The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very enjoyable show tonight. Loved the Sin Cara tag and the main event, which was PPV-quality. Christian's complete heel turn was fantastic too. He came out as a face, turned against the fans in the ring, cowered against Orton in the back, and then cost him the win in the main event. Solid storytelling that built up their world title match pretty well. Cody demanding that his bagger bag himself and then the dude did it was pretty amusing, and I hope they go somewhere with Danielson and Sin Cara as a team instead of just putting them on a treadmill. Having the remnants of the original Nexus breakup in a backstage deal that was never mentioned after it happened sucked. God, a year ago, that group was the shit, and now, they're just...dudes. Hopefully this breakup is a good thing though - Wade really needed to be his own man on SD, while Slater and Gabriel are fine as just a very good tag team.

Screens -

Seriously?

Quotes -
(regarding Christian’s attack on Orton)Josh - THE SPECULATION HAS BEEN A TRENDING TOPIC ALL WEEK!
Christian - Ya know, I have to be honest - I was curious to see what kind of reaction I got when I came out here tonight…(boos) If you cheered, then that means you’ve got it! That means you understood that I was screwed out of the world title just 5 days after winning it. You understand that I was screwed out of a number 1 contender’s spot 2 weeks ago. YOU REALLY GOT IT. You know that I was justified doing what I did to Orton in the middle of this ring here on SD. (boos) But as I look around, I’m convinced that some of you, most, and maybe all of you don’t quite get it! Which I why I’m through with all of you! WHY I’M THROUGH WITH ALL OF MY SO-CALLED PEEPS! I don’t wanna talk to you anymore! YOU, YOU, AND I’M NOT SURE IF I WANNA TALK TO ANY OF YOU EVER AGAIN! (You suck chant breaks out) But there is one person I will talk to tonight - and that person is sitting over here. MICHAEL COLE, PLEASE COME IN THE RING!
Booker - Josh, YOU KNOW SUMTHIN?!
Christian - Michael, I just want one more match for the world title. I’ve earned it. I feel like I deserve just one more match! There’s a lot of things I gotta get off my chest. I don’t understand that the same people cheered me the past few years, the peeps that cheered so loudly when I finally won the title. The same people who blew up twitter when I lost the world titel after just five days are seemingly the same people who are mad that I smashed Orton with the world title last week on SD. There’s a lot of things I don’t understand, Michael. I don’t know what kind of show Teddy’s trying to run - asking the audience for their opinion. Say Bob in accounting wants a promotion - do you think his boss bases that on merit, or do you think his boss asks clueless people on the street? THAT’S WHAT TEDDY IS DOING. THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO RIGHT TO CONTROL MY LIFE! THEY HAD NO RIGHT RUINING SOMETHING I WORKED SO HARD FOR FOR 17 YEARS. IT’S DISRESPECTFUL, MICHAEL. I’VE NEVER BEEN SO DISRESEPECTED IN ALL MY LIFE. Especially by one person - Randy Orton. Ya know, if he was any kind of man, he never would’ve accepted the title match knowing I’d just competed in a ladder match just five days previous. Ya know, Michael, I need you to help me out - do me a solid. Since I’m not talking tot hem, ask these people a question for me. Ask them if they think that Christian deserves to be the world champion!?
Cole - CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE!? Christian would like to know if YOU PEOPLE believe that he deserves to be world champion? (boos)
Christian - Just what I expected - COMPLETELY CLUELESS.C RISTIAN WILL BE THE WORLD CHAMPION AGAIN! AND WHEN I DO IT, I’LL DO IT FOR MYSELF BECAUSE I WON’T BE SHARING IT WITH ANY OF THEM. Good talk, Michael, good talk. Thank you.
Josh - CHRISTIAN HAS DONE A 180 ON THE WWE UNIVERSE!
Booker - Winning the world title could be the thing that winds up ruining his career.
Josh - The only difference is the Usos is that Jey has a tattoo on his chest.
Booker - THEY’RE IDENTICAL TWINS!
Cole - They’re not really identical…Jey has the tattoo…
Booker - WELL, I WORKED WITH ‘EM FOR SIX MONTHS AND I COULDN’T TELL ‘EM APART!
Cole - There’s a really international flavor to this match, including Heath Slater, who is from West Virginia.
Josh - Booker, you spent about 6 months with the Usos, didn’t you?
Booker - Yeah…
Cole - HE ALREADY SAID THAT!
