The Ishmael OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I think those high fevers are really starting to effect your better judgement. :shame:

You doubt its greatness? Fear not, for you will soon be a true believer. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Meg White is not hot. The fact that she plays in a rock band does not make her hot.

And Arrested is great...

[quote name='beerguy961']Meg White is not hot. The fact that she plays in a rock band does not make her hot.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about hot as in qualified-for-the-hottest-girls-thread-hot, but she can look pretty good. Usually though, she doesn't.

The rock band thing doesn't really help, but it doesn't hurt either.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']there is no hoping. Its amazing[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that. There seems to be a lot of great comedic talent on the show, so I'm looking forward to watching these discs.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I think those high fevers are really starting to effect your better judgement. :shame:

You doubt its greatness? Fear not, for you will soon be a true believer. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I am running a fever at the moment (I went to the doctor, and received some bad news, also), but my judgement isn't affected. I think she's better looking than the girls I mentioned is all...

I don't doubt the "greatness" of AD, but I don't want to sing its praises without having seen it.

[quote name='beerguy961']Meg White is not hot. The fact that she plays in a rock band does not make her hot.

And Arrested is great...[/QUOTE]

I don't know what is considered "hot" or if "hot" is different from beautiful, but I find her attractive. Her being in a band has nothing to do with her looks.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Arrested is getting high marks here. I must be in for a big treat, then. The only problem is that I will have more DVDs to collect and another show to keep up with if I like the series.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I don't know about hot as in qualified-for-the-hottest-girls-thread-hot, but she can look pretty good. Usually though, she doesn't.

The rock band thing doesn't really help, but it doesn't hurt either.[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying she's ugly. I agree with you. My thing is a lot of guys seem to see her play in a band and think she's hot.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Anyway, I'm glad to hear that Arrested is getting high marks here. I must be in for a big treat, then. The only problem is that I will have more DVDs to collect and another show to keep up with if I like the series.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry too much. It's a wonder the series has made it to a third season as it is, it can't have much life left. It's just that good. :lol:

[quote name='beerguy961']I'm not saying she's ugly. I agree with you. My thing is a lot of guys seem to see her play in a band and think she's hot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate people that automatically label girls as "hot" just because of what they do. What you do doesn't affect your looks, and it's sad that a lot of people would suddenly seem to find a woman attractive only when she does something like join a band or something.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wouldn't worry too much. It's a wonder the series has made it to a third season as it is, it can't have much life left. It's just that good. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well, the brightest stars burn half as long, as they say.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I wouldn't worry too much. It's a wonder the series has made it to a third season as it is, it can't have much life left. It's just that good. :lol:[/QUOTE]
When will the viewers of America realize how great it is? Or is it too cerebral for them... Boy I really hope I spelled "cerebral" correctly. Otherwise I'd look quite the fool...

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yeah, I hate people that automatically label girls as "hot" just because of what they do. What you do doesn't affect your looks, and it's sad that a lot of people would suddenly seem to find a woman attractive only when she does something like join a band or something.[/QUOTE]

I'll say this: What they do doesn't matter, but having talent? Hot. :cool:

[quote name='beerguy961']Boy I really hope I spelled "cerebral" correctly. Otherwise I'd look quite the fool...[/QUOTE]

Looks correct to me. :cool:

Also, what should I expect from the show? What kind of comedy is in the show?

Satire? Dark comedy? Slapstick? What?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'll say this: What they do doesn't matter, but having talent? Hot. :cool:[/QUOTE]

:)

Yeah. I love a woman with talent... especially a sense of humor. If they are beautiful, that's just icing on the cake.

[quote name='SuprTnr2']It's a little bit of everything, but if you like Reno, I'll bet your going to like AD :D[/QUOTE]

Wow... if that's true, then I am in for a huge fucking treat!

I don't know if anything can top Reno 911!, though

:lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I don't know about hot as in qualified-for-the-hottest-girls-thread-hot, but she can look pretty good. Usually though, she doesn't.

