The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AW just posted this to Twitter:

Az_OhdVCEAExkSq.jpg:large

I don't know who this guy is but I like that he's speaking his mind and calling out WWE on their crap (of which there is plenty).

Is that an earpiece in his ear or just the mic because if someone fed him that line in the back, then that would make it even worse.

Was kinda enjoying AW and Prime Time Players but now who knows what happens, all over something so stupid, if that was the case for his release. Gotta like wwe logic though:"Be a star! don't bully, commit grand theft auto instead kids!"

Out of the few wrestling forums/sites I tend to frequent, CAG is the only one that's siding with AW on this matter. Just about every other site I've checked out is shitting all over the guy for what he said and using the tried and true butthurt former WWE Sooperstar™ excuse.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Out of the few wrestling forums/sites I tend to frequent, CAG is the only one that's siding with AW on this matter. Just about every other site I've checked out is shitting all over the guy for what he said and using the tried and true butthurt former WWE Sooperstar™ excuse.[/QUOTE]

You must not be on Twitter. I've seen nothing but pro AW tweets for the last 6 hours.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Out of the few wrestling forums/sites I tend to frequent, CAG is the only one that's siding with AW on this matter. Just about every other site I've checked out is shitting all over the guy for what he said and using the tried and true butthurt former WWE Sooperstar™ excuse.[/QUOTE]

Wow really? wtf? how could anyone be against AW on this?

[quote name='neocisco']What was it he actually said that got him 86'd?[/QUOTE]

"Titus O'Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado. He's unstoppable!"

[quote name='renique46']Wow really? wtf? how could anyone be against AW on this?[/QUOTE]

Two of the main contributing factors I've noticed are 1) he was annoying and 2) he made a rape joke. Sure the joke was tacky, but hardly worth canning the guy over. Making him apologize or taking him off TV for a few weeks seemed like an adequate enough punishment. It's also incredibly hypocritical because of all the other shit they let slide on the air (King's constant misogynistic commentary, etc.), not to mention they induced Mike Tyson, a convicted rapist, into their fucking Hall of Fame.

One of those comments on Aw's Twitter sums it up:

so stealing a car, having a yng girl trying to fuck 3 guys at once and not to mention the Tensai thing is ok, but no jokes? #BS

[quote name='neocisco']I don't know what any of those references are in regard to. Insider dirt sheet stuff, I assume.[/QUOTE]

Not really. Sheamus stealing ADR's car, AJ's triangle with Punk/Bryan/Kane, and Tensai making a slanty-eye joke on Tout.

Please forgive me for once again interrupting this thread. I used to love wrestling in the attitude Austin/rock hardcore and original ecw days.

I cannot stand any of the wrestling product now, but I am curious a/bbout Tommy dreamers project.

Since I am so out of the current loop, I would sincerely appreciate if someone would post whenever a dvd/blue ray set is coming out based on the above content.

It was because of these threads I found out about the recent ecw release, so thank you. I thought it was a great collection and hopes it sells well enough for further volumes.

Also because of these threads, I learnedly about an attitude collection dvd/blu ray set coming out and I look forward to that as well.

Basically, I cannot stand the current wrestling out there, but love the older sets that occasionally get released, and would love if someone would mention when such a set is coming out.

Thank you to anyone who would do this. I check this thread about once or twice a week.

Also, not to be annoying, but I enjoy reading Lesnar recaps whenever he shows up. I'm hoping for a lesnar mattel elite figure & a new lesnar Dvd/blue ray set.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Not really. Sheamus stealing ADR's car, AJ's triangle with Punk/Bryan/Kane, and Tensai making a slanty-eye joke on Tout.[/QUOTE]

I guess Kane would be the power bottom no?

[quote name='Purple Flames']butthurt former WWE Sooperstar™ excuse.[/QUOTE]

bloody shame - is he angry? sure. but it seems he has a legitimate reason to be given what the product displays overall.

it's, as he notes, *entirely* political in nature, and shows much, much collusion b/w the Linda campaign and WWE's product.

