The General eBay Rant Thread

I had a message from a real tool box this morning. I have a game up for sale with buy it now and best offer. I received a message offering me $35 for it, which is $20 less than I have it listed for. Then I go in to review the offers on the item and I see there were 3 auto-declines for the same exact guy who sent me the message. They were $30, $35, $40. So, apparently, this genius thought that even after the auto rejects I set turned him down at $40, he thought a message sent to me offering $35 would do the trick.

I never do Best Offer. You just get low ball offers like that guy tried on you. You have something listed for 20 bucks and some dumbass will try offering you 5 for it. Waste of their time and yours. Maybe if it was something like a car or really big ticket item I want to clear out I would consider it but for everything else never resort to it.

Why does ebay's stupid claim system make you wait so long to file? I got scammed. I don't want to deal with the seller. His feedback clearly shows a pattern of scamming and dragging his feet on refunds. Yet, ebay expected me to wait 5 days to file.

I never do Best Offer. You just get low ball offers like that guy tried on you. You have something listed for 20 bucks and some dumbass will try offering you 5 for it. Waste of their time and yours. Maybe if it was something like a car or really big ticket item I want to clear out I would consider it but for everything else never resort to it.
I dunno, I prefer doing Best Offer. There is no risk and you get a better guage on what the market seems as being fair. You don't need to accept it. Recently I posted a Disney Infinity power disc lot on ebay. I think I listed it for $100 or $110, no offers at all. So I lowered it by $10 and I got an offer for I think $60, I responded with $90 and the guy accepted it. I would have preferred more, but I felt $90 was fair.

I see Offers as allowing bidding without the risk of selling it for too cheap. Reserve does the same thing, but I know a lot of people, myself included, don't even bother with Reserve listing due to the unknown nature of the reserve.

I had a message from a real tool box this morning. I have a game up for sale with buy it now and best offer. I received a message offering me $35 for it, which is $20 less than I have it listed for. Then I go in to review the offers on the item and I see there were 3 auto-declines for the same exact guy who sent me the message. They were $30, $35, $40. So, apparently, this genius thought that even after the auto rejects I set turned him down at $40, he thought a message sent to me offering $35 would do the trick.
So did it do the trick? Did you accept the offer? Come on, don't keep us in suspense!

Last edited by a moderator:
What the hell happened to Ebay's claim filing process? When I did a claim 6 months or so ago I was able to include a picture and all. Now the system is total garbage. They also make you wait like 5 days instead of simply being obligated to contact the seller once. There's no option to simply file claim. It's either return or didn't receive item. Then you can ask ebay to step in. It's a mess.

WTF?!?!?!? Ebay responded within an hour and denied my refund. How the hell do you deny this? Bout to call my credit card company. Screw ebay.

This seller is a scammer. He sold Chinese knockoff Xbox controllers with a picture of what appeared to be the real thing. The listing itself has been removed completely with an ebay notice in my purchase history, so it was obviously pulled by ebay because someone else reported this. The crook also shipped them in a thin bag without any padding at all, so I d be surprised if they even work. His negative feedback clearly shows a pattern of this, as well as dragging his feet on refunds, and I should NOT have to deal with him all. He scammed me. You should deal with it. Please get my refund, and explain to me how a crook with this kind of feedback ends up a top rated seller!? Your standards are making ebay a terrible place to shop. Moreover, it should be easier to file a claim in these situations without having to wait or deal with the crook directly. p.s. I took a picture, but I don t see the option to include one.

Call them, and probably leave everything but "they sent a counterfeit item" out.

From that message, you sound about as shady as a scammer.

Call them, and probably leave everything but "they sent a counterfeit item" out.

