The General eBay Rant Thread

Just had 2 dumbass buyers. One filed a chargeback on a NES Classic. The other one wants me to ship an item within 1 day when the handling time is 3 business days
Maybe it's the time of year. I'm getting an uptick in non paying bidders as well. Horray for eBay and their buyer biased policies. I love that when a bidder or buyer does not pay, that I have to pay to relist the item.

Had a guy win an auction for an Xbox 360 RockBand drum set on Saturday.......leaves me a negative feedback on Sunday. I just noticed today as I was putting his box and my other boxes in my car. I was like "please delete the negative feedback, your item is all ready to ship today". Long story short (we went back and forth for 2hrs btw), Ebay had sent him a message yesterday (Sunday) that the item was no longer available even though I had done nothing with the listing. He reported it and went straight to negative feedback mode instead of contacting me first! I finally get him to realize that it mustve been an error on his end or Ebays end because the transaction showed up fine on my account. I ended up refunding him and sending him some link so he could change the feedback. Which he did thankfully. He was seriously thinking I removed the listing because "it only sold for $40"............

Had a guy win an auction for an Xbox 360 RockBand drum set on Saturday.......leaves me a negative feedback on Sunday. I just noticed today as I was putting his box and my other boxes in my car. I was like "please delete the negative feedback, your item is all ready to ship today". Long story short (we went back and forth for 2hrs btw), Ebay had sent him a message yesterday (Sunday) that the item was no longer available even though I had done nothing with the listing. He reported it and went straight to negative feedback mode instead of contacting me first! I finally get him to realize that it mustve been an error on his end or Ebays end because the transaction showed up fine on my account. I ended up refunding him and sending him some link so he could change the feedback. Which he did thankfully. He was seriously thinking I removed the listing because "it only sold for $40"............
Ebay buyers are idiots. Why would he go nuclear before contacting you? lol

Here's a weird one... The buyer paid for my item on 11/18.  I shipped it to the confirmed address using the Paypal USPS label system the next day.  Yesterday, I received the package back with a USPS label that says return to sender, could not confirm address.  Here is tracking info:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9400109699939429060609

I've contacted the buyer but haven't heard anything back yet.  Luckily it's a small value item, but I don't want negative feedback because I failed to deliver.

This is one of those instances where eBay would probably side with you and remove the negative feedback (if you even get one), assuming you used the address provided with no changes.

This is one of those instances where eBay would probably side with you and remove the negative feedback (if you even get one), assuming you used the address provided with no changes.
No negative yet. The guy actually got back to me and added the apartment # to his address. He might have missed it when filling out his confirmed address.

I shipped an item to a buyer and the tracking number had it get as far as his local post office and "out for delivery" but never updated to "delivered" status.

This was 2 days ago, it updated later that night to "status not updated."

Should I contact the buyer and ask him if he got it or should I wait for him to contact me first?

Also, is there any chance it was delivered and just not scanned?

Just got back into selling a few things on eBay after a long break. Put up a Gen 1 iPad Air WiFi only, clearly listed as such. Dude snipes it, I send an invoice, he sends a message "uhh, I see now this isn't LTE. Can I cancel?" Welcome back to selling on eBay.

I shipped an item to a buyer and the tracking number had it get as far as his local post office and "out for delivery" but never updated to "delivered" status.

This was 2 days ago, it updated later that night to "status not updated."

Should I contact the buyer and ask him if he got it or should I wait for him to contact me first?

Also, is there any chance it was delivered and just not scanned?
Good chance it was delivered and not just scanned. Happens every once in a while.

You are better off not poking the buyer though, because an unscrupulous could now do an item not received and win. 99% wouldn't do it, but the 1% who would probably wouldn't notice the tracking didn't update. Wait to see if the buyer contacts you with a problem.

Good chance it was delivered and not just scanned. Happens every once in a while.

You are better off not poking the buyer though, because an unscrupulous could now do an item not received and win. 99% wouldn't do it, but the 1% who would probably wouldn't notice the tracking didn't update. Wait to see if the buyer contacts you with a problem.
Exactly. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Don't give a buyer the chance to think "wait.......FREE STUFF". If the buyer didn't get it they'll contact you, no need to be their "mom" and make sure they got their cookies at camp.

So tired of people out bidding someone at the end.........then never pay! Why waste my time and someone elses time like that?! I had to relist my PS4 3 times before someone actually paid. Im now waiting for someone to pay yet again for my RB drums, this is the 3rd time its "Sold". Currently on the 5th day for someone to pay for a Wii U game as well.........

