The Last Days of the Hastings / GoHastings Universe - Check the latest posts!

kodave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
BEFORE YOU ASK A QUESTION IN THIS THREAD, READ THE FAQ BELOW!

GoHastings.Com Promotional Deals and Codes

AMARILLO, Texas - Texas-based Hastings Entertainment Inc. has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Company officials say the reorganization filing includes its parent company, Draw Another Circle, and sister brands Movie Stop and SPImages.

A statement posted Monday on the Hastings website says the Chapter 11 process will help prepare the business for an intended sale, while providing protections and financing to continue operations. Further financial details weren’t released.

Hastings will no longer accept or honor deposits for movie purchases and will no longer rent games. Hastings gift cards expire July 13, 2016. The company’s buyback program has been suspended.
Full List Of Online Coupon Codes

In-Store Sales / Discounts / Liquidation will vary from Online Sale / Coupon offerings

Check latest posts in thread for more specific updates

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Please read me before posting a question!

Click the "Show Spoiler" button below to see the FAQ
General
Question: What is Hastings / GoHastings.Com?
Answer:
Founded in 1968, Hastings Entertainment, Inc. is a leading multimedia entertainment retailer that combines the sale of new and used books, videos, video games and CDs, and trends and consumer electronics merchandise, with the rental of videos and video games in a superstore format. Currently there are 146 superstores. Hastings also operates www.goHastings.com, an e-commerce Internet Web site that makes available to customers new and used entertainment products and unique, contemporary gifts and toys.

Question: Gee, this is a really long FAQ. Doesn't Hasting have their own FAQ for customers?
Answer:
Hastings does have their own FAQ. You can read Hastings' official FAQ by clicking here. However, this FAQ goes into many details that Hastings' own FAQ does not. So be sure to read through all of this before asking a question!

NEW!
Question: How can I filter and sort Used Video Games to remove the out of stock items?
Answer:
Find the "Stock" dropdown menu option when browsing the used game selection and choose "In Stock." Games that have been purchased in the past day and are now out of stock may still appear.

NEW!
Question: Where can I find clearance video games and other clearance items?
Answer:
Clearance Video Games are in New condition; Plus $2.28 shipping per game
Click Here For Overall Video Game Clearance Items > Sort by Platform on the drop down menu
Click Here For Overall Clearance Items

Game / Item Condition
Question: What is the difference between "used" and "previously viewed" items on GoHastings.Com?
Answer:
"Used" games and movies are items that have been traded in to a Hastings retail location by a customer. "Previously viewed" games and movies are items that Hastings has rented out to customers at their retail locations but are now selling to the public.

When it comes to video games, most CAGs report no real difference between the two other than some ancillary stickers, but both "used" and "previously viewed" games are subject to being scratched, abused, or incomplete depending how well it was previously taken care of.

When it comes to movies, the "Previously Viewed" rental versions often lack features from the full retail versions and may come in different boxes, have different UPCs, have white barcode stickers around the center ring of the disc, etc.

You may encounter a situation where a customer has purchased a "previously used" item from Hastings, then traded it back into Hastings, thus making it a "used" item. This practiced is frowned upon by most customers, but Hastings has shown next to no incentive to change it. It mostly happens with movies.

Question: Do used and previously viewed video games come complete with the original case and manual?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com states as follows:

Due to the nature of used products; booklet inserts, digital movie downloads and manuals are not guaranteed in our used video games, movies and CDs.
However, the vast majority of CAGs have reported that a large majority of their games do arrive complete. Incomplete games are more of an exception rather than the rule.

Question: Are used collector's editions and limited editions of games guaranteed to come with extras like bonus discs, statutes, and other items?
Answer:
No. Hopefully the used CE and LE games would at least come with all of the discs, but this is not guaranteed. And there is absolutely no guarantee other physical items or "swag" will be included for these used copies. However, CAGs have reported that they have purchased used CE and LE games and received all of the extras. If you order a used CE or LE and it does not come with the extras, just contact customer service and ask about a return/refund.

Question: What condition do "used" and "previously viewed" discs come in?
Answer:
Mosts CAGs seem to get games in good, playable condition if not better. However, there have been cases of receiving a game so scratched up that it would not load/play. These games can be returned to GoHastings.Com at no cost to the customer for a full refund.

NEW!
Question: Are New condition games factory sealed or gutted and re-sealed?
Answer:
As of mid-2013, Hastings retail stores have adopted a policy of gutting games then storing the game discs, manuals and DLC papers separately. This is so they do not have to lock up games or put security cases on games yet still allow the customer to physically handle the boxes in-store. When a new game is sold, Hasting will either re-seal the game or they will place the game in a bag that cannot be opened if you want to return the game as new.

Shipping
Question: Why are my items shipping individually? Why does GoHastings.Com include a shipping charge for each individual item ordered?
Answer:
Hastings does not have warehouses for fulfilling internet orders. All items are shipped from individual brick and mortar retail stores. If your order contains multiple items, your order may ship from multiple locations at different times if one location does not have all of the items you ordered. Because items could ship from more than one location, GoHastings.Com charges a per item shipping fee. Yes this can be frustrating, so its best to either get over it if you intend to shop at GoHastings.Com, or if you can't get over it, shop elsewhere. Like all "deals," include the shipping price per item into consideration for the total cost of the game being purchased.

UPDATED!
Question: How much is shipping per item?
Answer:
Video Games and PC software ship for $2.28 per item.

CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays ship for $1.29 per item.

Books have a per-order charge of $3.00 plus $0.99 shipping per book ordered.

Game Hardware, Electronics and Trends have a per-order charge of $1.99 plus $0.10 shipping per ounce for each item ordered.

Full shipping information, including expedited shipping prices, can be found HERE.

Occasionally, GoHastings.Com offers free or reduced shipping promotions.

Please note, books used to ship for $0.96 per order with no per item charge but Hastings discontinued that pricing scheme as of January 10, 2014. CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays used to ship for $0.96 per item, but Hastings raised that price to the current cost as of approximately May 25, 2014.

Question: How long does it take GoHastings.Com to ship my order?
Answer:
Standard Shipping:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 3-10 Days

Priority / Expedited Mail:
Order processed within 48 Hours
Shipping time is 2 - 3 Days

Question: What service does GoHastings.Com use to ship items?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com primarily ships items using the United States Postal Service (USPS). Video games ship via USPS First Class Mail. Books, movies and music ship via USPS Media Mail. Larger orders may ship via UPS.

Question: Will GoHastings.Com give me a tracking number for each shipment?
Answer:
Every shipment usually has a tracking number associated with it. If you did not see a tracking number in the shipping confirmation email, check your order history on GoHastings.Com.

