The Incredibles (4-Disc 2 BDs+DVD+DC) $10 DMR Upgrade & Cars (BD+DVD) $8 DMR Upgrade

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
incrediblesupgrade860x800md1ojg1302200814143.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/incredibles-upgrade

[FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936244250 (widescreen)
786936279979 (pan & scan)

carsupgrade860x800md1ojg1302211415690.jpg

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/promotions/special-offers/cars-upgrade

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]786936734041 Blu-ray 1-Disc[/FONT]
786936271898 DVD Widescreen
786936708103 DVD Fullscreen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hold_me']I've struck out at two Wal-Marts (Madison, WI east and Sun Prairie) so far. They'll take both coupons, but they won't match the BB $10 off on top of the coupons even though I had the BB ad.[/QUOTE]

Ended up getting mine at eastowne best buy... they were apparently not in stock Tuesday but got them yesterday for $24.18.

A side comment... the walmarts around here are super shitty. I recently moved here and trying to find a supercenter was a challenge... I did not realize their was only one in Madison. Seemed a bit ridiculous given the size.

Just tried to print out the $10 Incredibles coupon and the site says I've already redeemed it. Did I wait too long?

I tried to price match at Wal-mart and failed. Walmart has the dumbest people on the planet earth.

I went up there with both movies the maked them down to $25 and the fat ugly manager with a wart on her nose looked at the AD and said that is for a free movie ticket. I argued NO it is $10 if you buy both she said no you have to go there and get a free movie ticket. Its like they don't even listen to what you say.

Looks like I may pass on the deal.....

[quote name='SDC']Just tried to print out the $10 Incredibles coupon and the site says I've already redeemed it. Did I wait too long?[/QUOTE]

I think you might have, I remember I tried printing the Nausica sp!?! Coupon the week after and it wouldn't let me. =/

EDIT: I just checked from this computer and they seem to be live still, maybe try and use a different browser.

[quote name='Mikerocosms']The Best Buy forums confirm that there should be no issue with using these coupons with the sale.

LINK

M[/QUOTE]

this should FINALLY put to an end any issues at the register, I would print that out and bring it with you to show in case they give you any crap

[quote name='henry00x']this should FINALLY put to an end any issues at the register, I would print that out and bring it with you to show in case they give you any crap[/QUOTE]

You would think, I really hope this doesn't make things ymmv anymore for the sake of all our sanity and frustration here!

[quote name='Mikerocosms']The Best Buy forums confirm that there should be no issue with using these coupons with the sale.

LINK

M[/QUOTE]

YES!!! Thank you so much!

I stopped at BB after work to give it another go, and was shot down again. Actually it would have worked had the one coupon not scanned as Bambi, which caused the clerk to summon a key-holder, but I digress... I was told that it was an "either/or" deal and that I could either buy the movies separately and use a coupon for each, or I could buy them together and take the $10 off. Tired of fucking with this deal, I buy them separately and use both coupons.

When I got home, I saw your post with the link. I go back and talk to the manager. I politely explain what happened, and I used my phone to show him the post on the BB forum. He apologizes and gives me $10 back in cash. It took forever and multiple trips, but - SUCCESS!!!

Thanks again Mikerocosms! I couldn't have done it without you!

I had a new cashier at best buy. No problems other than he didn't know how to manually enter the manufacturer coupons. When he saw the total he laughed at the price.

Even though bestbuy.com said the store had Cars 2-disc blu ray in stock, the store was sold out. I asked a bestbuy employee if it's possible there were still some in the stock room in the back. She wouldn't check or help at all.

So I drove accross the street to Target and just bought the Incredibles blu-ray for 12.XX after using the $10 DMR coupon and the $5 bunny coupon. The cashier stared at the bunny coupon for like 3 full minutes, but it scanned fine and he finally put it through. I already have a sealed Cars single disc blu ray at home, so it worked out alright in the end.

What I reported earlier in the week worked. The TRU buy both save 10 bucks and their new sale that started today buy 1 get 1 40% off blus and dvds stacked. I don't know how long they will work since TRU will sometimes fix it.

So between that and the 2 Disney coupons and my 10% off discount I paid 13.95 after tax for both combined.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']What I reported earlier in the week worked. The TRU buy both save 10 bucks and their new sale that started today buy 1 get 1 40% off blus and dvds stacked. I don't know how long they will work since TRU will sometimes fix it.

So between that and the 2 Disney coupons and my 10% off discount I paid 13.95 after tax for both combined.[/QUOTE]

Worked for me as well this morning. 14.98 for both blu's after coupons. 17 something after tax.

Hahaha, Jesus. I'm at best buy right now, I showed them the notice on their customer support forum on their own computer. (as if I could fake an entire forum) and they're still arguing that "it could be anyone posting that" and not an admin/best buy employee.
The lady is calling corporate now...