If I bid on something, that means I want it! Therefor if I win the auction.....I pay right away!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the POS that bought a GoW4 code from me filed a claim today. Whether I win or lose, at least I'm not as dumb as he is since all of his information is visible on social media including where he works.

Well the POS that bought a GoW4 code from me filed a claim today. Whether I win or lose, at least I'm not as dumb as he is since all of his information is visible on social media including where he works.
You should call his work and say that you are from [insert name of local gay strip club] and say that he left his credit card again.

P.S. Nothing wrong with being gay...

P.P.S. You're gay

What measures do I have to take when selling expensive items on either amazon/ebay, so that I don't get raped by some loser filing a claim, trying to swindle me, saying the item is damaged, or any other excuse to screw me over?

I just want to prepare myself, as the first item is $200+ and the second item is almost $500. Obviously I'm going to get shipping insurance, signature confirmation, etc... but I just need some pointers on how to guard against scammers/swindlers/etc.

I've had no issues selling stuff in the past on ebay or amazon (probably have 300-500 sells between the two), but I've never sold anything over $300 either...

What measures do I have to take when selling expensive items on either amazon/ebay, so that I don't get raped by some loser filing a claim, trying to swindle me, saying the item is damaged, or any other excuse to screw me over?

I just want to prepare myself, as the first item is $200+ and the second item is almost $500. Obviously I'm going to get shipping insurance, signature confirmation, etc... but I just need some pointers on how to guard against scammers/swindlers/etc.

I've had no issues selling stuff in the past on ebay or amazon (probably have 300-500 sells between the two), but I've never sold anything over $300 either...
What I do beyond what you stated is take very good photos, clearly describe what the condition of the item(s) is. Then when you package the item for shipping take photos as well of that process.

If the buyer files a claim ask for photos and other evidence backing up their claim.

This is not a surefire way to prevent being scammed, in fact I don't think there is one, because the buyer can say it is broken and even if it isn't they can purposefully break it.

BUT if it is physically broken (cracked, dented, bent, etc etc) and you have proof it was not that way when it was sent then that means either the buyer damaged it or it was damaged in shipping. In which case you can say you will open a case with USPS but slide in a comment that if it was not actually damaged in shipping this is fraud on the government might perform an investigation to see why someone is trying to defraud them. Most shady buyers back off at this point.

There is zero way for you to prove an item wasn't broken when you sent it. I see people all the time say they take pictures/videos of them packing the item and sealing up the box so they can prove it was in good condition when they shipped it. None of that is relevant and won't be accepted for a claim. If you were trying to scam someone you could easily do that and then open the bottom of the box and swap it out with a broken one or mail out another identical package with a broken one in it. 

If you're selling something you always have the potential of being scammed no matter how good of a seller you are.

Signature confirmation is only required on items where the payment, including shipping charges, is equal to or more than $750. This is a change from the previous threshold of $250.

Signature confirmation provides no protection for items under the $750 threshold; in fact you may risk upsetting your buyer if they have to travel to the P.O. to pick their item up, and wait in these long seasonal lines.

It comes free with express shipping and I almost always waive it for the buyer unless they expressly ask me to include it.

Nothing is fool proof. Most scammers are lazy or dumb and go away if you call them out, assuming you have taken precautions to protect yourself.

Weigh your item and record it on the invoice (I print the payment invoices from PayPal and file them). Write down the size and description of the packaging (All carriers use size (DIM) pricing so you should be measuring your items anyways; something going from one coast to the other in 14 x 14 x 14 box is going to cost significantly more then something of the same weight in an 8 x 6 x 4 box.

^ This is important because I've had buyers claim they received empty boxes on what would have been heavy items. I can prove that I shipped something of let's say 9lbs because again this gets recorded on the carrier end (you have to dig a little bit to get USPS to release that information but I live in a small town and am on good terms with my Post Master so she has no problem printing that information for me).

Then at that point the buyer would have to cooperate with the insurance claim and many don't want to because they require a signed affidavit and in the case of USPS claims, it's federal mail fraud for laying. I have had eBay side in my favor as the seller when buyers won't cooperate with an insurance claim. Even if it's on an item that doesn't have insurance, I still send them a generic affidavit from my insurance company or from the postal inspector just to see if they'd cooperate.

