The Invincible Iron Man

R1V3R5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Anyone seen the new animated DVD that was just released? From the trailers it looks pretty cool. However, I saw it tonight and it was painfully boring. It follows the origins (with some minor changes, China instead of Vietnam for example) but it has little or no action. You don't even get to see the cool red/yellow armor until towards the end and even then it's only in the movie for about 5 minutes. I realize they are trying to somewhat follow the origin of Iron Man from the comic but.... sheesh!

[quote name='rodeojones903']I am a HUGE iron man fan, and I fell asleep during it. Its not near as good as the Ultimate Avengers movies.[/QUOTE]

LOL, my roommate fell asleep too!

I was looking forward to getting this this week, but I may wait a bit now. I really liked the Ultimate Avengers movies though. I own both of those so I'll still get the Iron Man one to round out my collection someday.

I am glad I didn't pick this one up. The last two UA movies were kinda boring. Waste of money if you asked me. So I guess I am skipping this one.

I really liked the Ultimate Avenger movies, especially the second which was a great improvement over the first. I was really hoping to get this one this week but now I don't know. It looked good from the trailers.

Thanks for the heads up on this one. UA2 was awesome (Why isn't BP in Ultimates yet?) but with this out of the way, the next animated comics movie that looks halfway decent is NTT: The Judas Contract (YAY NIGHTWING!)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I really liked the Ultimate Avenger movies, especially the second which was a great improvement over the first. I was really hoping to get this one this week but now I don't know. It looked good from the trailers.[/quote]

Ultimate Avenger 1 and 2 were great. I just wish...

Hulk had more of a role in the second one.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Ultimate Avenger 1 and 2 were great. I just wish...

Hulk had more of a role in the second one.
[/quote]

Why do you need a spoiler? I thought that BP's inclusion on the second was awesome and he added a lot more depth and interest to the story. The Nazis and the first were good and the ending with Hulk coming out was great, but Hank Pym and Bruce Banner/Hulk both bothered me in the story. I think partly due to their voice actors that just didn't seem to match up with how they should have sounded. This really affected how Pym should have come off, though they got the pretentious asshole part pretty good.

It really doesn't look that good to me.

The storyline looks jam-packed with story-arcs, and garbled as a result.

sorry I am just too spoiled with DCAU DTV's... Except for that crap they call Braniac Attacks, which I skipped after toonzone.net said stay away from that crap.

[quote name='ITDEFX']sorry I am just too spoiled with DCAU DTV's... Except for that crap they call Braniac Attacks, which I skipped after toonzone.net said stay away from that crap.[/quote]

Yep. DCAU really defines the superhero genre in regards to animation.

Brainiac Attacks was pretty bad.

Because this is geared towards younger viewers, I doubt they even dabble into Stark's alcoholism... and if they do, it'll be neutered.

[quote name='Brak']Because this is geared towards younger viewers, I doubt they even dabble into Stark's alcoholism... and if they do, it'll be neutered.[/QUOTE]

Actually its not. Its rated PG-13 and the first time you see Stark he is in a hot tub with a naked woman.

[quote name='rodeojones903']Actually its not. Its rated PG-13 and the first time you see Stark he is in a hot tub with a naked woman.[/QUOTE]
PG-13? That's like saying Adult Swim is geared towards adults. ;)

Alcoholism is an adult theme -- specifically the introverted struggle that Tony Stark suffered with. Even with a PG-13 rating, I could see them not delving into the alcoholism beyond the mere mention or display of him drinkin' some booze, or whatever.

I don't recall there be any mentioning of alcohol in the movie once. I do know the history of Tony Stark, but they seemed to have skipped over it in this particular movie.

[quote name='valor19']I don't recall there be any mentioning of alcohol in the movie once. I do know the history of Tony Stark, but they seemed to have skipped over it in this particular movie.[/QUOTE]
I'll definitely pass, then.

bread's done
Back