The General eBay Rant Thread

Okay this is the weirdest shit I've EVER had happen to me. I'm the BUYER in this situation BTW. Try to stay with me:

Seller 1: Has a Best Buy gift card for sale. It's an auction so I email them and ask if I win, can I get the code emailed to me ASAP because a sale I need to grab was ending. User responds and says they will do it for me. I end up losing the auction.

Seller 2: Seller has the same exact gift card, same exact listing, down to the letter. This one is a buy it now, which I do. I then email the seller the same message asking for the pin and code.

Now here we go: right after emailing seller #2 I get an email with a "here you go!!!" and the card and pin. I thank them and use it. I promptly leave feedback and all is done.

Next I get another email about the gift card, this time from Seller #2. It says "Actually, I was reading eBay rules and I'm going to mail it to you." Now I say to myself "okay he's just being safe, I'd do the same thing." I receive the card in the mail a few days later and discard it.

Fast forward to today and I get an email from Seller #1. "I'm REPORTING YOU TO EBAY FOR ACTING LIKE YOU WON AUCTION!!!!" Ummmmm okay WTF, I'm confused as hell. Turns out, this first seller forwarded me the winning gift card from the auction I DIDN'T WIN. Who the fuck is that stupid? This also means that I threw away a $25 gift card. I messaged the user back but they won't reply. What should I do?

Okay this is the weirdest shit I've EVER had happen to me. I'm the BUYER in this situation BTW. Try to stay with me:

Seller 1: Has a Best Buy gift card for sale. It's an auction so I email them and ask if I win, can I get the code emailed to me ASAP because a sale I need to grab was ending. User responds and says they will do it for me. I end up losing the auction.

Seller 2: Seller has the same exact gift card, same exact listing, down to the letter. This one is a buy it now, which I do. I then email the seller the same message asking for the pin and code.

Now here we go: right after emailing seller #2 I get an email with a "here you go!!!" and the card and pin. I thank them and use it. I promptly leave feedback and all is done.

Next I get another email about the gift card, this time from Seller #2. It says "Actually, I was reading eBay rules and I'm going to mail it to you." Now I say to myself "okay he's just being safe, I'd do the same thing." I receive the card in the mail a few days later and discard it.

Fast forward to today and I get an email from Seller #1. "I'm REPORTING YOU TO EBAY FOR ACTING LIKE YOU WON AUCTION!!!!" Ummmmm okay WTF, I'm confused as hell. Turns out, this first seller forwarded me the winning gift card from the auction I DIDN'T WIN. Who the fuck is that stupid? This also means that I threw away a $25 gift card. I messaged the user back but they won't reply. What should I do?
Try to find the gift card from the trash. If you cannot, reply to the seller and tell them that you threw away the gift card with money on it and if they remember the card number or have it copied down somewhere, then they can ask Best Buy to void the balance on it and send him a new gift card with the same amount on it. Otherwise, the stupid seller is out of luck. You're not at all at fault here.

Try to find the gift card from the trash. If you cannot, reply to the seller and tell them that you threw away the gift card with money on it and if they remember the card number or have it copied down somewhere, then they can ask Best Buy to void the balance on it and send him a new gift card with the same amount on it. Otherwise, the stupid seller is out of luck. You're not at all at fault here.
I contacted the seller and I searched everywhere and can't find it all. I hate my conscience but I'm not going negative over this guy's mess up. Not to mention this is almost 3 weeks later.

I contacted the seller and I searched everywhere and can't find it all. I hate my conscience but I'm not going negative over this guy's mess up. Not to mention this is almost 3 weeks later.
A few things....

1. Sellers can't leave buyers negative feedback.

2. You did not win the auction, they can contact ebay all they want and they won't side with them. Can you imagine it the email/phone call?

Ebay: Thank you for calling ebay how can I help you?

