The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that video does it make me sad. I was a huge fan of Chris Harris when he was in TNA, and was excited when he jumped to WWE, and now....Sheesh...

I'm like the kiss of death. Whenever I like a wrestler, best believe they'll turn to shit, or never be heard from again. Samoa Joe, CM Punk, Monty Brown, Colt Cabana, Hade Vansen, and the list goes on and on.

the-rock-on-splash-mountain.jpg

[quote name='diddy310']err...don't see how Punk fits into either of those categories.[/QUOTE]
Punk, for a while was kind of just...stagnating, after his 3rd World title win, on top of that, if this angel proves to be true, he's leaving, hence, he's in that category.

BTW, for those who care, Raw chat here: http://tinychat.com/cagraw

[quote name='mykevermin']what video?[/QUOTE]

Ugamer got it. :lol:

So, I popped in the Best of Nitro dvd a while ago... and I'm so much more interested in continuing to watch this than the prospect of turning on Raw in a few minutes. Also got the Flair & The Horsemen (oh gee, wonder where that came from... lol), Randy Savage, and Greatest Superstars of the 90s DVDs, so i should be able to relive the days when I was actually hype for wrestling for a while. Also, question: is the Starrcade dvd any good? Always kinda wanted it since it's a WCW thing, but I never pulled the trigger on it.

The greatest matches of Starrcade DVD is amazing if you don't own tons of other WWE DVDs. I'm still happy to own it but take a look on Amazon to see what kind of overlap there is.

Really enjoyed that Mark Henry segment. Love his heel switch since going over to smackdown. Dude is very believable as a dominate mega heel and I would not be against a short Henry world title run.

Demo, you're going to be pissed that you're missing this. This is, by far, the best Punk promo ever. I think this is some degree of a shoot.

This is fucking amazing

Holy shit. That was the best Raw ending ever, the best Punk promo ever - the best everything ever.

He tore into Cena, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, Steph, said he hopes WWE might be better when Vince is dead, named NJPW and ROH by name, and waved to Colt Cabana. Holy. Shit.

To everyone who gave up on Raw and left the chat, CM Punk came out in a Steve Austin shirt, cost Cena the match, said Cena kisses Vince's ass just like Hulk and Dwayne, put over Paul Heyman, said Dwayne main-eventing Wrestlemania next year makes him sick, said he'll take the WWE title to New Japan or Ring of Honor, "hey, Colt Cabana," called Johnny Ace a "douchebag yes man," and says WWE should be better after Vince dies but instead it'll be taken over by his idiot daughter and doofus son-in-law.

So that's what you missed by giving up on the show when there were 5 minutes left.

Not a shoot at all, but a brilliantly produced tv segment.

I didn't want it to end. I've been working on my computer all night long, and looked up twice:
1) DDP showing up so HBK could bury WCW some more while trying to sell a product.
2) CM Punk's promo.

Cena's still going to win, and the wheel, as Punk says, will keep on turning. But that segment was outstanding. But just like Joey Styles' "shoot," just like Paul Heyman's "shoot," nothing will change and this is just a brief blip to dupe fans like us into thinking that the product will improve.

I missed Punk's run-in (like I said, I wasn't paying attention, but it was on tv). Why was he wearing a Stone Cold shirt?

[quote name='Scorch']Demo, you're going to be pissed that you're missing this. This is, by far, the best Punk promo ever. I think this is some degree of a shoot.

This is fucking amazing

Holy shit. That was the best Raw ending ever, the best Punk promo ever - the best everything ever.[/QUOTE]

It has to be. Mentioning ROH/NJPW and even giving a shot out to Colt Cabana. I also rembered listening to an interview where Punk says he was annoyed with Fans coming up to for an autograph even though he wants to be left alone. even mentioning Lesnar and Heyman has to show it was a full fledged shoot on the WWE.

I know I don't come in here that often anymore, but god damn. This is the greatest worked angle since the initial Nexus shit, and the Matt Hardy run-in.

I can honestly say that I've never appreciated Punk as much as I do until this very moment.

The internet just exploded about 4 times during that promo. That was the most fun promo I've seen since Joey Styles "walked out on his job" several years back.