Booker - Not like that…
(after a low bridge)Slater - DAT’S HOW YA GET DA JAWB DONE BAYBEE!
(regarding Zeke)Booker - PUT A ROCKET ON HIM AND SEND HIM STRAIGHT TO THA MOON!
Cole - Haha, he’s scary…
Teddy - Papa’s Moustache has 3-to-1, playa! (Sheamus walks in) Yes honey, once I land, I’ll get milk and a loaf of bread.
Sheamus - THIS IS YER FAULT, TEDDY. CHRISTIAN COST ME THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP! I’M NOT ASKING YA, I’M TELLING YA - I WANT A MATCH WITH CHRISTIAN TONIGHT!
Teddy - I’m gonna put you with someone else who’s about to explode - RANDY ORTON! NO DQ!
Barrett - What I did helps us.
Gabriel - NO, IT HELPS YOU!
Slater - YEAH!
Barrett - You would’ve been nothing without us.
Gabriel - THE CORRE IS DONE!
Josh - We were all impressed by the power of Jinder Mahal last week, AND SPEAKING OF POWER, THE WWE LIVE TOUR IS POWERED BY K-MART!
Booker - JINDER AND KHALI COME FROM MONEY, AND WHEN YA GOT MONEY, YA GOT POWA!
Guy - AJ, how is it to be in WWE.
AJ - Hey, Laycool called - they want their gimmick back.
Josh - A lot of guys like girls like AJ - who like video games and action movies.
Cole - You guys can go to her place, drink some wine, and play tennis with that Wii controller.
Josh - WHAT DO YOU THINK I DO ALL WEEK!?
Cole - Natalya’s 0-2 as a head coach, so it hasn’t been going too well. Fortunately for all of us, she should be fired soon.
Josh - Natalya had them play paintball for team building.
Cole - What’ll they do next week? Go on a picnic.
Orton - So Christian, I hear that you were out here earlier running your mouth before I arrived! So what I would like is for you to come down here and say what it is you have to say to my face!
Christian - Randy, you want me to come out? ASK THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!? PLAYAS, WHO WANTS TO SEE CHRISTIAN CONFRONT ORTON!? HOLLA HOLLA HOLLA! Forget it - I know you want to do more than talk.
Orton - YOU’RE RIGHT - I WANT YOU TO DEAL WITH THIS FACE TO FACE. BEATING THE HELL OUT OF YOU WILL ONLY BE AN ADDED BONUS!
Christian - ONE MORE MATCH, RANDY! ONE MORE MATCH!
Orton - I DO NOT CAR EWHAT YOU WANT!
Christian - WELL YOU SHOULD BECAUSE BEFORE I SMASHED YOU IN THE FACE, I WOULD HAVE COUNTED YOUR SHOULDERS TO THE MAT, BUT I DIDN’T - I WANT TO BEAT YOU! I KNOW I CAN BEAT YOU! YOU SHOULD BE THANKING ME RIGHT NOW!
Orton - Five days after you became champion, I beat you. AND I’M READY TO BEAT YOU AGAIN RIGHT NOW!
Christian - LET’S GO, RIGHT NOW! I’m finished doing things on your terms, on Teddy’s terms, and on the Peep’s terms - we do things on my terms. My terms are Christian-Orton for the world title at Capitol Punishment.
Orton - YOU’RE ON, AND I WILL BEAT YOU LIKE I ALWAYS DO AND I WILL REMAIN THE WORLD CHAMPION!
Christian - See you in DC, Randy.
Cody - Given how things have gone, I hope you’ll let me call the shots.
Ted - What’s that mean?
Cody - Over the past year, you’ve been distracted by women and money.
Ted - And you got your face busted and went nuts.
Cody - BAGGER, PUT THIS BAG ON YOUR HEAD AND GET OUT OF MY FACE. I’M NUTS, TED!? I’M HIDIOUS! GOT MY FACE BUSTED UP? I CALL IT PREMATURE ENLIGHTENMENT! IT WASN’T UNTIL I LOST EVERYTHING THAT I REALIZED I COULD DO ANYTHING! I MAY BE NUTS, BUT I MAY BE A GENIUS TOO!
Cole - Cody’s trying to help his friend.
Booker - HOW THA HELL CAN CODY HELP SOMEONE IN THE STATE HE’S IN!?
Cole - Do we have the Booker Bag Cam ready!?
Booker - I’m gonna bag something…
Booker - DANIEL BRYAN GOTTA BE FEELING REAL PEPPY TONIGHT!
Cole - PEPPY!? That’s a good way to term Daniel Bryan.
Booker - HE IS PEPPY!
Cole - Ever since the accident, Cody…
Josh - I thought you said it wasn’t an accident?
Cole - I do now…in retrospect.
Cole - Cody and Ted putting on a clinic in tag team wrestling.
Booker - Sometimes, when the checks start getting lighter, you do crazy things.
Cole - Is that why you came back to action on Raw?
Booker - Naw, I still got money from the ‘90s. I got called out, and I’m a man’s man. I’M GONNA MAKE THE MAN SAY NAH NAH I DON’T WANT NONE SON!
Cole - Last week, it was crying over spilled milk, and now it’s a chip on the shoulder… Well, at least Johnny Curtis is getting noticed.
Booker - There ain’t no suckas in the ring, unless you wanna get in the ring with your singlet, Cole. Next time, you wanna wear some of my tights?
Booker - Orton’s a sleeper - he lures ya in!
Booker - CHRISTIAN CAUGHT HIM WITH THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELT!

