The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

How dare someone tell someone not to buy games if they don't have money!!! People on here like to get congrats for buying endless amounts of games that they can stare at.

what are the chances of seeing better bundles  or prices during black friday?

It makes me wonder how are store going to sell the standard wii U system (with nintendoland) vs the windwaker bundle.

Im guessing they will add an extra game to make it more enticing?

Last edited by a moderator:
what are the chances of seeing better bundles or prices during black friday?

It makes me wonder how are store going to sell the standard wii U system (with nintendoland) vs the windwaker bundle.

I guessing they will add an extra game to make it more enticing?
Who's knows.

However, if I had to guess, with the upcoming Wind Waker bundle, I could see some stores trying to clear old stock of the Nintendo Land bundle.

... or maybe that is just what I am hoping for.

what are the chances of seeing better bundles or prices during black friday?

Im guessing they will add an extra game to make it more enticing?
Chances are pretty good IMO.

Whether it will be an actual "holiday bundle" I don't know, but at minimum I would think black Friday knocks an extra $50 off. But there's always the chance it is much better than that. (i.e. $100 off, or maybe $50 + some different games).

No idea how the Nintendo-land gets cleared out. Maybe it gets an extra $50 off or something.

I almost bit on the console bundle but I think I'll hold off for now and see if there are bundles later on for games I want more. WW being a digital copy was more so another reason for me not to get it. But I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo does that with bundles from now on. If the console had some kind of zelda design or even a different color I would have probably changed my mind.
They have been doing that for the last few 3ds LE Bundles. I don't think Nintendo is ever going back to physical copy bundles.

How dare someone tell someone not to buy games if they don't have money!!! People on here like to get congrats for buying endless amounts of games that they can stare at.
Way to completely miss the point. It's none of your business what other people choose to spend their money on and certainly not their place to talk to someone like they are irresponsible when they have no real idea of what said persons financial situation is.

Anybody remember the good ol' days when El Hoardo would show his face on CAG and be slammed down hard, ran out of here in disgrace? What happened CAG? Now we have El Hoardo's bragging about ebay scalping freely in the open, and others actually applauding it? I REALLY wish we could go back to the good ol' days, but even more than that, I wish stores would implement a seperate return policy for these LE items the way I know some around here do for console launches. Like maybe 1 per customer and you only have 7 days to return it?

But no, I guess it's better to have everything sold to El Hoardo in a single transaction than keep stock in for a few days for people who actually want the crap.

But what really gets me is El Hoardo is taking over preorders now too. I went to 3 local Gamestops to pre-order WWHD LE (really wanted that figurine lol) and every place I went to was out of pre-orders for the special edition, and when I asked I was told all pre-orders at each store were placed by a single person. And to make matters worse they are all pushier than a car salesman, trying to get me to preorder the standard version (which I have no interest in whatsoever, and even if I did no way would I pre-order what's sure to be an easy to find game). This is getting out of hand, I didn't even know Gamestop let you pre-order multiple copies of the same game, but it's a given that I won't be able to get this now (no, shipping isn't an option for me right now, I'm between addresses and have no way to receive packages) :boxing:. Thanks El Hoardo, once again I miss out because of your bullshit.

Oh well, that figurine looks more like it should be a Club Nintendo Platinum/high coin prize, but not something to pay $10 extra for. I actually do collect busts/statues/ect and this would look fairly cheap next to most of my other pieces.
Cheer up bud. you can get it here

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/the-legend-of-zelda-the-wind-waker-hd-gamestop-exclusive-limited-edition/111455

It's only 5'' though which is pretty lame.

I would totally get this if someone would buy my current deluxe for the right price. That doesn't seem like it's gonna happen, so I'll probably pass.

Way to completely miss the point. It's none of your business what other people choose to spend their money on and certainly not their place to talk to someone like they are irresponsible when they have no real idea of what said persons financial situation is.
When someone posts that they can't preorder something because they have to wait until payday or because they can't have an authorization on their credit card, that's a pretty good sign that they have some financial issues. People in reasonable financial shape don't have those issues. The fact that those same people bring it up on a public message forum means that people are free to discuss it. If you really feel like your financial status is nobody else's business, don't post about it here. Problem solved.

I have $65 in credit to use for the bundle.  i'll be looking out over the next 3 weeks for some nice flips to get credit at GS to pay for this bad boy (If not, i'll just use cash, but I obviously prefer getting it through trade credit by spending the least amount possible :) )

Yet people make it everyone's business everyday on this site. Don't be a hypocrite. You can't take being told something than dont tell everyone what you do on a daily basis. Seriously people get so offended when they are told something yet they make topic after topic waiting for critic. LoL

CAN anyone fill me in? Are these hard to get now? Or these are actually $55 but GS listed them as $60? 

