The greatest rock'n'roll band in the history of music to return for new album/tour?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Teefer, I would never wish you harm, but I hope you burn eternally for writing "greatest rock'n'roll band" and not meaning Led Zeppelin.[/quote]uh, Led Zeppelin really, really sucks and thats real talk.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Hope no longer. It's happening.[/quote]who the hell would hope for that? Faith No More is/was incredibly shitty.

They got one thing right - pop music sucks way more today then it did then. At least back then music was about giving the finger to the system, now it's all about giving 'the man' a blowjob.

I may not listen to any of those bands anymore, but I have way more respect for Limp Bizkit who toured for Napster, then I do for Metallica who sued their fans in hopes of a bigger payday. Metallica are the biggest sell-outs in the history of music.

When you said greatest rock and roll band my first thought was: "Who is the replacement drummer Led Zeppelin found?" Limpybiscuits is NOT the greatest R&R band.

Please change title to reflect real life and not some lil slice of life in tiredfornows bizzaro world.

[quote name='doho7744']When you said greatest rock and roll band my first thought was: "Who is the replacement drummer Led Zeppelin found?" Limpybiscuits is NOT the greatest R&R band.

Please change title to reflect real life and not some lil slice of life in tiredfornows bizzaro world.[/quote]opinions say hello and that you should shut up.

[quote name='tiredfornow']who the hell would hope for that? Faith No More is/was incredibly shitty.[/quote]

I definitely agree, but Pooky was the one hoping for it. I was just spreading the bad news.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I definitely agree, but Pooky was the one hoping for it. I was just spreading the bad news.[/quote]*high five*

:cool:

In other semi-related news Brian Austin Green is making an attempt at reviving his Hip Hop career. He goes on tour with Vanilla Ice next month.

/sarcasm.

Although I disagree with you on them being "The greatest rock N' Roll band in history," or even marginally good. Do you really think they are the greatest rock band in history? I mean...really?

[quote name='Filler2001']KISS > Everyone else[/QUOTE]

Get the hell out of here. I'd rather seeing Limp than Kiss and that's pure asian torture.

When I saw the title I thought it was going to be some ghey shit like the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. I can't wait for the tour. I think I'm going to go lift some weights.

:rofl:

KISS?

I think my dad listens to KISS and I always used to tell him to get with the times and stop blaring that corny make up cock rock.

*runs away crying, but trips

I was using sarcasm to express that the title is wrong to almost every person entering the thread. I do like Kiss though.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You really stink. Stop trolling.[/QUOTE]

I like this band too, but I was uncomfortable with how much its being praised......and Im trolling? YOU SIR just insulted Kiss as well, so HA!!!

[quote name='tiredfornow']:rofl:

KISS?

I think my dad listens to KISS and I always used to tell him to get with the times and stop blaring that corny make up cock rock.[/quote]

Something about this statement is very ironical.

[quote name='Filler2001']I like this band too, but I was uncomfortable with how much its being praised......and Im trolling? YOU SIR just insulted Kiss as well, so HA!!![/quote]You're the reason my poop looks like soft serve and why my hair falls out when I'm sleeping. :cry:

[quote name='tiredfornow']You're the reason my poop looks like soft serve and why my hair falls out when I'm sleeping. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I just LOLd

Wasn't expecting to see Limp Bizkit when I clicked on this thread. Wes has some good stuff though, I recommend listening to Black Light Burns' first album.

You have got to be kidding.

Limp Bizkit is one of those things you have to explain to your kids when they find out you once listened to it on purpose.

But then, if you look at the Billboard charts over the decades and weigh that against what is ow considered the important music of those respective years, such embarrassment has long been a part of living long enough to have teenage children.

I don't know, I'm at the point where I'd rather buy a Limp Bizkit box set than another Korn album. They were better than LB, but kinda wound up like Metallica putting out one too many albums instead of quitting while they were ahead.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I don't know, I'm at the point where I'd rather buy a Limp Bizkit box set than another Korn album. They were better than LB, but kinda wound up like Metallica putting out one too many albums instead of quitting while they were ahead.[/QUOTE]

That requires that one ever had much regard for Korn. About the only nice thing I can say about them is that they contributed to a good South Park episode.

Things have been pretty dismal in music for a long time but there will never cease being bands that owe their success to a new generation of kids needing something call their own instead of hand-me-downs. It's similar to how they give out the Oscars every year no matter how much the movies outright sucked or were so-so at best.

:oops: I like the stuff my mom listed to when she was my age than what I have available to me. :lol:
[quote name='epobirs']You have got to be kidding.

Limp Bizkit is one of those things you have to explain to your kids when they find out you once listened to it on purpose.

But then, if you look at the Billboard charts over the decades and weigh that against what is ow considered the important music of those respective years, such embarrassment has long been a part of living long enough to have teenage children.[/quote]

Nu Metal was just another genere that got popular, like grunge. From Big Hair to Grunge to NuMetal...there's your popular timeline. The thing is, Limp Bizkit and Korn are so hopelessly associated with "teenage angst" that seeing these guys in their early to mid 30's getting up and trying to stomp around and preach consumerism disguised as anarchy will be worth a few laughs. NuMetal seems like it needs another 10 years in the closet before people will appreciate Scratching over a distorted 3 chord guitar part again.....

I forgot about Limp Bizkit's last album. It was sort of a return to form for them. It's a shame that it was only 5-6 tracks because they were pretty good. It wasn't quite as raw as Three Dollah Bill, but it was a strong 70-80% with a touch of their later Poppish work. No doubt this has to do with the brief return of Wes Borlan. So, if you haven't listened to The Unquestionable Truth, do so.

bread's done
Back