He points out a lot of scandalous stuff in their show, and things that compare to what he said - stuff that they don't apologize for, and in fact defend. Groups point to sexist/racist/violent/offensive content of WWE's product, and WWE's defense is to constantly point to demgraphics and ratings. How many people watch your show is not a logical defense of how offensive something is.

Where AW is most spot on is that he's not "butthurt" as a former guy, but that there's a lot of frustrated people in the back who don't speak up because they don't want to lose their jobs. When you have a roster of compliant "yes men," the people who speak out aren't "butthurt," they're airing grievances that other people have, but are too afraid to say.

See also: JTG (who is now quiet again, because he's still on the payroll. coincidence?)

[quote name='Haggar']Also, not to be annoying, but I enjoy reading Lesnar recaps whenever he shows up. I'm hoping for a lesnar mattel elite figure & a new lesnar Dvd/blue ray set.[/QUOTE]

There is a Lesnar DVD/Blu coming out soonish

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-Brock-Les...8&qid=1344693433&sr=8-7&keywords=brock+lesnar

It's an expanded re-release of his original DVD set.

There is also an "Attitude Era" DVD/Blu coming out in the near future - which, since it appears WWE no longer has to blur out the "WWF" logo on their videos, might be a solid investment.

[quote name='mykevermin']Where AW is most spot on is that he's not "butthurt" as a former guy, but that there's a lot of frustrated people in the back who don't speak up because they don't want to lose their jobs. When you have a roster of compliant "yes men," the people who speak out aren't "butthurt," they're airing grievances that other people have, but are too afraid to say.

See also: JTG (who is now quiet again, because he's still on the payroll. coincidence?)
[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I just like chaos, but a part of my brain hopes Linda McMahon is WWE's Fingerpoke of Doom. Would be nice to see a WWE product that is less eunuch-like.

Myke, you're a smart dude. What happens when Big Bird wins Lieberman's seat in November? Any hope that WWE will grow balls—or are we stuck with this sterile product because they're trying to build their younger fan base?

I agree the reason AW got terminated is BS if it was over that one comment. But he's all but buried any chance he has at ever working for them again.

[quote name='kodave']I agree the reason AW got terminated is BS if it was over that one comment. But he's all but buried any chance he has at ever working for them again.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. People have said (and done) far worse than what he's saying and have returned later.

Can you name any low to midcarders, or generally hated (X-Pac heat) performers who have returned after airing their frustrations? I can only think of guys that were good money to have around, and AW certainly wasn't that

^ Rico, Rob Conway, Eugene, Rene Dupree - shit, now I'm stuck in a 2003-god-wasn't-WWE-terrible-then rut. There have been *very* few people who became persona non grata in WWE circles. For three reasons:

1) mutual disdain: Bruno Sammartino
2) god only knows: Randy Savage
3) money: Jeff Jarrett, Ultimate Warrior

Money seems to be the catalyst that makes you not return. WWE has brought back tons of dudes you thought you'd never see return (or never wanted to see return), EXCEPT for those who fucked them over money. Jeff Jarrett held them up for a $100,000 payday to drop the IC title to Chyna in the "Good Housekeeping" match - and incidentally, WWE helped kickstart TNA wrestling. Gotta laugh at WWE for their fuckup, and totally respect JJ for doing the right thing (hey, he dropped the belt - was he supposed to do it for free?).

WWE will always put aside grudges if they think they can make a buck off of you. Unless you fucked with their bottom line.

[quote name='Chase']Myke, you're a smart dude. What happens when Big Bird wins Lieberman's seat in November? Any hope that WWE will grow balls—or are we stuck with this sterile product because they're trying to build their younger fan base?[/QUOTE]

If she is elected? Not a chance, because then they'll have to protect the product for another 6 years until she faces re-election.

