The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

I've been playing WoW again since WotLK came out but don't really have anything left to do until the next content patch is released since my guild has all the raids on farm. So I'm really only playing the game 2 nights a week for 3 or so hours and was looking for something to play in between raid times.

Where are you guys playing and how do the expansions work in this game?

[quote name='oldboy']^ you mean what state are we playing from?[/QUOTE]

They probably think there are realms similar to WoW

[quote name='Fuzi0n']Where are you guys playing and how do the expansions work in this game?[/QUOTE]

There are multiple realms however you can interchange whenever by clicking on an NPC (If memory serves me correct) Similarly to WoW's expansions, in GW an expansion lets you create new classes and go to new places, however you can still play with people who only own the original Guild Wars in their area.

OK, IGN is William Miraz. I haven't gotten out of the pretty Ascalon, I mostly just made the character as a place holder when I get around to playing. I'm a Hunter, or whatever and I think I'll secondary as a Warrior (They still do that right?)

[quote name='Spybreak8']IGN is Spybreaker and message me if I'm on and you're somewheres hard. I have a bunch of lvl 20s, warrior, monk, ele, ranger, rit.[/QUOTE]

Ummm... That's not possible. You need two names to make a character.

Yea spy breaker, my bad
gw006s.jpg

I played about 5 hours last night and, lol when I was looking for the missing vanguard for one of the Eye of the North quests, I happened to find this guy. You can use him as a mount and he pretty much kicks some serious ass while having cool long range and close range attacks! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
So looks like more people are gettin' in on Eye of the North!
Just putting my name in the hat, sig below.
see you around!

I've been playing a bit more of the Eye of the North than the other expansions. They have neat dungeons as its main feature plus killing lv20 Char never gets old lol.

so correct me if i'm wrong, you can only have certain characters in certain campaigns? If I choose the Assassin I won't be able to play Nightfall or Prophecies...? I'm a little bit confused because I recall starting off in Ascalaon, however, when I created a Dervish, I start off in some other lands....

you can eventually get to all the different campaigns, but for certain characters (dervish, paragon always start in nightfall, assassin, ritualist always start in factions) they have to start in a certain campaign.

The "core" classes, can be made in any campaign and take on the appearance of the campaign they are made in (asian in factions, african in nightfall).

But no, once you get far enough in your starting campaign, you can move on to any other campaign you wish if you own them. The start will also be slightly different than if you were to start in the campaign vs. coming over to that campaign, but its essentially the same thing (you skip some of the noobie stuff)

[quote name='oldboy']currently a Level 6 Ranger w/ no 2nd profession and no attributes set in... How's everyone else doing.[/QUOTE]

Level 4 Ranger, deciding between Warrior and Necromancer.

I think I'm finally coming back to GW. I used to play hardcore for a few years. I was in a top 100 GvG guild and did a lot of the high end PvE stuff. I have like 8 20's. If anyone needs anything hit me up in game under Talon Thrawn although I could be on any of my toons. See you out there!

Been thinking of coming back, if I do I would probably want to get factions and eye of the north as I dont yet have them

If I get the 15 dollar platinum edition from newegg (prophecies + eotn) will I be able to add eotn to my existing account, or is that more to draw in new players? And would I get any benefit from having prophecies added again? (I think it used to give you more character slots or something but I havnt played since before factions came out excluding the week or so around nightfall's release)

Had some good times last night taking advantage of the double faction @ Jade Quarry / Fort Aspenwood.

Fort Aspenwood was actually a ton of fun. Reminded me of Assault maps from the UT series.

[quote name='Kaoz']Been thinking of coming back, if I do I would probably want to get factions and eye of the north as I dont yet have them

If I get the 15 dollar platinum edition from newegg (prophecies + eotn) will I be able to add eotn to my existing account, or is that more to draw in new players? And would I get any benefit from having prophecies added again? (I think it used to give you more character slots or something but I havnt played since before factions came out excluding the week or so around nightfall's release)[/quote]

I know the Prophecies GOTY edition gives you bonus items, and some versions have a Fire Imp skill: not sure if the Platinum Edition has them. You only get 1 CD-key so Prophecies becomes redundant.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy'] You only get 1 CD-key so Prophecies becomes redundant.[/quote]

Thats what I figured, but its cheaper as a bundle than just buying eotn on its own so its still worth getting the platinum edition. Thanks.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Anniversary celebration this weekend. Should be fun. Still waiting for the storage upgrades: $10 per pane is a rip-off though.[/QUOTE]
Yea, but the great thing is its just adding the option for more storage if its worth 10$ to you. If not, no big deal.

Been Dragon Arena-ing like theres no tomorrow.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Yea, but the great thing is its just adding the option for more storage if its worth 10$ to you. If not, no big deal.

Been Dragon Arena-ing like theres no tomorrow.[/quote]

GW doesn't charge a monthly so it doesn't have a pool of revenue to dip into compared to say WoW. I understand the need to charge $10 for a storage pane and $10/15 to change your appearance, but for that price you can get another character slot instead. Yes there's a small bit of hassle in transferring items between characters but I would definitely consider that before an extra storage pane.

The Zaishen Menagerie is nice: I finally got rid of my level 20 Stalker and caught a Phoenix. The Zaishen Quests involve quite a bit of grind but they're not too hard: almost like double-dipping quests/missions if you haven't done them yet.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']GW doesn't charge a monthly so it doesn't have a pool of revenue to dip into compared to say WoW. I understand the need to charge $10 for a storage pane and $10/15 to change your appearance, but for that price you can get another character slot instead. Yes there's a small bit of hassle in transferring items between characters but I would definitely consider that before an extra storage pane.

The Zaishen Menagerie is nice: I finally got rid of my level 20 Stalker and caught a Phoenix. The Zaishen Quests involve quite a bit of grind but they're not too hard: almost like double-dipping quests/missions if you haven't done them yet.[/QUOTE]
Another character slot? Hell for 5$ more you can get another account, AND get the 4th anniversary free storage.

Doesn't make pricing sense to me, but then we aren't their target audience with this stuff.

I played the other night and the new update is nice but I'm not going to pay for more fake storage for items. I'd rather buy an arcade game than waste money on more storage panels. I went on a selling binge and sold everything that wasn't gold or green lol. Screw it.

I just saw that earlier, I'm kind of excited about it. I was hoping the FAQs page would have more info than before. Guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait :(

Ah hell yea, that looks awesome, I can't wait. Glad they showed off so many locations and it looks like we can probably swim this time?!

bread's done
Back