It's weird...it's like they're trying way too hard to make it seem like a shoot and it almost ruins it, but then they just keep going so far that it somehow circles around again and becomes great. Let's not dumb it up by pretending it actually was some unapproved, employee gone nuts shoot though, ok? Although I guess if people didn't learn their lesson with Matt Hardy and Joey Styles, they never will.

Really nice touch at the very end where they just cut to black rather than have the usual credits and fade to WWE logo.

[quote name='mykevermin']I missed Punk's run-in (like I said, I wasn't paying attention, but it was on tv). Why was he wearing a Stone Cold shirt?[/QUOTE]
Probably to tease the people who wanted to see Punk vs. Austin.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The internet just exploded about 4 times during that promo. That was the most fun promo I've seen since Joey Styles "walked out on his job" several years back.

It's weird...it's like they're trying way too hard to make it seem like a shoot and it almost ruins it, but then they just keep going so far that it somehow circles around again and becomes great. Let's not dumb it up by pretending it actually was some unapproved, employee gone nuts shoot though, ok?

Really nice touch at the very end where they just cut to black rather than have the usual credits and fade to WWE logo.[/QUOTE]

True that....bought in to that way too hard lol. :whistle2:#

Myke - Punk and Austin like to go back and forth on twitter a lot. He also didn't mention Austin during the list of who kisses Vince's ass so I'm guessing it was a nod to Austin "taking his ball and going home"

I'm stunned that Punk's promo went that far. If this was a real shoot, then I guess Punk is done. But whenever I see things like this, I always remember the saying that everything on tv is fake.

Everyone knew it, but Punk just showed why he is truly on another level.

Problem is I still only see this as scraps thrown out by the WWE to appease fans and it won't develop into anything. Remember when the Nexus debuted around this time last year?

[quote name='mykevermin']

I missed Punk's run-in (like I said, I wasn't paying attention, but it was on tv). Why was he wearing a Stone Cold shirt?[/QUOTE]

Just more playing in to the employee who doesn't give a fuck / internet reference thing. He's always trading comments with Austin on Twitter.

it wasn't "real." come on.

but it was enjoyable as all fuck and dude was on fire.

i mean, yeah, it was a 'shoot' insomuch as I can imagine Punk *is* bothered by fans berating him for autographs at 5AM (I just started Jericho's first book and laughed out loud at his story of trying to get Dynamite Kid's autograph), that he *is* bothered by how poorly he is promoted compared to the ass-kissers in the company, that he *is* bothered by the lack of "brass rings" and "balls to run with" (to ruin the other metaphor Vince likes to use). Yeah, he's probably truly frustrated and/or simply worn out.

But don't think for a moment that Kevin Dunn didn't approve everything in that segment. There was just enough wiggle room to leave plenty of doubt. Mentioning ROH? Big deal. Bring up TNA? Then we'll talk shoot.

If it was a shoot, they wouldn't have bleeped "douche bag," because they've never bleeped any word accurately in the history of Raw.

yea a TNA reference would have really delivered a homerun,

still amazing stuff.. suprised they let him say all that.

WWE has a way of making some good shoot style angles but then it just goes to shit .. lets see what happens

[quote name='Sway']I'm in the "worked shoot" camp since he would have been cut off way earlier.[/QUOTE]

I hope there are not actual "camps." Come on. This shouldn't even be a discussion. The next time a wrestler goes out there and gives a live on-air true shoot promo for 5 minutes will be the first time.

Mick Foley's twitter: "I have no idea where this @cmpunk thing might go, but I know I'll be watching. Captivating stuff."

JR's twitter: "Most compelling, controversial end of Raw in a long time. @cmpunk edgy, attitudinal & full of rage. Don't know what to think. Wow."

[quote name='diddy310']They had Cole get up and say Punk is suspended after the show went off the air.[/QUOTE]

Now I don't know what to believe! :whee:

According to fans in attendance at tonight’s RAW in Las Vegas, after tonight’s show went off the air Michael Cole announced that WWE has suspended CM Punk indefinitely.

Indefinitely?! He's got 3 weeks left! wtf?

But his contract DOES expire in September.. hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back