From that message, you sound about as shady as a scammer.
Except he has negative feedback that proves my point, and I've been a member for 14 years. I also have pictures of the controllers with chinese writing, sitting on the thin bag they were shipped in. I had accidentally opened the issue as "item not received" because my only two options in ebay's garbage resolution center that day were item not received and request return. Technically, I didn't receive what I ordered. I was scammed, and I don't want to deal with the seller directly. Where the hell is that option? I posted about this on ebay's forum, and they said the message about the listing being removed means he got suspended. In any case, I was able to change it and submit the return request but it still emailed the seller and I have to wait until the 20th now. Seller's only response was "crap" as opposed to sending me a prepaid return label, which I believe he's obligated to do if he wants his counterfeit merch back. So we'll see what happens now.

me: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vipr187666

him: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=oracleparts

WTF?!?!?!? Ebay responded within an hour and denied my refund. How the hell do you deny this? Bout to call my credit card company. Screw ebay.
Except he has negative feedback that proves my point, and I've been a member for 14 years. I also have pictures of the controllers with chinese writing, sitting on the thin bag they were shipped in. I had accidentally opened the issue as "item not received" because my only two options in ebay's garbage resolution center that day were item not received and request return. Technically, I didn't receive what I ordered. I was scammed, and I don't want to deal with the seller directly. Where the hell is that option? I posted about this on ebay's forum, and they said the message about the listing being removed means he got suspended. In any case, I was able to change it and submit the return request but it still emailed the seller and I have to wait until the 20th now. Seller's only response was "crap" as opposed to sending me a prepaid return label, which I believe he's obligated to do if he wants his counterfeit merch back. So we'll see what happens now.

me: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=vipr187666

him: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=oracleparts
It's hard for me to determine who is actually right, but you sound like a raving lunatic. That ebay score is a lot better than yours. Since I'm only getting one side of the story it's hard for me to tell what exactly you did wrong, but I'm pretty sure you messed up some how. Why didn't you just open a return and for the reason put "item not as described"? Item not received is obviously wrong since they have tracking info (probably) that show it getting to you.

On top of that your stupid ass message to ebay was way over the top for what you actually had to say to get a full refund.

Considering you are going full nuclear over this you'll probably be pissed at me, but you need to take a breath and deal with this like normal person. I'm 100% sure that if you did you'd get a full refund.

Do you guys sell to new accounts? Curious, I'll go through with it if it's something cheap but last night I listed a $300+ pair of shoes and then I went to sleep. I wake up and see that someone bought 47 minutes after I listed then noticed they just created that account to buy it. I posted last night around 2am and saw that he created it on the 15th so obviously made it just to buy that. I also saw that he didn't even pay for it either 9 hours after purchase. I canceled it which I would have done even if he did pay and I would have just refunded.

Maybe it was just somebody that really wanted them and not trying to do anything shady but I'm not going to take that risk. I added them to block list also. I'll also eat the neg if they do that, IDC.

If they didn't pay it shouldn't say this ebay

eBay note: We're just waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund for this order

Well there isn't anything to confirm ebay. Anyways, I'll relist Monday, the shoes are 6 years old. Value not going anywhere.

It's hard for me to determine who is actually right, but you sound like a raving lunatic. That ebay score is a lot better than yours. Since I'm only getting one side of the story it's hard for me to tell what exactly you did wrong, but I'm pretty sure you messed up some how. Why didn't you just open a return and for the reason put "item not as described"? Item not received is obviously wrong since they have tracking info (probably) that show it getting to you.

On top of that your stupid ass message to ebay was way over the top for what you actually had to say to get a full refund.

Considering you are going full nuclear over this you'll probably be pissed at me, but you need to take a breath and deal with this like normal person. I'm 100% sure that if you did you'd get a full refund.
With bad grammar to boot

Do you guys sell to new accounts? Curious, I'll go through with it if it's something cheap but last night I listed a $300+ pair of shoes and then I went to sleep. I wake up and see that someone bought 47 minutes after I listed then noticed they just created that account to buy it. I posted last night around 2am and saw that he created it on the 15th so obviously made it just to buy that. I also saw that he didn't even pay for it either 9 hours after purchase. I canceled it which I would have done even if he did pay and I would have just refunded.