CAN anyone fill me in? Are these hard to get now? Or these are actually $55 but GS listed them as $60?
I'm not sure if they'll be hard to get, I reserved mine the day it was announced. If you're worried about it, just order from their website. They are still taking orders there.

just wondering what was the last special/limited/etc edition of a home console Nintendo released in NA?  I recall a pikachu n64 that may have come with the mic game.

just wondering what was the last special/limited/etc edition of a home console Nintendo released in NA? I recall a pikachu n64 that may have come with the mic game.
I can't recall one either. Not even with the gamecube which was an under seller as well. Maybe the platinum gamecube?

Pre ordered 2 going to try and sell the game and keep the statue. Second one just incase another 60 shows up in my wallet so I can keep one sealed for ever just to gaze upon lovingly

When someone posts that they can't preorder something because they have to wait until payday or because they can't have an authorization on their credit card, that's a pretty good sign that they have some financial issues. People in reasonable financial shape don't have those issues. The fact that those same people bring it up on a public message forum means that people are free to discuss it. If you really feel like your financial status is nobody else's business, don't post about it here. Problem solved.
Shit happens, car's need serviced, unexpected hospital bills need paid, downpayment on a house, etc. Just because someone is hurting one week doesn't mean they are in financial ruin. All I'm saying is it's no one's place on the internet to act like someone's mother and start scolding them for what they want to spend their money on.

Yet people make it everyone's business everyday on this site. Don't be a hypocrite. You can't take being told something than dont tell everyone what you do on a daily basis. Seriously people get so offended when they are told something yet they make topic after topic waiting for critic. LoL
I don't post my shit on video game forums for elitist dicks to act like they know better about what I should be doing with my money so sorry that wasn't me

Shit happens, car's need serviced, unexpected hospital bills need paid, downpayment on a house, etc. Just because someone is hurting one week doesn't mean they are in financial ruin. All I'm saying is it's no one's place on the internet to act like someone's mother and start scolding them for what they want to spend their money on.

I don't post my shit on video game forums for elitist dicks to act like they know better about what I should be doing with my money so sorry that wasn't me
My point remains the same. If you have an emergency such that all your reasonable efforts at sound financial responsibility fail, you shouldn't be spending beyond your means on video games until you are back in your pre-emergency financial balance. Video games are luxury goods and nobody needs them to survive. If you don't want to subject yourself to commentary from strangers on a forum, don't air your personal financial problems here. There's no mystery and if you don't like the discussion, simply ignore it.

I can only confirm that they are $59.99 at GameStop. That is what the manager said the price would be on the limited edition when I pre-ordered yesterday. No offense, but what I don't understand is the hesitance over $5 since $60 is what the entry point has been for most new games since the beginning of the PS3/360 generation. Wii U is on the same graphics/power levels as those systems, so the price sounds right to me since you get the figurine too.

How about you guys stfu about financial issues?  This is a thread about zelda, not your personal problems with money or your take on them.  That's how threads get butchered or locked.  Bunch of trolls and feeders I swear.

Anyway, I got my figure edition ordered the other day at gamestop.  Not getting the system though, cause my wii u doesn't get enough play as it is, no reason to buy another.

Let's be real here, none of you care if anyone is doing well financially, if you're posting about it you're probably just being snobby.

Anyway pre-ordering the LE game and the console itself later today.  Gonna see if i can sell the WWHD code on eBay to offset the price of the LE, physical > digital for me all the way.

My point remains the same. If you have an emergency such that all your reasonable efforts at sound financial responsibility fail, you shouldn't be spending beyond your means on video games until you are back in your pre-emergency financial balance. Video games are luxury goods and nobody needs them to survive. If you don't want to subject yourself to commentary from strangers on a forum, don't air your personal financial problems here. There's no mystery and if you don't like the discussion, simply ignore it.
video games may be more important to some people than something you think is a necessity. People can spend their money how they want to and they don't have to listen to you telling them what they should or shouldn't buy with it because they are not rich enough for it.

I can only confirm that they are $59.99 at GameStop. That is what the manager said the price would be on the limited edition when I pre-ordered yesterday. No offense, but what I don't understand is the hesitance over $5 since $60 is what the entry point has been for most new games since the beginning of the PS3/360 generation. Wii U is on the same graphics/power levels as those systems, so the price sounds right to me since you get the figurine too.
cuz the MSRP of the game is $50 not $60, plus nintendo said it would be $55

Cuz people like to bitch about GameStop yet they go there daily and post there "finds". But when GameStop does something like this its of most importance to take a stand and fight it cuz if we don't then we can't take advantage of there other deals and post our "finds". Cuz that's why.

Does anyone know if you can pre order the console in stores at Target? I want to pick it up myself on release day instead of waiting for it to ship and I want the 5% target redcard discount. When I went to the store today the associate couldn't find one of those little preorder cards like they have for the Xbox One and PS4. It's not a huge deal since I can order off the website or hope they still have them in stock on release day (and since it's a Wii U it probably won't sell out super quick).

