The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U Limited Edition Bundle - Pre-Order

I'm not sure if this is common Knowledge but if you just have the HDMI in the back of Wii U system it doesn't need to hooked up to a TV. You can just play Wii U games off the gamepad

Apologies if this has been answered already, but can someone with the WW system confirm that it qualifies for the Deluxe Digital Promotion? (10% of purchases back in points earned for discounts).  The Nintendo site suggests its just the Nintendoland package, but it seems as though people are able to get the promotion to work for the WW package as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies if this has been answered already, but can someone with the WW system confirm that it qualifies for the Deluxe Digital Promotion? (10% of purchases back in points earned for discounts). The Nintendo site suggests its just the Nintendoland package, but it seems as though people are able to get the promotion to work for the WW package as well.
It's on the front of the box

I'm not sure if this is common Knowledge but if you just have the HDMI in the back of Wii U system it doesn't need to hooked up to a TV. You can just play Wii U games off the gamepad
One of the reasons the :wiiu: rocks. First they brought asynchronous gaming and then awesomeness gaming.

Apologies if this has been answered already, but can someone with the WW system confirm that it qualifies for the Deluxe Digital Promotion? (10% of purchases back in points earned for discounts). The Nintendo site suggests its just the Nintendoland package, but it seems as though people are able to get the promotion to work for the WW package as well.
Yeah the WW system works. Promo runs till December 2014. The WW bundled game itself does not gives any rewards, just the console.

I think It's awesome that Nintendo is giving 10% cash back till essentially December 2014 If I'm understanding this right. Sadly with a lack of an account system I'm somewhat hard pressed to download anything digitally. On the Wii I only got Contra and Castlevania Rebirth since they never came out for any other system.

I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm getting ready to sell my Vita (white one from the AC bundle) as well as my 16 gb card and a handful of games (P4G, Muramasa, Soul Sacrifice, VLR).

I really, really want a WiiU. Old Wii broke so I can't replay Okami, RE 4, Xenoblade, etc.

Do I put the funds toward the WiiU? Or the $600 camera my wife wants....

Also the download code for wind waker would also be eligible for this nintendo promotion right?

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/index.do

So were getting 5 bucks in points :)
It says deluxe promo on the box but im not able to get $5 on my account.

Says:

"Information about getting codes for Nintendo eShop Credit

As of 09/20/2013(PST). Information will be displayed within 24 hours after downloading at the Nintendo eShop.

You have no newly earned codes for eShop credit at this time."

Maybe I chk tomo

I'm in a bit of a bind. I'm getting ready to sell my Vita (white one from the AC bundle) as well as my 16 gb card and a handful of games (P4G, Muramasa, Soul Sacrifice, VLR).

I really, really want a WiiU. Old Wii broke so I can't replay Okami, RE 4, Xenoblade, etc.

Do I put the funds toward the WiiU? Or the $600 camera my wife wants....
Guess that depends on how badly you want to stay married. I would go with the WiiU myself. :D

It says deluxe promo on the box but im not able to get $5 on my account.

Says:

"Information about getting codes for Nintendo eShop Credit

As of 09/20/2013(PST). Information will be displayed within 24 hours after downloading at the Nintendo eShop.

You have no newly earned codes for eShop credit at this time."

Maybe I chk tomo
you'll get 499 points, 1 point from getting the $5 eshop credit.

yes it qualifies

I'm so glad I checked this thread again. I didn't know about the digital download promotion and I just checked my account and I have the 499 points for downloading LoZWW. Thanks guys!

Saw multiples of these at Target and BB, I seriously doubt its going to be rare/limited. This is Nintendo's only way to compete with the next gen consoles hitting in November, I don't see why they would be foolish enough to limit them.

I stopped at the BB in Maple Grove, MN yesterday and they had a ton of Wii U accessories on clearance. Got this awesome kit that came with a case, silicone sleeve, two styli, and mini screen cleaner for $5. Had tons of various accessories on clearance though. Definitely worth looking into for some of us new Wii U owners out there.

I stopped at the BB in Maple Grove, MN yesterday and they had a ton of Wii U accessories on clearance. Got this awesome kit that came with a case, silicone sleeve, two styli, and mini screen cleaner for $5. Had tons of various accessories on clearance though. Definitely worth looking into for some of us new Wii U owners out there.
Picked up a white pro controller for $25 on clearance at bby also.

*slowly struts up with spurs tinkling; spins revolver, spits tobacco*

This here's MAH TURRITURRY; best be steppin' off nah.

In all seriousness, I got that same kit from that location a while back. Everything's great but the silicone sleeve covers up the charging port on the bottom so it's not compatible with the charge stand. I'm debating heading out there tonight to grab some Nerf armor. DO NOT TAKE THE PINK ONE

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol! There was a few of them left last night! I think there were like three pink and two orange nerf kits? Debated for a while whether or not to get one

I actually didn't like the silicone case, but I had bought the clear Rocketfish casing anyway. Fits into the kit, but it's a tight squeeze.