Question: What will GoHastings.Com ship my items in?
Answer:
It will vary. Hastings might use a yellow paper mailer with bubble padding on the inside. They might use a white plastic envelope with bubble padding on the inside. They might use a stiffer paper/lighter cardboard envelope with no padding. Hastings will try to jam as many items into any of the above envelope options as possible, resulting in frequently damaged books, broken game/movie/CD cases, etc. On rare occasions, someone at Hastings will have the common sense to put larger or heavier items into a box for safer shipping, but even then they will neglect to use padding. Hastings used to ship items in a white plastic poly-bag with absolutely no padding or protection, but after numerous complaints, the company claims these are supposed to be phased out and no longer in use. They still pop up from time to time.

Order Cancellations / Out Of Stock Items
Question: Why was an item cancelled out of my order? Why is that item back in stock right now?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com fills their stock from their Hastings brick and mortar retail locations. Additionally, GoHastings.Com sells items on Amazon and eBay. Their online inventory system is antiquated and does not update stock instantaneously across physical store locations, GoHastings.Com, Amazon, and eBay. Therefore if someone bought the same item first in store/on Amazon/on eBay, their order will be fulfilled first and your item will be cancelled if there is not enough inventory to go around, even though you thought the item was in stock. Yes this sucks, but now you know about it so you can simply choose not to shop at GoHastings in the future if you can't deal with it. No need to endlessly complain about it in posts. Consider writing a letter to the president of Hastings, whose contact info can be found below this FAQ.

Because Hastings' physical store locations accept trade-ins for the used items that they sell, an item that was out of stock may quickly come back into stock if someone trades in the same item, or if someone returns the same item. However, as stated above, GoHastings.Com has an antiquated online system, and they will not be able to fulfill any items on your order once they have been canceled. You will have to re-order the item, at which time the promotion you initially ordered under may have expired. You can try to contact customer service to see if they will create a new order for you with the price point your originally ordered under.

Question: I just ordered something and now it shows as out of stock, either on my order history page or on the item's page. Will my order be canceled?
Answer:
Probably not, but it is still possible. GoHastings.Com updates its inventory count immediately when sales from the website are made. Therefore if they had one item, and you ordered it, it will now show up as out of stock on GoHastings.Com. However, if someone ordered it off Hastings' eBay or Amazon Marketplace listings first, they may fulfill that order first and cancel your order. Also, if someone walks into the store and purchases the item before it is pulled to ship to you, your order will be canceled. Additionally, store employees may not be able to locate the item and thus cancel your order for that reason. Hastings also has a problem on their website where items in your order history show as out of stock, sometimes regardless of the actual stock. Your best bet is to take a deep breath and not worry about it.

Sale Pricing
NEW!
Question: How can I tell if one promotion or discount is better than a different commonly offered promotion or discount?
Answer:
The following guides are only for video games since they take into consideration the $2.28 per game shipping price. You will have to do your own math for music/movies, books, trends/electronics and other shipping sales.

Remember, stock and prices fluctuate constantly and may not be the same by the next sale.

The math in the Buy 2 Get 1 For $1 deal assumes you choose three equally priced games to maximize your potential savings.

Free Shipping:
Vs. 96¢ Per Item Shipping: Use free shipping, obviously
Vs. 20% Off: Use free shipping with items $11.40 and less
Vs. 25% Off: Use free shipping with items $9.12 and less
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: Use free shipping with items $7.84 and less
Vs. 30% Off: Use free shipping with items $7.60 and less
Vs. 33% Off: Use free shipping with items $6.91 and less
Vs. 40% Off: Use free shipping with items $5.70 and less

96 Cent Shipping:
Vs. Free Shipping: Wait for Free Shipping, obviously
Vs. 20% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $6.60 and less
Vs. 25% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $5.28 and less
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.96 and less
Vs. 30% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.40 and less
Vs. 33% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.00 and less
Vs. 40% Off: Use 96¢ shipping with items $3.30 and less

20% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $11.40, use 20% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $6.60, use 20% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $2.50, use 20% Off

25% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $9.12, use 25% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $5.28, use 20% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $4.00, use 25% Off

30% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $7.60, use 30% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $4.40, use 30% Off
Vs. Buy 2 Used Games, Get 1 For $1: For items under $10, use 30% Off

Buy 2 Get 1 For $1:
Vs. Free Shipping: Use free shipping with items $7.84 and less
Vs. $0.96 Shipping: Use 96¢ shipping with items $4.96 and less

33% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $6.91, use 33% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $4.00, use 33% Off

40% Off:
Vs. Free Shipping: For items over $5.70, use 40% Off
Vs. 96 Cent Shipping: For items over $3.30, use 40% Off

Question: GoHastings.Com totally raised their prices prior to the sale! OMGWTFBBQSauce! Should I call the police / attorney general / president of the United States?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com claims to not raise their prices prior to sales. Their pricing is based on algorithms that consider things like supply, demand, competitor pricing, market rates, etc. If a game was $10 before the sale and $15 24 hours into the sale, chances are there were only a couple of copies of the game and someone bought one when the sale started, thus affecting the supply and demand. You are not the only one monitoring a Wish List on GoHastings.Com. However, there have been some clearly documented instances of raising prices right before a sale, especially with books rather than games.

Promotional Deal Codes
Question: Why is the promotional code not applying to my order?
Answer:
Certain M-rated games carry the disclaimer that "This item is only available for purchase by customers age 17 and older." If you have such a game in your cart, be sure to check the box by the "Check Out" button that says "I am at least 17 years of age" before clicking the "Apply Promotion Code" button to apply the promotional code.

Additionally, some promotional codes only apply to select qualifying titles. Be sure that your order only contains such titles. Occasionally the GoHastings.Com programmers miss something and games that are supposed to qualify do not work with the promotional code. If this is the case, please contact GoHastings.Com. Contact information can be found below this FAQ.

Question: Can I use more than one promotional code at the same time? Can I stack promotional codes?
Answer:
No, you can only apply one promotional code per order. This prevents code stacking. If there are two promotional codes valid at the same time that you would like to use, you must place two or more separate orders.

Question: What time do promotions normally begin / end?
Answer:
GoHastings.Com operates based on the Central Time Zone. Weekly promotions usually start on Sunday and usually last the whole week. Various other promotions may have different start times and durations. Promotions usually begin at midnight Central time. However, sometimes the new promotions take a while to go "live" on the website, so always double check your order that the correct discounted price is shown.

Order Problems and Contacting Customer Service
(Including Returns/Replacements for Wrong Item or Damaged/Defective Item)

Question: I am trying to place an order and have entered my correct shipping address, billing address and credit card info. The check out page says there is a problem with my information and I need to correct it, but nothing is incorrect. What is going on?!
Answer:
This is a random error that seems to affect some people and not others. There is no known cause for it. People have reported it occurring with different credit card companies (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, etc.). Some people think it has to do with what web browser you use, so perhaps try a different one. Some people have reported they can't place orders from computers or IP numbers located out of the state where their billing or shipping address is located. The bottom line is there is no fix for this problem from the customer's end. Your only attempt to get it resolved will be to CALL Customer Service. Contact details for Customer Service can be found below this FAQ.