ROH is having a good sale on some of it's DVD's. I just ordered 7 for $42 shipped.

Ring of Honor is pleased to bring you a new sale offer exclusively at ROHWrestling.com which is available THIS WEEKEND ONLY. We’re “Reeling In The Year” with live event DVD’s stating at $2 each. Read below for details:
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2002 ON SALE FOR $2 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2003 ON SALE FOR $3 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2004 ON SALE FOR $4 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2005 ON SALE FOR $5 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2006 ON SALE FOR $6 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2007 ON SALE FOR $7 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2008 ON SALE FOR $8 EACH
- IN STOCK ROH DVD’S FROM 2009 ON SALE FOR $9 EACH

www.rohstore.com

Man, the best part of these Botchamania videos is this audio footage of Tony Chimel fucking up the gravy bowl announcement never stops being hilarious. I'm having a hard time typing this reply just listening to it again, lol. THE UH GRAVY BOWL UH MATCH. lolololol

While WWE has yet to release the buy number for last month's Over the Limit pay-per-view event, sources report that the show is estimated to have garnered 65,000 buys in the United States (based on trending patterns as well as actual cable reports).

Should this number hold up, it would be WWE's least watched pay-per-view event in nearly five years. The 2006 pay-per-view event, December to Dismember, drew approximately 90,000 pay-per-view buys, with 55,000 of them domestic—the lowest buyrate in company history.

To show the accuracy of trending numbers, they would have indicated 90,000 for TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs (real number was 101,000), 260,000 for Royal Rumble (real number 264,000), 160,000 for Elimination Chamber (real number 136,000) and 630,000 for WrestleMania XXVII (real number 617,000).

WWE Over the Limit was headlined by John Cena vs. The Miz, Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler, and Randy Orton vs. Christian.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Clearly Christian and The Miz are to blame.

In theory if you replace Cena, Cole, and Orton with CM Punk, Jack Swagger and Sheamus would the buy-rate be any higher? Probably lower if there is no Cena at all.

So I guess the real question is what would the buy rate be if the Lawler-Cole match didn't exist and we saw the US Title defended instead?

