The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GameCube) $37.99 @ CC.com

Is this 5pm thing a normal Circuit City policy? Do they usually stick to it?

I was planning on heading there a little before 5 to make sure I get a copy. Should I expect a line and go a little early?

Edit: Some people at GAF report that CC will not sell until 5pm, as listed in the ad. And quantities seem to be 10-20 per store. Perhaps I will go about 4pm and bring my DS for the wait.

[quote name='trunks982']i said i went to BESTBUY. not circuit city. most of the time bestbuy have it when the store opens. i live near bestbuy, so i use CC ad to pricematch it.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy just got it in around 11:30 EST... they had about 100 copies. Cashier pm'ed the Circuit City ad no problem.

Even threw a $5 reward zone certificate on top of it to make it $32.99.

[quote name='ma']Is this 5pm thing a normal Circuit City policy? Do they usually stick to it?

I was planning on heading there a little before 5 to make sure I get a copy. Should I expect a line and go a little early?[/quote]

dude go to circuit city now if you can. i went to the one in knoxville tn and theyre selling ti already. i dont think too many stores will be waiting till 5 maybe best buy since theyre not answering their phones but i suggest if you know of a place that has it go now dont wait. also check target and walmart the ones locally here will be supposedly getting in tp around noon.

[quote name='lokizz']dude go to circuit city now if you can. i went to the one in knoxville tn and theyre selling ti already. i dont think too many stores will be waiting till 5 maybe best buy since theyre not answering their phones but i suggest if you know of a place that has it go now dont wait. also check target and walmart the ones locally here will be supposedly getting in tp around noon.[/QUOTE]

Some stores will put them out early, some won't. It's best just to call probably. At the store I currently work for we never put them out early anymore. Used to but we changed it up to stick to the ad's release time, do mainly to the fact that we quickly found out you get alot of pissed off people coming around at about 5pm if you happen to be sold out of the new release by that time.

fuck i want to get this but i know i wont play it much.. im too much into my 360 games that i have yet to finish...

dont even have the gc connected

[quote name='musicnoteless']the Wii Guide has the gamecube guide inculded as well.[/QUOTE]

i think that's the np one. I'll just go with that, I think they are more reliable then Prima anyway.

[quote name='musicnoteless']the Wii Guide has the gamecube guide inculded as well.[/QUOTE]

nothing different between the Wii and the GC for the maps, from what i recall except that the Wii version is the mirrored version of the GC version, so both are in the same guide. just that the walkthroughs are based on the Wii version.

Just picked it up at Best Buy. I didn't have time to pick up the CC ad, but the cashier PM'd it anyway. He said a guy had just come through with the ad, so he knew about it. hehe :D

None of the stores in Queens have it yet. So, don't bother visiting College Point CC or Long Island City BB until after 5 p.m. The BB rep did say he was expecting 48 copies of it, so not as low a number as some had originally thought.

I almost feel silly now preordering it being that some are walking in B&M stores and getting it. On the good side though..Google checkout saved me 10 bucks.

The Best Buy website claims that my store has it in stock but I don't have the CC ad to pricematch it. Does anyone know where I can get the actual ad?

[quote name='Libra']The Best Buy website claims that my store has it in stock but I don't have the CC ad to pricematch it. Does anyone know where I can get the actual ad?[/quote]
It's in this past Sunday's (12/10) weekly ad

You could also try the CC website...not sure if BB would accept a print-out version of the ad, but it might be worth a shot.

http://weeklyad.circuitcity.com/circuitcity/

[quote name='Libra']The Best Buy website claims that my store has it in stock but I don't have the CC ad to pricematch it. Does anyone know where I can get the actual ad?[/quote]

I picked it up this morning (11:30) at CC. Not on the floor but they went and got me 2 copies (me and my sis) from the back no prob. very tempting to pick up some copies to sell in about a year but I do not want to take away copies that people will want to play with.

JEFF

circuit city didn't have it out yet ("it's in transit" was the official employee comment), so I went to meijer and pricematched it. here's the best part - while I was checking out, they quietly let it be known that they got in 3 wiis, and I picked up the last one. woohoo! no more camping for that last christmas present!