It's also helpful to keep track of item size/weight if you ever run into a situation where a buyer needs to return something (no such thing as "no returns").

I had a buyer in India state they received a broken Xbox One. They sent back a PlayStation 1 console in a poly bag. I was able to show eBay customer service that the package they shipped by DHL weighed only 2KG ( ~ 4.5lbs) and that an Xbox One weighs almost three times that and would never fit in a poly bag.

I guess it comes down to being thorough and prepared and understanding that you're never 100% protected.

The big things to watch out for that many new sellers forget:

NEVER EVER under ANY circumstance alter the shipping address at the buyers request. You will lose an Item Not Received (INR) or Unauthorized (UA) chargeback if a buyer files it and you will have zero recourse to defend yourself. If a buyer claims they entered the wrong shipping address either take that risk OR refund them (tell them PayPal doesn't allow you to change the shipping address after receiving payment (white lie)) and have them repurchase the item.

If you are selling digital items and you do not ship, you will lose any INR or UA chargeback because for INR you need proof of delivery to the zip code on the PayPal invoice and for UA Chargebacks you need "Proof of shipment" (delivery helps speed up the process). eBay doesn't care about your eBay messaging or e-mails.

I would read the seller protection sections of the eBay and PP User Agreement and just make sure what protections you need against claims and then practice due diligence from there on out.

I have halo 5 code from the CE. Was thinking about posting, but hearing your story makes me think maybe not a good idea.

Wonder how low people would go?

I have halo 5 code from the CE. Was thinking about posting, but hearing your story makes me think maybe not a good idea.

Wonder how low people would go?
$2.60 is all you need to spend to protect yourself from Unauthorize Use chargeback and INR claims. Create a shipping label which generates a tracking number, scan the code, send it via e-mail or ebay messaging and then ship it.

You will eventually have tracking information which "should" show delivered and protect you from INR claims and you can use the same information to protect yourself against unauthorized use claims.

Nothing will protect you from a buyer stating it was already redeemed or doesn't work, but they will still have to send something back to meet the Not as Described demands on the buyer.

The people on here claiming they got "scammed" by buyers when they were selling codes, may have in fact gotten scammed, but they allowed themselves too. It's the easiest scam for a buyer to pull because eBay is going to see nothing was shipped and they're not going to do any second level investigations.

Putting something like "will send electronically" in your item description just opens you up to these type of buyers. I don't sell codes anymore, or very infrequently, but my loss threshold was $25. Any DLC or codes worth more than that I shipped. I've sold $100+ DLC and don't know why people don't just ship the code to protect themselves.

$2.60 is all you need to spend to protect yourself from Unauthorize Use chargeback and INR claims. Create a shipping label which generates a tracking number, scan the code, send it via e-mail or ebay messaging and then ship it.

You will eventually have tracking information which "should" show delivered and protect you from INR claims and you can use the same information to protect yourself against unauthorized use claims.

Nothing will protect you from a buyer stating it was already redeemed or doesn't work, but they will still have to send something back to meet the Not as Described demands on the buyer.

The people on here claiming they got "scammed" by buyers when they were selling codes, may have in fact gotten scammed, but they allowed themselves too. It's the easiest scam for a buyer to pull because eBay is going to see nothing was shipped and they're not going to do any second level investigations.

Putting something like "will send electronically" in your item description just opens you up to these type of buyers. I don't sell codes anymore, or very infrequently, but my loss threshold was $25. Any DLC or codes worth more than that I shipped. I've sold $100+ DLC and don't know why people don't just ship the code to protect themselves.
But wouldnt the buyer can claim that the code doesnt work? Then what?

But wouldnt the buyer can claim that the code doesnt work? Then what?
Of course they could claim the code didn't work BUT they would need to open a "Not as Described" dispute and return what you sent them. You could also inform the buyer that it was unused prior to being sent, so someone must have redeemed it while in transit so you'll be opening a claim with the postal inspector to investigate further.

So now they have to physically mail something back and are on eBay and potentially USPS radar (depends if you follow through but the implied message is there).

No what is more work for the scammer? Opening an INR or UA Chargeback knowing they have a 100% chance of winning with no additional work on their part or having to open a claim, mail a code back and being faced with a seller that is going to do due diligence?

Look read through this thread and make note of people selling codes claiming they got scammed. I'm willing to bet the majority of them are sellers who did not ship the code.

