The "KILL STEEN KILL" Kevin Steen Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fatality']Matt Morgan Posts Cryptic Image on Twitter; WWE Bound?

WqfR6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's about as cryptic as the lyrics to the 60's Batman theme song.

I welcome Matt Morgan's return to WWE. WWE needs a good big man, and Matt Morgan (35) only has a handful of good years left to make that happen.

Undertaker (47) works once or twice a year. Kane (45) has got to be nearing retirement as well. Mark Henry (41) only has so much left in the tank especially with his injuries. Yeah there's Big Show (40) but how much does he have left after all of his years in the business and after his injuries and just his pure size taking its toll out on him? Tensai (38) isn't going to be a permanent fixture. Jackson Andrews from FCW was fired months ago and is going to go to jail for beating the shit out of Rosa. I thought I read Eli Cottonwood (37) asked for his release from FCW. Brodus Clay (32) is big, but more along the lines of Mark Henry than along the lines of a giant like Taker/Kane/Show.

As long as Matt Morgan can cut a promo WITHOUT SHOUTING THE ENTIRE TIME like he did in TNA, he'll be fine and slot back into that lost generation of wrestlers that should be main eventing now but are not, leaving us with just Cena/Orton and the struggle to elevate Punk/Daniels/etc.

[quote name='neocisco']I'd like to see them do a sit in as soon as Raw goes live. The vast majority of the roster just blows right past the gorilla position and parks themselves in the ring and not move for 3 hours. They might actually get results (not to mention that Raw would set record ratings once word got around about what they're doing). It would require something that drastic.

I put it in my post, it's only about 35 seconds in. The clip they showed on the PPV was much better.[/QUOTE]

I'd actually watch that if they did it. It would be too bizzare to not watch.

[quote name='bhk']Didn't realize Kane was that old.[/QUOTE]

He was Isaac Yankem in my childhood and that was nearly 20 goddamn years ago.

[quote name='ced']From the way the final word is laid out maybe he's going from stutterer to full blown retard.[/QUOTE]
Everyone knows you NEVER go full blown retard. Everyone except
nick_dinsmore_landscape.jpg

HBK tweeted that due to his "snapped arm", he'll miss Summerslam and won't be in HHH's corner. Anyone else smell a swerve with HBK assaulting Lesnar with a cast so HHH can get the win (or HHH so Lesnar can without HHH losing clean?)

Went down a Youtube link-to-link-to-link-etc black hole and wound up finding two pretty fascinating things...

Wrestlemania 13 main event...at the time of Wrestlemania 5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=typ0oLwbpNM

So around the 0:50 second mark, you see a Demolition member who definitely isn't Ax or Smash. Then I realized I had totally forgotten about "Detroit Demolition," which was a name I only saw in Apter mags at the time but had never actually seen. Randy Culley kept doing the Demolition thing after Darsow came in. Really odd to me that the WWF never did anything to try to put a stop to it, although maybe part of him being replaced was a deal where he would be allowed to do the gimmick elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uBeSQ7BmZM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ1FzGcApM4

I've seen a few vids where Sid (as Lord Humongous) and Culley (as Detroit Demolition) were in the same ring at the same time. Weird to see them together since they were both spawned off the same film character.

[quote name='ced']He was Isaac Yankem in my childhood and that was nearly 20 goddamn years ago.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I still remember watching him as AS Doomsday on USWA.

Culley may be skirting WWE's assets just enough. (I'm not Eugene, I'm U-Gene!)

Or WWE weren't as litigious in the mid-1980's.

Or Bill Eadie was actually the copyright holder (there was a lot of contention about this).

Ric Flair appeared at ICP’s Gathering of the Juggalos over the weekend, hosting the main stage of music acts. Flair’s appearance was cut short after he was hit with a water bottle thrown from the crowd. Flair then decided that he wouldn’t be going back in front of the crowd.

Classy people, them juggalos. ICP may be respectful, but most of their fans are pieces of shit.