If anyone cares...
It has come to light that WWE NXT Redemption contestant Lucky Cannon (real name Jonathan Emminger) was arrested earlier this year in Florida for impersonating a police officer.

Emminger, 27, was arrested on the morning of February 28, 2011 in Hillsbourgh, Florida and charged with falsely personating a law enforcement official. He was booked into the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 11:26 a.m. and subsequently released on $2,000 bail.

Emminger previously worked as a deputy sheriff for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Department in Pinellas County, Florida, which could explain how he was able portray himself as a member of police.

This information is coming out now because his mug shot was recently cataloged on Google Images, the most comprehensive image search on the web.

lucky-cannon-mugshot.jpg

[quote name='Scorch']"WWE bugs"?[/QUOTE]
Probably means how WWE slaps their stupid logo on every bit of footage they own, regardless of whether or not it's their footage or footage from one of the other multitude of defunct wrestling organizations(AWA, ECW, WCW, etc) whose footage they own the rights to.

[quote name='Habbler']In theory if you replace Cena, Cole, and Orton with CM Punk, Jack Swagger and Sheamus would the buy-rate be any higher? Probably lower if there is no Cena at all.

So I guess the real question is what would the buy rate be if the Lawler-Cole match didn't exist and we saw the US Title defended instead?[/QUOTE]

It's not the talent so much as it is the writing and the superhero babyfaces. OtL was a trash PPV; the buyrate *clearly* shows that nobody believed, for a fuckin' second, that Cena would lose an I Quit match to anyone, let alone Miz.

Shepherd's pie is good. Real good, in fact. But if you ate it every night for 2 months straight, even if you changed up the side dish on occasion, you'd get fuckin' sick of it long before 2 months. WWE has used the invincible babyface centerpiece for too many years now, especially with Cena.

Go to Smackdown. Christian's long-expected heel turn has materialized. Do I think it will turn into a long-term run with the belt, and him cementing his expertise as a reliable top-card wrestler? Not a chance. I mean, sure, there's always a chance in hell - but I've watched WWE for far too long to think that it will happen with a guy McMahon has never shown any confidence in and consistently gets cold feet with when he approaches the upper card. I'll watch SD again *when* Christian becomes a top heel with the Big Gold Belt, but I'm not dumb enough to watch it thinking it will actually happen. WWE has to convince me they've changed for the better before I return to watching them.

Same with Del Rio - dude was a white hot heel 10 weeks ago, headed into WM. Now he's feuding against Big Show in a nobody-gives-a-fuck angle. They got coy with him, and didn't pull the trigger on him when they should have. WWE fucked it up, and now they're suffering financially.

Cena has the title and is feuding with R-Truth, who has "taken the ball and run with it" according to WWE corporate mantra (like the company is really a fucking meritocracy). But versus Cena? To quote Clay Davis, "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeit." I don't buy for a second that WWE has any willingness to take the necessary risks for long-term sustainable growth in their company. That a PPV buyrate approached the level of the laughable December to Dismember PPV should scare them right into panic mode. They had WM, they had The Rock, they had The Draft, they've blown their wad. Except the wad fans have been clamoring for years for - give us new faces, new feuds, matchups that are competitive, believeable, and most important, give us a sense of anticipation for those matches.

R-Truth versus John Morrisson could go a number of ways in terms of the outcome, as neither are SuperCena. Put Truth against SuperCena, and I'm yawning because I know the finish already. Cena wins, end of story.

They can tout all the WM buys they want; Over the Limit's buyrates show that the product needs a significant overhaul. It's not just the smart marks anymore who are saying "same old shit! same old shit! same old shit!"

Earlier this year eh? I guess that's why they just took the FCW title off of Lucky Cannon and gave it to Bo Rotundo.

I want to get Tased by Matt and Jeff *JEALOUS*

On a different note. As I can't recall, does anyone remember a superstar attacking a teammate to disqualify them during a title match to keep the title? It's an odd question for sure, but it seems like something that would have gone down at some point.