I went to my CC at 10am this morning to pick up some Media and found a lot of copies on the shelf. I didn't even know it was coming out today. Didn't buy a copy, but I might.

Just got back from Xmas shopping. I saw copies at Best Buy and Wal-Mart before buying it at Circuit City for the sale price.

I'm not sure this is really going to be that hard to find.

Please help me! How can I price-match this at Wal-Mart? I don't have the ad; is it online? Will a printout of the online CC sale price work?

You can get the weekly ad at Circuit City B&M... mine had them at the checkout counter, some have their ads on racks right when you walk through the doors.

Since my CC wasn't selling the game yet, I just looked for where they had their ads and grabbed one to PM at Best Buy.

[quote name='KongaKing']Got mine at best buy, PMing CCity with $5 gift card and "Mystery Gift" ($5-5000..it was $5) for $32.xx after tax then[/QUOTE]

I did the same, except I used a GGC for the $5 off. My totaly was $33.59 after tax, though...Freakin' awesome deal. I was ready to buy this for $50 for like three years.

Picked mine up at the same time as an older lady (waiting for someone with a key to open the locked case). And the cashier was gushing about the Wii version. Good times.

picked up my copy at City of Industry's Circuit City around 4:30pm pst

They have about ~20 copies left.. it's locked up in the glass cabinet at the back of the store. :bouncy:

Just got mine from walmart they probably had 20 for each system. and they price matched cc's ad (which i printed out online) for 37.99 beats $65 on ebay

[quote name='mosey73']Just got mine from walmart they probably had 20 for each system. and they price matched cc's ad (which i printed out online) for 37.99 beats $65 on ebay[/QUOTE]
Where can I find the add online?

My BestBuy screwed up the 110% of the difference. Instead of getting $1.20 off, I somehow got $4 off. I have no idea how, but the total come out to $36.xx with tax. w00t!

Is anyone else a little disappointed that they didn't do the gold embossing on the center logo for the Gamecube version like they did for the Wii version?

picked it up today at cc.. fuck it... the gc deserves it last hurrah...

anyways.. anyone else finding it painful to play this game... its the first time i connect the gc to my lcd tv and it just looks so painful..ive been spoiled by 360 goodness... and im using svideo which used to make gc look real good ..

picked it up today at cc.. fuck it... the gc deserves it last hurrah...

anyways.. anyone else finding it painful to play this game... its the first time i connect the gc to my lcd tv and it just looks so painful..ive been spoiled by 360 goodness... and im using svideo which used to make gc look real good back then..

no way im shelling out cash for gc component though

[quote name='guyver2077']picked it up today at cc.. fuck it... the gc deserves it last hurrah...

anyways.. anyone else finding it painful to play this game... its the first time i connect the gc to my lcd tv and it just looks so painful..ive been spoiled by 360 goodness... and im using svideo which used to make gc look real good ..[/quote]

on my 'cube, i went from composite to s-video to component, and i thought the leap was the same from one cable to the next. about the only thing you could do to improve the image would be to go for that component cable, which is more trouble ($$) than it's worth. i'm guessing the 4:3 format adds to the crappiness of the low resolution (at least, compared to the 360).

I just tried to order it from CC's website and it says unable to order from this location. So I call them up and find out it's out of stock. Darn. Will any other stores honor a print out of the price from the website?
Did anyone actually get it ordered from the website?

[quote name='dragoon99']I just tried to order it from CC's website and it says unable to order from this location. So I call them up and find out it's out of stock. Darn. Will any other stores honor a print out of the price from the website?
Did anyone actually get it ordered from the website?[/QUOTE]

The Best Buy I went to had no problem honoring the ad I printed out from the website. I'd suggest printing out their weekly ad, though, rather than the game page from the website. That'll let wherever you go know that this is an in-store offer.

Picked up a copy for myself and my little brother to put away for Xmas...unless he get's a Wii and then i'll have to return it

Got mine price matched at Best Buy earlier today (printed out the CC ad). They only had a couple more copies on the display table, and there doesn't seemt o be a GC section anymore. I dunno if they had more copies in the back though. GS called me a couple of days ago and asked if I still wanted the copy I preordered. I might just go and pick it up if I can flip it on ebay...

bread's done
Back