Seller: Yes...I have this guy who asked me to send him a digital code for a gift card digitally if he won. But...he didn't win and I still sent him the code digitally and he used it!!!
E: So you're saying the person didn't win it and you still gave them the code digitall?
S: Yes
E: Well first off we do not cover/protect digital sales. Second you did not sell it to them so why did you give them the code?
S: They tricked me!!!
E: How?
S: Um....THEY ARE A JEDI! No Seriously they said if they won it they wanted it that way, but...they didn't win it but I thought they did so I sent them the code.
E: So...you sent the code to the person who didn't win it and some how it is their fault?
S: Yes ok good you understand, thank you. How can we fix this?
E: We can't, you can contact the person and see if they will reimburse you but they are not bound to do so since they did nothing wrong. You sent them a code digitally which we do not cover and they also did not actually win the auction you just gave them the code...This is between you and them, we had no part in this.
Seriously I can understand if you want to make things right, nothing wrong with that. But he can't go to ebay and have you punished. There was no financial transaction between you two, he screwed up and ebay won't help him.

Imagine it a different way. Person sells an item on ebay, sends it to the wrong address. That person gets it and keeps it. Ebay or the USPS won't go to that person and be like "give it back it isn't yours!"

So how did Seller #1 even get your mailing address to begin with? If you did not win his auction he should not have been able to see it.

Does anybody know anything about the Global Shipping Program not working when selling to someone in Australia? I've sold quite a few items internationally this past month. Twice to Italy. Once to Russia. Once to New Zealand. All times I've used the Global Shipping Program and gotten the usual rates. Less than $3 for First Class mail. Less than $4 for Media Mail. For shipping to Australia, the Global Shipping rates are not there. First Class is $21. Priority Mail is $97 for a Large Rate Box.

The only clue I have to go on is that when I ship to the GSP, the place where the item is going to is the base for where the GSP near me is. Which is Einhander, Kentucky. Every item that I ship to the program goes there as the Paypal address. But not for Australia buyers. This happened to me twice before. Anybody know something?

Does anybody know anything about the Global Shipping Program not working when selling to someone in Australia? I've sold quite a few items internationally this past month. Twice to Italy. Once to Russia. Once to New Zealand. All times I've used the Global Shipping Program and gotten the usual rates. Less than $3 for First Class mail. Less than $4 for Media Mail. For shipping to Australia, the Global Shipping rates are not there. First Class is $21. Priority Mail is $97 for a Large Rate Box.

The only clue I have to go on is that when I ship to the GSP, the place where the item is going to is the base for where the GSP near me is. Which is Einhander, Kentucky. Every item that I ship to the program goes there as the Paypal address. But not for Australia buyers. This happened to me twice before. Anybody know something?
The deal with that is, you are sending the item to a eBay facility. You send it to them, your part is done. GSP handles the rest.

The deal with that is, you are sending the item to a eBay facility. You send it to them, your part is done. GSP handles the rest.
I know that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking why I am unable to send them to the eBay facility for mail being sent to Australia. Any item I sell in Australia I cannot send to the eBay facility for the low price. There's only the option to send it directly to Australia for $30+.

I know that. That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking why I am unable to send them to the eBay facility for mail being sent to Australia. Any item I sell in Australia I cannot send to the eBay facility for the low price. There's only the option to send it directly to Australia for $30+.
Maybe Australia doesn't allow that or there is no base for tax reasons.

So, I had a Ms. Marvel figure up for the past 6-8 months for $12 BIN. No interest from anybody. eBay gives their penny listing promo so I make an auction for the same amount with a $40 BIN option added. Listing lasted less than 24 hours.

So, I had a Ms. Marvel figure up for the past 6-8 months for $12 BIN. No interest from anybody. eBay gives their penny listing promo so I make an auction for the same amount with a $40 BIN option added. Listing lasted less than 24 hours.
Wtf? You got a listing promo? Has anyone else gotten one recently? I've gone months now without one.

Wtf? You got a listing promo? Has anyone else gotten one recently? I've gone months now without one.
Maybe it's because I had a store? Last weekend they sent me a "500 Listings for $0.01 each" promo. Was supposed to be for both auction and BIN, but for whatever reason it only applied for auctions.

I'll post here since there is no Amazon Rant Thread.

I sold a PSP and shipped it. Almost 24 hours after the order was placed I receive an order cancellation request from the buyer saying he bought it by accident. Now what should I do?

