The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Jesus. A district manager is gonna find out about that and ban you. They don't tolerate that kind of thing as far as I know. They have a "no dealers" policy and its gonna throw up read flags when a single store got 40 preorders of that game when others barely cracked 10.

Seriously, I thought the reselling scum on here try to stay on the downlow?

While this guy is only buying them to flip them, I'd say it's risky because not many people have a Wii U and not everyone cares about a Ganondorf statue. I ordered a Wind Waker console bundle and will be happy with the scribbled on gamepad and complimentary copy of Wind Waker HD.

They aren't going to let you pick up 40 of them. If it was a regular game, but this is limited. My friend pre-ordered 8 Wii U's to flip them and when he went into the store, the manager was like "Oh, so you're the guy" and they told him he couldn't pick up all 8. Only two. They argued and the manager there called the district manager and he said "Yeah, we can't let you pick up that many, but you'll get your money back of course." But they did let him put down the pre-orders at the time.

But they aren't going to let you pick up 40 of them. They'll probably call you before then and say we have to limit your orders to 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmao at all the jealous people. Nothing like one jealous person being comforted by other jealous people on the interweb. #imtelling #urmean #wheresmine

Aw man, really? But I'm paying ten WHOLE dollars on it, I was expecting a 12" PVC hand-crafted statue made by Project Triforce.

I'm sorry man but that was incredibly unrealistic of you. I actually do collect statues/busts/figurines (though not at the level most others do, you think gaming is expensive try collecting these glorified paperweights) and the biggest one in my collection is a 6" Kilowog. These things never come much bigger than that unless they are life sized or scaled, the absolute biggest I've found is 9" high. And if you were expecting a foot high PVC + game at $60, you need to wake up. Most of these statues retail at around $40-$50 minimum.

Again, I'm only an amateur collector, but a statue you are describling would probably sell at $60 all by itself. As a paid pre-order bonus, there's no way we were ever getting anything like that.

the wii u is cheal to make but the gamepad is worth 150$ from what ive heard which is madness
CNN did a surprisingly accurate/professional breakdown on the WiiU's cost after gutting the system. After factoring shipping/manufacturing/programing/ect and pretty much everything else except for R&D, the system itself was priced at $150 and the gamepad at $75. So yeah, it's very safe to assume that Nintendo lied about selling the system at a loss, but honestly, most of us knew that after the first video/breakdown of the system being gutted was in place. Unlike Wii/GC/ect, WiiU uses VERY cheap components, some of which (like the wireless reciever) are more or less "blacklisted" from most electronics just because of the piss poor quality. It's hard to say now, but I anticipate the WiiU's failure rate will be comperable to the 360, if it doesn't outright exceed them.

Then again, you'll never hear about it, none of the big sites ever badmouth Nintendo unless it's some massive mistake/poor sales costing them millions. We all remember the abysmal 3DS launch too well where we all ended up with scratched up top screens, but the biggest site to cover that was GN :/

I'm sorry man but that was incredibly unrealistic of you. I actually do collect statues/busts/figurines (though not at the level most others do, you think gaming is expensive try collecting these glorified paperweights) and the biggest one in my collection is a 6" Kilowog. These things never come much bigger than that unless they are life sized or scaled, the absolute biggest I've found is 9" high. And if you were expecting a foot high PVC + game at $60, you need to wake up. Most of these statues retail at around $40-$50 minimum.

Again, I'm only an amateur collector, but a statue you are describling would probably sell at $60 all by itself. As a paid pre-order bonus, there's no way we were ever getting anything like that.
He was being sarcastic.

If you don't kiss ass and agree with others you are a troll. Cheapassgamer...the place where if you say you do it then you are wrong but if you do it without admitting it then you are using the site correctly.
its kinda sad, but thats the way its been going lately.

Here's my receipt.
Hahaha, that is the dumbest fucking thing I have seen in a long time. There is absolutely no goddamn way that GS is even going to get 40 copies, let alone give them all to you. Have fun getting yelled at and banned!

So there's a CAG Villain award or something, right? Instant winner right here.

Hahaha, that is the dumbest fucking thing I have seen in a long time. There is absolutely no goddamn way that GS is even going to get 40 copies, let alone give them all to you. Have fun getting yelled at and banned!

More like village idiot award. That's a huge gamble. There's no guarantee that those will even be valuable.

More like village idiot award. That's a huge gamble. There's no guarantee that those will even be valuable.
Very true but Zelda stuff seems to always at least hold value.

I was thinking villain since he'll go to the store and either cause a bunch of trouble for the employees or screw a bunch of legitimate buyers out of their copies of the game. Hopefully there's a competent employee on hand to prevent the latter, but then again they did let him make a ridiculous amount of preorders in the first place so who knows.

I'm actually surprised he was able to pre-order so many copies at all. I was under the impression that GS would ban anyone who looks like they might be a flipper or reseller.