Question: GoHastings.Com sent me a defective game or the wrong game. How do I return it? Can they send me a replacement/correct item?
Answer:
Contact customer service to initiate the return process. Customer service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ. GoHastings.Com will not charge you to ship the game back, and they will give you a full refund, including what you paid initially for shipping. In some instances, they will simply refund the cost of the item and let you keep the defective or wrong item for free. GoHastings.Com will not normally send you a replacement item if you received a defective or incorrect item. They will usually tell you that you must place a new order, at which time the promotion you initially ordered under may have expired. You can try to contact customer service to see if they will create a new order for you with the price point you originally ordered under.

Question: Something went wrong with my order. How do I contact customer service?
Answer:
Customer service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ.

Question: Should I call or email customer service?
Answer:
CAGs have reported mixed experiences with both calling and emailing Hastings Customer Service. It is up to your preference. If you are contacting them regarding credit card issues, it may be best to call rather than put highly sensitive information in an email. If you call during business hours, your issue may be resolved right then over the phone. You might also have to wait on hold for a long period of time during peak hours. If you email, you may have to wait up to 48 hours to get a response, especially if you email over the weekend. Often the email replies fail to understand your entire issue with your order. Customer Service contact information is located in this post, below the FAQ.

Question: What is GoHastings.Com return policy?
Answer:
The GoHastings.Com website states their return policy is as follows:

All items purchased through gohastings.com may be returned for a full refund of the purchase price, if they meet the following criteria:

• All new items are in original unopened packaging.
  • Return of product is within 30 days of shipping date.
  • Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in saleable condition.
  • Video Game Systems that are found defective within the 30 day window must make a return using the manufacturer's warranty.
Shipping and handling charges are not refundable.
Note: Products purchased through goHastings.com may not be returned to a physical store location for refund.
However, this can be confusing considering used items, such as games, come in opened packaging. Normally GoHastings has no problem with returns for defective or incorrect used game shipments that are promptly requested. At the very least, if a game item was found to be defective within 30 days of the shipping date, you would have a good argument toward customer service that you should be able to return the game item. Abusing the return policy to replace your own broken items with items from GoHastings inventory wouldn't be a good idea.

Miscellaneous
Question: Does GoHastings.Com collect sales tax?
Answer:
According to GoHastings.Com:

Currently goHastings.com only charges sales tax in states where we have a physical presence. Sales taxes are calculated during the ordering process and will show tax charged for the delivery destination, based on current tax rates. Shipping charges may also be subject to tax in certain states.
Currently sales tax is automatically applied in the following states:

• Alabama
  • Arkansas
  • Arizona
  • Colorado
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Idaho
  • Indiana
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada
  • New Mexico
  • Oklahoma
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Washington
  • Wyoming

Question: Where are Hastings brick and mortar retail stores located?
Answer:
Question: Are the online prices the same in store? Are the online specials valid in store?
Answer:
Generally speaking, no. For used items and for some new items, GoHastings.Com uses algorithms where prices can change multiple times in one day. Hastings retail locations have their own set prices. See your local store for more information. Additionally, online special sales and promotions are not valid in store. Sometimes Hastings runs the same pricing online and in store for certain items.

Question: Are the brick and mortar retail location advertisements valid online?
Answer:
Generally the prices in the retail location advertisements are not valid on GoHastings.Com. Sometimes Hastings runs the same pricing online and in store for certain items.

Customer Service Contact Information
Customer Service Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 9 am through 9 pm CST
Toll Free Phone Number: (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464)
Fax: (806) 467-8330

Email: service[at]gohastings.com
PM the GoHastings Representative on CAG: gohastings (John) [Not active since October 2013]

Regular Mail:
Hastings Internet, Inc.
3601 Plains Blvd.
Amarillo, TX 79102

Comments to the President:
John Marmaduke, President & CEO RIP In Peace

Alan Van Ongevalle, President & COO
Hastings Entertainment, Inc.
PO Box 35350
Amarillo, TX 79120-5350

GoHastings.Com / Hastings Entertainment Online Information
Retail Store Weekly Ad: http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=StoreAd
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/gohastings?sk=wall
Twitter: @gohastings
Google+: https://plus.google.com/107834874893127887270/posts
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/gohastings/
Instagram: http://instagram.com/gohastings
Is the GoHastings.Com server down for everyone or just me?: Click here to check

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mjswooosh']*SIGH* Go back and check your very first response to me and then try to deny it wasn't dripping with a "holier-than-thou", "I know more than you do" attitude. This was simply because I DARED to question the order fulfillment process at a store chain that I doubt you have any personal stake in. Yeah, that makes sense. I suppose it's possible that the way you were raised or where you live that you get away with talking down to others in such a way without inciting a response, but in my world if someone talks to me that way they will hear about it. It's as simple as that. If you'd have checked your own ego at the door prior to responding to me then we would be having a much friendlier conversation since, from what I can gather, we seem to have a very similar opinion about GoHastings.com's shitty web-site and inventory system. Taking that into account, the only "conflict" here originated from 1) YOUR attitude in your very first response to me and 2) YOUR misinterpretation and amplification of the point I was trying to make which then resulted in said response to me.

To clarify, I'm not trying to prove there is some massive conspiracy as you seem to claim. I'm merely pointing out that 1) Hastings brick-n-mortar stock is VERY poorly linked with their online inventory system; 2) as a result, the logistics of the company are obviously dog-shit and may be in the same league as K-Mart in that department. Which is saying something; and 3) there seems to be circumstantial evidence that certain stock is held back and/or orders canceled if the games are beyond a certain price point/discount.

My HUNCH is that, YES, there are a lot of game orders that Hastings HQ does not wish to fulfill during sales such as this due to the regular price or market value of the games in question being much higher than the typical game. I suppose it's possible that it "just so happens" that the really rare, expensive games instantly go out of stock right before a sale like this kicks in...or that it's just a "coincidence" that several of the more expensive games on order get canceled while the orders for less valuable games sail through. You could certainly explain this away as you have done and be satisfied with it. And, while we're at it, we could also assume that the global economic melt-down was just something that happened by chance. LOL But, then, I prefer to deal in REALITY. If you think that companies are not keenly aware of where every dime is going out and coming in, you are naive beyond comprehension. I've worked on Wall Street and currently work for a Fortune 500...and believe you me, even at a relatively small company like Hastings, they are watching everything.

