shipping method when you pay. If the seller ships the method they originally stated and in a timely matter and the shipping method they use is slow that's not on them. It's on the company that handles the shipping and on you since you still bought it even though you didn't like the method they use. You're literally bitching about something you were well aware of AFTER the fact of agreeing to it.

Thanks Karen.
You act like there's a fucking choice when it's something OOP and hard to find, which is the only time I use ebay to begin with. I only resort to ebay when I can't get something through Amazon fulfilled sellers.

You act like there's a fucking choice when it's something OOP and hard to find, which is the only time I use ebay to begin with. I only resort to ebay when I can't get something through Amazon fulfilled sellers.
Oh well life's hard. You don't get to dictate what the seller does after they list the item. You can message them and ask but they have no obligation to do so. You are not entitled to get your way every time. And you do have a choice, DON'T GET THE ITEM. Damn Karen

Oh well life's hard. You don't get to dictate what the seller does after they list the item. You can message them and ask but they have no obligation to do so. You are not entitled to get your way every time. And you do have a choice, DON'T GET THE ITEM. Damn Karen
Or I can order and include a note offering to pay extra for better shipping. If they ignore me and the shit doesn't show up by the date Ebay promised, I promptly file dispute. I have zero patience for late shipments.

Or I can order and include a note offering to pay extra for better shipping. If they ignore me and the shit doesn't show up by the date Ebay promised, I promptly file dispute. I have zero patience for late shipments.
So you ask them to ship it a different method AFTER you buy it, if you pay extra. If they choose not to and the date eBay (who has no control over what the shipping method does) you dispute it.

fuck Karen you give Karen's a bad name.

Anyone else just not selling anything? I have 300 listings and can't even average 1 package a day shipped. Need them stimulus checks to start rolling out!

Anyone else just not selling anything? I have 300 listings and can't even average 1 package a day shipped. Need them stimulus checks to start rolling out!
No,nothing is selling. Also, when did ebay start charging a final value fee on shipping? Now you might as well offer free shipping.

My advice is that if anyone sends questions that are already in the description, asks about returning it if it doesn't work before even buying it, or ask for discounts or just sound annoying then block them immediately. After blocking tons of these types of people I have not received any returns, negative or neutral feedback in years. I block anyone who I suspect is an idiot very quickly and it has paid off for me. In the past I thought I would help them out but it always backfired.

Put up that as is GBASP 101, "ASIS PLEASE READ" in the title..... took until the 5th person to actually sell it because people clicked Buy It Now then read the description! Like I was going to sell a working 101 for $50! Been selling since 2004 morons! I know how to look up Recently Sold items!

It seems like very few people read descriptions or look at pictures other than the first picture.

My advice is that if anyone sends questions that are already in the description, asks about returning it if it doesn't work before even buying it, or ask for discounts or just sound annoying then block them immediately. After blocking tons of these types of people I have not received any returns, negative or neutral feedback in years. I block anyone who I suspect is an idiot very quickly and it has paid off for me. In the past I thought I would help them out but it always backfired.
I do the same thing. Yeah I might miss out on a potential sale but it’s not worth it to me if they are going to be trouble or I have to accept a return and lose the shipping costs and return shipping.

I would rather lose a few bucks and sell to a good buyer who won't cause problems then deal with returns, picky feedback, or a person just being a total pain in the ass and causing stress for me. It's like when people say you can make more money selling on Amazon. Not really. Sometimes you do, but then it's offset by the fact that you can't block buyers so you're guaranteed to run into scammers, liars, and idiots who end up causing you to lose money. I also hate selling to collectors because they're often total socially inept jerks who make up problems in order to get partial refunds. The good thing is that collectors in my experience usually ask really annoying questions before buying and I can check their feedback. In my experience "collectors" tend to leave lots of negatives and neutrals for petty reasons and when they do leave a positive it's usually backhanded so that's another good way to avoid people by just looking at the way they treat other sellers.

I would rather lose a few bucks and sell to a good buyer who won't cause problems then deal with returns, picky feedback, or a person just being a total pain in the ass and causing stress for me. It's like when people say you can make more money selling on Amazon. Not really. Sometimes you do, but then it's offset by the fact that you can't block buyers so you're guaranteed to run into scammers, liars, and idiots who end up causing you to lose money. I also hate selling to collectors because they're often total socially inept jerks who make up problems in order to get partial refunds. The good thing is that collectors in my experience usually ask really annoying questions before buying and I can check their feedback. In my experience "collectors" tend to leave lots of negatives and neutrals for petty reasons and when they do leave a positive it's usually backhanded so that's another good way to avoid people by just looking at the way they treat other sellers.
This is why I long ago stopped selling games on eBay. It's not worth the trouble anymore for me. I still use eBay to buy stuff, but usually brand new only.

