The Last Of Us Survival Edition available NOW at Amazon.com (OOS)

I hope people that think "...they are making more" understand that from the conception of the idea to getting the inventory to stores would take weeks... not four days.

Even though I asked, I know that's the case (since I always tell people, if something is OoS, Amazon almost always gets something back in stock once it's released). I'm honestly surprised, is all. I think this is the first Sony CE that's actually been hard to find after release... and they even released two versions for it. Uncharted 3, God of War 3 & Ascension, InFamous 2, LBP2, and Killzone 2 were all easily found months after release. I think that's all of their CEs in NA, right?

Yes but each of those titles you listed all have 2's or 3's in the title---meaning they were at the very least sequels.

Also most if not all of those were sold at multiple retailers above and beyond the major ones.

GT5 CE was very limited and despite the GOW3 CE being readily available new copies cost more then MSRP at this point and time.

I hope people that think "...they are making more" understand that from the conception of the idea to getting the inventory to stores would take weeks... not four days.

Even though I asked, I know that's the case (since I always tell people, if something is OoS, Amazon almost always gets something back in stock once it's released). I'm honestly surprised, is all. I think this is the first Sony CE that's actually been hard to find after release... and they even released two versions for it. Uncharted 3, God of War 3 & Ascension, InFamous 2, LBP2, and Killzone 2 were all easily found months after release. I think that's all of their CEs in NA, right?

Yes but each of those titles you listed all have 2's or 3's in the title---meaning they were at the very least sequels.

Also most if not all of those were sold at multiple retailers above and beyond the major ones.

GT5 CE was very limited and despite the GOW3 CE being readily available new copies cost more then MSRP at this point and time.
True enough, on all points. I never expected the Survival Edition to sell out though, even if it was a new IP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Says "Out of Stock" when I check it, gone again?

EDIT: Added to cart but then a message appears "The Last of Us: Survival Edition PS399198 is currently not available. Please remove it from the cart before proceeding."
Aw... that sucks. I figured it was in stock since the "add to cart" option is there. When it was sold out before, it said "out of stock" instead. My bad man... didn't mean to get your hopes up.:whistle2:S

Ordered mine on Sunday, shipped Monday and arrived in pretty amazing condition on Wednesday. No damages to any of the contents. Proud I was able to get my hands on this. I actually beat the game via free Redbox rental codes but loved the game so much that I think Naughty Dog deserved every penny of my money for this -- a huge fan here. If I could get my hands on a Post-Pandemic edition for MSRP price, I would but I think that ship has long sailed. Oh well. This will do. :)

I received mine, seals were intact. Just a few little lines on the box (probably using it to write a paper on), but doesn't bother me much. Everything looks great really!

got my order of the survival edition from amazon. Seal was broken, looks like a return.

I can't explain the seal being broken but this was a really shitty design. If you lay the Survival Edition flat with the front/top facing up then the art book is actually laying on top of the steelbook (really poor design). Not a big deal unless you order 2-3 and at ~ 4-5lbs each you're talking about at least 15lbs of pressure on the bottom copy.

I'm not sure how Amazon received their copies but I got one in the mail the other day that had pressure creases on the sides of the box from having to much weight put on top of it and low and behold when I opened it up the steelbook was FUBAR.

Not a big deal because I actually cared only about the game and artbook but could see how this would upset someone that wanted to collect their copy

I got two of these on release day from amazon.  One was perfect, and one the seal sticker was crushed up to the point where it almost looked like it had been removed and stuck back on, and the box was a little beat up.  I think either during production or shipping the boxes are getting damaged some.

I received mine yesterday. I ordered on Monday when it said in stock on 6/21. The seal was in tact and box was perfect. There are two tiny paint chips on the steelbook though right where it sat in the cardboard holder. Nothing really major and no dents, looks like its just from rubbing in the box.

Gamestop appears to have either gotten a restock in stores or cancelled preorders are showing up.  Used the store tracker and there were quite a few more in my area than earlier in the week.

Gamestop appears to have either gotten a restock in stores or cancelled preorders are showing up. Used the store tracker and there were quite a few more in my area than earlier in the week.
Yeah, I have a few in my area as well. I would say this was a small restock, cancels, misplaced inventory. If anyone is partially interested, try your local GS, as this will probably be your last chance at the survival edition. They had this up for awhile online yesterday, so it's not surprising they sent some out to stores.

I don't believe this will be a long term "restocked" item, as Amazon is the most organized of the big online retailers, and they don't show a restock date for these, so I'm assuming it was limited edition and won't be made again.

Sony shipped mine with one broken air pocket thing. The seal was opened, there was a sony item sticker on bottom and the steelbook was chipped. Horrible shipping, going back.

Got mine from Sony store online...everything was perfect. Nice shipping too! Glad I was able to get one last minute. =)

bread's done
Back