I remember seeing Eadie say somehting about Culley being the dude that actually came up with the gimmick, I guess he gave Eadie his blessing (or "sold it to him" if anything was actually exchanged) when Culley split. I tend to side with the idea that the WWF just let it go since it wasn't a big deal. They were too busy threatening cable companies who were carrying Crockett shows to worry about some dude in a tiny fed using a gimmick he came up with.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Classy people, them juggalos. ICP may be respectful, but most of their fans are pieces of shit.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much been my thing with ICP as well. The guys themselves obviously have a ton of respect for wrestling, but the bottom-feeding pieces of garbage that make up their fanbase couldn't care less. Heck, Flair was lucky it was just a water bottle. Cabana took a battery to the face a few weeks back. Meanwhile, the two guys relentlessly insist that all their fans are doing are "having a good time" and "showing nothing but love."

Wasn't really sure where to post this, here or vs, but here goes.

http://news.yahoo.com/linda-mcmahon-spent-61-million-trying-elected-042018759.html
When McMahon ran for Senate in 2010, she broke state records for out-of-pocket spending when the former WWE executive coughed up $50 million of her own fortune and still lost to Democrat Richard Blumenthal by 12 points. This time around, McMahon spent over $11 million dollars to defeat former Rep. Chris Shays, who only spent about $1.2 million.

While a WWE walkout would be crazy and interesting, it wouldn't ever happen. The only people who would walk are people who are barely on TV. They also would have nowhere to go.

Since we're bringing up NOAH though, here's my chance to weigh in. It was a Misawa ego trip until he died and I hated it. I really wish that Baba had never died because AJPW was amazing and seeing it crumble was very depressing.

I'm not clear what y'all mean when you talk about "doing a NOAH." Was there a large-scale walkout?

I've been pretty out of the puro scene for a bit. I did see that they just brought in Harry Smith to tag with Lance Archer (nee Hoyt), which isn't exactly the kind of thing that has me frothing at the mouth to see.

[quote name='Clak']Wasn't really sure where to post this, here or vs, but here goes.

http://news.yahoo.com/linda-mcmahon-spent-61-million-trying-elected-042018759.html[/QUOTE]

For a minute I was worried I missed something about a special election or something and she had been elected to office, the $11 million she spent was only to win the primary. I'm betting she could end up dropping another $40 million and going over $100 million to try and get into office, hopefully she'll lose again.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not clear what y'all mean when you talk about "doing a NOAH." Was there a large-scale walkout?[/QUOTE]

NOAH was formed by Misawa over disputes with Giant Baba's widow. He basically took everybody with him except Kawada, Fuchi, Stan Hansen and Taiyo Kea. In WWE terms today, imagine Triple H breaking from Vince and forming a new promotion and leaving WWE with just Cena, Sheamus, Big Show and Ryder. Oh...and in that new promotion? Triple H, main eventing. All day. Everyday. That pretty much summarizes what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
WWE Studios And Warner Bros Team For Animated ‘Scooby-Doo’ Film

Warner Bros and WWE Studios will coproduce a Scooby-Doo animated feature that will involve a mystery at WrestleMania. This seems a natural, since most Scooby-Doo episodes involved one of the gang pulling off the mask of a criminal who opines he would have gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids. Well, wrestlers are big on wearing masks, and the WWE has lined up its grapplers Triple H, John Cena, Kane, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino Marella, Sin Cara, AJ, and WWE chairman/CEO Vince McMahon to lend their voices and appear in animated form in the film. Warner Bros Home Entertainment will distribute the film through Blu-ray, DVD, VOD and digital download, and the WWE will use its considerable resources to promote the effort, said WWE Studios President Michael Luisi.
http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/wwe...d-film/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So what will the big mystery be, why some WWE talent isn't happy? Oh oh, and the big mask pulling reveal, it was Vince all along!

[quote name='ced']noah was formed by misawa over disputes with giant baba's widow. He basically took everybody with him except kawada, fuchi, stan hansen and taiyo kea. In wwe terms today, imagine triple h breaking from vince and forming a new promotion and leaving wwe with just cena, sheamus, big show and ryder. Oh...and in that new promotion? Triple h, main eventing. All day. Everyday. That pretty much summarizes what happened.[/quote]

exactly

Didn't AJPW wind up getting saved by guys like Muta starting to split duties between AJPW and NJPW?