Of course they could claim the code didn't work BUT they would need to open a "Not as Described" dispute and return what you sent them. You could also inform the buyer that it was unused prior to being sent, so someone must have redeemed it while in transit so you'll be opening a claim with the postal inspector to investigate further.

So now they have to physically mail something back and are on eBay and potentially USPS radar (depends if you follow through but the implied message is there).

No what is more work for the scammer? Opening an INR or UA Chargeback knowing they have a 100% chance of winning with no additional work on their part or having to open a claim, mail a code back and being faced with a seller that is going to do due diligence?

Look read through this thread and make note of people selling codes claiming they got scammed. I'm willing to bet the majority of them are sellers who did not ship the code.
So how much is halo 5 going for? got the Ce, but never use the codes.

I shipped the code and have full tracking information. Even messaged the seller to note I saw it was delivered and that I hoped they enjoyed it since it had been redeemed. I document everything as a point of reference, just easier in case of. I like to plan for contingency.

What my buyer filed was unauthorized purchase. I represented my side with all my documentation so we will see what ends up happening. I'll write it off if I have to but I followed all the steps to protect myself.

I shipped the code and have full tracking information. Even messaged the seller to note I saw it was delivered and that I hoped they enjoyed it since it had been redeemed. I document everything as a point of reference, just easier in case of. I like to plan for contingency.

What my buyer filed was unauthorized purchase. I represented my side with all my documentation so we will see what ends up happening. I'll write it off if I have to but I followed all the steps to protect myself.
You're good then.

It used to be section 11.3C of the PayPal User Agreement; I'm not sure if the actual number changed but the policy hasn't.

You only need proof of shipment (some agents get confused and think you need delivery---that only helps but isn't required).

If you can prove you shipped the code to the address on the PayPal invoice you are covered. The easiest way to do this is create the shipping label through eBay and use PayPal as your funding source as they can see that you create the label and then verify the tracking to make sure you shipped it.

The ONLY way you could possibly lose is if PayPal pegs you on selling "non-tangible" goods; sometimes that is why it's important to state the value is in the voucher not the code itself

I posted this a few pages back in September, I'll repost it because it seems relevant to the current topic at hand

So I had my first seller's adventure on ebay from something I sold a few weeks ago.

A few months ago I upgraded my Harmony remote in the living room and found I really liked the Smart Hub/Remote more then my Harmony One touch screen remote which I use in my media room. I know a lot of people prefer the One, but I don't watch a lot of TV in my media room. I mainly watch Netflix, VUDU, or play games on my PS4/PS3/360. And while it worked well with the 360 it never worked for PS3/PS4. I could add PS3 with a $50 (MSRP) add-on but I noticed the Hub worked with everything so I decided to get another one and sell my One.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331946373067

I took very clear photos, listed the item had a good amount of physical wear, but every single button was tested and the screen was still 100% functional. Again, it had cosmetic wear and I made sure to highlight that in both photos and description.

Someone buys it for $90 and I ship it out priority, insurance, etc etc. I even re-cleaned the remote and tested all the buttons and touch screen again to make sure it was good to go before I shipped it out. They get it and I hear nothing for a few weeks and think everything is good. Well...a few days ago the buyer opens a return case, but right from the start it seemed weird to me.

The buyer requested a return

Reason for return
Doesn't work or defective

Comments
There is a lot of glue on the back of the remote when it arrived
First, it having "glue" on the back of the remote does not make it defective. It would make it "different then described" or something along those lines. I was a bit flustered (I have anxiety issues so I usually go overboard with bad news/situations) and immediately called ebay. They said to ask the buyer for photos because I clearly stated that there is wear and tear and posted good photos. When I get the photos I can see if the damage is the same as what I had in the listing in which case I am in the clear because I clearly indicated the condition. So I sent the buyer a message and heard nothing from them for DAYS. Each day I was a little calmer, but still on edge. Finally, this morning I get a message that the buyer themselves closed the return for "other" reasons.

So my assumption is they didn't look at the photos or the description and just saw the price and the very first photo and bought it. I am not trying to be an ass but hopefully they learned that you need to read and look at everything very carefully when buying 2nd hand items.

Signature confirmation is only required on items where the payment, including shipping charges, is equal to or more than $750. This is a change from the previous threshold of $250.

Signature confirmation provides no protection for items under the $750 threshold; in fact you may risk upsetting your buyer if they have to travel to the P.O. to pick their item up, and wait in these long seasonal lines.