Anywho, I don't have time to play silly games of cut and paste to satisfy some sort of pissing contest you wish to have. You talk as if your word on GoHastings.com is gospel. Are you a VP of Operations? If not, then I'd say your opinion carries about as much weight as anyone else's. Beyond this, all I would say is if you wish for people to speak to you with respect then you should offer some first. I'm aware that you do perform a nice service here and my comments about GoHastings.com in no way detract from YOU, so I'm a bit mystified why you make that link in your mind and take it so personally. For the record, my response to you was NOT "Ad Hominem". Time to look up that definition. "Ad hominem" implies I was trying to discredit you by attacking you personally, which is not what I was doing. I was making an observation about the attitude you displayed in your initial response to me, which is a very valid indicator of how you treat people on this thread. It's clear you like to tell others you are smarter than they are. Furthermore, your reaction here seems to be very emotional, as if you think I was criticizing you when I was, in fact, merely making an observation about 1) how you responded to me and 2) how shitty the GoHastings online system is and 3) making what I believe to be an accurate speculation about some of the behind-the-scenes decisions when it comes to filling orders during sales. Why you and some of the dumb-asses commenting in this thread are taking this so personally is beyond me. As far as I know Hastings is a privately owned company, so it can't be that any of you own stock. Why in the world my criticism of GoHastings.com would incite dim-wits to be afraid that you might take your ball and go home, never to offer "support" here again is beyond me. Unless, of course, you have threatened such actions before if anyone questions your "authority" or GoHastings.com in any way?

Anywho, let's just agree to disagree. Peace.[/QUOTE]

For someone complaining about a holier-than-thou attitude, you sure have an interesting approach. Kodave spends a ton of time here updating the deals. Does he have to? No. Does everyone appreciate that he does? I know I do, and I would guess people that frequent the thread more often than for "rare" ps2 games do as well. Believe what you want to believe about gohastings' deals, but I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Many times I've gotten extremely rare books and new games that have only popped up during these deals, including ones they would have incentive to get a LOT more than what I paid for them. It's honestly just the luck of the draw for this site half the time.

If you would have read any of this thread at all, you would see this comes up ALL THE TIME. Truly, the rest of us thank you for your extremely useful conspiracy theory thread-crapping, but it's nothing new and it's a little tired. If you didn't get the deal you wanted please just move on. The rest of us appreciate kodave keeping us updated on all the various deals gohastings puts out.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but is anyone else having problems checking out? I keep trying but it keeps coming up to an error page saying they are working on it and to try back later. It was doing this last night and again this morning...

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']was going to pick up GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories for PS2 but shipping kills it, why do they charge shipping per item?[/QUOTE]

Check the first post

I ordered something around 730 and didnt have any problems (not to say it couldnt have crashed between 730 and 8, just giving a timeline)

Ended up ordering 3 games with the Ps2 promo. Hitman trilogy, War of the Monsters (rented years ago and enjoyed) and Resident Evil Dead Aim (since I've got guncons that are collecting dust). Little less than 25 bucks after shipping. Not bad for 5 games in all.

[quote name='mjswooosh']*incoherent baby babble*

I suppose it's possible that it "just so happens" that the really rare, expensive games instantly go out of stock right before a sale like this kicks in...or that it's just a "coincidence" that several of the more expensive games on order get canceled while the orders for less valuable games sail through.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps it "just so happens" that the really rare, expensive games are .. I don't know .. really rare? They likely only have one or two copies at the most, which is very likely to happen -- I've bought the last item of rare games or movies before thanks to notifications, and they very rarely come back in stock. There are people that will get the item quicker than you because of this, and just because you're butthurt that you're not spoonfed everything you want, you choose to act like a buffoon in this thread. If you have such a problem with Hastings, here's a solution: stop dealing with them.

I mostly buy tv box sets from hastings, and they rarely have more than 1 or 2 in of any one title at a time. Almost every order I make is the last one in stock. If its still in stock, a lot of times its been a glitch because sometimes the deal is so good i go and order a second one for friends/family. I almost always get my first, but Ive only once ever gotten a second one (considering the hundreds to thousands of orders ive put through by now, its not that rare of an occurance for me to buy a second copy of something)

[quote name='mjswooosh']*SIGH* Go back and check your very first response to me and then try to deny it wasn't dripping with a "holier-than-thou", "I know more than you do" attitude.[/QUOTE]

Whether it was or not has no bearing on the actual FACTS of this discussion, none of which you have any of. I get a lot of stupid comments in this thread, so I may come off as "smarmy" from time to time.

This was simply because I DARED to question the order fulfillment process at a store chain that I doubt you have any personal stake in. Yeah, that makes sense.
I have no "personal stake" in Hastings or their order fulfillment process, but we know FACTS about how it works from both current and former employees. Something you just keep ignoring for your hunches and conspiracy theories.

I suppose it's possible that the way you were raised or where you live that you get away with talking down to others in such a way without inciting a response, but in my world if someone talks to me that way they will hear about it. It's as simple as that. If you'd have checked your own ego at the door prior to responding to me then we would be having a much friendlier conversation since, from what I can gather, we seem to have a very similar opinion about GoHastings.com's shitty web-site and inventory system.
Attitudes aside, we're not on the same page because you're making up shit and I'm working off facts we know of.

Taking that into account, the only "conflict" here originated from 1) YOUR attitude in your very first response to me and 2) YOUR misinterpretation and amplification of the point I was trying to make which then resulted in said response to me.

To clarify, I'm not trying to prove there is some massive conspiracy as you seem to claim. I'm merely pointing out that 1) Hastings brick-n-mortar stock is VERY poorly linked with their online inventory system; 2) as a result, the logistics of the company are obviously dog-shit and may be in the same league as K-Mart in that department. Which is saying something; and 3) there seems to be circumstantial evidence that certain stock is held back and/or orders canceled if the games are beyond a certain price point/discount.
And any "circumstantial evidence" you have is as poor as speculation, hunches, and guessing. I even asked you to post out your circumstantial evidence so we could get to the bottom of this, but obviously you're not interested in doing so.

My HUNCH is that, YES, there are a lot of game orders that Hastings HQ does not wish to fulfill during sales such as this due to the regular price or market value of the games in question being much higher than the typical game.
And its a completely absurd hunch. Its the kind of "hunch" everyone who doesn't get what they want jumps to. Not just with Hastings but with other retailers too. "I didn't get what I wanted, so they must be out screwing with people under the guise of a sale." You order something from Hastings. It's computer does its work and assigns your items out to individual stores for those store employees to fulfill your order. You really think Hastings is screwing around with that system by trying to flag items over X amount when purchased with Y code, and having the computer leave a note saying "Under no circumstances should you ship this game even if you have it in stock".... REALLY? At least if you're going to go down the conspiracy route, pick a believable one, like Hastings employees going to fulfill your online order see you've ordered a rare game, so instead of fulfilling your order, they stash it for themselves. - Which would be a totally different conspiracy theory, one at the individual greed level and not at the corporate level.

