The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

Has there been any confirmation of whether it will be a code or pre installed on the console? Or is this gonna be a wait until 9/20 to find out.

Has there been any confirmation of whether it will be a code or pre installed on the console? Or is this gonna be a wait until 9/20 to find out.
I believe its a code, but I could be wrong. It would be nice if it was pre installed though.

edit: according to walmart.com it is in fact a download code.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly when did the pre-orders for the game LE sold out online? I tried doing it either the day of or after and it wasn't letting me go through saying my information wasn't accepted. Was that just a glitch? or did they sell out?
This bullshit happened to me, too.

can't decide whether to jump on this (with the Wii U Console bundle)
I'm a huge Zelda fan and I get the sense that this edition of the console will be in limited supply but I don't see how I can justify $300 on a WiiU at this point when there's just not that many games for it. The fact that the pack-in game and book aren't physical copies is a big turnoff also, if it were $300 for the print version of the book and a game disc then I'd probably pull the trigger. But having a Zelda graphic on the gamepad isn't enough on its own to make me want to grab one of these, and I already played Wind Waker on GC so I'm not nearly as interested as I would be in a totally new Zelda game.

I think I'm still taking a wait and see approach with this console, it's more likely at this point that I'll give it another year to see what kind of direction the system goes in and what exclusives it gets and then try to catch a good deal during Black Friday/Holiday Season 2014. I've got such a backlog/wishlist for PS3, 3DS, Vita and PC already that it's really hard to justify dropping another $300 on a new platform at this point.

can't decide whether to jump on this (with the Wii U Console bundle)

I'd wait until there were more games or a Black Friday bundle to justify the $300 for the Wii U. You just know there'll be some exciting ways Nintendo is going to encourage Wii U purchases during Black Friday. I turn your attention to the way Nintendo pushed the 3DS after its failed launch. They bundled it, often with 1-2 of 3 exciting games of the time (ie., Zelda remake (GS exclusive, deja vu?) that had released earlier but now for cheaper, or Mario Kart, a genuine Mario) and often for cheaper than at any other point.

They did this to build up a narrative that the 3DS was finally picking up steam in sales. For the most part, it worked, too. I expect them to repeat that. I suspect that's why they've set the 2DS at $130, so they can drop to $99. I happen to believe the Wii U is set up to go from $299 to $249 because they know that $249 is a magic price point that reminds people of the old Wii launch and you'd have a somewhat value-packed deal at $250 if you bundled 1-2 of the following titles: Nintendoland, NSMBU?NSLB, Pikmin 3, Zelda Remake (GS). Especially when you step back and consider such a deal on BF versus the PS4 at $399 or the Xbone at $499.

So if it were me, I'd wait for Black Friday to get the better deal because Nintendo is going to be aggressively courting retailers to feature the Wii U as the deal to get in video games. This is a strategy they perfected with the 3DS and there's no reason they won't do it again, especially when they're following the Zelda remake part of the 3DS strategy perfectly.

If people want to make money that way, so be it. But I dislike, very much, those who buy 10+ games to flip them. All the BS aside, the Zelda WiiU bundle is great for gamers like me who really haven't played any Wii games yet. 

I had a Wii at one point, but never found it that compelling. I'm glad I can pick up some sweet Wii games to play alongside brand new Wii U games.

If anyone is worried about the games and justifying the purchase, this is a list of exclusives that'll be out before Christmas on the Wii U

1 NSMBU
2 Nintendo Land
3 Zombi U
4 LEGO City
5 Monster Hunter 3U
6 NSLU
7 Pikmin 3
8 Wonderful 101
9 Zelda WWHD

Then "Coming Soon"
10 Sonic Lost World
11 Wii Party U
12 Mario 3D World
13 DKC: Tropical Freeze
14 Mario & Sonic Olympics
15 Wii Fit U

Plus the big holiday multiplats if you'd want those on a Nintendo system.  SSB, Bayonetta 2, and MK8 on the horizon too.  Getting a special edition vs. a better deal on black friday is a difficult decision though

I have a huge backlog and no interest in getting a new system right now, but I really really like that controller and doubt I'll be able to get it later down the road.

I have a huge backlog and no interest in getting a new system right now, but I really really like that controller and doubt I'll be able to get it later down the road.
Interesting that the controller has a special design but the console itself doesn't. Too bad they aren't making it available separately.. with $299 being the new MSRP for a Wii U Deluxe I'd consider picking up a Zelda gamepad now and then waiting for a BF deal on the console itself.

I will need to stop in GameStop after work today and get my reserve switched to the Ganondorf version. Hopefully it is in the system by then.
Might have to pre order online, local stores sold out the day after this was announced. Seriously. I went to my local Gamestop a few days after announcement to switch my pre order from their website to in-store, just to help out the local employee there get a pre order, and he said keep your pre order online, cause we're sold out already.

Wouldn't make sense to offer just the controller. Kind of like how they are not offering extra gamepads at all right now. They don't want people confused about the amount of gamepads per console. I could see it now.

Yeah the console not having a design on it is the only thing refraining me from buying this. That and that I wouldn't play the Wii U at all.
You don't like Nintendo games? I guess to each their own. Personally though, I play my Wii U so much all my other systems collect dust. I pre ordered a PS4 and Xbox One also, but there are so many must-have Wii U games I'm afraid they might start collecting dust before I ever unwrap them lol (jk, of course I'll be playing the new consoles also).

