The 'Hip to be Square' Song of the Moment

[quote name='Brak']So today's rock and roll can't be referred to as "rock and roll" since it's creation was in the 1950s in the American south, with r&b roots because it's mutated and progressed over the years, in addition to being created over 50 years ago?
[/QUOTE]

I dont think modern bands can be called post-punk if punk has been dead for 30 years and the band is made up of kids who never knew a world without MTV :p

Nor would I call a modern band using Synthesizers to be a "New Wave" act. Post Punk and New Wave and New Romanticisim all refer to generes of music at a specific point in time, they aren't "broad labels" to be slapped on any old band playing detuned guitars or that have a synth rack making the music.

Also, post-punk and the post-punk revival aren't the same genre as "new-wave", and are still prominent sounds in music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-punk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-punk_revival
[/QUOTE]

Whatever, Post-Punk-Revival......I guess I'd buy that. Just dont call it post punk, cuz that ended in like 84......

[quote name='onetrackmind']Jim Carroll - People Who Died[/QUOTE]

Nice one, onetrack! I'm listening to that one right now. :)

Jim Carrol Band -- Catholic Boy

[quote name='1modernboy']Nice one, onetrack! I'm listening to that one right now. :)

Jim Carrol Band -- Catholic Boy[/QUOTE]

nice to see another Jim Carroll fan on the boards! Great song btw.

[quote name='onetrackmind']Fear - I Love Livin' In The City[/QUOTE]

YES! You have the best taste in music, my friend.

Black Flag - Depression

We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor, the album.

Very nice.

Dillinger escape plan - clip the apex, 43% burn

Anterrabae - how joey got his groove back

poison the well - nerdy

gomo - I wonder

taking back sunday - you're so last summer

I guess I'm a little confused. And there is no need to pwn me, I'm not a noob, but are these songs you like or what?

[quote name='SIUfan86']I guess I'm a little confused. And there is no need to pwn me, I'm not a noob, but are these songs you like or what?[/QUOTE]

yes but its really meant to be the songs that you are listening to right now.

Mondo Generator - The Drug Problem that Never Existed, the album.

bread's done
Back