This is why I long ago stopped selling games on eBay. It's not worth the trouble anymore for me. I still use eBay to buy stuff, but usually brand new only.
When I was collecting Xbox360 games, I negged a lot of sellers on both ebay and Amazon for listing games as "Like New" and sending me shit with scratches and rental stickers.

Yeah that can be annoying. When I go to sell a game it is frustrating that I try to accurately list a game's condition but because I list is as acceptable if it's cartridge only or a disc that has some scratches, it doesn't sell or sell as fast when someone else with a game in the same condition lists it as good or very good for a higher price and their listing sells. The worst is when a game is opened or "played only once" and it's listed as brand new.

General questions for eBay people.

My wife is trying to start an Etsy business. Neither of us have dealt with shipping things to people like this before, so we're both unsure about it all.

Where do you get cheap shipping supplies? And how do you cheaply ship things out?

Depends on what she needs, but USPS First Class shipment prices went way up in the last couple of years. Used to be able to ship 1 lb for like $3, now it's closer to $6-7.

Bubble mailers also went up a bit in the last 2 years. Was under $20 for 100, now it's $25-30.

Boxes went from $7 for 25 to $15 for 25 to now $21 for 25.

Short answer is, prices for shipping costs pretty much at least doubled in the last 2-3 years.

I usually do the cheapest option at the post office honestly. Especially right now when 3 day priority isnt getting delivered to some places for 2 weeks! Refunded a guy on Ebay yesterday because the package I shipped out 3/20/21 still hasnt been delivered. Packaging- I reuse envelopes, boxes, newspapers. I only purchase tape and the Scotch bubble wrap rolls from Amazon.

And now my rant, the reason I came here! Dude left a negative because apparently the PS2 game I sold him didnt work..........didnt bother contacting me first..........and hes had it for 27 days......GTFOH! Probably is wasted time but you know I sent a complaint in!

I bought two games from a power seller and had to leave two negatives because one game case was empty and the other was scratched up when he said it was like new. I tried to fix it with the seller but he kept playing games instead and kept saying he will refund me in a few days and then delaying it over and over, it went on for weeks probably because he thought I was dumb and would be able to delay it until the return window was over. He only refunded me after I opened a case against him. I didn't curse or break their rules but I checked a few days later and not only were both of the negatives I left removed along with many other negatives from other buyers. So you can't trust power sellers because eBay can just remove their negatives which is bullshit.

I bought two games from a power seller and had to leave two negatives because one game case was empty and the other was scratched up when he said it was like new. I tried to fix it with the seller but he kept playing games instead and kept saying he will refund me in a few days and then delaying it over and over, it went on for weeks probably because he thought I was dumb and would be able to delay it until the return window was over. He only refunded me after I opened a case against him. I didn't curse or break their rules but I checked a few days later and not only were both of the negatives I left removed along with many other negatives from other buyers. So you can't trust power sellers because eBay can just remove their negatives which is bullshit.
edit - nevermind

General questions for eBay people.

My wife is trying to start an Etsy business. Neither of us have dealt with shipping things to people like this before, so we're both unsure about it all.

Where do you get cheap shipping supplies? And how do you cheaply ship things out?
If weight of items are typically over 1lb, go to town with boxes from USPS. They are free but are all priority. If you have small heavy items make sure to grab flat rates as well.

Etsy should offer discounted rates like eBay. But then again there is a PayPal link (google PayPal shipping link and save it to favorites) that you can use to print labels at same price as using eBay.

If you think you may use Ups/fedex then save those Amazon boxes. You may find yourself hoarding boxes from stuff you buy online.

Sales are super slow! Havent shipped anything out in almost 2 weeks! The ladies at the post office are probably worried about me!

Refunded my 2nd item in the past month thanks to USPS not scanning or losing packages. Can we please get that douche bag Dejoy fired?! They need those sorting machines back!

So let me get this straight, Ebay is now taking OVER 10% final value fees Plus 30 cents per sale? I know there are no more PayPal fees but this may be even worse.

bread's done
Back