It comes free with express shipping and I almost always waive it for the buyer unless they expressly ask me to include it.

Nothing is fool proof. Most scammers are lazy or dumb and go away if you call them out, assuming you have taken precautions to protect yourself.

Weigh your item and record it on the invoice (I print the payment invoices from PayPal and file them). Write down the size and description of the packaging (All carriers use size (DIM) pricing so you should be measuring your items anyways; something going from one coast to the other in 14 x 14 x 14 box is going to cost significantly more then something of the same weight in an 8 x 6 x 4 box.

^ This is important because I've had buyers claim they received empty boxes on what would have been heavy items. I can prove that I shipped something of let's say 9lbs because again this gets recorded on the carrier end (you have to dig a little bit to get USPS to release that information but I live in a small town and am on good terms with my Post Master so she has no problem printing that information for me).

Then at that point the buyer would have to cooperate with the insurance claim and many don't want to because they require a signed affidavit and in the case of USPS claims, it's federal mail fraud for laying. I have had eBay side in my favor as the seller when buyers won't cooperate with an insurance claim. Even if it's on an item that doesn't have insurance, I still send them a generic affidavit from my insurance company or from the postal inspector just to see if they'd cooperate.

It's also helpful to keep track of item size/weight if you ever run into a situation where a buyer needs to return something (no such thing as "no returns").

I had a buyer in India state they received a broken Xbox One. They sent back a PlayStation 1 console in a poly bag. I was able to show eBay customer service that the package they shipped by DHL weighed only 2KG ( ~ 4.5lbs) and that an Xbox One weighs almost three times that and would never fit in a poly bag.

I guess it comes down to being thorough and prepared and understanding that you're never 100% protected.

The big things to watch out for that many new sellers forget:

NEVER EVER under ANY circumstance alter the shipping address at the buyers request. You will lose an Item Not Received (INR) or Unauthorized (UA) chargeback if a buyer files it and you will have zero recourse to defend yourself. If a buyer claims they entered the wrong shipping address either take that risk OR refund them (tell them PayPal doesn't allow you to change the shipping address after receiving payment (white lie)) and have them repurchase the item.

If you are selling digital items and you do not ship, you will lose any INR or UA chargeback because for INR you need proof of delivery to the zip code on the PayPal invoice and for UA Chargebacks you need "Proof of shipment" (delivery helps speed up the process). eBay doesn't care about your eBay messaging or e-mails.

I would read the seller protection sections of the eBay and PP User Agreement and just make sure what protections you need against claims and then practice due diligence from there on out.
Thank you for the very informative post. In regards to the bolded, I learned the hard way about selling digital items. The buyer did a chargeback and because it was "intangible" paypal sided with the buyer and refunded them. I also just recently had a person buy a game from me, and it was showing "invalid address" when I attempted to purchase shipping through ebay. I messaged them and told them that it was saying that much and to notify ebay to change the address for them or for them to do so. They kept persisting that it was the right address and to just ship it. I rejected those claims and just told them I would have to cancel their order and issue a refund.

Ok, I know this has probably been addressed already, but this is new to me. I sold a CD-I. The issue issue was that the tray did not eject and that that face plate needed pushed back in. It did power on, and I had a bunch of pictures to prove that. This was all stated in the description. However, it was clearly being sold as-is, no refunds, etc. Purchaser opened up a refund request and sent a message. Both were borderline abusive. The message claimed it didn't power on while the refund request makes it sound like the whole thing is demolished. Naturally, there's no evidence of anything. Just insults and allegations. 

My question is, what should I do next and how fucked am I? :(

Ok, I know this has probably been addressed already, but this is new to me. I sold a CD-I. The issue issue was that the tray did not eject and that that face plate needed pushed back in. It did power on, and I had a bunch of pictures to prove that. This was all stated in the description. However, it was clearly being sold as-is, no refunds, etc. Purchaser opened up a refund request and sent a message. Both were borderline abusive. The message claimed it didn't power on while the refund request makes it sound like the whole thing is demolished. Naturally, there's no evidence of anything. Just insults and allegations.

Based on some other posts I saw here and a phone call to eBay, I asked the seller for pictures. Can someone explain to me how a videogame console such as a CD-I allegedly loses all of it's security bits in shipping? Not to mention how the display could fall out when the whole thing was wrapped tightly in a ton of bubble wrap. And the opposite side face plate is now sticking out. This stinks to high heaven.