Again, this is a company that can't get its own stores to accept their own coupons issued from corporate for $100 off Xbox 360 bundles and $25 trade in bonuses.... and you think they have the technical ability to engage in some kind of collusion between corporate, their computer system, and the minimum wage employees at the store level to deny internet consumers products during sales, because the items were too heavily discounted for their liking? It's absolutely absurd and I would eat my hat if even half true.

And they're running this scheme all while letting it go unchecked in past other deals like 3 for $21 on used paperbacks that included expensive ass books, and 2 for $12 on new paperbacks that accidentally included expensive ass books, not to mention all of the other times in the past when people have nabbed "rare" games for cheap during a sale and RECEIVED the game?

Yeah, Hastings is really bothering to screw around with denying orders in a stupid PS2 sale. :roll:

I suppose it's possible that it "just so happens" that the really rare, expensive games instantly go out of stock right before a sale like this kicks in...or that it's just a "coincidence" that several of the more expensive games on order get canceled while the orders for less valuable games sail through. You could certainly explain this away as you have done and be satisfied with it. And, while we're at it, we could also assume that the global economic melt-down was just something that happened by chance. LOL But, then, I prefer to deal in REALITY. If you think that companies are not keenly aware of where every dime is going out and coming in, you are naive beyond comprehension. I've worked on Wall Street and currently work for a Fortune 500...and believe you me, even at a relatively small company like Hastings, they are watching everything.
lulz. You know how games go out of stock? They only have 1, maybe 2 copies max, and then SOMEONE ELSE BOUGHT IT FIRST. Just because you were slow on the trigger and someone else purchased the one copy of some "rare" PS2 game before you did and made it go OOS doesn't mean there is any evidence of this conspiracy theory you claim is rooted in reality. And again, "rare" items are sometimes erroneously listed as in stock for many different reasons, and of course Hastings isn't going to know about it until someone tries to order that which they don't have. But for as many "rare" items I've had cancelled on me, I've had more "rare" items fulfilled at absolutely killer prices. So why only block some sales and not others? Why allow me to get several $40-$50 brand new books for $6, but allegedly pull your orders so you can't get games? As much as you think someone is sitting there watching internet sales LIVE, the reality is they AREN'T. You place your order, computer sends it to whatever store has the item, and either the store fulfills it or they don't have the item and can't fulfill it. You think Hastings has some kind of red phone in their accountant's office with a link to ever B&M store where they pick it up and yell "General Manager of Store #27, you must stop order #4553424. We just can't afford to let mjswooosh buy a used $35 PS2 game for $5. WE JUST CAN'T DO IT." Then the general manager dives, swipes your game out of the minimum wage employee's hand, and throws it into the safe to ensure no one can purchase it. Like any good company, I'd hope they have their numbers people doing break downs of sales and stuff, but you're essentially suggesting they are doing this in close to real time, blocking only certain orders within a 24 to 48 hour period. That's just absurd. This company could even figure out the terms of this PS2 sale. It's their least promoted gaming sale of the week. And you think they have a numbers guy concerned only about certain sales WITHIN this tiny sale? Riiiight.

Anywho, I don't have time to play silly games of cut and paste to satisfy some sort of pissing contest you wish to have.
Pissing contest? No, its called getting to the bottom of the allegations you made. You don't want to open one email and copy and past that here and tell us which of those games got cancelled as part of this conspiracy theory? Then you have no credibility. Your entire argument hinges on this email. Why not produce it?

You talk as if your word on GoHastings.com is gospel. Are you a VP of Operations? If not, then I'd say your opinion carries about as much weight as anyone else's.
For someone who cited an appeal to authority for credibility (you know, you "working" at a Fortune 500 company therefore you think you know how Hastings works), its funny you question my knowledge about Hastings. I've been purchasing from Hastings for a long time and I've been running this thread for a long time as well. I (and others) have spoken with current official Hastings employees and past employees to get FACTS about how various aspects of their business works. But of course I don't work at a Fortune 500 company like you allegedly do, so what do I know?

Beyond this, all I would say is if you wish for people to speak to you with respect then you should offer some first.
I don't ask for respect. If people are going to post bullshit, like you did, then I'm going to call them out on that bullshit in any manner I want. It's only when you got butthurt about the "attitude" I had and starting "giving it back to me" did your whole argument about "attitudes" unravel. If you want "respect" then don't "stoop to my level." If I'm a total shit bag, it doesn't help your credibility to act like a total shit bag back to me or anyone else.

I'm aware that you do perform a nice service here and my comments about GoHastings.com in no way detract from YOU, so I'm a bit mystified why you make that link in your mind and take it so personally. For the record, my response to you was NOT "Ad Hominem". Time to look up that definition. "Ad hominem" implies I was trying to discredit you by attacking you personally, which is not what I was doing.
You were attacking me personally, by assuming I was a hall-monitor-stuffed-in-locker type. Even if I was, my status as a hall-monitor-stuffed-in-locker type has no bearing on the facts of this discussion. You were attempting to discredit me personally because you haven't found a way to discredit the facts I've brought into this thread.

I was making an observation about the attitude you displayed in your initial response to me, which is a very valid indicator of how you treat people on this thread. It's clear you like to tell others you are smarter than they are.
No, I don't like to tell others I'm "smarter" than they are and have never told someone I'm "smarter" than them. I may reply to stupid comments with "attitude" from time to time, especially when said comments are absolutely meritless or distort facts.

Furthermore, your reaction here seems to be very emotional, as if you think I was criticizing you when I was, in fact, merely making an observation about 1) how you responded to me and 2) how shitty the GoHastings online system is and 3) making what I believe to be an accurate speculation about some of the behind-the-scenes decisions when it comes to filling orders during sales. Why you and some of the dumb-asses commenting in this thread are taking this so personally is beyond me.
No one here is taking this personally, so I'm not sure why you're jumping to yet another faulty assumption.

As far as I know Hastings is a privately owned company, so it can't be that any of you own stock.
Well, you don't know shit then because Hastings is a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ.

Why in the world my criticism of GoHastings.com would incite dim-wits to be afraid that you might take your ball and go home, never to offer "support" here again is beyond me. Unless, of course, you have threatened such actions before if anyone questions your "authority" or GoHastings.com in any way?
Nope, more assumptions by you. I've never threatened to stop running this thread. You are misinterpreting people's feelings that they wouldn't put up with the kind of shit I do from users like you and would have stopped with the thread a long time ago. But I've never said such things.

And for someone who just railed on me for saying I'm "smarter" than other posters (which I haven't), you just called people in this thread "dumbasses" and "dim-wits." I guess they can't all be on your "level" working at a Fortune 500 company, right?

Anywho, let's just agree to disagree. Peace.
You can go ahead and keep your conspiracy theory rooted "in reality" which you won't even provide proof of your circumstantial evidence for, and I'll continue inform people about how we actually know Hastings works and disclose, like usual, when we don't know exactly how something works internally at Hastings.

stillrealtome.jpg

"It's still real to me, damn it!"