If she loses this time, well, that's nearly $100 million of *McMahon* money thrown into the trash across two election cycles (ahhh, a government of the people!). There's no way she'll go up for re-election after 2012 if she can't win now (also, CT GOP probably wouldn't throw their weight behind a 2-time loser a third time).

If she loses, WWE loses a lot of incentive to keep its product milquetoast - but not all. I seem to recall Mattell has a stake in the product's sanitary vibe. There's also the recognition that it's been pretty bland since they went public. So, if Linda loses and WWE stock dips so low (it's certainly on its way!) that they buy back all stock and remove themselves from the market (to be honest, that's really really unlikely, since the McMahons make tonnnnnns of money in quarterly dividends by being publicly traded) - well, there go the incentives to produce a vanilla program.

But in the end its mostly the McMahon election. They danced a little bit with a more "racy" program in the past 12 months, but just for a moment (was it Rock/Cena stuff? I don't recall.). If Linda loses, they're not going to go right into PG-13 the very next week. It might take 12 months, but we'll slowly start to see a more crass product, I'd say.

I missed this lawsuit being filed a couple of weeks back - pwinsider.com - WWE got an extension to 10/8. I can see this leading to more edits on WCW shows if they decide not to settle...
PWInsider.com has acquired the lawsuit filed by James D. Papa against WWE, their Stephanie Music subsidiary, longtime WWE composer Jim Johnston and Michael Hayes.

Papas and Hayes co-wrote many of the songs used by WCW in the early 1990s for their "Slamjam CD" as well as the classic "Badstreet USA" song sung by Hayes and used for decades as his theme music.

In the lawsuit, Papas noted that he and Hayes co-wrote "Badstreet USA", which was recorded and turned into a music video for World Class Championship Wrestling. Papas registered the song with Broadcast Music, Inc (BMI) so he could properly receive credit and royalties due for usage of the song.

In 1992, Papas worked with WCW to create an additional 11 songs, many of which were released through the WCW CD "Slamjam" and were used as theme songs for their wrestlers during that era.

Papas noted in the suit that he was contacted by THQ regarding the usage of the "Badstreet" song for their Legends of Wrestlemania videogame. THQ initially made an offer to Papas for the song then rescinded it, claiming that WWE owned the song.

Papas contacted BMI to check on the registrations of his songs and alleges that "Badstreet" had been "improperly and erroneously" re-registered by the defendants and given a new registration number, so that ownership and royalties due would instead go to the defendants. Papas claimed that he was able to get the song registration corrected but "by that time, THQ had decided not to use the song." Instead, a similar sounding song about "Freebirds running wild and free" was used by THQ for the game.

Papas alleged in the lawsuit that upon investigating his other works, there had been an "history of omissions and errors" made by WWE that prevented Papas from his proper credit and royalties for usage of the songs.

Papas claims that his songs were re-registered to WWE instead listed Jim Johnston and/or Michael Hayes as the songwriters/composers of the material and Stephanie Music as the publisher.

Papas also alleged that WWE wrongfully infringed on his music by using the material on the Triumph and Tragedy of World Class Championship Wrestling DVD ("Badstreet USA"), in ring tones released by WWE and in numerous older matches broadcast on WWE's Classics on Demand VOD service.

Papas noted that "due to Defendant WWE's erroneous registrations and its failure to submit proper cues to BMI, Plaintiffs have not received any payment or royalties in connection with these performances."

Papas is seeking a declaration from the court that he, not the defendants, is the owner and composer of the songs in question, that WWE does not have any right to the material, whatever "relief" he is awarded by the court and for WWE to cover all of his court and attorney costs.

In 2004, Papas filed a similar suit against the PA-based RF Video for selling videos of old WCW material that featured Papas' songs from the Slamjam CD. That lawsuit ended with a court ruling that RF Video and owner Rob Feinstein were required to pay Papas $250,000 in damages on 11/9/05.

