The Little Mac Award - Best Independent Online Game Retailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Polls are now open for the Best Independent Online Game Retailer for 2004.

Nominees:

eStarland.com
Gameliquidation.com
Gexpress.com
Play-Asia.com
VideoGameDeals.com
Wherehouse.com

TROPHY.GIF

Thanks for the trophy, punqsux!

... do we really have another choice? :lol:

I think this category is going to be a landslide win by default. I've certainly got no problem with that.

oh yeah, and vgd as well, but really I just remember defender for frontpaging non deals/abusing his position as a mod to shill his site while cheapyd was gone

however, he did hook me up on a $13 xbl headset, and one or 2 other deals iirc

[quote name='dracula']oh yeah, and vgd as well, but really I just remember defender for frontpaging non deals/abusing his position as a mod to shill his site while cheapyd was gone

however, he did hook me up on a $13 xbl headset, and one or 2 other deals iirc[/quote]

Plus he gave Adaminplaidum his "special" custom rank for making a ridiculous "yay I'm not a noob nemore" topic

[quote name='dracula']oh yeah, and vgd as well, but really I just remember defender for frontpaging non deals/abusing his position as a mod to shill his site while cheapyd was gone

however, he did hook me up on a $13 xbl headset, and one or 2 other deals iirc[/quote]

the fact that you did not call him Mr. Defender weakens your argument

and gameliquidation.com was also good. very friendly service

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='dracula']oh yeah, and vgd as well, but really I just remember defender for frontpaging non deals/abusing his position as a mod to shill his site while cheapyd was gone

the fact that you did not call him Mr. Defender weakens your argument
[/quote]

the fact remains he frontpaged that he was selling ps2 memory cards for $17.99 shipped(at the time best buy was selling the same memory cards for $15 AC), and the best buy deal was not on the frontpage, but his "deal" was.

You do the math casey. I will admit I feel kind of bad about one thing: I made fun of him for getting so many memory cards and said he would be out of business within the year. In hindsight, while that was prophetic, it is not a very nice thing to say :whistle2:( Well, he moved to vegas to get into the smut business, right? a happy ending, of sorts?

he wont get the nod for worst online retailer, but all of the rest of those sites I mentioned are all light years ahead of videogamedeals.com

If I had to pick one i would say www.gamedude.com since that site kicks ass

Gameliquidation.com for some damn good prices on NGPC games. They helped me increase my library to a large degree.

I think estarland.com is a good site. It has a nice selection on preowned and new games and tends to have fair prices and one thing I like best of all os the tell you whether the preowned game is complete and varies it's price based on that condition.

Some good nominees...I was half-joking when I wanted some award..heck...who doesn't want an award.

Anyways...I think toysnjoys, play-asia, and gameliquidation should all be nominated as well.

I deal with GLQD all the time and they are good people. Play-Asia seems to have done a lot this past year and toysnjoys has a nice site with some great deals on hard to get stuff. I personally view all 3 of those sites when trying to either find something or compare against competition. They are all reputable and great places to buy at.

Dracula: Love the hate bro...keep it up..it's good for you. It's also insulting that you compare that poor frontpage site gamedude. It's so 1999 that it's sad. No really...take a look.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.gamedude.com

[quote name='defender']Some good nominees...I was half-joking when I wanted some award..heck...who doesn't want an award.[/quote]

i agree, we should have a best cag pirate award ^^

I'm surprised nobody has nominated gexpress.com yet. They have good prices and great selection. I've ordered from there many times and never had a problem.

Out of thosem i've only ordered from VGD and Play-Asia. Play-Asia was great (imported SP), but VGD beats/ed them on price as well as shipping. VGD +1

Wherehouse isn't independent, they're owned by TWEC (of FYE, Strawberries, Cocoanuts, Spec's, Planet Music, etc).

eStarland is a small regional chain, so they could be independent compared to EB, but its not just a mom and pop.

Play-asia had some sweet deals on handheld stuff... I didn't buy anything from them or any of the other independent retailers though.

Play-Asia. Fantastic import selection, great service, and all sorts of cool stuff that you can't find elsewhere (well...you can, but you know what I mean).

[quote name='Eclipse']definitely wherehouse...anyone remember that $2 blowout sale for n64 and dc a couple of months back?[/quote]
Wherehouse is NOT INDEPENDENT! Thats like saying FYE is independent, because they're owned by the same company. TWEC owns FYE, Strawberries, Cocoanuts, and Wherehouse.

I'd have to go with VGD, for the $12 1 year XBL kit I got.

Honestly, Video Game Liquidation gets my vote. ordered lots of stuff from them. I can't comment on VGDeals, so, VGL gets my vote naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back