I sold a PSP and shipped it. Almost 24 hours after the order was placed I receive an order cancellation request from the buyer saying he bought it by accident. Now what should I do?
This is how I would handle it.

I would tell the buyer to refuse the package and I'll refund them when I get it back.

If it turns out they're trying to scam me and claim it never showed up, then I would make them file an A-to-z guarantee claim and present the evidence that I mailed it to the address given to me and it was shown as delivered and hope the rep has mercy on my soul.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would tell the buyer to refuse the package and I'll refund them when I get it back.

If it turns out they're trying to scam me and claim it never showed up, then I would make them file an A-to-z guarantee claim and present the evidence that I mailed it to the address given to me and it was shown as delivered and hope the rep has mercy on my soul.
Yep, have them write refused on the packaging and give it back to their carrier.

Or, depending on how it was shipped, you can have it recalled, but there's a fee attached to that.

Yep, have them write refused on the packaging and give it back to their carrier.

Or, depending on how it was shipped, you can have it recalled, but there's a fee attached to that.
Thanks for your responses. I'll do what you recommend and see what happens.

BTW, I used USPS First Class and bought the shipping on Amazon's own seller center.

[attachment=22731:image.jpeg]

What type of scam is this clown trying to pull? Already reported it to eBay.

$40 for a Sanwa parts fightstick at that :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg

What did you report? He just gave you a lowball offer. Pretty sure it's not a scam.

What did you report? He just gave you a lowball offer. Pretty sure it's not a scam.
He offered to buy it outside of ebay, to "save" fees for the seller and provide the seller zero protection if the buyer files a fraud claim via paypal. I know on Amazon that's against the rules, so I'd assume it's the same for ebay.

He offered to buy it outside of ebay, to "save" fees for the seller and provide the seller zero protection if the buyer files a fraud claim via paypal. I know on Amazon that's against the rules, so I'd assume it's the same for ebay.
haha, missed that. yup, report that bitch.

or you could tell him to pay you with family and friends to save even more money. JK, don't do that.

lol when/if he is banned I'll probably have another bedtime story to tell to CAG, like when that last asshole tried to scam me out of that FE Fates SE and he sent all of those emails talking "muh grandad's card," after eBay banned him. PayPal probably banned that Fates SE scammer since they had to refund me out of their pocket

So here is a story for everyone.  I'm sort of a dick in this one as well, so I'm not claiming I'm perfect.  

I bought 2 DVDs to flip to Amazon.  Would have been $40 -> $100.  When I received the DVDs I found out they were fakes.  Printing was slightly off, discs had names on the inner ring rather than a code, and when I put a disc into my comp the timestamp on the files were 4 years after the dvd had gone out of print.  It was a good fake, but a fake.  I said fuck it and YOLOed them to amazon and if they were rejected so be it, I'd return them to the seller.

Well, amazon rejected them, but for some reason they never got back to me.  After waiting a month I contacted amazon asking them if I could have the return tracking and they just gave me promo credit.  I don't make a habit of this, but I learned my lesson and wont send in dvds anymore.  

Anyway, I figured it was basically a win for me anyway, I got my amazon credit, but then I thought, fuck that guy for selling fake dvds.  I didn't try to get any money out of him, but I did leave negative feedback for fakes.  Then he wrote me.  Keep in mind that it starts from the bottom and goes up.

tumblr_o9nlt44cNn1spket1o1_1280.png

Yeah, I'm a liar, lol.  I really don't like leaving negative feedback, but every time I started to feel bad I remembered that this guy sells fake dvds.  I'm not the only person to leave negative feedback that says he sells fakes, btw.  Anyway, I decided that I'd change my feedback for a full refund and he decided that the two negs were worth less than my $40.  So be it.  

Yeah, I'm probably a dick in this scenario, but remember, that fucker is selling fake dvds.

So here is a story for everyone. I'm sort of a dick in this one as well, so I'm not claiming I'm perfect.

I bought 2 DVDs to flip to Amazon. Would have been $40 -> $100. When I received the DVDs I found out they were fakes. Printing was slightly off, discs had names on the inner ring rather than a code, and when I put a disc into my comp the timestamp on the files were 4 years after the dvd had gone out of print. It was a good fake, but a fake. I said fuck it and YOLOed them to amazon and if they were rejected so be it, I'd return them to the seller.