The rock band thing doesn't really help, but it doesn't hurt either.[/QUOTE]

First off, nice sig. Second: Nice avy. Third: SOMETIMES, Meg is hot.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']First off, nice sig. Second: Nice avy. Third: SOMETIMES, Meg is hot.[/QUOTE]

Well, no woman is ALWAYS hot, anyway. Even the greatest beauties have their unattractive moments.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']First off, nice sig. Second: Nice avy. Third: SOMETIMES, Meg is hot.[/QUOTE]

Thank you good sir. :cool:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, no woman is ALWAYS hot, anyway. Even the greatest beauties have their unattractive moments.[/QUOTE]

Not Natalie. ;)

I'm not sure about Scarlett yet, I haven't gotten the cameras put in over there. ;)

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Thank you good sir. :cool:

Not Natalie. ;)

I'm not sure about Scarlett yet, I haven't gotten the cameras put in over there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Anytime. Any fan of the White Stripes is a friend of mine :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Thank you good sir. :cool:

Not Natalie. ;)

I'm not sure about Scarlett yet, I haven't gotten the cameras put in over there. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not even gorgeous women like Natalie and Scarlett are immune. EVERY woman suffers from unattractiveness sometimes. We don't always get to see it, though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Jeff Wong vs. Wayne Campbell is one of the best fights in cinematic history.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yep, it ranks up there with Jackie Chan vs. Ken Lo in Drunken Master II. :lol:

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Not even gorgeous women like Natalie and Scarlett are immune. EVERY woman suffers from unattractiveness sometimes. We don't always get to see it, though.[/QUOTE]

Hence the joke about having cameras installed at Natalie's house. :lol:

Fist of Legend is my favorite martial arts film. :cool:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Hence the joke about having cameras installed at Natalie's house. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You can travel to put in cameras but not travel to put in shelves for a friend... bastard...

I saved your life that one time, but apparently that means nothing to you. And don't forget about the time I gave you blood, fed your pet(s) while you were away, helped you save the youth center from the greedy developers, and helped you save Christmas!

Well, I think I'm going now. Today's been one of the worst days ever, and hopefully tomorrow will bring a good change. I am totally bummed. Maybe some AD will help.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']
Fist of Legend is my favorite martial arts film. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Good taste... but I'm still not forgetting what you said.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You can travel to put in cameras but not travel to put in shelves for a friend... bastard...

I saved your life that one time, but apparently that means nothing to you. And don't forget about the time I gave you blood, fed your pet(s) while you were away, helped you save the youth center from the greedy developers, and helped you save Christmas!

Well, I think I'm going now. Today's been one of the worst days ever, and hopefully tomorrow will bring a good change. I am totally bummed. Maybe some AD will help.

Good taste... but I'm still not forgetting what you said.[/QUOTE]

No no, private contractor. I didn't want to be caught in the act so to speak. :lol:

I've never needed blood, I have no pets, I wouldn't save a youth center and Christmas does just fine on its own. :lol:

AD will help. You may even renounce Reno and accept it as your personal lord and saviour. ;)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You can travel to put in cameras but not travel to put in shelves for a friend... bastard...

Well, I think I'm going now. Today's been one of the worst days ever, and hopefully tomorrow will bring a good change. I am totally bummed. Maybe some AD will help.[/QUOTE]
I have a question: When did you become a nutbar?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']No no, private contractor. I didn't want to be caught in the act so to speak. :lol:

I've never needed blood, I have no pets, I wouldn't save a youth center and Christmas does just fine on its own. :lol:

AD will help. You may even renounce Reno and accept it as your personal lord and saviour. ;)[/QUOTE]

Then why don't you private contract me some shelves, punk?! :lol:

I will never hate Reno 911! The day that I renounce my enjoyment for that show is the day that I die... or the day that something else really bad happens.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I have a question: When did you become a nutbar?[/QUOTE]

The same time you became an assclown. :lol:

I'm just trying to cheer myself up with some shitty jokes, really.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Then why don't you private contract me some shelves, punk?! :lol:

I will never hate Reno 911! The day that I renounce my enjoyment for that show is the day that I die... or the day that something else really bad happens.[/QUOTE]

You know you can still love Kerri without putting up with the rest of the show. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You know you can still love Kerri without putting up with the rest of the show. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I actually enjoy the show, man. Kerri has nothing to do with it.