Maybe it was just somebody that really wanted them and not trying to do anything shady but I'm not going to take that risk. I added them to block list also. I'll also eat the neg if they do that, IDC.

eBay note: We're just waiting for the buyer to confirm they received a refund for this order

Well there isn't anything to confirm ebay. Anyways, I'll relist Monday, the shoes are 6 years old. Value not going anywhere.
I buy/sell expensive shoes all the time. I get zero feedback buyers maybe 1 out of every 6 purchases. I've never had a problem. You're safe as long as you use signature confirmation, which is mandatory anyways for over $250 stuff.

I don't know why I do Best Offer sometimes. $250 pair of shoes, dude offers $150, fucking terrible offer. I counter with $210 ($250 is a fucking steal but the market is kinda meh til winter and I'm moving.) Dude counters back with $135.... I wish I could tell eBayers to drink bleach but I'd probably get in trouble.

I don't know why I do Best Offer sometimes. $250 pair of shoes, dude offers $150, fucking terrible offer. I counter with $210 ($250 is a fucking steal but the market is kinda meh til winter and I'm moving.) Dude counters back with $135.... I wish I could tell eBayers to drink bleach but I'd probably get in trouble.
Why not use the auto reject if below $xx? I've used best offer a few times and it's worked out.

I like to leave lowball offers as active so it looks like I'm getting offers. This strategy has actually gotten me a few sales at asking price. Not many, but more than zero.

I like to leave lowball offers as active so it looks like I'm getting offers. This strategy has actually gotten me a few sales at asking price. Not many, but more than zero.
Or the reverse, where I see an item get 10 offers and it's not sold, I don't bother cause they're probably rejecting everything not the asking price.

Cool also included a power chord.
My Craigslist is filled with people using the word chord instead of cord. I don't understand it. I think next time I list a console for sale I am going to put down it includes the Power Whire and the A/V Whires or the HDMI Whire. It also comes with one Whireless controller and one Whired controller.

My Craigslist is filled with people using the word chord instead of cord. I don't understand it. I think next time I list a console for sale I am going to put down it includes the Power Whire and the A/V Whires or the HDMI Whire. It also comes with one Whireless controller and one Whired controller.
Uh, except, "chord" is an actual word. It's (in music) a group of notes sounded together. They are using the wrong word. You are making up words.

200_s.gif

Uh, except, "chord" is an actual word. It's (in music) a group of notes sounded together. They are using the wrong word. You are making up words
It's Urban but Whire is a word, but who cares, it was a lame point anyways and I should know better... :wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmqJQ-nc_s

I don't put best offer on because I don't want crazy low offers but I got one today anyways in a personal message.

Item is about $450, has 15 watchers and like 800 views.

"I don't want to be insulting but I'd like to offer $50"

Does eBay still offer the 20% discount on FVF if you set up your listing with "Returns Accepted" and 1 day business handling?  I remember that was an incentive about over a year ago but I haven't really kept up with that promotion discount. 

I don't put best offer on because I don't want crazy low offers but I got one today anyways in a personal message.

Not insulting, just stupid lol.

My response would have been "I don't want to be insulting, but go play in traffic."

One thing I sold is going through a forwarding company (not expensive) and apparently it is going to the ruling family of Qatar. I'm surprised a Sheikh (well most likely a sheikh's servants) would use eBay.

Glad I went with my gut and didn't even bother because a week ago he opened a case even though the account said no longer registered.

"I've purchased an item on eBay which the seller did not ship.I contacted seller a lot but seller never answered.Please refund my money back."

I responded back and 6 days later nothing from him. He never sent me any messages, and he never paid lol. Thanks for making it easy though by blatantly lying.

As for best offer, I don't really bother unless it's something that's high but I can take less to get rid of it. The shoes just sold Monday too. I think it was up to 450 views and 24 watching. I started the shoes at $300 but was getting some bullshit offers. I lowered to $285, got an offer of $265, countered with $275 and the guy accepted so win win.

Wow so many issues with this listing....

Title says $100 off, description says $200 off.

Description states XB1 is $400...since when?!?

States it comes with a racing wheel, yet is barely mentioned and is not in the photos.

And then there is this gem...