I'm completely stuck on the Nerf kits.  On the one hand, I've wanted one since launch and it would give me piece-of-mind when my kids play.  On the other hand it's not compatible with my Nyko Uboost, which means I'd have to cut out part of the Nerf armor for both to fit.  I'm also stuck on the color: pink is my favorite single color, but orange+black is my favorite color combination.  ugh

Lucky bastards with their fancy-shmancy Zelda Game Pad + clear case...

Stopped by my local Target to see if they had the WW bundle. They were all out. But my wife's Red Card takes a cool $15 off, so I'll keep my eyes open.

I went to the closest best buy i have and they have not sold a single one as of yet. They were so stupid it took 3 reps for them to even know what i was talking about and would not want to tell me how many they have in stock. Their response was "why dont you just buy 1. Its only 300 dollars today!" As usual best buy customer service stays horrible. 

I apologize for not being informed about the Deluxe Digital Promotion. It does indeed work with the Wind Waker DL code, so yeah I am 1 point away from earning $5. Guess I'll go buy a virtual console game or somethin'.

Opinions on the best clear case for Wii U gamepad?

IF i decide to open this i wan't a good clear case to protect the controller. You know one that won't rub/scratch the controller. 

If I really want to protect the gamepad, I would use something like a skinmoni protective skin and then on top of it a nerf armor.  remove nerf armor when you want to show it off.

I'm going to get about $124 in BB credit tomorrow which will bring my total to about $150 in credit so I'm way tempted to buy this even though I really don't need another system.  What an idiot.

I talked to a Nintendo representative yesterday at the Target I work for and she said this bundle is going to be available until right after Christmas. It's a good deal due to the fact you get a game included which retails at around $59 but if she is right, it probably won't be something that will gain much value over the years due to it being not that "limited". It's really nothing more than a 32GB Wii U with a couple of designs on the gamepad. This guy should have waited instead of preordering on ebay for $479

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Windwaker-HD-Wii-U-Limited-Edition-Bundle-PREORDER-RARE-/281170625097?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4177134249

I talked to a Nintendo representative yesterday at the Target I work for and she said this bundle is going to be available until right after Christmas. It's a good deal due to the fact you get a game included which retails at around $59 but if she is right, it probably won't be something that will gain much value over the years due to it being not that "limited". It's really nothing more than a 32GB Wii U with a couple of designs on the gamepad. This guy should have waited instead of preordering on ebay for $479

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Legend-Of-Zelda-Windwaker-HD-Wii-U-Limited-Edition-Bundle-PREORDER-RARE-/281170625097?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4177134249
You have to remember that not everyone is in the US and buy it from a store.

I talked to a Nintendo representative yesterday at the Target I work for and she said this bundle is going to be available until right after Christmas. It's a good deal due to the fact you get a game included which retails at around $59 but if she is right, it probably won't be something that will gain much value over the years due to it being not that "limited". It's really nothing more than a 32GB Wii U with a couple of designs on the gamepad. This guy should have waited instead of preordering on ebay for $479

So - was the lady at Gamestop lying to me today when she was pitching the Zelda bundle and claimed that once they were sold out that was it?

It doesn't seem unusual for Nintendo to mass-produce even their "Limited editions" (Ahem, Mario All-Stars), but historically I can't think of a "Zelda" system that they have ever mass-produced or even done a second run on despite their sky-rocketing value on the resale market.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm a little surprised. Anybody else verify that these Zelda systems are going to be super-common through Christmas?

You have to remember that not everyone is in the US and buy it from a store.
But if you look on ebay, a lot of people are buying this for over retail price although you're right about everyone not being able to get these who live outside the US, but these bundles are not uncommon and are not flying off shelves. The Target I work for stocked 3 and I'm the only one who bought one so far although I might return it as it might not be limited and no use of adding it to my collection. I have 60 days, so I will see.

So - was the lady at Gamestop lying to me today when she was pitching the Zelda bundle and claimed that once they were sold out that was it?

It doesn't seem unusual for Nintendo to mass-produce even their "Limited editions" (Ahem, Mario All-Stars), but historically I can't think of a "Zelda" system that they have ever mass-produced or even done a second run on despite their sky-rocketing value on the resale market.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'm a little surprised. Anybody else verify that these Zelda systems are going to be super-common through Christmas?

my gamestop had sold out and then got a second shipment. They probably sold out but got a few more in

When i go to work next (BB) i will see if we are getting anymore in. Also if i see the nintendo rep (who is usually clueless) knows anything.

But if you look on ebay, a lot of people are buying this for over retail price although you're right about everyone not being able to get these who live outside the US, but these bundles are not uncommon and are not flying off shelves. The Target I work for stocked 3 and I'm the only one who bought one so far although I might return it as it might not be limited and no use of adding it to my collection. I have 60 days, so I will see.
same here! If the Zelda bundle still around black friday i'll return mine bundle for better deal possible extra free game ;)

bread's done
Back