Well, this is probably the last time I order from them. Ordered a used black BC Nintendo Wii with Wii Sports (and Resort). I wouldn't have even really cared if the games were missing, but instead I received one of the new model of Wii's. Still a used console though, box was beat up pretty bad and the console has plenty of marks on it. I've already emailed their CS, but I don't know what they'll do about it. Quite annoyed, and would call but I don't have the time to right now.

Got my 3 trade paperbacks today, all in read but still very good condition. Ratio of good to bad is still overwhelmingly good.

Updated the first post. Thanks again, Squarehard.

I got two DVD TV season in today... One was a previously viewed copy when I ordered used. The other was a 2 disc set that came in two boxes originally, but Hastings jammed them into one DVD case and sent that to me. Either that, or they let a customer trade in a box that said on the artwork "Disc 2" but had both discs inside. And they're both definitely in rental cases because you can tell by the thick opaque plastic over the artwork instead of the clear thinner plastic on retail cases. Doesn't matter to me, I'm not accepting this crap. Another wasted trip to the post office to return these things. If they're going to sell something as used it should be the same stuff, more or less, that the retail version has. Stuff like advertising inserts and even the chapter listings can be forgiven for not being in there, but it should be as close to the original case as possible to decipher and the original artwork.

People have been railing them for this on their Facebook page and I should have listened to them as well as learned my lesson from my last bad DVD experience with them. I was considering ordering two more expensive DVD sets from them if one of them ever qualified for the 30% off discount (since it randomly doesn't even though its priced the same as its companion set which does qualify [CONSPIRACY?]), but I don't think I'm going to risk it. The two used DVDs I got today are also in stock on the website but I'm not going to bother to re-order them and hope for a better outcome. I'll give someone else my business on this matter. I think I'm officially done with Hastings used DVDs. They have pretty high standards for video games, decent standards for books, but their DVD standards are absolute shit.

That said, I did get one DVD TV season earlier this week and it looks like it came in the original packaging. I'm a little skeptical it was the original DVD case but they included the cardboard slipcase. I don't know why someone would keep that and bother to trade it in if they went through the effort to switch out the case. So I'll assume its all correct. I've got a hard to find expensive DVD series coming tomorrow and I'll be extremely disappointed if its a rental or not in its original case (which is one of those cardboard/plastic combo boxes I believe).

I also got an oversized book in the mail and thought it looked like really good condition. Then I looked at the bottom of the spine on the dust jacket and saw someone, perhaps a customer or perhaps a Hastings employee, ripped away the sticker that says "Hastings Used" or whatever, and when they did that, they ripped away the bottom of the dust jacket. I'm a little surprised they even did that because usually they leave it on and I remove them (very carefully) myself. I guess an alternative would be they put a price sticker along the spine and that took off the bottom of the dust jacket because those are a bit more abrasive than the "Hastings Used" green stickers. So that book is going back as well. I'm not paying for Hastings to damage their own inventory with their stickers. Which is a shame because the book would have been great otherwise, but someone had to yank whatever sticker was there.

Pretty disappointing shopping experiences with Hastings.

I'm one of those people that was complaining I got a PV instead of USED, even though I ordered USED. The PV sets are just completely and utterly awful condition. Out of the 20 DVDs I ordered though, a few of them being DVD sets, only one arrived PV instead of USED, but still shouldn't happen. The condition however varied greatly from very good, to pretty crappy for USED, although nowhere as bad as PV quality. Most of their DVD sets though are pretty rough condition. I don't think I've actually ordered a DVD set that have been remotely close to very good or like new, so it's really a toss up. Their single DVDs or single DVD case sets with multiple discs inside are okay. Just nothing with an actual box to it like slipcovers and what not.

I've also been getting quite a few cancellations on my orders as of late, which also sucks, but overall, 90% of my items have been fulfilled in the past couple weeks, so I guess it's not bad? @_@

I've been getting more cancellations as of late too. But its been on a variety of items in terms of price and rarity.

I know employees on Facebook have mentioned they are working on measures to cut down on the number of cancellations. Why do I have a feeling instead of cancelling right away, part of their solution is just to hold the order open for a full week just in case they get another copy? It's something an employee would have to confirm though. And if it were true, it doesn't seem like its consistently applied since some items still cancel faster. Who knows.

Like others have already stated, thanks for all the work you put into this thread kodave.

Wonder if there are any PS2 "gems" left in stock...

[quote name='kodave']I've been getting more cancellations as of late too. But its been on a variety of items in terms of price and rarity.

I know employees on Facebook have mentioned they are working on measures to cut down on the number of cancellations. Why do I have a feeling instead of cancelling right away, part of their solution is just to hold the order open for a full week just in case they get another copy? It's something an employee would have to confirm though. And if it were true, it doesn't seem like its consistently applied since some items still cancel faster. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting conflicting results on the cancellations. I have one item that's currently near the end of the 7 day hold, that will be cancelled, and I had a few that were cancelled right away through email.

As far as the hold theory, this is what they emailed me back with,

"At this time your order is on hold due to availability. This means the item is currently out of stock.
To provide the best service possible to our customers, we do keep the order as active for up to 7 days in the event that another copy of the product ordered is received into inventory. Should this happen, we will immediately fulfill the order placed. "

But I just want some consistency since some of my orders get cancelled literally the next morning, and yet some are held for 7 days, so not sure what's the exact reason for the jumping back and forth.

[quote name='Squarehard']
90311464.png

It says ALL PS2 games are on sale for $5 now, and $1 shipping, so pretty much every USED PS2 game is $6 shipped now, so go get some people![/QUOTE]

It still doesn't work on most of the rarer titles, such as Jurassic Park, Fatal Frame, and Digimon Rumble Arena 2. But it works for all the games in the link kodave posted in the OP...

Well got my money back after being double charged. In anycase got some of my manga titles I ordered along with some CD's and Batman: Year One blu. Everything seems to be in fine working order so no complaints. I Think I got 6 things left I got to wait for then I'll have everything.

And hey the digital download code works as well!

[quote name='Blade']It still doesn't work on most of the rarer titles, such as Jurassic Park and Digimon Rumble Arena 2. But it works for all the games in the link kodave posted in the OP...[/QUOTE]

I'm betting whoever posted that on Facebook probably messed up the wording and it was supposed to state all PS2 games on sale. That or the code is still a bit glitchy since it just got implemented. You can never guess with Hastings site.

awesome got Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories/Vice City Stories combo pack for $5.95 shipped, hope it comes in good condition. Now to see what else to get....

Just ordered a bunch of collections. Got 8 games for $17 bucks. Not too shabby. Doesn't work on the Harry Potter Collection though.. that one's still $30.