I think there was a multi-team tag match once where the winning team won by pinning itself. I want to say it was the New Age Outlaws and they basically got themselves both tagged in and then one of them laid down for the other. I can't remember if it was a title match or not.

Or I dreamt that which is a far more disturbing possibility.

[quote name='Halo05']I think there was a multi-team tag match once where the winning team won by pinning itself. I want to say it was the New Age Outlaws and they basically got themselves both tagged in and then one of them laid down for the other. I can't remember if it was a title match or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it happened on RAW sometime in 98. I remember it. 4 corners tag against... some other teams.

Been trying to find it but no luck. It did indeed happen according to Wikipedia though so we're not all crazy; "Regardless of rules of tagging, you can not pin your own tag team partner, even if it is technically possible from the rules of the match (e.g. Texas Tornado rules, or a thee-way tag team match). This is called the Outlaw Rule because the first team to attempt to use that (in an attempt to unfairly retain their tag team titles) was the New Age Outlaws.".

EDIT: Match was New Age Outlaws vs LOD 2000 vs Disciples of Apocalypse. RAW 6-8-98.

Last edited by a moderator:
News from around the 'net.

Nash battery charges
TMZ reports that Kevin Nash has been cleared of a battery charge following a recent altercation with an adult male outside of a Florida restaurant.

According to the police report, Nash and his wife were leaving the restaurant when a man, who is described as being inebriated, approached Nash’s wife. The man became “aggressive” after Nash’s wife told the drunkard to go away. Nash intervened and took the man down to the ground.

Nash held the man down until police arrived, but was arrested himself on suspicion of battery, a charge that has since been dropped due to lack of evidence.

Nash told TMZ he never should have been arrested and that he’d have a good case to file a lawsuit.

“I’m a 52-year-old fake fighter,” he added. “My hands aren’t deadly weapons.”

TMZ.com reported that Kevin Nash was arrested recently in Florida for hitting a guy who was hitting on his wife at restaurant. The report says that Nash told the guy to leave and when he continued to ignore that led to Nash hitting him. Nash was arrested on suspisicion of battery but the charge was later dropped.

Kevin Nash on his Twitter added some details that were not reported by TMZ when he said

“What great journalism TMZ provides. Nothing about the guy trying to attack me w/ a beer bottle.Guy w/ tattoo’s always gets arrested.”

Michael Tarver tweets weird message regarding a Twitter name change

Michael Tarver announced this weekend on Twitter that he has changed his user handle to his real name.

“Hello everyone my name is Tyrone Evans (michael tarver) and I have changed me screen name to my real name,” he wrote. “michael tarver belongs to wwe TYRONE EVANS xB2.0x belongs to GOD and im about to ATTACK ,,,GOD HELP US ,,,,stay tuned……….”

Tarver, who has sparingly appeared on WWE programming this year, is still listed as a member of the Raw roster on the company website. He has continued to appear for Florida Championship Wrestling during his hiatus.

CM Punk slams WWE in a tweet regarding tomorrow night's Raw
CM Punk retweeted the following message on his Twitter account slamming WWE’s creative braintrust regarding tomorrow night’s Raw:

“Why does something tell me that even though @WWE will have @steveaustinBSR and @CMPunk under the same roof tomorrow, they’ll fuck it up.”

JR's got a surgery this coming up week for a hernia.. ouch. I've had that surgery though and it's not too bad, he should be up on his feet in two weeks or so, maybe less

TNA Slammiversary full results:

Beer Money beats British Invasion to retain the tag titles.
Morgan beats Steiner.
Abyss beats Kendrick and Kaz.
Crimson beats Samoa Joe. Absolutely fucking boring match.
Mickie James beats Angelina complete with a botched ending. Winter beats down Mickie afterwards.
Bully Ray beats AJ Styles. Best match so far on the PPV.
Mr. Anderson beats Sting to win the Impact World Title aka TNA World Title.
Kurt Angle beats Jeff Jarrett to become the number one contender for the World Title and regains his gold medal.