Thanks for pointing that out Doggy. Target may be the best option to minimize costs. If newegg has such a crappy history with pre orders, a 5% off at target may be the closest to getting a tax free console on release day. They might also have a sale or two like they did with the 3ds limited edition bundle they had last time (pikachu I think).

Anyone know of any newegg promo codes ?

The last game I pre ordered from newegg was the starcraft 2 heart of the swarm c.e.

I showed up in an oversized box filled with those green air bags or whatever they are called if that helps anyone with the newegg shipping issues.

I'm thinking about trading some stuff and I still have some old gamestop credit to use unless I can find a better deal elsewhere.

I pre-ordered from gamestop, then from Newegg once it showed up.... Tried to cancel the gamestop order and they force you to call them... Seriously annoying

I pre-ordered from gamestop, then from Newegg once it showed up.... Tried to cancel the gamestop order and they force you to call them... Seriously annoying
It's likely just a site error... wait a day or two (since tomorrow is labor day) and try again and it should work. The only time you can't cancel an order is if it's being processed and this isn't coming out for weeks so that's not the issue here.

Interesting.. i sent them an email and they cancelled for me.

I then went w/ Bestbuy.

That's completely not true. What if he's a high school kid or someone young that just wants to wait until pay day? That's not "financial issues". That's just what its like to be young. Financial issues would be he has debt or something that's making it difficult to pay bills. Needing to wait until next week doesn't fit that description.

That's completely not true. What if he's a high school kid or someone young that just wants to wait until pay day? That's not "financial issues". That's just what its like to be young. Financial issues would be he has debt or something that's making it difficult to pay bills. Needing to wait until next week doesn't fit that description.
Again, it doesn't matter if you make minimum wage or a million a year. If you are living paycheck to paycheck and/or have no capacity on your credit card, you should be focused on saving money and building credit rather than immediately putting your last dollar into unnecessary luxury items that lose value the moment you buy them. I do pro-bono volunteer work with people that get into excessive debt on a regular basis so I see the damage this kind of attitude about spending everything rather than saving and waiting can do. I see just as many young people and minimum wage earners as people making middle class salaries, so it's not really about relative wealth. As for why I care about this so personally, I feel that it negatively impacts the rest of us because many of these people end up either declaring bankruptcy or defaulting on loans and credit cards and that results in higher costs for those of us with good credit, societal impacts like higher social aid program costs which in turn result in higher taxes and fewer credit card incentive programs (i.e. cash back or other rewards) for those of us who are responsible credit users.

Again, it doesn't matter if you make minimum wage or a million a year. If you are living paycheck to paycheck and/or have no capacity on your credit card, you should be focused on saving money and building credit rather than immediately putting your last dollar into unnecessary luxury items that lose value the moment you buy them. I do pro-bono volunteer work with people that get into excessive debt on a regular basis so I see the damage this kind of attitude about spending everything rather than saving and waiting can do. I see just as many young people and minimum wage earners as people making middle class salaries, so it's not really about relative wealth. As for why I care about this so personally, I feel that it negatively impacts the rest of us because many of these people end up either declaring bankruptcy or defaulting on loans and credit cards and that results in higher costs for those of us with good credit, societal impacts like higher social aid program costs which in turn result in higher taxes and fewer credit card incentive programs (i.e. cash back or other rewards) for those of us who are responsible credit users.
And you are mad why again? No ones forcing you to live here and pay takes you know.

Let's be real here, none of you care if anyone is doing well financially, if you're posting about it you're probably just being snobby.

Anyway pre-ordering the LE game and the console itself later today. Gonna see if i can sell the WWHD code on eBay to offset the price of the LE, physical > digital for me all the way.
From what we know, the game might be pre-installed on the system already just like Nintendo has done with their 3ds bundles. Only time will tell and if it is a code I may go ahead and do the same thing but I'm certain it is already pre-installed.

And you are mad why again? No ones forcing you to live here and pay takes you know.
*sigh* and the we have some very plump trolls around here due to all the feeding going on. Just ignore them please.

On topic, how many people here changed their order to newegg expect to get this? I keep seeing more and more issues with them and cancellations of preorders of various games.

did you read anything of what he said? He was talking about a kid who has a job.. kids have no financial responsibility and can spend 100% of their paychecks on video games if they want to. What's wrong with them waiting for their paychecks?

Also just because someone says they want to wait until their paycheck comes does not have any relation to them defaulting or declaring bankruptcy. Most people live paycheck to paycheck never going bankrupt. In fact, it's the people that DON'T wait until their paycheck comes and just buys are the ones that default. So the ones here saying they have to wait until they get paid are the ones being responsible.

bread's done
Back