Well, amazon rejected them, but for some reason they never got back to me. After waiting a month I contacted amazon asking them if I could have the return tracking and they just gave me promo credit. I don't make a habit of this, but I learned my lesson and wont send in dvds anymore, I got my money back and got to keep the (fake)game.

Anyway, I figured it was basically a win for me anyway, I got my amazon credit, but then I thought, fuck that guy for selling fake dvds. I didn't try to get any money out of him, but I did leave negative feedback for fakes. Then he wrote me. Keep in mind that it starts from the bottom and goes up.

tumblr_o9nlt44cNn1spket1o1_1280.png

Yeah, I'm a liar, lol. I really don't like leaving negative feedback, but every time I started to feel bad I remembered that this guy sells fake dvds. I'm not the only person to leave negative feedback that says he sells fakes, btw. Anyway, I decided that I'd change my feedback for a full refund and he decided that the two negs were worth less than my $40. So be it.

Yeah, I'm probably a dick in this scenario, but remember, that fucker is selling fake dvds.
I'd put the icing on the cake and report him to ebay for selling fakes, possibly getting his account suspended/banned. fuck people like that.

I dealt with a guy a few years ago on Amazon that was selling fake DS games (I posted on CAG about it the Super Princess Peach I bought). This guy had multiple feedbacks about games not working on DSi systems (a telltale sign of a fake), but people still gave him positive/neutral since he fully refunded.

I called the guy out on him selling fakes via PM, he faked ignorance (much like your guy) and offered me a full refund if I'll ship the game back to him and not leave a negative. I ended up reporting the guy to both Amazon and Nintendo, and I filed an A-Z on top of it. A few days later, his storefront was gone.

I'm normally not a dick about bad sellers - if you make a mistake and own up to it, I'll let it go. But this guy was getting 30+ feedback a day, so you know he was making decent money scamming people with fake bullshit, based on that amount of traffic.

As far as you passing the buck, knowing the movies were fake, I'm going to look the other way. :whistle2:

I have a 0 tolerance on bootlegs myself. I mind piracy way, way less than bootleg. At least in one, you're not stealing actual money that's available for the content owner.

Yeah, it is because it doesn't make eBay any money. If eBay could have an enforceable rule where everyone had to buy the majority of the things they buy daily only on eBay and that everyone had to spend at least $200 a month on eBay, you know they would have a rule like that.

Conducting a transaction outside of eBay is against no rules but eBay's own shitfest rules. And it is safe to do. There's a reason why they have a "Pay for goods and Services" feature on there. It's designed to protect buyers and sellers. Now was that guy a scammer? Almost 100% yes. He was clearly up to something. But conducting a transaction outside of eBay isn't as dangerous as one thinks.

Well, so much for the "sell all you want and only pay $20 in fees" promo last month.  I just got my invoice for the month of June and it's almost $50.  Not a huge amount, by any means, but when I'm sent a promo and activate it, I'd expect the invoice to be a lot closer than the promised amount.

I guess I'm going to be calling them on Tuesday and having it out.  Ugh...

Tired of people wasting my time recently! Guy won my Xbox One auction last Sunday, I send him an email on Weds saying its been boxed up and ready to ship out whenever he pays. He says he didnt even know he won and hed pay on Friday.........yeah okay its not like Ebay didnt email you right away that you won........he ends up paying for it Saturday nite at 11:25 so its not going out until my lunch break tomorrow.

Then I had someone win the auction for my wireless Xbox 360 microphone last nite.......just to email today saying he already bought one from someone else. Then why did you outbid someone!? Now im waiting for him to accept the cancellation so I can contact the other guy and see if hes still interested.

I fully know I was being a scumbag. Amazon trade ins can be a seductive mistress.
I wouldn’t go as far as to say you were an asshole in this. You bought and item and it was not as described. You weren’t totally up front about how you discovered the DVD’s were fake but the main issue was communicated clearly and appropriately. I agree with sp00ge here, selling counterfeits (especially with a history) should get that guy terminated on eBay. He’s clearly profiting off a shady practice and it needs to be reported.