For the 9th anniversary PPV this doesn't feel any different from any other TNA PPV. Bully Ray vs AJ was really the only memorable match which to be honest could have been on any PPV. Such a letdown for the 9th anniversary show.

I recently moved down to Pensacola, Florida and in an attempt to entertain myself this weekend, I went looking for an arcade. I found a miniature golf/go-kart type place that had a few games. The highlight was a very good condition WWF The Arcade Game cabinet. I almost took Undertaker to the IC title but the machine decided to start eating tokens without giving me credits. I'll be back, maybe.

[quote name='Halo05']I recently moved down to Pensacola, Florida and in an attempt to entertain myself this weekend, I went looking for an arcade. I found a miniature golf/go-kart type place that had a few games. The highlight was a very good condition WWF The Arcade Game cabinet. I almost took Undertaker to the IC title but the machine decided to start eating tokens without giving me credits. I'll be back, maybe.[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a C-O-N-SPIRACY to me.

You should make them an offer on the machine, Halo. They might be willing to part with it.

Opener was okay. Not a fan of the new British Invasion logo or gear, but at least each guy is doing something that mind wind up being slightly important at some point. The best part of Morgan-Steiner was Brian Hebner's shoes matching the black and blue color scheme of the Impact Wrestling set, and Morgan's wife being called Mrs. Matt Morgan. X Title match was terrible. Kaz's new red and black gear looks way too similar to AJ's, and whoever decided to book this as a handicap match was a moron because it made Kaz, who is not only the "leader" of this division but also a part of presumably the top face faction in the company, look like a loser because even with a 2 on 1 edge he couldn't get the job done. And he, not Kendrick, dropped the fall. WHY HAVE KENDRICK IN THE MATCH IF IT WASN'T TO DROP THE FALL!? Crimson-Joe was terrible. The dragon screw spot was...I don't know. I think a rookie WWE diva could take one better here. Crimson just fell down, causing Joe to sort of look like he was doing the old RNR Express double leg roll spot. This went way too long compared to what Crimson can actually do. I'm glad to see them at least trying to push a new guy to the top, but Crimson, right now, isn't that guy. Angelina's new gear somehow makes her look even skinnier, and I'm glad they're at least moving the story forward where she's starting to see what Winter's doing, doesn't need to be drugged, and then will turn on her at some point in the future. The match was terrible, and made worse by the botched finish.

Bully-AJ was an AWESOME match. Very intense, physical action. Some highlight reel stuff with the springboard 450, and then they went to a crazy finishing sequence with AJ diving off the lighting rig near the side of the ramp that AJ was powerbombed off of, and did...something vaguely resembling a flying elbow off of it through the table, got up, then got kicked in the ass by Bully Ray through a wall and lost. It was certainly a new finish to a last man standing match, but kind of felt underwhelming, but it keeps this feud going, which is a good thing...so yeah. I'm kinda conflicted on this whole deal. I love that they gave each guy the Taker at WM XXVII ending, with them being helped out - it really made the match seem like a big deal. Worth going out of your way to see it, and worth buying the DVD for when TNA clears them out for $5.

Sting-Anderson was a kinda bad match overall, but I loved the opening of it with Sting coming from behind Anderson, doing the ANDERSON! bit, then beating his ass for minutes on end in a swank new red and black singlet and new Demolition-esque facepaint design. I really like that Sting does at least try to tinker with an established look and chance SOMETHING so it doesn't seem like he's just a nostalgia act coming out each week. The excitement took a nosedive the second Anderson went on offense. Sting might not be able to do a whole lot, but what he does, he at least throws himself into and tries to execute with some intensity. Anderson just does stuff. Sting really snapped off a fast DDT as well. The false finish was creative, having the ref count 1, then Bischoff count 2, then the ref count his 2, but audibly a 3, but ultimately, hurt the match because the crowd didn't know what to think so they just did nothing. Loved that as this bullshit finish happened, they showed a "happy birthday, Bryan Alvarez, LOVE TNA!" sign. In the end, Anderson WOULD have been beaten there, and only won the title due to Bischoff basically deciding he'd rather put up with Anderson's bullshit than Sting's. I liked that Jeff Jarrett got to main event the ninth year anniversary show of TNA, even if it does seem backwards to have the number 1 contender's match AFTER the world title match. This was not their best match together - better than their Double J-Double M-A one, sure, but not up to par with their awesome '09 ones. I'm looking forward to Angle-Anderson again, since Angle was able to carry Ken to easily the best match of his career at Lockdown last year, and should be able to do something similar even with another year of wear and tear on his body and another ten pounds of flab on Ken's.