Wow. I just got back from my Best Buy (Brier Creek, Raleigh) and had no issues. The guy checked the coupons against the product I was purchasing but then boom! $18 off. Walked out with Cars, Incredibles, and the BB exclusive disc version of Harry Potter for $45 + tax.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']What I reported earlier in the week worked. The TRU buy both save 10 bucks and their new sale that started today buy 1 get 1 40% off blus and dvds stacked. I don't know how long they will work since TRU will sometimes fix it.

So between that and the 2 Disney coupons and my 10% off discount I paid 13.95 after tax for both combined.[/QUOTE]

damn, i should of waited a few days. ah well.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']damn, i should of waited a few days. ah well.[/QUOTE]
You can always go back and print a second coupon for each, then 'exchange' your BB copies for TRU if you want. It's ~$7 difference, so it might be worth pursuing to you.

[quote name='Jodou']You can always go back and print a second coupon for each, then 'exchange' your BB copies for TRU if you want. It's ~$7 difference, so it might be worth pursuing to you.[/QUOTE]

Itd be too much of a hassle. I had them pricematched at Wal-Mart. Plus the price of gas...........yah.

I was just saying...."darn."

The freaking Disney Coupon Installer didn't work so when I went back to re-enter my DVD UPC, it says that I already redeemed the offer... oh well! I totally would of bit on this but now it just seems like too much trouble to deal with Customer Service and all that jazz.

Thanks anyway OP!

Bought a set today at TRU with double promos (-$10/40%) plus Disney coupons $17.77 for a set (includes tax - 8.45%)

My Best Buy wouldn't do both either. I was like whatever, just do the coupons... it's not worth my time to argue. What doesn't seem right to me is that when I got home I noticed that both my 2 DMR coupons and my Reward Zone certificate were taken off AFTER taxes. That's not right, is it?

[quote name='Kazuya']My Best Buy wouldn't do both either. I was like whatever, just do the coupons... it's not worth my time to argue. What doesn't seem right to me is that when I got home I noticed that both my 2 DMR coupons and my Reward Zone certificate were taken off AFTER taxes. That's not right, is it?[/QUOTE]At least for me, BB does coupons post-tax, not pre-tax. Target does them pre-tax.

[quote name='donut']Bought a set today at TRU with double promos (-$10/40%) plus Disney coupons $17.77 for a set (includes tax - 8.45%)[/QUOTE]

gah! I just remembered a $10 off $50 TRU coupon I have!
dab nab it, it would have stacked!

don't be like me! take any of those along also...

too far to drive back for the $10...

[quote name='texasnightowl']I'm sometimes envious of those of you with TRU's that are convenient. I don't have one that I would call convenient.[/QUOTE]

mine really isn't, but I coupled it with a trip to Sears across the street...finally located a wii WW Smooth Moves for a good price....

[quote name='Kazuya']My Best Buy wouldn't do both either. I was like whatever, just do the coupons... it's not worth my time to argue. What doesn't seem right to me is that when I got home I noticed that both my 2 DMR coupons and my Reward Zone certificate were taken off AFTER taxes. That's not right, is it?[/QUOTE]It depends on the state.

Like here in RI coupon are post-tax while MA coupon are pre-tax. I've done many shopping in both states (because RI is SMALL!) and it's always constant...unless there's a law change in the future.

[quote name='Ianscloset']The freaking Disney Coupon Installer didn't work so when I went back to re-enter my DVD UPC, it says that I already redeemed the offer... oh well! I totally would of bit on this but now it just seems like too much trouble to deal with Customer Service and all that jazz.

Thanks anyway OP![/QUOTE]

They are still on your account. Click on "My DMR" on the main page after logging in, then under the "My Points" Section, click on "Unlocked Offers". Should be there, under "You have earned the following coupon(s)". Click on the link for the coupon to print. As long as it has not printed yet, you can print it out. Since you get 2 per computer, you should still have one you can print. This is where you would go to redeem you free Cars 2 movie cash as well.

Also posted on Blu Ray forum.

