The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine yesterday. 184 and 185, both in perfect shape :)

EDIT: I ordered on 4/22, so don't freak out if it doesn't come right away

Does anyone know how to check the order status via order #? I paid with paypal, so it didn't give me an account on the store.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got my stuff

OFJ6g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice, I ordered the exact same as you and my signature number was 391. I found that kind of odd though seeing as I placed my order right when they first posted these so I thought I'd get a lower number. Oh well, can't be annoyed when the litho looks this awesome :D

[quote name='dabamus']Does anyone know how to check the order status via order #? I paid with paypal, so it didn't give me an account on the store.[/QUOTE]

Exactly why I asked haha I emailed them, said they would send you an email notice. Thanks for everyones input hopefully get it in a weekish

Cheers :mrgreen:

My figures shipped today after I payed for them back in 9/10/10. Hopefully I still get my mini lithographs in that they told me I would get cause I had to wait for so long. Oh and my Tshirt too :D

[quote name='Pookymeister']Got my stuff

OFJ6g.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did you get those frames from Michaels? They look exactly like the ones I bought from there.

[quote name='Vap']Did you get those frames from Michaels? They look exactly like the ones I bought from there.[/QUOTE]

Yup - obviously never buy anything without it being at least 50% off, but pretty good deals on decent frames.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yup - obviously never buy anything without it being at least 50% off, but pretty good deals on decent frames.[/QUOTE]

Yes! Aaron Brothers has 40% off one item printable coupons on their website. Perfect for a nice frame that doesnt happen to be on sale at the time.

[quote name='elessar123']Got mine yesterday, #278... I think. The top left corner is bent twice. I can see why though.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'm dense - but why were they bent?

[quote name='blitztwn36']Maybe I'm dense - but why were they bent?[/QUOTE]

Guess it's only obvious to me because I tried to pack it back for storage.

It's a fault of their packaging. They put the lithograph in a bag that's larger than the lithograph. Nothing wrong there. Then they sandwich the lithograph with 2 pieces of cardboard, which are slightly larger than the lithograph, but an inch or so smaller than the bag.

This means the lithograph and bag and both slide around, causing the corner to slide past the size of the cardboard sandwich. When it does, it's no longer protected by the cardboard sandwich, but is still confined by the larger cardboard portfolio that houses all of it. This, combined with shipping, would crush the corner enough to make a crease on 100# paper.

They could maybe help avoid it by folding the loose part of the bag over on itself, then taping it there. And it might also help if they taped the bag to one half of the cardboard sandwich. Hope that's a decent explanation.

[quote name='confoosious']they could avoid it by using a larger cardboard sandwich.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the other alternative. But it'd be harder, because then they'd need a bigger outer container as well.

[quote name='elessar123']Yep, that's the other alternative. But it'd be harder, because then they'd need a bigger outer container as well.[/QUOTE]

Harder, or because it costs more.....

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yup - obviously never buy anything without it being at least 50% off, but pretty good deals on decent frames.[/QUOTE]

Nice! That's when I got mine too. I love how they always have 40%-50% off some type of frames.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Harder, or because it costs more.....[/QUOTE]
so let me get this straight, it sounds to me that your complaining about them trying to keep costs down on a site that's all about good deals and buying games at the lowest cost possible...seems a little ironic if u ask me.

[quote name='confoosious']i'd pay more for shipping if it meant no creased corners.[/QUOTE]

There's really only an initial cost for them to replace their existing stock of packaging material, and procuring different ones. I can't imagine adding a little more cardboard would add even $1 extra to materials and shipping. The problem is, does Treehouse know, or care? It sells out anyways.

my replacement is on the way. at least it was a painless process to get a new one. hopefully you guys have a better experience cause my original one was jacked up

[quote name='dabamus']Has anyone who ordered last Friday gotten shipping confirmation yet?[/QUOTE]
still pending fulfillment for me

[quote name='shadowknight203']so let me get this straight, it sounds to me that your complaining about them trying to keep costs down on a site that's all about good deals and buying games at the lowest cost possible...seems a little ironic if u ask me.[/QUOTE]

Ironic? Yes, but this is a collectible in low supply. Paying $40 for a piece of video game art is hardly buying things at the lowest possible cost....