[quote name='Squarehard']I'm getting conflicting results on the cancellations. I have one item that's currently near the end of the 7 day hold, that will be cancelled, and I had a few that were cancelled right away through email.

As far as the hold theory, this is what they emailed me back with,

"At this time your order is on hold due to availability. This means the item is currently out of stock.
To provide the best service possible to our customers, we do keep the order as active for up to 7 days in the event that another copy of the product ordered is received into inventory. Should this happen, we will immediately fulfill the order placed. "

But I just want some consistency since some of my orders get cancelled literally the next morning, and yet some are held for 7 days, so not sure what's the exact reason for the jumping back and forth.[/QUOTE]

I had emailed CS asking why my order was held open for a week and they didn't even have a real answer. Congrats on getting a real answer from them!

But yeah, consistency would be nice. And it would help people understand their cancellation policy one way or the other. Maybe there's some kind of logic to the process, like things that are glitches or phantom listings are killed immediately, but if they really had the item and sold it in store first, they'll hold the item open for a week in case of a return or trade-back.

I wish they wouldn't show things that were out of stock. Or at least, group the in stock items together and the out of stock and display the in stock ones first. It's annoying having to look through a bunch of pages.

Another thing is I wish you could filter search by hardcovers or paperbacks.

While I'm at it, not saying something is in stock and getting all excited, only to click on it and find out it is indeed, out of stock. Or telling me a lower price and when I click on it, it's higher.

Jesus, that was so many complaints in one post. Call of Duty makes me angry. >_>

For all of you complaining about their dvd box sets...

Thats primarily what I order from them. I have *never* not gotten the original retail packaging except when I ordered PV in which case I knew what I was ordering so it didnt matter to me. If you ordered used and got PV (which Ive had happen with blus before), then that would be the reason for not getting original packaging, not that their used is in awful condition.

Also, 99% of the time the packaging has been in like new condition, most of my returns/problems have been with cracked discs. So I wouldnt give up, looks like you just got a bad bunch. It comes in waves with me too, occasionally I will get a whole bunch of baddies all at once, but then the next batch will be all good. So far this sale I have not had 1 problem with all the box sets Ive ordered (~15 have arrived so far)

Just a heads up for those who may want this thing before I grab it to see if I get a better condition copy than the one I got from a flea market seller last week.

GoHastings has the Star Wars Encyclopedia(originally $49.99) up on their site for $9 something before the 203040 sale code. That brings it down to $5.89 with the $.96 shipping afterwards. Hell of a deal for what was once a $50 book. Even better is if you get it in like new condition it has a LOT of value on Amazon($100+).

[quote name='Tsel']Another thing is I wish you could filter search by hardcovers or paperbacks. [/QUOTE]

You can. Try the Format header when you're in your search results. Sometimes you have to look up instead of to the left side bar. Which is their fault for having a not-great GUI.

[quote name='hamokmonky']For all of you complaining about their dvd box sets...

Thats primarily what I order from them. I have *never* not gotten the original retail packaging except when I ordered PV in which case I knew what I was ordering so it didnt matter to me. If you ordered used and got PV (which Ive had happen with blus before), then that would be the reason for not getting original packaging, not that their used is in awful condition.

Also, 99% of the time the packaging has been in like new condition, most of my returns/problems have been with cracked discs. So I wouldnt give up, looks like you just got a bad bunch. It comes in waves with me too, occasionally I will get a whole bunch of baddies all at once, but then the next batch will be all good. So far this sale I have not had 1 problem with all the box sets Ive ordered (~15 have arrived so far)[/QUOTE]

I probably haven't ordered as many DVDs as you, and I think this might be my first foray into TV on DVD from Hastings. And to be fair, the two shitty DVDs I got today arrived together, so perhaps this is just a bad individual store.

But the last time I ordered several DVDs at once, something was wrong with most of them. PV instead of Used, rental discs with features disabled, obviously not the original cases (i.e. Wii and Xbox cases but with DVDs), a version different than the one I ordered (regular vs. special edition), etc. And I was ordering them for someone else that needed them by a certain date for a children's camp, so there wasn't time to return and re-order to get the items I actually paid for. Luckily that person didn't care about that stuff (since it was just for a kids camp) so it was acceptable to them. But if it was for my personal collection I would have been pissed. Going further back, I've received a couple of movies where the box art was chewed up (but the case and stuff were fine, strangely). And my other major problem with ordering DVDs from them is I received the wrong movie at least three times because there were two movies with the same title and instead of checking the barcodes, lazy employees just shoved the wrong one in the mailing envelope. My personal "failure rate" purchasing DVDs from them has got to be like 75% at least.

Part of the problem is their policy of mixing in Previously Viewed copies that people have purchased then traded back in as Used copies. It's bullshit in my opinion and they've been called out on it here in this thread and by various people on Facebook. Unfortunately they've never addressed this when they've been called out on it and probably never will unless something more serious happens. They obviously will return/refund and that is good, but it does nothing to fix the main problem.

Some people post here and sound like they have quite bad luck with several orders, which is unfortunate for them and I can't blame them for giving up on Hastings. (As opposed to people that have issues with one order and swear off Hastings forever.)

I still think after ordering DVDs from them several times, I'm probably done ordering DVDs from them. It's just not working out for me based on the low quality control I've seen. But I'm glad its working out for you. What will really influence my decision is the DVD I'm supposed to get tomorrow. If this is complete in the proper packaging and in relatively good shape, I might be more inclined to order again if the deal is too good to pass up. But if its in shit shape, it'll probably drive me towards being done with their used DVDs no matter what.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']GoHastings has the Star Wars Encyclopedia(originally $49.99) up on their site for $9 something before the 203040 sale code. That brings it down to $5.89 with the $.96 shipping afterwards. Hell of a deal for what was once a $50 book. Even better is if you get it in like new condition it has a LOT of value on Amazon($100+).[/QUOTE]

Tempting, but it seems a bit outdated with a 1998 publication date. (Unless thats where you prefer your Star Wars canon to stop, because of all of the Lucas revisions). Plus at $5.89 plus some portion of $0.96 shippping, its only a few bucks more to get it in the same condition off Amazon Marketplace should anyone want it later.

This seems way more interesting: http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-...028158&sr=8-3&keywords=star+wars+encyclopedia (2008 three volume update0

That 2008 update is actually what Hastings has listed for $112 new in the same listing as the used 1998 version.

Think you're mistaken. It goes for virtually nothing.

Anyway, there are still some PS2 gems to be had: War of the Monsters, Singstar bundles with microphones, some boxed collections - Hitman Trilogy, GTA Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot pack to name a few - and a ton of fighting games.

[quote name='whitereflection']Think you're mistaken. It goes for virtually nothing.