The employees at my GS won't even let me trade in more than 1 copy of a game at their store (they tell me to wait a day and take it to another store) just to be safe from their system. And I've seen people on CAG say they've gotten banned for buying multiple copies of a game.

Yes, Gamestop has stops in the system for resellers.  This happened frequently when new Skylanders figures came out.  People that ordered more than two or so got their order cancelled completely and an email directing them to Gamestop's bulk purchasing department.  Best Buy and Walmart have been known to do the same thing, cancel orders - and in some cases ban the user completely.  The criteria for banning seems to be inconsistent (probably by design to keep people from gaming it).

In store though, it all depends on who is working and the manager.  I cannot imagine though that a stack of 40 LEs would be sent to the store without raising some flags.  And unless he has a good friend that is going to be working (and only him) I find it unlikely he would be allowed to get them all (just think how many/bags/trips to the car it would take).  Simply being able to place the pre-orders is just the first (and easiest) hurdle he had to cross to get them.  And even if he is able to get them all, a remake for a system that has a fairly small install base is going to be a tough sale, sinking two grand into it is quite a gamble.  At least when he hoarded the LE books you knew people would want them well into the future and he could at least get face value.

For all the effort, finger crossing and up front investment there are far better ways to make money that don't involve pissing off a ton of your fellow gamers.  And if you do have to do it, then at least be smart enough to not brag about doing it.  Almost no one is going to be impressed by it.

I might be wrong, but maybe whoever was behind the register was excited to get a huge number to bolster their pre-order quota for the week/day (however that works).  Once the release day actually comes, they'll probably refund him and have more available stock for people who want to pick one up but didn't pre-order.

I might be wrong, but maybe whoever was behind the register was excited to get a huge number to bolster their pre-order quota for the week/day (however that works). Once the release day actually comes, they'll probably refund him and have more available stock for people who want to pick one up but didn't pre-order.
I'd think that getting 40 preorders in one day would be a red flag for management. Hell, even the 10 that are showing on that receipt.

Lol, dude, he was being sarcastic. Very clear if read in context.
I see, I thought he was the same user why was dissapointed that the statue was only 5" tall, I didn't get the sarcasm.

Gamestop sold this asshole the pre-orders, assuming that he is there when the store opens they pretty much have to give all of their stock to him. As much as that bothers me, I find it even more worrisome that GS lets anybody pre-order that much to begin with. I've had issues with them before where I wasn't able to get my pre-order day 1 because something sold out and it really pissed me off, they shouldn't be allowed to sell unlimited pre-orders at all.

Where did the number 40 come from anyways? I see 10 pre-orders, but nowhere do I see anything about 40 of them.

Last edited:

Gamestop sold this asshole the pre-orders, assuming that he is there when the store opens they pretty much have to give all of their stock to him.  As much as that bothers me, I find it even more worrisome that GS lets anybody pre-order that much to begin with.  I've had issues with them before where I wasn't able to get my pre-order day 1 because something sold out and it really pissed me off, they shouldn't be allowed to sell unlimited pre-orders at all.

Where did the number 40 come from anyways?  I see 10 pre-orders, but nowhere do I see anything about 40 of them.
it is possible, if you buddy buddy/ friends with gamestop employees. he is probably in good grace with the gamestop manager at store,that lets him preorder 40 copies of it.

I do believe that Gamestop employees are expected to get a specific number of pre-orders/magazine subscriptions per shift.

The employee who did that probably didn't consult with a manager until he showed him/her how badly he beat his daily quota.

Thread is getting cleaned out. He said he pre-ordered 40.
Yeah, he said he didn't want to post the whole receipt cause the guy that rang him up's name was on it and he wrote something on it as well. Either way, I went ahead and submitted this to corperate since it was listed the area he was in, and they said they would check it out and see what the deal is on it.

There is absolutely no reason for someone to get an item thats limited and preorders cut off for, and then turn around and sell it for 150 to 200 bucks like he did with the HH edition. All this is gonna do is screw people over, not only people who only want one for them for retail price, but also gamestop will crack down on resellers even harder causing issues with someone who might want two copies.

And if anyone wants to pull that "oh its alright to not say anything and do this but if you say something then you are a bad guy", yeah, you are. I don't aim to screw people over and make a profit doing it, I come here for cheap games for me. I'm not a reseller, and this isn't cheapassflipper. Deal with it.

Yeah, he said he didn't want to post the whole receipt cause the guy that rang him up's name was on it and he wrote something on it as well. Either way, I went ahead and submitted this to corperate since it was listed the area he was in, and they said they would check it out and see what the deal is on it.

There is absolutely no reason for someone to get an item thats limited and preorders cut off for, and then turn around and sell it for 150 to 200 bucks like he did with the HH edition. All this is gonna do is screw people over, not only people who only want one for them for retail price, but also gamestop will crack down on resellers even harder causing issues with someone who might want two copies.

