The Gregory House, M.D. OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf... When I watch a movie on the Xbox, I can only turn up the television volume about halfway before it stays at that setting- aurally, at least, as the little meter goes up... Is there any way to increase the volume on the 360 itself?

smiley.gif

[quote name='Roufuss']Same reason I uninstalled it, and went back to IE 7.

I used Firefox for awhile but shit leaks memory so bad, and they don't seem to care about fixing it, ever.

Maybe I'll give Opera a try.

But yea, Safari gave me one hell of a headache.[/quote]

If you ask me, and you didn't but I don't care, Firefox is the way to go. The interface makes it worth it...

Opera just doesn't feel right. Customization and shortcuts I just found aggravating. And to boot, the last time I tried to give Opera a fair chance it still had problems rendering some sites correctly.

Avantbrowser is an alternative to IE which was better than IE until IE7... now they're probably about on par.

I've never tried Safari, but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

[quote name='Hex']Wtf... When I watch a movie on the Xbox, I can only turn up the television volume about halfway before it stays at that setting- aurally, at least, as the little meter goes up... Is there any way to increase the volume on the 360 itself?[/quote]

I think it's just the music you can turn up... when you hit the dashboard button the little tab that pops up has a volume option, but.. I'm not sure if it works with the whole system though.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I wonder why it won't work on my laptop, my friend's laptop and my PC.

What the hell is going on?![/QUOTE]

It is not working for me either.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']If you ask me, and you didn't but I don't care, Firefox is the way to go. The interface makes it worth it...

Opera just doesn't feel right. Customization and shortcuts I just found aggravating. And to boot, the last time I tried to give Opera a fair chance it still had problems rendering some sites correctly.

Avantbrowser is an alternative to IE which was better than IE until IE7... now they're probably about on par.

I've never tried Safari, but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.[/QUOTE]

I used Firefox a ton, and it's a memory leak, and it's not really that stable in Vista... it just leaks too much memory to the point where if I'm browsing on the web for awhile, and go to play a memory intensive game, it feels slower, and I got sick of having to restart because Firefox leaked out, on average, 200,000 k of memory (I don't really turn off the computer much if I can avoid it).

Safari was horrible.

IE 7 is really stable and pretty much stole everything I liked about Firefox, but left behind the memory leaks and the constant crashes I'd get on CAG.

I use Opera, but I don't hardly use the internet for anything aside from school, downloads or CAG, none of which requires a bunch of plug ins and shit. In fact, I don't think I have and plug-in's at all. Not even Java stuff.

Senor - Have you just tried resetting your modem, restarting your PC, basic shit like that? I know it might not sound like the problem as all your other internet shit is working(Obviously), but it's worth a shot if you haven't.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Well, that took 5 minutes.

fucking no session saving ability cockshit.[/QUOTE]

I never even got that far in Safari to try it.

It was the fucking blurry, 32x AA'ed text that caused my eyeballs to pound on the walls of my head that made me get rid of that shit.

I only needed session saving in Firefox cause it crashed all the damn time ;)

[quote name='Eviltude']I use Opera, but I don't hardly use the internet for anything aside from school, downloads or CAG, none of which requires a bunch of plug ins and shit. In fact, I don't think I have and plug-in's at all. Not even Java stuff.

Senor - Have you just tried resetting your modem, restarting your PC, basic shit like that? I know it might not sound like the problem as all your other internet shit is working(Obviously), but it's worth a shot if you haven't.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but as Mox said, it shouldn't effect my ability to visit a site.

[quote name='Roufuss']I never even got that far in Safari to try it.

It was the fucking blurry, 32x AA'ed text that caused my eyeballs to pound on the walls of my head that made me get rid of that shit.

I only needed session saving in Firefox cause it crashed all the damn time ;)[/quote]

My three requirements for a browser:

Tabs.
Session saving.
Good keyboard shortcut support.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Yeah, but as Mox said, it shouldn't effect my ability to visit a site.[/QUOTE]Try clearing your cache. It's working fine for me.

And now, back to Metalocalypse.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']My three requirements for a browser:

Tabs.
Session saving.
Good keyboard shortcut support.[/quote]
What do you use session saving for? I never found it all to useful.

[quote name='LiquidNight']Try clearing your cache. It's working fine for me.

And now, back to Metalocalypse.[/QUOTE]

Nope, didn't work. My roommate can't access OiNK either.

[quote name='dcfox']What do you use session saving for? I never found it all to useful.[/quote]

When I'm browsing, I generally go to the same set of pages relatively regularly.

As a lazy fuck of a programmer, I can't be bothered to type in the URLs all the time.

Plus it helps old people like me and Shrike to remember what fucking site we wanted to look at in the first place. ;)

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Damn that Hungry Howie makes a fine pizza.[/quote]

what flavor crust didja get? butter cheese FTW.

Sweet, found out that OiNK is having DNS issues or something like that. I found a backway to get there, but I should be good 'til it's fixed.

[quote name='Moxio']...:puke:[/quote] :twoguns:

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Butter garlic is the way to be homie.[/quote]

that's my 2nd choice, that spicy one SUCKS ASS.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']So did I. I have to think that if I was into... that, I'd prefer pitching to catching.[/QUOTE]

Quiet with this type of talk before the horse shows up with tales of his youth.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']Quiet with this type of talk before the horse shows up with tales of his youth.[/QUOTE]Tales of his youth? That stallion's still in his prime!

Just found out theLCDF TV I ordered just had an update and that Costco is shipping thje updated version. Higher conbtrast ratio but one DVI port instead of 2. I only need oen to hook up a PC to though.

When I get paid this week I'll have to get an HDMI switch and an extra cable.

[quote name='evanft']I 4 starred YYZ, Stop, and Hangar 18 on Hard. w00t.[/quote]

I'm stuck on the set list with madhouse, carry me home, and psychobilly freakout.

Why the hell do you need session saving just for that? Why not set multiple homepages or just use bookmarks?

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']When I'm browsing, I generally go to the same set of pages relatively regularly.

As a lazy fuck of a programmer, I can't be bothered to type in the URLs all the time.

Plus it helps old people like me and Shrike to remember what fucking site we wanted to look at in the first place. ;)[/quote]

Alien Shooter - Vengence, GET. Its awesome. Its like robotron + XCOM.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'm stuck on the set list with madhouse, carry me home, and psychobilly freakout.[/QUOTE]

Carry Me Home is the worst. I was stuck on that one for months.

[quote name='Kayden']

Alien Shooter - Vengence, GET. Its awesome. Its like robotron + XCOM.[/quote]
Was that the game that just came out on PC?

[quote name='Kayden']Why the hell do you need session saving just for that? Why not set multiple homepages or just use bookmarks?.[/quote]

I love session saving because:

I can close firefox with all the tabs. And simply open it back up again when I need to get online. Take that memory leaks.

Sometimes I accidently close the window and lose everything I was looking at.

Sometimes it crashes, or the computer itself crashes.

Sometimes the cat knocks the power off. Or there's a temp power surge that knocks out power.

Basically, it's a good backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back