EDIT: also I see now the guy that bought this apparently has some history in the CD-I scene. Basically, I'm sure this has been stripped for parts and he expects to send it back. Sigh.

So a scammer opens an INR on a code I sold and I respond to him that I messaged him the code. He then responds back that it doesn't work (bs because it was out of a brand new game I bought). I challenged him that I would reach out to PSN to resolve this since I knew he had to of used it and he went away. The INR is still open. Will that auto close after a certain amount of time. I'm not really interested in poking the bear and asking him to close it but he was clearly caught in his lies. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Based on some other posts I saw here and a phone call to eBay, I asked the seller for pictures. Can someone explain to me how a videogame console such as a CD-I allegedly loses all of it's security bits in shipping? Not to mention how the display could fall out when the whole thing was wrapped tightly in a ton of bubble wrap. And the opposite side face plate is now sticking out. This stinks to high heaven.

EDIT: also I see now the guy that bought this apparently has some history in the CD-I scene. Basically, I'm sure this has been stripped for parts and he expects to send it back. Sigh.
That sucks. Yeah, it absolutely sounds like they picked it up to snag some parts and want to send you back a shell (or non-working parts).

Did you happen to get a picture of your serial # before sending? Is it different in the photos they provided? I dunno if that would help you during the investigation or not. (I wouldn't mention it to the buyer, but maybe to PayPal/eBay.)

I sold a working CDi on eBay years ago and the buyer claimed it didn't work when he received it. After I got it back from the buyer, it looked like the CD tray had gotten dislodged somehow during shipping. The whole mess ended up costing me a bunch of money in shipping.

Anyways, because you sold it as-is with no refunds, I would think you would be in the clear? I would talk to eBay customer service about it. My interpretation of "as-is" is that something like powering on may not be the case when the item is received; therefore making it "as-is", not "as was", haha

That sucks. Yeah, it absolutely sounds like they picked it up to snag some parts and want to send you back a shell (or non-working parts).
Did you happen to get a picture of your serial # before sending? Is it different in the photos they provided? I dunno if that would help you during the investigation or not. (I wouldn't mention it to the buyer, but maybe to PayPal/eBay.)

Yes and same.

I sold a working CDi on eBay years ago and the buyer claimed it didn't work when he received it. After I got it back from the buyer, it looked like the CD tray had gotten dislodged somehow during shipping. The whole mess ended up costing me a bunch of money in shipping.

Anyways, because you sold it as-is with no refunds, I would think you would be in the clear? I would talk to eBay customer service about it. My interpretation of "as-is" is that something like powering on may not be the case when the item is received; therefore making it "as-is", not "as was", haha
Unfortunately, I don't believe eBay works that way anymore. As-Is and no refunds are just words.

Update...if eBay closes a refund claim in your (the seller's) favor, is there any other way you can be fucked? Would this person have to worry about a separate PayPal chargeback now or something like that? Just asking for a friend.

Looking at it, it almost looks like they got refunded but it says I won the judgement and I get to keep my money as well. That's curious.

Also, I hadn't sold on eBay in years. I listed four things. One I had to relist because the seller backed out after it ended. Then this. The other two, I guess I'm holding my breath to see if I'll make it past the 45 day return period or whatever it is. Plus, I could still get screwed on the relisted one as far as that goes. I think I'm just taking my stuff to Goodwill next time and considering it paying forward. The headaches are not worth it.

I got a buyer who filed a SNAD on me. It was my fault ad he wanted to return it. I accepted the return, then he told me he would accept a partial refund. Now how do I stop the return, get my money back for the new shipping label I created for him to return the item, and submit a partial refund on his account?

Edit: I don't know if anyone remembers me saying about 3 months ago that i sold a xbox one digital code on ebay and the buyer's account was potentially hacked.Buyer then proceeds to dispute via paypal for a chargeback.Paypal sides with buyer since i did not ship code but sent it via ebay messages.2 months later i just now received an email from paypal that the charge back was decided in my favor and case closed.Anyone experience something similar?

Is there anyway to turn email notifications from eBay off? I've been getting swamped in dumbass messages from bottom dwellers trying to haggle on items that don't even have best offer option, people wanting to buy "outside" eBay/directoy though PayPal, or idiots getting their offer declined and then sending a message afterwards. Seems like there are a thousands of people that dwell on eBay just to beg for free stuff/deep discounts. A lot of the damn grammar is awful too...ugh

The safest/best transactions are the ones where the buyer just presses the add to cart button, seller ships the item out and nothing is said.