I've never been too into the puro loop apart from watching individual matches here and there but I remember that a bunch of people swapped federations in the King of Colosseum/Firepro games during the early/mid 2000s.

Can't you just hear him saying "...and I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you damn kids....".

[quote name='Halo05']Didn't AJPW wind up getting saved by guys like Muta starting to split duties between AJPW and NJPW?[/QUOTE]

My memory is fuzzy but Mutoh worked between All Japan and New Japan for a bit in a cross promotion deal before defecting to All Japan full time to take position Misawa held before Misawa defected to form NOAH.

[quote name='Clak']So what will the big mystery be, why some WWE talent isn't happy? Oh oh, and the big mask pulling reveal, it was Vince all along![/QUOTE]

In the late 90s I would agree, now it seems every big reveal turns out to be Hornswaggle. Let the midget groups get ready to cry foul on Scooby-Doo now.

[quote name='Clak']So what will the big mystery be, why some WWE talent isn't happy? Oh oh, and the big mask pulling reveal, it was Vince all along![/QUOTE]

[quote name='mykevermin']:rofl:[/QUOTE]

Not sure which is worse, that I got the reference and found it funny, or that WWE enabled Clak to make make a Higher Power joke that worked this many years later.

Crap, I came here to post that exact gif. It's fantastic.

That Santino/Cesaro matchup screen is gold. No looping at all. It's awesome. You should make that a regular thing for PPV's.. I'd love to see the RAW logo animation looping too.

It's a shame more browsers don't support animated png files *cough* IE/Safari *cough*. They'd look a lot better.

I was about to rejoin my friends and tell them of my encounter but then the same 3 dancers who gave Steiner a dance came up to me and told me they were giving me a dance and that it was on Steiner! He hooked me up! Big Poppa Pump WAS my hook-up that night!

http://deadspin.com/5932901/catching-phantom-of-the-opera-with-vince-mcmahon-more-wrestler-run+ins

This really has become one of my favorite articles on Deadspin. It doesn't come close to entertaining me like oddibe mcdowell's water bill, but it still is full of great stories.

^That's him. The story is from his brother's POV.

Christopher Daniels had a letter and photo printed in the newest issue of Amazing Spider-Man that came out today.

I don't always read those silly slides, but that one did catch my eye - because I immediately saw it and thought "they're admitting there's a 60% chance they buy a ticket for this and walk away empty handed."

Someone gave me WCW Nitro for Nintendo 64 today. Never having played it, I gave it a shot. Man oh man, it makes WWF Wrestlemania for Nintendo look like a great game. Jesus.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Someone gave me WCW Nitro for Nintendo 64 today. Never having played it, I gave it a shot. Man oh man, it makes WWF Wrestlemania for Nintendo look like a great game. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're talking about! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8_nnKEOHok

I went to re-install it but apparently it's not compatible with Windows 7. Super sad.

The Shaman's Harvest version of Broken Dreams is ten times better than whoever is doing this unused theme (Downstait, I assume). The problem with the Shaman's Harvest version is it requires a shit ton of time to get the full effect of it during an entrance. When you're working a 3 minute squash match on TV and are lucky enough to get an entrance, you don't have 30 seconds to waste building up to you even stepping through the curtain.

And is Downstait the official house band for WWE yet? I mean, I admittedly like a lot of their songs in a wrestling-entrance-song context, but its starting to feel like overkill. A little variety wouldn't hurt instead of everyone having either a post-nu-metal theme or a generic shit mass licensed theme.

Edit: Here's some more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Av3aol5SU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC4QB4ZNTQ0
(Apparently Otunga uses a Jim Johnston version of this song - I think Justin Gabriel might have used this for like two weeks though)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDssuZulZi8
By Beta Wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MWHzfxgmFg
by Flatfoot 56

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvRzhqVLP_k
This was in the Smackdown vs. Raw games and was way better for her as a heel. On that note, I can't believe she's pregnant with Taker's kid. I can't imagine Taker f-ing around with changing shitty diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back