Also comes with a Xbox one charge and play kit and a headset that connects to an adapter allowing it to go into Xbox one controllers (not included) with another headset that I'm including

WTF does this even mean. So it comes with a play n charge kit and a headset that connected to an adapter to allow it to be used with an XB1 contoller but it isn't included with ANOTHER headset that he is including.

So is the adapter not included, is the controller not included, is the headset not included but a different one is included!?? I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN SAVE $100 or wait is it $200?!?!

Glad I went with my gut and didn't even bother because a week ago he opened a case even though the account said no longer registered.

"I've purchased an item on eBay which the seller did not ship.I contacted seller a lot but seller never answered.Please refund my money back."

I responded back and 6 days later nothing from him. He never sent me any messages, and he never paid lol. Thanks for making it easy though by blatantly lying.

As for best offer, I don't really bother unless it's something that's high but I can take less to get rid of it. The shoes just sold Monday too. I think it was up to 450 views and 24 watching. I started the shoes at $300 but was getting some bullshit offers. I lowered to $285, got an offer of $265, countered with $275 and the guy accepted so win win.
Some people man......

From today:

Aug. 11:The buyer has opened a case

CommentsI bought an item from a seller on Ebay. I paid full via Paypal , the estimated delivery time was 7-14 Days , When i didn t receive my Item even after 10 Days I contacted Ebay and the seller & asked the seller for proof of postage.but seller never answered.I ve tried to contact the seller to get the package tracking number.

LIES LIES LIES!!! Shouts to ebay though

The buyer didn't pay for the item before opening the case. You don't need to do anything else. Because we decided in your favor, this case, any feedback left, and all detailed seller ratings left, will not affect your seller performance. In addition, any feedback left for this transaction will be removed. Note: It may take up to 24 hours for these updates to reflect in your Seller Dashboard.

Final decision:
This case was found in your favor

Hey guys. I purchased an item from a seller using eBay bucks. Turns out he was a scammer who didn't ship any of the items he sold recently. I got my money back, but not my eBay bucks. If I contact eBay, how likely are they to give back my eBay bucks?

Hey guys. I purchased an item from a seller using eBay bucks. Turns out he was a scammer who didn't ship any of the items he sold recently. I got my money back, but not my eBay bucks. If I contact eBay, how likely are they to give back my eBay bucks?
Very likely. Just contact them, it isn't like you changed your mind, you were scammed.

I listed a $300+ pair of shoes and then I went to sleep. I wake up and see that someone bought 47 minutes after I listed. I also saw that he didn't even pay for it either 9 hours after purchase.
Curious how this can happen. I thought that when you list an item as Buy It Now they have to PayPal you the amount immediately...? And with Best Offer, obviously you have to accept first unless you set it up to, "automatically accept offers above x." Still, I'd think that that requires immediate payment..or that you could set up exclusion criteria to not accept new buyers.

Feels preventable, but even though I've been on eBay for something over a decade I'm still a very casual seller, so maybe I missed something. Glad it worked out though.

I looked back a bit and didn't see anything - but has anyone had any recent experience with USPS insurance.

First item I've had severely damaged. It was breakable so I wrapped it all with bubble wrap and then put brown packaging paper around the outer box. I was worried this it might break, but those since it was pretty round (not like a statue with random arms or legs) I thought it would be okay.

I got USPS insurance with it. How hard is it to file a claim. I have the receipts from ebay showing tracking, included insurance, item pictures, etc. I asked the buyer for pictures of the damaged item, picture of the shipping label on the box, and picture of the wrapping materials (bubble wrap, tissue paper, and brown packaging paper).

If I just file the claim with all of that will I likely get my 70 bucks back?

I got the USPS insurance. I used shipcover before a few times because it was easier, but that was way back before Priority Mail came with $100 worth of it.

I wish I got shipcover since that was easy. Now that I think about it - I did have to use shipcover once like 6 years ago and they covered the item and sent back the money in like two days.

I got buttfuck by FedEx. I shipped a 6lb laptop. laptop +shipping material weight ~10lb . I get eBay invoice today, it says the weight of my shipment is 28lb lmao. charge me an extra $1x.