Is there anyway to turn email notifications from eBay off? I've been getting swamped in dumbass messages from bottom dwellers trying to haggle on items that don't even have best offer option, people wanting to buy "outside" eBay/directoy though PayPal, or idiots getting their offer declined and then sending a message afterwards. Seems like there are a thousands of people that dwell on eBay just to beg for free stuff/deep discounts. A lot of the damn grammar is awful too...ugh

The safest/best transactions are the ones where the buyer just presses the add to cart button, seller ships the item out and nothing is said.
Or you could just lower your price/do an auction, you bastard.

Jesus christ. I may have just set myself up for this, but I think I'm going to stop selling items that require any sort of activation/etc. There are just too many people out there who apparently can't or flat out won't read the simplest of directions.

I sold a prepaid sim card/airtime kit and the guy is acting like it's freaking rocket science to activate or create an account. I had a spare kit lying around, and I'm on prepaid/my billing cycle is almost up, so I figured I would try myself. It literally took me 10 minutes tops, and I had no issues whatsoever. I provided screenshots of the entire process (obviously editing out my own personal info) and sent it to him, but somehow he can't get it to work.

I feel sorta bad because it probably looks like I don't want to process a return (I've sent the buyer 5-10 messages already trying to troubleshoot the issue), but really it shouldn't be this difficult. Why are people so difficult. WHY?!

Dear DisGonnaBeGood,
We are writing to let you know one of your buyers opened a case for this transaction. The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchase.

Here are the case details:

• Buyer's name: Exxxxx Cxxxxx
  • Buyer's email: [email protected]
  • Buyer's transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Your transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Transaction date: January 8, 2017
  • Transaction amount: $27.99 USD
  • Disputed amount: $27.99 USD
Our records show tracking information is available for this transaction. We will review this as soon as possible. At this time, we need no further action or information from you.

Thank you for your patience during this process. We appreciate your business.

You can find additional information and tips about buying and selling safely on our Business Resource Center. After you log in to your PayPal account, click Tools, and then click Business Resource Center under "Grow your business."

Sincerely,

PayPal
People are just screwing me left and right (different buyer from my previous post). I swear I've had more issues selling on eBay is past year than I've ever had when selling anything on Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon isn't allowing certain items to be sold through the marketplace any more or you have to get permission or some stupid crap like that.

Looks like because I provided tracking information I am safe? The idiot buyer didn't even contact me directly and instead filed a claim right away.

People are just screwing me left and right (different buyer from my previous post). I swear I've had more issues selling on eBay is past year than I've ever had when selling anything on Amazon. Unfortunately Amazon isn't allowing certain items to be sold through the marketplace any more or you have to get permission or some stupid crap like that.

Looks like because I provided tracking information I am safe? The idiot buyer didn't even contact me directly and instead filed a claim right away.
Sorry, bro. People are fucking awful. That is why I write for a living and interact with people as little as possible.

Anybody ever recover an account deleted by ebay? Apparently mine has been wiped out. I was strictly a buyer and while I didn't use it often, I did make two purchases last June. Only email I ever got about being deleted for inactivity was back in 2013, which I promptly signed in and updated my info. Now, it doesn't recognize my ID or email. If I try the option to reset my password through my paypal login, it lists my ID and email as xxxx@deleted. Any opinions on if it is worth contacting them or just move on to either a new account or buy as guest?

I hate it when people advertise things (margaritmoralesreye0, in my case Psp batteries) as authentic/genuine/official, when I know that it's clearly a cheap knock-off. People are to dumb to realize that they just got scammed. This seller went through the trouble to type up an elaborate ad talking about how they are NOS and can't be found anymore, and how they try their best to advertise things correctly. It's so frustrating.

I hate it when people advertise things (margaritmoralesreye0, in my case Psp batteries) as authentic/genuine/official, when I know that it's clearly a cheap knock-off. People are to dumb to realize that they just got scammed. This seller went through the trouble to type up an elaborate ad talking about how they are NOS and can't be found anymore, and how they try their best to advertise things correctly. It's so frustrating.
Those always strike me like the seller is setting up for a defense of plausible deniability if they get called out. If you have half an eye, they telegraph loud and clear that whatever you're looking at isn't authentic and the seller knows it.

bread's done
Back