And if anyone wants to pull that "oh its alright to not say anything and do this but if you say something then you are a bad guy", yeah, you are. I don't aim to screw people over and make a profit doing it, I come here for cheap games for me. I'm not a reseller, and this isn't cheapassflipper. Deal with it.
Hey could you do me a solid and give me the number to call for corporate? I complained way earlier in this thread, but I went to 3 Gamestops and was told no more pre-orders were available at any of them, and when I asked about it sure enough the guy told me they were all sold to one customer.

I am also a little confused how this guy can order 40 of these LE bundles when I'm told all pre-orders have been filled?

Hey could you do me a solid and give me the number to call for corporate?  I complained way earlier in this thread, but I went to 3 Gamestops and was told no more pre-orders were available at any of them, and when I asked about it sure enough the guy told me they were all sold to one customer. 

I am also a little confused how this guy can order 40 of these LE bundles when I'm told all pre-orders have been filled?
he did it yesterday, which was the last day for preorders

You a snitch

snitch_o_1147063.jpg

Hey could you do me a solid and give me the number to call for corporate? I complained way earlier in this thread, but I went to 3 Gamestops and was told no more pre-orders were available at any of them, and when I asked about it sure enough the guy told me they were all sold to one customer.

I just went through the contact email. Any time I've had any issues with them they always forward it on and get a reply back from the district manager for my area. But like it was said, Tommy ordered all of his before the cut off happened, is the reason why you are getting a denial now.

And yeah, I am a snitch. But only cause Tommy is a smug ass that likes to rub it in everyone's face on here how much he's gaming the system, and whining and crying about his financial situation before, but seems to have 2+ grand to spend on WW LEs and going to PAX to get swag to sell on ebay too. I think I am very well justified.

he did it yesterday, which was the last day for preorders
What? Since when has GS had a last day for pre-orders? I've had moronic employees ask me if I want to preorder X game that's half a week away.

Either way I tried to preorder the LE shortly after I heard about it, a week or so ago.

What? Since when has GS had a last day for pre-orders? I've had moronic employees ask me if I want to preorder X game that's half a week away.

Either way I tried to preorder the LE shortly after I heard about it, a week or so ago.
Last day for preorders as in the last day they had any preorder stock left to sell.

Last day for preorders as in the last day they had any preorder stock left to sell.
Oh, I see. I only tried to pre-order through the store; between the fact that I'm moving and the fact that everything I ship comes out looking like hell I didn't bother.

Glad I got my pre-order in day one on the Limited edition WW game, now that they are sold out. I can easily see Nintendo shipping more at GameStop's request especially considering they are in dire need of WiI U having a good holiday.

Haha, looks like TommyLove got the banhammer.  Good riddance; hopefully he gets laughed out of GameStop and banned for life too.

Anyone who missed out on this: I'd watch this thread like a hawk and F5 gamestop.com's page on launch day.  I'm sure some will come up after people cancel their orders/GS gets extras instore.

Haha, looks like TommyLove got the banhammer.  Good riddance; hopefully he gets laughed out of GameStop and banned for life too.

Anyone who missed out on this: I'd watch this thread like a hawk and F5 gamestop.com's page on launch day.  I'm sure some will come up after people cancel their orders/GS gets extras instore.
or they can go to tommy loves gs store, and try and score some of his 40 preorders .

Haha, looks like TommyLove got the banhammer. Good riddance; hopefully he gets laughed out of GameStop and banned for life too.

Anyone who missed out on this: I'd watch this thread like a hawk and F5 gamestop.com's page on launch day. I'm sure some will come up after people cancel their orders/GS gets extras instore.
Hopefully it's permanent, I have no problem with people wanting to sell it's going to happen whether I approve of it or not but TommyLove had a way to rub it into peoples faces.

Hopefully it's permanent, I have no problem with people wanting to sell it's going to happen whether I approve of it or not but TommyLove had a way to rub it into peoples faces.
he can still lurk the forum ,even he is ban. it does not prevent him from hoarding any potential deals.

Man, I really wanted ONE copy for myself and they let people like this pre-order 40 copies to resell to others who can't speed shop?!

Screw this guy and screw GameStop for allowing it. It's bullsh!t plain and simple.

Went in store to try to preorder the windwaker hd game with statue- No luck - no longer taking preorders, hopefully they restock some before release or have some laying around post release

Yeah just a PS: Gamestop has no more preorders anywhere. Im fuck pissed because of the guy that preordered 40. Seriously. This is the ONLY game I am getting for my Wii U this year and thanks to that asshole I won't be getting it day one. 

Sorry that I am raging, but I came here for deals and to help a brother out when they want to get a game. Not to buy a million copies of something and then sell the hell out of it since it is out of stock 

Lmao people literally wait till the last minute then blame one guy for not being able to get the game. Oh my.

Just because people on here don't say what they do doesn't mean the people on here that you worship are not doing the same thing. Where's the dude that traded in a million UFC 3 games to take advantage of a promo? How he has screwed a lot of people out of the deal because of all his hoarding of the game. Maybe people want to actually play the game? That's different though because people worship him like a god on here. Lmao!!! Hypocrites

bread's done
Back