The Ilovebees.com countdown HAS ENDED, what will or has happened?

[quote name='Girion47']If you read the facts about the bees on the right of the page then the bees sound a lot like the Flood. like maybe the flood is used to protect the forerunner's "loot"? Who knows maybe Bungie has kept it secret that the Flood are going to play a huge role and MC is going to have to destroy the queen flood? I dunno. really a stretch but still possible[/quote]

That might tie in with one of the quotes from Melissa- "More important than 100,000 (?) lives". The loot is worth protecting, and more valuable than countless lives.

Going with that though then mabye Melissa isnt a human AI at all but a Forerunner AI like Guilty Spark that wants to make sure that a ringworld isnt used to destroy all of the life in the universe.

She's obviously good at taking over computer systems maybe Melissa was a cover for her forerunner AI and she beleives that that is who she is thats why she cang question her identity because its hidden so far down and if she were to know it in this handicapped position she might comprimise her mission.

[quote name='epobirs']In case anyone has been wondering about Jan's full name:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=janissary

This is a major clue as to her special abilities. I wouldn't be surprised if she had a cousin who went by the name Luke.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=mameluke

(Note: An upcoming sequel to Jerry Pournelle's Janissaries series is entitled Mamelukes.)[/quote]

I was about to mention the very same thing. I've been finding the naming conventions too odd ("James James"?") to be nothing more than just how perople address the character.

James James is odd but you probably find at least one Jim James in the phone book of any good sized town.

I long ago worked at a place where one of the out-of-office programmers was named William Williams. Bill, as he was generally known, was a real genius who did astounding things on several generations of home computer hardware. It wasn't until I saw his obituary a few years later that I learned he was living with Cystic Fibrosis throughout his life.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think these .wav files sound like really bad voice acting. These people just sound like they're reading and trying to inflect emotion from a paper.

[quote name='psychotik']Is it just me, or does anyone else think these .wav files sound like really bad voice acting. These people just sound like they're reading and trying to inflect emotion from a paper.[/quote]

Just the opposite. It sounds a major leap over typical video game voicework and holds up pretty well against most professional radio plays I've ever heard. What is your basis for comparison if you think this is bad?

The quality of the voicework is what really impresses me about this. The cost of getting that stuff put together isn't minor. It makes me wonder if it will be used as part of a larger commerical product rather than just this promotional effort.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Anything new today on ilovebees.com?

Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

Just a lot more of the axons getting filled in. Since the number currently available is well short of the 777 suggested it is expected some new material will appear once some or all of the axon sets are completed.

Ironically enough, I'm studying the central nervous system in my Psych class and today's lecture was filled with a lot of talk about axons...I kept thinking of damn Ilovebees everytime I heard it.

[quote name='Cracka']well all i have to say is.....

A SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET[/quote]

hWHAT??

for some reason your nonsensical post sent me into fits of laughter, thank you for that

[quote name='Girion47']If you read the facts about the bees on the right of the page then the bees sound a lot like the Flood. like maybe the flood is used to protect the forerunner's "loot"? Who knows maybe Bungie has kept it secret that the Flood are going to play a huge role and MC is going to have to destroy the queen flood? I dunno. really a stretch but still possible[/quote]

What a cliche. You've never played Marathon, have you?

[quote name='BigNick']I am lazy, and I dont want to read 24 pages. What happened at these so called sites?[/quote]

Except we're supposed to check consolidated threads for deals at Target, Best Buy, etc.. and that's considered normal.

[quote name='jer0009']Has anyone noticed one of the Axons has been cancled[/quote]

Maybe it was activated by mistake and they fixed it. Which axon was it?

People are guessing that this location was a bust, missing phone, no incoming calls, or bungie just got one wrong. It's very possible, coordinating phone calls to 200 some places around the US, there's bound to be a few problems. They could have ripped the phone out a few days ago, who knows.

They also might want to be speeding up the Axon completion because we aren't filling them very quickly..

Haven't seen this before, my bad if it's already been posted here somewhere.

From the Axon screen, click on Myth of Comatas on the left and then click on the bee when next screen comes up. Highlight the text onscreen for a conversation the AI seems to be aving with itself as it tries to repair. Part of this is the following;

All right. Old joke:

Marine: Damn right, I'm running away! There's two of us, alone, on foot, no weapons, and four hundred Covies on the other side of that hill. What are you going to do, tough guy--field-rig a railgun out of a rubber band and my dental fillings?
Spartan (speculatively): You have fillings...?

I think it might be safe to assume that when the Marine says "Covies" they are referring to Covenant forces.

Maybe this is old, but it just seemed like a nice direct link to Halo for me...

[quote name='jer7583']People are guessing that this location was a bust, missing phone, no incoming calls, or bungie just got one wrong. It's very possible, coordinating phone calls to 200 some places around the US, there's bound to be a few problems. They could have ripped the phone out a few days ago, who knows.