I would be sad if she left the show, though. And I'd be really sad if she left show business altogether. But that's life, though...

Wayne: You're worthless! You're less than nothing! What's keeping you here? You don't belong here! Why don't you just quit?
Milton: Cause I've got no place else to go!
:rofl:

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wayne: You're worthless! You're less than nothing! What's keeping you here? You don't belong here! Why don't you just quit?
Milton: Cause I've got no place else to go!
:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's a classic scene. Are they showing it on TV right now?

Also I love the other Milton scene:

"I hate my father... I hate my life. But I feel great, man! I FEEL GREAT! I'm gonna go pick a fight."

Well, I'm going to go and watch AD. Hopefully it's as good as you all say.

Then, I'll probably disobey my doctor's orders and continue my exercise routine. If I'm headed downhill, I might as well head there in the best shape I can.

Laters... :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Yep, that's a classic scene. Are they showing it on TV right now?

Also I love the other Milton scene:

"I hate my father... I hate my life. But I feel great, man! I FEEL GREAT! I'm gonna go pick a fight."[/QUOTE]
Yep, on VH1. Though it's almost over now.

Got back from Serenity. My socks have officially been rocked. See the rest in the movie thread. :bouncy:

Now all we need is to get Kaylee in the hottest girls thread. :drool:

[quote name='Tiphireth']Got back from Serenity. My socks have officially been rocked. See the rest in the movie thread. :bouncy:

Now all we need is to get Kaylee in the hottest girls thread. :drool:[/QUOTE]
Serenity was really awesome. They need to make more...

This OTT needs more celery....

celery.jpg

[quote name='beerguy961']I thought she only ate donuts![/QUOTE]

Nope...With a gut like that, you know she's not stopping at Krispy Kreme....

From Moby Dick, chapter 58 "The Brit":

Ishmael speaking:

Consider the subtleness of the sea; how its most dreaded creatures glide under water, unapparent for the most part, and treacherously hidden beneath the loveliest tints of azure. Consider also the devilish brilliance and beauty of many of its most remorseless tribes, as the dainty embellished shape of many species of sharks. Consider, once more, the universal cannibalism of the sea; all whose creatures prey upon each other, carrying on eternal war since the world began.

Consider all this; and then turn to this green, gentle, and most docile earth; consider them both, the sea and the land; and do you not find a strange analogy to something in yourself? For as this appalling ocean surrounds the verdant land, so in the soul of man there lies one insular Tahiti, full of peace and joy, but encompassed by all the horrors of the half known life. God keep thee! Push not off from that isle, thou canst never return!

HERMAN MELVILLE BRINGS DOWN THE HOUSE!

[quote name='zionoverfire']On a wednesday night?:lol:[/QUOTE]

Of course its Karaokkke night...colllege brings it every night.

I love to go and see my lady freinds. Rollin wiht the baseball team is the way to go.

of course i have class in 7 hours.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I broke the dam.[/QUOTE]

Pretty good episode. Glad to see South Park back with new episodes.

Well, I just finished watching the "Extended Pilot" of AD. It was pretty good. I'll definitely have to watch some more before I decide whether to buy the DVDs and follow the show. Should I also watch the regular Pilot, or do I just move on to the next one?

Reno is still tops in my book, though

I feel so down in the dumps at the moment. Maybe I'll read for a while, or write something... hmm...

Well, see ya... :)

EDIT: The crap just keeps piling up. Why must I continue to let people treat me like shit? I don't want to be an asshole, but I feel like I should be sometimes.

It just makes me sick and breaks my heart sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back