Screens -

Matt Morgan married well

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Sounds like a C-O-N-SPIRACY to me.[/QUOTE]

Come on, "COINSPIRACY" was right there.

It is fucking wonderful that footage exists of Al Bundy saying "Papa Shango."

Yeah...I didn't think anyone was excited.

[quote name='Scorch']No, but I will probably watch it and bitch along with everyone else. Maybe we can do a CAG chat for it.[/QUOTE]
I'd be up for that.

You know, my decision to cancel cable may have actually been a blessing in disguise. I picked up that WCW DVD. I spent about 2 hours playing No Mercy last night. I still have title belts prominently displayed in my TV room. Hell, I decided to grab WWF The Music Volume 4 for the car ride to work this morning.

Even so, I had the sudden realization yesterday that I haven't watched Raw in over a month, and I don't miss it at all. I think I got into that habit we all do... the one where we watch every Monday, but it's never quite as fulfilling as something that takes up 2 hours of your time should be. Even the first week that I canceled cable, there was never any nagging feeling that I should be doing something on Monday, no sense of disappointment that I missed out on something. Totally underlined that, really, I was truly just watching out of habit, nothing more.

There's not a lot of point to this rant, but I really felt it sort of summed up the 'WWE problem' that's developed over the past few years. I love wrestling, I always have and always will... but I don't give one iota of a shit about Raw. That's sort of a major thing for me to say.

I'm not going to be that guy who tells you that better wrestling is out there. I'm also not going to encourage you to support any other company. I will, however, out of sheer human interest, encourage anyone here to contemplate skipping Raw for 2 or 3 weeks and then evaluate if that stirred up any feeling of regret whatsoever in you.

I don't really have an ending here. This was really the only wrestling-related thing I had at the moment, so I figured I'd toss it up here.

[quote name='007']Hell, I decided to grab WWF The Music Volume 4 for the car ride to work this morning.[/QUOTE]

Triple H's best theme ever, imo.

Congrats on the breakthrough, 007. It really is refreshing, isn't it? I haven't watched Raw for almost 3 years now and I don't miss it a bit.

[quote name='xilly']Triple H's best theme ever, imo.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, that was 100% of the reason I grabbed that CD this morning. No Mercy reminded me just how much I liked it. I agree, easily his best theme.

It's not that 'The Game' is bad, it's just that it reminds me of all those nights watching Raw in the early 2000s and just going "Oh, god, here we go again" when it hit at 9:01pm. Though, there was also always the accompanying feeling of relief when it played again at 9:25pm.

Welp, here we go with releases

WWE released Michael Tarver, Jacob Novak, Buck Dixon, Buddy Stetcher and Ethan Levin over the weekend, reports PWInsider.com.

Tarver was on the inaugural season of NXT not to mention an original member of The Nexus. After being dropped from the group in October, he was brought back for several television appearances that saw him standing in the background. He never returned to WWE in-ring action.

Jacob Novak participated in the current season of NXT, but was eliminated first for the second consecutive season.

Dixon, Stetcher and Levin were seldom featured developmental wrestlers.

That's probably a combined total savings of $800.

This begs the question: "If a sports entertainer never makes it out developmental, does his release mean anything at all?"

No.

[quote name='Scorch']You should make them an offer on the machine, Halo. They might be willing to part with it.[/QUOTE]

That and/or look on the machine for a local arcade machine vendor. I live alone now, no one can say shit if I decide to fill my living room with old arcade machines.

I might be back on Friday, we'll see what else it going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back