I got buttfuck by FedEx. I shipped a 6lb laptop. laptop +shipping material weight ~10lb . I get eBay invoice today, it says the weight of my shipment is 28lb lmao. charge me an extra $1x.
Dimensional weight most likely. How big was the box and how did you send it?

Does the item condition listed on eBay have the final say on a return/refund? I bought a video game console that was listed as used, and the seller even listed it as not having any light of death issues (not their exact words). By eBay standards, used is:

The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended.

Unfortunately, the console is NOT in working condition. Gave error upon turning on. I contacted the seller, and they're trying to say that once the item is shipped, it's out of their hands, as per their listing and that the listing also said that it was not fully tested. However, as I mentioned before, it said no light errors, and the condition was used not parts/repair. The seller does not accept returns or refunds, but eBay's money back guarantee should hopefully help me out. Right?  :pray:

I was hoping to get a console that would start up even if it did not read discs, as I could likely fix that, but this is more than I bargained for.

P.S. Should I refrain from contacting the seller, and have eBay intervene when the required time has passed?

If you open a not as described case, they will likely rule in your favor (They favor the buyer almost 100% of the time with those cases). You have to return the item before a refund is issued but I think you get sent a pre-paid return label.

Yea, that's definitely an item not as described. I don't think you get return shipping though, unless that return shipping eBay promo is still active.

Follow-up: I stayed up waiting for the clock to strike, so I could have ebay intervene, and they promptly made the decision in my favor. Gave me a free shipping label. Thank goodness for the fast response, as I am about to go on a trip out of the country. Speaking of which, anybody ever have an issue when logging into their account while in a foreign country? I have some coupons about to expire and some watched items about to end.

Thank you everyone! :)

So I had my first seller's adventure on ebay from something I sold a few weeks ago.

A few months ago I upgraded my Harmony remote in the living room and found I really liked the Smart Hub/Remote more then my Harmony One touch screen remote which I use in my media room. I know a lot of people prefer the One, but I don't watch a lot of TV in my media room. I mainly watch Netflix, VUDU, or play games on my PS4/PS3/360. And while it worked well with the 360 it never worked for PS3/PS4. I could add PS3 with a $50 (MSRP) add-on but I noticed the Hub worked with everything so I decided to get another one and sell my One.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331946373067

I took very clear photos, listed the item had a good amount of physical wear, but every single button was tested and the screen was still 100% functional. Again, it had cosmetic wear and I made sure to highlight that in both photos and description.

Someone buys it for $90 and I ship it out priority, insurance, etc etc. I even re-cleaned the remote and tested all the buttons and touch screen again to make sure it was good to go before I shipped it out. They get it and I hear nothing for a few weeks and think everything is good. Well...a few days ago the buyer opens a return case, but right from the start it seemed weird to me

The buyer requested a return

Reason for return
Doesn't work or defective

Comments
There is a lot of glue on the back of the remote when it arrived

First, it having "glue" on the back of the remote does not make it defective. It would make it "different then described" or something along those lines. I was a bit flustered (I have anxiety issues so I usually go overboard with bad news/situations) and immediately called ebay. They said to ask the buyer for photos because I clearly stated that there is wear and tear and posted good photos. When I get the photos I can see if the damage is the same as what I had in the listing in which case I am in the clear because I clearly indicated the condition. So I sent the buyer a message and heard nothing from them for DAYS. Each day I was a little calmer, but still on edge. Finally, this morning I get a message that the buyer themselves closed the return for "other" reasons.

So my assumption is they didn't look at the photos or the description and just saw the price and the very first photo and bought it. I am not trying to be an ass but hopefully they learned that you need to read and look at everything very carefully when buying 2nd hand items.

Recently tried to buy the Bioshock Collection on eBay.  There were 2 different sellers listing the game at $80 and $85 with a "best offer" option.

I made offers on both of them and the sellers declined every one.  The highest offer I made was $50 which seems reasonable, but neither seller accepted it.

The retail value is $60.  Why in the hell would anyone pay $80-85 for it?  And why do sellers leave the "best offer" option wide open when they clearly aren't willing to go below a certain price?

bread's done
Back