Just got back from Toys R Us. Awesome deal, here's the breakdown (disregarding the way TRU prorates discounts between each item):

Illumination Station 8.99 (this is a baby toy I bought)
Incredibles 34.99
Cars 29.99

Total: 73.97

Discounts:
-$12 for 40% off of Cars (2 day sale in stores)
-$10 discount for buying both
-$10 TRU store coupon ($10 off a purchase of $50 or more that came in mail)
-$10 Cars Promo (I have no clue what this is)
-$10 DMR coupon
-$8 DMR coupon

Total: 13.97 + tax

The actual breakdown on the receipt is this:
Illumination Station:
8.99 - 2.14 ($10 off $50) = 6.85

Incredibles:
34.99 - 0.00 (BOGO 40% off)
34.99 - 6.60 (Cars Promo)
28.39 - 5.00 ($5 off Item)
23.39 - 5.58 ($10 off $50)
Total price for Incredibles: $17.81

Cars:
29.99 - 12.00 (BOGO 40% off)
17.99 - 3.40 (Cars Promo)
14.59 - 5.00 ($5 off item)
9.59 - 2.28 ($10 off $50)

- $10 Vendor Coupon
- $8 Vendor Coupon

Total 13.97 + tax

So yes, that $10 off $50 coupon does work (despite some folks telling me it wouldn't work earlier this week). Of course I got 3 items, I don't know if it would work with only 2 since I didn't try it.

[quote name='Darkwormer']They are still on your account. Click on "My DMR" on the main page after logging in, then under the "My Points" Section, click on "Unlocked Offers". Should be there, under "You have earned the following coupon(s)". Click on the link for the coupon to print. As long as it has not printed yet, you can print it out. Since you get 2 per computer, you should still have one you can print. This is where you would go to redeem you free Cars 2 movie cash as well.[/QUOTE]

It appears to think that installing the coupon printer equates to having printed the coupon, because i got this error as well, and used the process you mentioned to try and bypass the error. I ended up calling DMR about it, and they said I could have one mailed to me for free that would have an extended expiration date on it. Now I just need to raincheck a copy of The Incredibles, and I'm golden.

Got denied using the coupons at one TRU. Manager said they didn't get reimbursed by Disney. Went over to another one across town and got Cars/Incredibles for $16.63.

[quote name='ShadowEX']It depends on the state.

Like here in RI coupon are post-tax while MA coupon are pre-tax. I've done many shopping in both states (because RI is SMALL!) and it's always constant...unless there's a law change in the future.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, thanks. I misspoke about the Reward Zone cert being after tax; due to the way they spread it among the items it was hard to tell at first, but it actually is pre-tax. The DMR coupons were after tax, but for all I know it's always been that way.

[quote name='typical guy']Also posted on Blu Ray forum.

Just got back from Toys R Us. Awesome deal, here's the breakdown (disregarding the way TRU prorates discounts between each item):

Illumination Station 8.99 (this is a baby toy I bought)
Incredibles 34.99
Cars 29.99

Total: 73.97

Discounts:
-$12 for 40% off of Cars (2 day sale in stores)
-$10 discount for buying both
-$10 TRU store coupon ($10 off a purchase of $50 or more that came in mail)
-$10 Cars Promo (I have no clue what this is)
-$10 DMR coupon
-$8 DMR coupon

Total: 13.97 + tax

The actual breakdown on the receipt is this:
Illumination Station:
8.99 - 2.14 ($10 off $50) = 6.85

Incredibles:
34.99 - 0.00 (BOGO 40% off)
34.99 - 6.60 (Cars Promo)
28.39 - 5.00 ($5 off Item)
23.39 - 5.58 ($10 off $50)
Total price for Incredibles: $17.81

Cars:
29.99 - 12.00 (BOGO 40% off)
17.99 - 3.40 (Cars Promo)
14.59 - 5.00 ($5 off item)
9.59 - 2.28 ($10 off $50)

- $10 Vendor Coupon
- $8 Vendor Coupon

Total 13.97 + tax

So yes, that $10 off $50 coupon does work (despite some folks telling me it wouldn't work earlier this week). Of course I got 3 items, I don't know if it would work with only 2 since I didn't try it.[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that if you hadn't got that baby toy, your total out the door would have been ~$5? Also, this 2 day sale thing....is it Friday/saturday?

[quote name='typical guy']So yes, that $10 off $50 coupon does work (despite some folks telling me it wouldn't work earlier this week). Of course I got 3 items, I don't know if it would work with only 2 since I didn't try it.[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to use the coupon.

The 3rd item was what made you able to use the coupon. It pushed your subtotal above the $50 at the right time for the coupon.

Picked up The Incredibles at BB. Scanned coupon without a problem. The $10 came off post tax. I have the old Cars release so didn't pick that up again.

I went to BB and they only let me use one of the DMR coupons ($10) because it said not applicable with any other offer". Oh well, both movies for $30 isn't terrible,

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I went to BB and they only let me use one of the DMR coupons ($10) because it said not applicable with any other offer". Oh well, both movies for $30 isn't terrible,[/QUOTE]Print out the following posting, from the BB website:

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...cies/Disney-Movie-Rewards-Coupons/td-p/269216

Go back into the store and ask them to do their job and give you both the sale discount price with the $10 package price, and the coupon price.

Originally posted here:

LINK

M[/QUOTE]

Anyone that gets crap from BB over the package price and the coupon use should wave the above Best Buy web page in their face. They get reimbursed for the manufacturer's coupons, so they lose nothing in the process by accepting them.

