The Last Of Us Survival Edition available NOW at Amazon.com (OOS)

I finally got one yesterday after furiously refreshing the amazon page for three days straight. Kept missing it and wouldn't add to my cart. Shipped tonight and they used USPS which they never do and I hate. Oh well I still feel lucky enough to have gotten it.

A few times tonight it said $79.99 Amazon, so I click on it and it says it's not being sold. But I refresh and the $79.99 is still there. Oh well.

Back-ordered available now! Wont be in stock til the 19th but placed an order!
I don't see it, can you post a link please?
I don't see it at Amazon, Gamestop, or Best Buy. Where is it on back order?
Backordered, June 19 ship date but still able to make a purchase -- I see it at the Sony Store.
Ordered. Kinda weird that even though backordered it'll only ship in two days...

Still, happy to have one coming. Thank you sir! :bouncy:

I just got one off Amazon.  Just have to check at the right time I guess, because they seem to only get 1 at a time.

Hopefully the AZ orders are extra inventory from cancelled orders or orders that didn't get fulfilled because of billing issues. It looks like depending on how this are packaged, the weight of the artbook can potentially crush the steelbook if it is shipped incorrectly. I would expect to see some of these on AZ warehouse in the future for that very reason

I really hate CEs like this because I'm actually a huge fan of the game and want the extra goodies that come with the Survival Edition but can't seem to get one because of all the people buying them and trying to make quick profiting by flipping them. Annoying as all hell since I've been trying all weekend to get one.

^ Keep checking... maybe another will pop-up in stock.

That being said the Survival Edition was available for... months... prior to Mid May. Several retailers including Newegg and Amazon don't charge until the order ships.

Use it as a lesson to lock a copy in (buy first.. think later) next time you're remotely interested in a LE/CE.

^ Keep checking... maybe another will pop-up in stock.

That being said the Survival Edition was available for... months... prior to Mid May. Several retailers including Newegg and Amazon don't charge until the order ships.

Use it as a lesson to lock a copy in (buy first.. think later) next time you're remotely interested in a LE/CE.
I usually do but this completely slipped my mind for whatever reason. Been a rough couple of months and forgot to drop the funds on it. I've been refreshing Amazon like crazy and will sometimes catch it posted at $79.99 but when I go to 1-click buy, it's gone. I then check back here and see people getting them no problem. Hopefully, my luck will change.

I keep getting this when I see $79.99:

We're sorry. The item The Last of Us - Survival Edition is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
But when I refresh the $79.99 is still there for a little bit until it goes away again. Am I not fast enough or is Amazon just messing with me? :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Keeps showing it will ship in a couple days on amazon. Not sure i can justify 85 bucks on it when PS4 is around the corner.

I keep getting this when I see $79.99:

We're sorry. The item The Last of Us - Survival Edition is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.
But when I refresh the $79.99 is still there for a little bit until it goes away again. Am I not fast enough or is Amazon just messing with me? :whistle2:(
kinda odd ,but now it back in stock , and iv mange to try to order one more and its letting me to order :)

Keeps showing it will ship in a couple days on amazon. Not sure i can justify 85 bucks on it when PS4 is around the corner.
Demand is high now, but what are the chances that this will be plentifully available down the road and then drop in price? That's how I got the Uncharted 3 collector's edition.

just put in an order with the sony store and got an order confirmation. says ready to ship on 6/19.  keeping my fingers crossed. 

just put in an order with the sony store and got an order confirmation. says ready to ship on 6/19.  keeping my fingers crossed. 
thanks for the heads up, i put an order at the sony store website too.

just put in an order with the sony store and got an order confirmation. says ready to ship on 6/19. keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks for the heads up.. I also put in an order. My package from Amazon arrived so damaged, I had to return it. The artbook and the steelbook were so badly messed up.. I have decided to never buy a limited edition from Amazon again unfortunately.