They also might want to be speeding up the Axon completion because we aren't filling them very quickly..[/quote]

Hopefully a lot more holes will be filled tomorrow since more people will be free of work and school.

Still plenty to do in LA County tomorrow:

Parasites
09:32 PDT - -118.481280,33.999870 | Los Angeles, California, United States
Main ST. near Ashland Ave.

You_Could
10:08 PDT - -118.389788,34.077075 | Los Angeles, California, United States
Intersection of Doheny Dr. and Beverly Hills Blvd.

Nervous
11:11 PDT - -118.494410,34.012570 | Los Angeles, California, United States
2nd St. near Colorado Ave.

Meditape
16:03 PDT - -118.311792,34.183148 | Burbank, California, United States
Magnolia and San Fernando

16:07 PDT - -117.729117,34.107226 | Pomona, California, United States
Foothill Blvd. and Mountain Av.

16:11 PDT - -118.359091,34.071102 | Los Angeles, California, United States
3rd St and Colgate Av.

Pillow
16:15 PDT - -118.438627,34.075197 | Los Angeles, California, United States
Within UCLA Campus on Hilgard AV near Sunset Blvd.

[quote name='epobirs']James James is odd but you probably find at least one Jim James in the phone book of any good sized town.

I long ago worked at a place where one of the out-of-office programmers was named William Williams. Bill, as he was generally known, was a real genius who did astounding things on several generations of home computer hardware. It wasn't until I saw his obituary a few years later that I learned he was living with Cystic Fibrosis throughout his life.[/quote]

Off-topic, but I've always wondered the same thing about mustachioed Colt .45 malt liquor pitch man Billy Dee Williams. Dude's name is William Dee Williams? :shock:

There are five locations left in my area, Los Angeles County, and I'm thinking of making the trip. I think there may be some in Orange County, too but that is quite a haul for me under current circumstances.

I'm a bit disappointed that more people aren't getting all the axons lit. Perhaps if 'Melissa' would offer more indication of further material if the task is completed.

It's not like Halo is going to have a groundbreaking story anyway... the first was hardly expansive...

Ah, I finally got through and I now I see the count has picked up where the old left off. THe question is apparently answered or Bungie got tired of waiting.

I also notice it's now groups of nine axons per WAV file. Perhaps they really are getting impatient.

This seems to be our best bet at the moment. Grabbed it from the unfiction forums.

I'm sure glad that it was determined that you don't need to say the name of your .wav file group. Otherwise I'd have to shout 'panic button' into a public phone in the middle of a busy mall. :lol:

[quote name='epobirs']There is repitition. One of the Burbank, CA locations is identical.[/quote]

So is the one I mentioned. They are repeating all the successful axons and weeding out the unsuccessful ones.

I don't think so. The one in Burbank was never activated and the list you linked has a lot of entirely new locations. A big cluster in Berkely, for instance.

[quote name='epobirs']I was wondering the same. Also, on this page,
http://www.thebruce.ca/ilovebees/
if you go to 'THe Axon Plot' there is a set of WAVs that I don't see linked anywhere.

The names are Hello, Troy, Receipt, and Goodbye. Where are these located?[/quote]

I'm going to admit that I am an absolute foolio, and have no idea how to figure out the locations (to find if there are any near me - the closest the last group came was about 5 hours away). Can anyone guide me to a location list (or explain how thebruce's location works)?

myke.

[quote name='epobirs']I don't think so. The one in Burbank was never activated and the list you linked has a lot of entirely new locations. A big cluster in Berkely, for instance.[/quote]

Hmm, the unfiction guys saw alot of successful axons in the new list, including the one I plan on going to. I'm sure not all of the successful axons are in the new list. Perhaps they only removed the ones they felt would never be answered, but included probable ones like the one you mentioned in Burbank.

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='epobirs']I don't think so. The one in Burbank was never activated and the list you linked has a lot of entirely new locations. A big cluster in Berkely, for instance.[/quote]

Hmm, the unfiction guys saw alot of successful axons in the new list, including the one I plan on going to. I'm sure not all of the successful axons are in the new list. Perhaps they only removed the ones they felt would never be answered, but included probable ones like the one you mentioned in Burbank.[/quote]

Or it has nothing to do with whether they were previously activated. Who, besides Bungie, knows how many sites they have in their database? It could be a randomly drawn list for each phase. Impossible to say at this point.

[quote name='mykevermin'][quote name='epobirs']I was wondering the same. Also, on this page,
http://www.thebruce.ca/ilovebees/
if you go to 'THe Axon Plot' there is a set of WAVs that I don't see linked anywhere.

The names are Hello, Troy, Receipt, and Goodbye. Where are these located?[/quote]

I'm going to admit that I am an absolute foolio, and have no idea how to figure out the locations (to find if there are any near me - the closest the last group came was about 5 hours away). Can anyone guide me to a location list (or explain how thebruce's location works)?

myke.[/quote]

Most map sites will let you enter GPS coordinates as presented on the axon list.

bread's done
Back