WWE was faced with a similar lawsuit several years ago from the composers of the original Extreme Championship Wrestling songs, Harry "Slash" Grivas and Roderick Kohn. In that suit, WWE ended up settling for a confidential amount of money and purchased their ECW library of music outright.

WWE and the other defendants were served the week of 7/25 and have yet to respond to the suit.

Went to the Chicago Comic Con today and met quite a few wrestlers. Shook hands with:

Kevin Nash - Actually had a conversation with him. After shaking his hand, he asked me where Punk was at so I told him and explained to him that they wouldn't let anyone back there to which he replies in a deep voice "Oh they'll let me in." Cool guy. Huge too.

Melina - Such an absolute sweetheart. She personalized every autograph and spent a lot of time getting to know the person.

John Morrison - Pretty laid back guy. Told him I missed him in WWE and he said he missed being there.

Booker T - Booker was fucking awesome. He hung out the longest and was being a really cool guest. I shook his hand and asked if I could get a "shucky ducky quack quack" for old time's sake to which he happily obliged.

Lita - Lita seemed pretty bored to be there. It was awesome meeting her, but she didn't really show much of a personality.

Maryse - Okay, now here comes the absolute best story out of all of these. I walk up and I'm checking out her prices and stuff. I'm the only one near her at this time, mind you. She looks at me and asks me "Do you like Playboy?" and then proceeds to hand me a binder with all her nude photos in it and tells me I can look if I want. I'm dumbfounded and I'm just like "Uh, no I'm okay, thank you." Then her agent tells me I'm stepping up to the big leagues and plops down a nude trading card of her and says "This right here is the top seller." I go "I can imagine" and Maryse lets out a huge chuckle. At that point, I just asked if I could shake her hand and we both laughed it off.

Also scored a high five from CM Punk as he was making his way to his signing area. Good times.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, sounds llke you had a good time. Booker T is on the list for NYCC...I would expect a few of the others to be there too.

I don't understand why neocisco is trolling the Best Buy deal thread. He said "prices are live" when they weren't, and when people freaked out, he said "marks :rofl::rofl::rofl:" then posted a "haters gonna hate" Vince McMahon gif..

It's not really like neocisco to do something like that.. and I don't understand using wrestling terms to describe faking out someone that is eagerly anticipating a sale

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1293715-wwe-they-hypocricy-and-reality-to-aw-being-fired

something that stood out for me

"Is this statement suggesting that because A.W. continued to play his controversial character for the 11 days that followed the comments he is getting fired? He makes the comments, the next night on a Tuesday Smackdown taping he is back out on the show with a live microphone."

I mean, how simple would that have been to just say ok no more live mic from now on. Nope let 11 days go by then can his ass for something big show did years ago.

[quote name='Spyder187']
RHuHq.gif

Given where and how Neo used this gif i seriously lol'ed for about 5 minutes. Well fuking played sir.[/QUOTE]
lol

Eh, people were annoying with the constant, when is this going live, questions.

And he did used to work for Circuit City lol.

Uuuhhhh...I was off my meds? ;)

[quote name='mitch079']Eh, people were annoying with the constant, when is this going live, questions.

And he did used to work for Circuit City lol.[/QUOTE]

Mostly this. I was in a pretty mischievous mood last night (yet sober). Between that and the constant blahblahblah about the sale going live I just decided to have some fun with the "live" post. advanced made a comment about a heel turn which inspired me to find the Vince gif (which is glorious in it's ridiculousness). I can't really apologize for it since no one was hurt and I'm not sorry I did it. I'm glad some people got some enjoyment out of it because I know I did. BTW, those CC days are long in the rearview mirror. :)

OK, enough of that. Back to rasslin! Did anyone watch the ROH PPV last night? General impressions? I couldn't watch it live last night so I'll try to start watching it tonight.

ROH was decent last night. I enjoyed it tho its not the best ROH show ever. Then there was this....

2sb7ihw.jpg

Kevin Steen legit punching out two fans. Not a work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back