Anyway, there are still some PS2 gems to be had: War of the Monsters, Singstar bundles with microphones, some boxed collections - Hitman Trilogy, GTA Trilogy, Crash Bandicoot pack to name a few - and a ton of fighting games.[/QUOTE]
Not if you get lucky and get the 'unknown binding'.:razz: That's the one I believe I picked up last weekend. Even if it turns out to be the lower valued one, I still got a $50 book for $8.

[quote name='genfuyung']96 cent shipping code isnt working.[/QUOTE]

Not surprising. Contact CS. Complain on Facebook. With a bit of a prayer, hopefully it'll be fixed for tomorrow if they can get IT to do some weekend work.

According to Facebook:

• Carlos J. Duncan promo code doesn't show the .96 shipping charge, but the regular one.4 hours ago · Like
  • Vicki Maloney ‎@Carlos J. Duncan - I'm working on this now. I'll let you know when it is working.2 hours ago · Like
  • Vicki Maloney ‎@Carlos J. Duncan - It is working now. If you have your checkout page up still just refresh the page and the .96 shipping will apply with promo code 20304.about an hour ago · Like

[quote name='kodave']Not surprising. Contact CS. Complain on Facebook. With a bit of a prayer, hopefully it'll be fixed for tomorrow if they can get IT to do some weekend work.

According to Facebook:

• Carlos J. Duncan promo code doesn't show the .96 shipping charge, but the regular one.4 hours ago · Like
  • Vicki Maloney ‎@Carlos J. Duncan - I'm working on this now. I'll let you know when it is working.2 hours ago · Like
  • Vicki Maloney ‎@Carlos J. Duncan - It is working now. If you have your checkout page up still just refresh the page and the .96 shipping will apply with promo code 20304.about an hour ago · Like
[/QUOTE]

Still not working. GoHastings is a joke. I dont thinik any of their promos have ever worked correctly when they said it would.

All of my orders for PS2 games have shipped and I've already gotten three of them. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and .Hack//G.U. Volume 2 are complete. Monster Rancher 4 doesn't have a manual and has some nasty stickers on the case, but I can just put it in a different one.

Edit: It seems Monster Rancher 4 won't load past the start screen. The bottom of the disk is pretty scratched up. Maybe I'll try getting it resurfaced instead of just returning it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Still not working. GoHastings is a joke. I dont thinik any of their promos have ever worked correctly when they said it would.[/QUOTE]

It's only been happening lately, and with these suprirse Facebook promos they keep dicing out, they're probably in over their heads since they can barely handle 1-2 sales a week, much less like one for the past 3-4 days. And on the weekends if there is a problem with the site it's usually more chaotic because the Facebook staff is off, and so is their CS, so problems on weekends are much slower to get fixed compared to weekends when they have full staffing for it. You would think they would start hiring people for the weekends though considering how much business they do online now, and the focus can't just be on the people in the physical stores, but online too.

Shit, I just ordered Dead Space 2 for PS3 and i double checked and just saw the code didn't work.

Have no real way to contact CS since they are closed and don't have access to FB at the moment.

[quote name='kodave']I also got an oversized book in the mail and thought it looked like really good condition. Then I looked at the bottom of the spine on the dust jacket and saw someone, perhaps a customer or perhaps a Hastings employee, ripped away the sticker that says "Hastings Used" or whatever, and when they did that, they ripped away the bottom of the dust jacket. I'm a little surprised they even did that because usually they leave it on and I remove them (very carefully) myself. I guess an alternative would be they put a price sticker along the spine and that took off the bottom of the dust jacket because those are a bit more abrasive than the "Hastings Used" green stickers. So that book is going back as well. I'm not paying for Hastings to damage their own inventory with their stickers. Which is a shame because the book would have been great otherwise, but someone had to yank whatever sticker was there.[/QUOTE]

So last night I was looking for the invoice slip for that book for the inevitable return, and when I found it, sure enough there was a barcode sticker there slapped on the invoice slip and you can see the chunks of the dust jacket it ripped away with it. (The dust jacket wasn't glossy/plastic coated). Its just ridiculous that an employee ripped off the sticker, damaged the merchandise, then stuck the evidence on the invoice slip. I've never received an item where they stuck a sticker on the invoice slip. I've received some items where the in-store price tag was peeled partially off (probably so I don't see how it was cheaper in store), but never this situation.

I lucked out with my Batman: Court of Owls. It came in better condition than some of the like new books I've bought fulfilled by Amazon.

Anyway, I ordered two more books (Blackest Night and Civil War: Fantastic Four) in order to make better use of the promo. Given how much I paid, I'll be happy if they're not beat to hell.

I still can't get any of my orders to go through. It's been about a week and not one of my orders has processed. I always get stuck with the system error. The rep from CAG was kind enough to sort out of my first order, but now I'm trying to make another one to no avail.

They have King of Fighters XII on Xbox 360 for $4.96 and the 96 cents shipping code works on it. That's a good price for the game, which is perfect for people who like fighters but are not hardcore into them or don't want to spend a lot of time learning them.

It has features that aren't in 13 like Critical Counter (lets you unleash a barrage of attacks after countering your opponent's attack), Guard Attacks (absorbs your opponent's attack while doing an attack of your own, similar to Focus Attacks in Street Fighter 4), and Deadlock (neutralized attack when your opponent's attack collides with yours). In my experience, the netcode for this game is actually better than any of the other KOFs for 360 including 13's, 98UM's, and 2002UM's.

[quote name='sadboy']I lucked out with my Batman: Court of Owls. It came in better condition than some of the like new books I've bought fulfilled by Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Lucky. I didn't even see that in stock. They had a used Batman No Man's Land Vol. 1 (the new edition) but I don't think it was worth ~$12ish after discount so I passed on it but someone else eventually claimed it.

Today I gambled on Batman: Blind Justice which was pricey. They had it listed at $33ish so after discount is was about $18 or $19. Ordered it and re-ordered the last copy of that other hardcover book an employee fucked up for me.

My harder-to-find and slightly pricey DVD box set came in today. The cardboard shell was a little more beat up than I would have liked, but the inside multiple flap case seems in pretty good condition. If all of the discs work I'll keep it. Also got Daredevil Season One. It was in pretty good shape. One slightly dented corner seems to be the extent of the damage. Didn't see a code for the online copy, but I wasn't expecting that nor is that guaranteed.

[quote name='Tsel']I still can't get any of my orders to go through. It's been about a week and not one of my orders has processed. I always get stuck with the system error. The rep from CAG was kind enough to sort out of my first order, but now I'm trying to make another one to no avail.[/QUOTE]

Your whole account just might be fubared. You should email CS and call them on Monday.

33% off is the best. The code works already, even!

They have a used copy of LEGO Batman 2 for the PS3, works out to $28.88 + shipping. I would have bought it myself if they had any 360 copies in stock.

Got Ninja Blade in the mail today: mint condition. Surprising to see that for such an old & cheap game.

bread's done
Back