[quote name='aspen1284']So are you saying that if you hadn't got that baby toy, your total out the door would have been ~$5? Also, this 2 day sale thing....is it Friday/saturday?[/QUOTE]

Well, sort of. See, I had a coupon that 99% of the people here don't have. A mailer from TRU included a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase. This meant that I could get the same deal as everyone else ($15 + tax for the movies) plus get another that's $10 or less for free.

[quote name='prim4444']Glad you were able to use the coupon.

The 3rd item was what made you able to use the coupon. It pushed your subtotal above the $50 at the right time for the coupon.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is "the right time"? The vendor coupons come off last and it was only for $10, so if it came off last then the subtotal would be well below 50. Heck, even if you disregard the vendor coupons, 10 + 12 off = 22 off from the other discounts takes it below 50. It really seems to me that this one registers first (I did give it to them before the DMR coupons though).

[quote name='shrike4242']Print out the following posting, from the BB website:

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...cies/Disney-Movie-Rewards-Coupons/td-p/269216

Go back into the store and ask them to do their job and give you both the sale discount price with the $10 package price, and the coupon price.

Originally posted here:

Anyone that gets crap from BB over the package price and the coupon use should wave the above Best Buy web page in their face. They get reimbursed for the manufacturer's coupons, so they lose nothing in the process by accepting them. [/QUOTE]

Or save yourself the hassle and go to TRU and get it for cheaper today.

[quote name='typical guy']Well, sort of. See, I had a coupon that 99% of the people here don't have. A mailer from TRU included a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase. This meant that I could get the same deal as everyone else ($15 + tax for the movies) plus get another that's $10 or less for free.

What exactly is "the right time"? The vendor coupons come off last and it was only for $10, so if it came off last then the subtotal would be well below 50. Heck, even if you disregard the vendor coupons, 10 + 12 off = 22 off from the other discounts takes it below 50. It really seems to me that this one registers first (I did give it to them before the DMR coupons though).[/QUOTE]

I tried to use the same $10 off coupon on just the purchase of the two Disney movies yesterday and it didnt work. I had her re-ring the movies and added a copy of the new Harry Potter in the mix and walked out with all three for $37.00 after taxes.

I ended up getting the 40%($12.00) off on Harry Potter and the $10.00 promo still kicked in for the Cars/Incredibles purchase plus the $18.00 in DMR coupons plus my TRU $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase coupon. So around $12.50 per movie worked out pretty good for me.

[quote name='ajh2298']I tried to use the same $10 off coupon on just the purchase of the two Disney movies yesterday and it didnt work. I had her re-ring the movies and added a copy of the new Harry Potter in the mix and walked out with all three for $37.00 after taxes.

I ended up getting the 40%($12.00) off on Harry Potter and the $10.00 promo still kicked in for the Cars/Incredibles purchase plus the $18.00 in DMR coupons plus my TRU $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase coupon. So around $12.50 per movie worked out pretty good for me.[/QUOTE]

so probably any third item would work. my guess is that its just too many discounts for just two things.

[quote name='typical guy']What exactly is "the right time"? The vendor coupons come off last and it was only for $10, so if it came off last then the subtotal would be well below 50. Heck, even if you disregard the vendor coupons, 10 + 12 off = 22 off from the other discounts takes it below 50. It really seems to me that this one registers first (I did give it to them before the DMR coupons though).[/QUOTE]

I can't get into specific details, but discounts and coupons are taken off purchases in a very specific order. Not always in the order you see on your receipt. The order of discounts and or coupons could also change depending on purchases like this that involve 2 discounts on the same item.

[quote name='prim4444']I can't get into specific details, but discounts and coupons are taken off purchases in a very specific order. Not always in the order you see on your receipt. The order of discounts and or coupons could also change depending on purchases like this that involve 2 discounts on the same item.[/QUOTE]

Do you work for TRU? It just seems to me that any third item was needed? I added an item that was only $8 and it let me use the extra $10 off coupon meaning that third item was free and there was $2 left to come off the movies (although that's not how the receipt shows it for return purposes of course).

If what you are implying is true, only either the $10 or $12 discount came off prior to the 10 off 50 coupon since both of the other discounts together drops it below 50.

Regardless, great deal. i need to figure out if I'm going to use the movie vouchers or sell the codes on Ebay.

edit: One thing's for sure, the 40% off came off cars first since it was $12 off. If I were running TRU, I would have that apply last since 40% off the price after the other discounts is way less.

I tried to print out on one computer but it didn't work. I pulled the Disney site up on a second computer but it tells me I've already redeemed the code and I don't see an option to reprint the coupon. Any advice on how to remedy this?

bread's done
Back