The 'Hip to be Square' Song of the Moment

Jamie Foxx ft./ Ludacris- Unpredictable

Anybody have this cd? I'm thinking about picking it up, damn Jamie Foxx got a good voice.

Well, now I´ve got ¨Hip to be Square¨in my head, but prior to reading the thread title it would have been Fiona Apple - Extraordinary Machine.

[quote name='capitalist_mao']Any electronic music (except for Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method or Paul Oakenfold, because they suck too much to be hip about anything).[/QUOTE]

I know I'm a little late to the game but how can you compare the Chemical Brothers to Crystal Method and Paul Oakenfold?

Crystal Method - have always had a nice sound but are not very progressive and always seem "very american" to me in their take on electronic music. Some of their remixes are pretty good, but they are never going to exceed your expectations.

Paul Oakenfold - I love house - Paul is a little too cheesy for me. And yes, his cheese slide began before Planet Perfecto and that song that he did with that group - you know what I'm talking about. Very not good.

Chemical Brothers - constantly innovative, constantly changing, constantly current - you might not like Galvanize or the new album in general but the Brothers have been evolving and inventing for 10 years. Its hard to believe that anyone who knows electronic music doesn't at least respect what they have brought to the table.

Mindless Self Indulgence - Backmaskwarning!

I've never really given Mindless Self Indulgence's work a chance, as I can't stand the people who tend to listen to them... but, wow; they're actually pretty good. I enjoy how tongue-in-cheek the lyrics and overall presentation is. Good white boy hip-hop / industrial hybrid, too.

I'm also impressed by the lead singer making the crowd say "SUCK" when he say "WE"; upon them doing so, he calls them "dick", as though they were an entity -- which they are, I guess. ... or did he mean that they sucked dick? Oh, well.

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']Amy Jo Johnson - Cat in The Snow[/QUOTE]

... the Pink Ranger had a singing career? That's as strange as Edward Furlong having a singing career in Japan after Terminator 2 released. One of my pals had the album (it was his wife's) -- embarrassing.

Artist: Immortal Technique
Track: Dance with the Devil
Album: Revolutionary Vol. 1

One of the most raw and unforgiving songs ever made!

Mindless Self Indulgence - Harry Truman
Daft Punk - Robot Rock

Post Punk was another way to describe the New Wave/New Romantics movement in the late 70's and early 80's, there are no bands out today that can be called "post punk" since the term is 20+ years old.

Having said that....

The Cars - Moving In Stereo
Planet P Project - Why Me
Sweet - Love is Like Oxygen

[quote name='HeadRusch']Post Punk was another way to describe the New Wave/New Romantics movement in the late 70's and early 80's, there are no bands out today that can be called "post punk" since the term is 20+ years old. [/QUOTE]

So today's rock and roll can't be referred to as "rock and roll" since it's creation was in the 1950s in the American south, with r&b roots because it's mutated and progressed over the years, in addition to being created over 50 years ago?

Also, post-punk and the post-punk revival aren't the same genre as "new-wave", and are still prominent sounds in music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-punk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-punk_revival

bread's done
Back