Tired of people wasting my time recently! Guy won my Xbox One auction last Sunday, I send him an email on Weds saying its been boxed up and ready to ship out whenever he pays. He says he didnt even know he won and hed pay on Friday.........yeah okay its not like Ebay didnt email you right away that you won........he ends up paying for it Saturday nite at 11:25 so its not going out until my lunch break tomorrow.

Then I had someone win the auction for my wireless Xbox 360 microphone last nite.......just to email today saying he already bought one from someone else. Then why did you outbid someone!? Now im waiting for him to accept the cancellation so I can contact the other guy and see if hes still interested.
It doesn’t happen often but I will occasionally run into people like that too. Usually it’s because they link their purchases to their debit cards and wait until they get paid. It’s a little inconvenient but at least he came through with payment. As for the mic, you can just go ahead and sell it to the next guy because the first guy already told you how he’ll back out of the transaction. I would just open an unpaid claim against him so that it “punishes” him though.

I hate that you can't charge actual shipping on Amazon.  I sold two identical lego sets, one to NY and one to CA.  Shipping to NY was $6 and shipping to CA was $12.  Amazon gives me $5.99 in shipping credit so there goes my profit. 

First ever negative experience with Global Shipping Program. Person left negative feedback saying GSP cost is way too high and it took 12 days. I called up eBay to get the feedback removed so all is good.

I was going to message buyer with a snarky comment to let them know I removed their feedback, but decided it wasn't worth the satisfaction. I understand GSP cost is high, but the answer is don't buy it not buy it and then complain it is expensive in feedback.

It has been almost a week since the package was delivered and still haven't heard back from the buyer. I'm not complaining, but he either decided to take it, or he sent it back and didn't message me... Weird either way.

Ok. WTF happened to Ebay's claim system? I made a purchase last week, which turned out to be knock off 360 controllers instead of the real thing. US seller. The listing in my purchase history has an odd message, and I haven't found a way to click through and simply file a claim like I normally do when someone rips me off. Only thing I could find is giving me the option to go through requesting a return. There used to be the option to flat out open a claim after contacting the seller. Do I have to file a claim through paypal directly now, or am I missing something?

We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

When did the Chinese have stores in the US? Bought a "stainless" steel silver ring from an Amazon seller in the US and the shit was rusted as soon as I got it. The name in the parcel was Chinese as well :face palm:

When did the Chinese have stores in the US? Bought a "stainless" steel silver ring from an Amazon seller in the US and the shit was rusted as soon as I got it. The name in the parcel was Chinese as well :face palm:
Amazon opened the doors to China-based sellers a year or two ago and it's been awful for many sellers. Cheap knockoff junk at ridiculously low prices. If you go into the sellers forums, people are always complaining about it.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=oracleparts

How does a scammer with this many negatives end up a "top rated seller?!!" Ebay is completely worthless now. 99% positive sounds great, until you actually look at the negatives. I never used to have to go through a seller's feedback with a fine tooth comb.
When you sell that much you are bound to get negative reviews. I wouldn't have a problem buying from that seller. ebay always has buyers covered if stuff is broken or fake.

Amazon opened the doors to China-based sellers a year or two ago and it's been awful for many sellers. Cheap knockoff junk at ridiculously low prices. If you go into the sellers forums, people are always complaining about it.
So Amazon is really going to turn over all of the goodwill it gained over the past few years? They have been slowly turning into Walmart ever since they gained their target marketshare

Did eBay get rid of the ability to see a buyer's email? Before under order details it used to show it, now it just says "contact member."

Not talking about Paypal email btw.

attachicon.gif
image.jpeg
A youtuber that saw my post told me that he saw this guy was scamming Amazon out of free fightstick as well lol. Youtuber told me that some FB groups and reddit posters said this guy is trouble. He did the good ol' item doesn't work/broken so he can get a full refund scam from Amazon (wont Amazon close your account if you keep doing this shit?). Same name as well, Bludika.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/REHK01VV0YJ1K/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B018AW405K

[attachment=22907:image.png] [attachment=22908:image.jpeg]

What bum goes around committing mass fraud for fightsticks? Lol....

bread's done
Back