For those of you who still want one, you might want to check your GS on Monday. GS normally holds POs for 48 hours, meaning Monday should be the day that they start to sell off an extra or two (depending on how many they have).
I've been trying to get one since Friday but 48hrs should be today not Monday right or do they not consider release day as hold time? Idk why I didn't preorder this.
I don't believe the release day counts, because it's mandatory for them to hold it for the release date, and then they grant you 48 hours of grace period to let you pick up the item. At least, that's how it works with typical releases on Tuesday around here, wherein they won't sell them until Friday.
They called me Saturday and told me that I had to pick up my copy that night otherwise they would sell it Sunday morning. They said they had multiple people hoping that I would not pick up my Survival Edition so that they could get it haha. So it would appear they do count the release date as part of the 48 hours.

They called me Saturday and told me that I had to pick up my copy that night otherwise they would sell it Sunday morning. They said they had multiple people hoping that I would not pick up my Survival Edition so that they could get it haha. So it would appear they do count the release date as part of the 48 hours.[/quote]

[/QUOTE]did you paid it off fully?

back up on amazon. had a $30 gift card so that cut the price down significantly.  question is.. do I cancel my sony order now or keep both copies?

Keep both. If one comes to you damaged, then return it.

The supply seems to be slowly crawling back up after the first weekend as the Sony store still has it in stock. Now I see several copies available at GameStop shops as well as a Best Buy in my local area. The Post Pandemic is the much more difficult one to obtain at GameStop and is in ridiculously high demand.

They called me Saturday and told me that I had to pick up my copy that night otherwise they would sell it Sunday morning. They said they had multiple people hoping that I would not pick up my Survival Edition so that they could get it haha. So it would appear they do count the release date as part of the 48 hours.
Maybe they counted it as part of the 48 hours because they had them when they opened (that's what I was told anyway, that all stores would have all versions of the game when they opened Friday morning) and so, that would make Sunday morning the 48 hours. I think part of the reason my stores don't count the release date in the 48 hours is because sometimes they don't get deliveries until 3 or 4 PM so they don't count it as part of the 48 hours.

Called a local GameStop, and they said they have a few of these that have yet to be picked up yet. They told me to check back in a bit, because they'll start selling them if they aren't picked up soon.

Called a local GameStop, and they said they have a few of these that have yet to be picked up yet. They told me to check back in a bit, because they'll start selling them if they aren't picked up soon.
i find it funny that someone would preorder a special edition of a game, and not pick it up. Isn't the deposit fee $25 for special editions at gamestop? as oppose to the normally $5 deposit.

Ordered yesterday, shipped today from Amazon, arriving tomorrow even though it was supposed to be two day shipping :)

Is the sights and sounds pack a pre-order exclusive? I was watching some unboxings and people are getting vouchers for the pack in the survival edition. Does that mean we get two codes for pre-ordering as well as for the one in the box?

Is the sights and sounds pack a pre-order exclusive? I was watching some unboxings and people are getting vouchers for the pack in the survival edition. Does that mean we get two codes for pre-ordering as well as for the one in the box?

I just received my code in an email too...are vouchers included in box as well?

I got both the email from amazon containing the DLC PACK & when I received my copy it came with another DLC Code voucher included. The only thing that im pissed out is the fact that there is NO GAME MANUAL. Call me old fashion but I love having my manuals....

anyone here ever used the amazon locker service and know if it's reputable?  didn't want to risk having this sit on my front door all day while i'm at work...

anyone here ever used the amazon locker service and know if it's reputable?  didn't want to risk having this sit on my front door all day while i'm at work...
why would amazon locker not be reputable? it is owned by amazon, and I have used it numerous of time.

why would amazon locker not be reputable? it is owned by amazon, and I have used it numerous of time.
using it for the first time and just wanted to see if anyone here can vouch for it. thanks for quelling my fears.

using it for the first time and just wanted to see if anyone here can vouch for it. thanks for quelling my fears.  
you have to pick up your item within 3 business day, once it is delieverd to the amazon locker.

Wow.. it looks like The Last of Us may sell better than Uncharted 2 or 3.

Looks like this is a big winner for Naughty Dog.

I think they may be planning for a much bigger release for GOTY edition later.

[/QUOTE]did you paid it off fully?
[/QUOTE]Just the mandatory $25

bread's done
Back