I liked NSMBU alot, but Pikmin 3 is when the Wii U really came into its own I think. And with New Super Luigi U, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Zelda Windwaker, Sonic Lost World, Batman Arkham Origins, Assassin's Creed 4, Watch Dogs, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario 3D World, Call of Duty Ghosts and Deus Ex Human Revolution all coming out in a 3 month window, I couldn't be more thrilled about owning a Wii U! I definitely feel like Nintendo has upped their game from last gen. The quality and depth of the games are certainly much improved. I honestly feel the Wii U is Nintendo's best console they've ever made- it's so much funner than I expected it to be.

I guess my post was deleted, but yeah, there are basically 15 exclusives out before this Christmas, with Bayonetta 2, SSB, Mario Kart 8, and Project X just over the horizon.  I feel like every generation is best suited with a Nintendo console and at least one other platform.

Might have to pre order online, local stores sold out the day after this was announced. Seriously. I went to my local Gamestop a few days after announcement to switch my pre order from their website to in-store, just to help out the local employee there get a pre order, and he said keep your pre order online, cause we're sold out already.
I posted what you quoted the day it was announced, lol. I'm good, I preordered that day.

i don't suppose someone in fort worth,TX wants to sell me one of their preorders for the ganon windwaker thing ;) LOL yeah right, probably have to pay an arm and a leg to get that now oh well 

hmm it's ultimately the special decal on the WiiU Gamepad that's tempting me.
but hmm I guess it's not worth $300 (I thought it was $200 -lol!-)

already have the physical Hyrule Historia..
hmm oh well. guess I'll just get the WindWaker game separately

do you think gamestop may restock the ganondorf figure bundle? maybe from cancelled orders? i don't live in the us so i have to order it online :(, that was going to be my graduation gift from my gf :(

Is that not counting the Virtual Boy, THE 64DD and the CD-i
keyword home console bud. 64dd was an add on that wasnt released outside of japan & who told you the CD-i was made by nintendo? i never played a virtual boy so i cant comment. my opinion is based off of the nintendo home console ive played. NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii & Wii U

Sorry, 2 buzy pounding my meatsicle.

Not the easiest thing to read when your sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar waiver so violently, but now I see that cute little U at the end of your last sentence. Have a nice day, schmoopy!

Sorry, 2 buzy pounding my meatsicle.

Not the easiest thing to read when your sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar waiver so violently, but now I see that cute little U at the end of your last sentence. Have a nice day, schmoopy!
smh... gamefaqs must love you. on the ignore list you go.

Lol, haven't ever use gamefaqs in my life. I just have a low tolerance for those who jump to being an asshole right away. But since I'm on your ignore list, now I can't ever tell you how I really feel :(

Anyways, this can't some soon enough for me. I'm ready to dive into the Wii U head-first. I think this will pick up some steam just like the 3DS did. Will this be the most popular console this generation? Doubtful. That doesn't mean it will be a failure either. Lots of first-party titles that I will be scooping up. Third-party? Don't really give a shit; there's one third-party title I've played almost exclusively for six years, and that's Call of Duty. Not a big loss to me.

I was on vacation last week, and, missed the Special Edition with the statue.  :cry:

Ugh....my only hope is to watch around release and hope I can get in on a canceled order copy.

keyword home console bud. 64dd was an add on that wasnt released outside of japan & who told you the CD-i was made by nintendo? i never played a virtual boy so i cant comment. my opinion is based off of the nintendo home console ive played. NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii & Wii U
I was just asking if those counted. I always thought CD-I got approval from Nintendo to be made or did the CD-i just get game licenses from Nintendo.

oh i understand. thats why i stated i based my opinion off the home consoles i personally played. i believe panasonic made the cdi. if i remember correctly nintendo was going to back the console, but backed out due to not liking the hardware, but panasonic had the right to make a certain number of nintendo ip's for the system from the original contract. they were all panned. lol!

do you think gamestop may restock the ganondorf figure bundle? maybe from cancelled orders? i don't live in the us so i have to order it online :(, that was going to be my graduation gift from my gf :(
There are always some a few cancelled orders that will show up online, but they are going to sell out instantly as resellers are going to be camping the site to snatch up any that come available. On October 4th, se the instore availability option to see what local stores have any unclaimed and either do an instore pickup or call and tell them to hold it for you.

Well, I may regret this later, but I bit on this offer.

Between the rerelease of Wind Waker with reduced sailing times, a few games coming out that I'm interested in, Rayman Legends, and the ability to play games on the gamepad screen while I'm watching over my soon to be born daughter, I just couldn't resist.

The Zelda stencil job on the controller is a nice bonus on top.

Decided to order from Newegg.  Hoping that they will come through with the preorder this time.

Well, I may regret this later, but I bit on this offer.

Between the rerelease of Wind Waker with reduced sailing times, a few games coming out that I'm interested in, Rayman Legends, and the ability to play games on the gamepad screen while I'm watching over my soon to be born daughter, I just couldn't resist.

The Zelda stencil job on the controller is a nice bonus on top.

Decided to order from Newegg.  Hoping that they will come through with the preorder this time.
you are going to end up regretting it, and be disappointed by ordering from newegg of all places.

I was just asking if those counted. I always thought CD-I got approval from Nintendo to be made or did the CD-i just get game licenses from Nintendo.
Long story short... Phillips and Nintendo were going to partner up to release a cd based add-on for the snes, Sony caused an uproar because they were already partnered with Nintendo and felt betrayed (birth of playstation). In the end the add-on was canned and Phillips still had the rights to produce a few crappy games with a Nintendo license. If memory serves me correct I got most of that correct.

Pre ordered on Newegg. Thanks!

I kind of got this for free. I bought a phone with my virgin mobile cash balance and then sold the phone for 307 after fees.

bread's done
Back