[quote name='elessar123']There's really only an initial cost for them to replace their existing stock of packaging material, and procuring different ones. I can't imagine adding a little more cardboard would add even $1 extra to materials and shipping. The problem is, does Treehouse know, or care? It sells out anyways.[/QUOTE]

They are reserving anywhere from 5-10% of the lithographs for replacement. Do they know? Yes! They probably just don't care. If they doubled on the cardboard and made it larger, most of them will be fine. It is usually the edges and corners that get damaged.

[quote name='shakex']
2rgyphj.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just the image, but I find the dark blue border taking center stage and causing the lithograph to lose focus. Other than that, it's beautiful. I might actually frame mine now.

[quote name='elessar123']Maybe it's just the image, but I find the dark blue border taking center stage and causing the lithograph to lose focus. Other than that, it's beautiful. I might actually frame mine now.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Especially considering 75% of the litho is blue lol.

I actually like the blue border, I thought it complimented the skies well. A white border, would have looked like an extension of the litho's borders, and been "too white". If anything, a slightly lighter blue would probably work out good, but it's fine the way it is.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I actually like the blue border, I thought it complimented the skies well. A white border, would have looked like an extension of the litho's borders, and been "too white". If anything, a slightly lighter blue would probably work out good, but it's fine the way it is.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the compliment. I posted this on the Treehouse Facebook page and they thought it was awesome. You are correct. I choose the blue mat to match the blue skies.

Humoring myself here. Just playing around with other mat colors.

7b9c78e8.jpg

5bdbeaf1.jpg

ad882614.jpg

194bcdc1.jpg

329b863e.jpg

Not saying blue doesn't work, but I personally prefer the purple.

[quote name='elessar123']There's really only an initial cost for them to replace their existing stock of packaging material, and procuring different ones. I can't imagine adding a little more cardboard would add even $1 extra to materials and shipping. The problem is, does Treehouse know, or care? It sells out anyways.[/QUOTE]

They know. You should have seen the way the first Lithos ever were shipped out. It was 2 pieces of cardboard and 2 pieces of styrofoam holding every thing together. I had 4 lithos bent in half in my first order -_-. Not to mention the 4 completely destroyed corners on each one. And my destroyed, I mean the corners were no longer corners. The packaging was no longer a square, but a weirdly shaped hexagon.

At least now, they are shipping it in a box type thing. Mine came almost perfect. It just seems like someone grabbed it incorrectly when taking it out of the stack of lithos, which resulted in a creased edge, but it's barely noticeable. It's just me being picky. After months of collecting comics and you start to notice every little crease on pieces of paper -___-.

The photoshop job was pretty cool! Framing things is totally an art in itself, picking the right frame and mat color, size, etc. But personally, for some reason,I think these ME lithos look best without mats...

[quote name='convergecrew']The photoshop job was pretty cool! Framing things is totally an art in itself, picking the right frame and mat color, size, etc. But personally, for some reason,I think these ME lithos look best without mats...[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I especially dislike double mats.

My Cerberus

021-2.jpg

I actually really dislike the text and logo at the bottom. It makes it look like a cheap poster rather than a lithograph. I just want the art on its own. I'll be using a matte to cover the text.

[quote name='SniperREX']Ditto, I especially dislike double mats.

My Cerberus

021-2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looking sharp! I'm getting my frame later today from michaels.

Sorry for double post I'm on mobile and that edit pencil is not shwoing up.. But the dead space ishimura lithograph that was oos in january is on stock at $24 as opposed to $40. Only 30 leftt

[quote name='giantqtipz']Sorry for double post I'm on mobile and that edit pencil is not shwoing up.. But the dead space ishimura lithograph that was oos in january is on stock at $24 as opposed to $40. Only 30 leftt[/QUOTE]

Oh. Nice. I just grabbed one. Thanks for the alert!

[quote name='rapsodist']I actually really dislike the text and logo at the bottom. It makes it look like a cheap poster rather than a lithograph. I just want the art on its own. I'll be using a matte to cover the text.[/QUOTE]

I agree on that. I'd prefer the art to be bigger and just be signed over the picture by the author, just like a painting.

[quote name='rapsodist']I actually really dislike the text and logo at the bottom. It makes it look like a cheap poster rather than a lithograph. I just want the art on its own. I'll be using a matte to cover the text.[/QUOTE]

If you dont mind, could you upload a photo when you get yours done? Would love to see what it looks like with a mat covering all the white.

bread's done
Back