The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Jeff Hardy entrance works at presenting him as a face. They need to kill anything associated with how he looked last time he appeared. Hopefully they keep him out of the facepaint too.

[quote name='neocisco']The only point here even worth addressing is that I don't watch WWE. Try to actually be correctly informed when you're going to talk about someone. Now go do some more panhandling for PPV money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ansé Solis']How is the point at hand even relevant to the WWE?

Life isn't going to be catered to your personal needs. You're not your own personal Jesus. Get over it. Like I said, it's goddamn pathetic. This thread is consistently filled with the most whiny, moaning, bitchy, posts of any thread on CAG and you're going to knock me for trying to save money in this fucking economy? Keep at it. Last I checked, the CAG Wrestling bros were sharing streaming links like wildfire in their chats.

But it's okay. I'll let you continue your misery circle-jerk. This place is like a fucking nursing home.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LoveLost']At this point you hav ejust become a Wrestling forum troll. Most people dislike you and your opinion and you are just getting your kicks going against the grain. If you dislike everyone here and think this is just a place where old guys go to bitch then why do you keep showing up? Start your own Ansé Solis Better than Everyone wrestling thread and see if you can start your own little group of young whippersnapper wrestling geniuses.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='neocisco']The only point here even worth addressing is that I don't watch WWE. Try to actually be correctly informed when you're going to talk about someone. Now go do some more panhandling for PPV money.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='LoveLost']At this point you hav ejust become a Wrestling forum troll. Most people dislike you and your opinion and you are just getting your kicks going against the grain. If you dislike everyone here and think this is just a place where old guys go to bitch then why do you keep showing up? Start your own Ansé Solis Better than Everyone wrestling thread and see if you can start your own little group of young whippersnapper wrestling geniuses.[/QUOTE]

Oh, God, Triple H's leadership is tearing us all apart.

[quote name='Ansé Solis']Read it again and think about what I wrote.[/QUOTE]

You mean when you said four times that you were done with this thread, then each time came back and whined and called it a circle-jerk? Just fucking leave.

OuYPy.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']Purple Flames wins this battle of obscure cultural references.

Back to the wishing well, Brak.[/QUOTE]

I got that.

[quote name='Purple Flames']That model is less Booker T and more Terrance Trent D'Arby.[/QUOTE]

I totally thought it was Orlando Jordan.

So, this is a weird quibble, but am I the only that hates the use of 'Bobby' as a name for a grown man? I hated it with Bobby Lashley and I hate it with Bobby Roode.

I just can't take that shit seriously.

[quote name='neocisco']If you want to get drunk real fast, drink every time Booker says this.[/QUOTE]

For faster results, combine this with every time he says.."Wait a minute"

[quote name='Psykoboy2']For faster results, combine this with every time he says.."Wait a minute"[/QUOTE]

I've heard of verbal crutches, but I swear to God, that man uses that phrase as a goddamn verbal Hover-round.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']For faster results, combine this with every time he says.."Wait a minute"[/QUOTE]

For fastest results play during a Daniel Bryan match and every time the phrase "My boy D. Bryan" is said, take a shot.

Ok, but is it one drink per group of "wait a minutes" or is it one drink for each "wait a minute" because seriously those fuckers attack in in groups and I'll be damned if I'm gonna take alcohol poisoning because Booker T has a limited vocabulary.

Advertising RAW has what 6 guys listed? WWE.com is also stating they don't know if RAW will have refs, announcers, or cameramen. I get the feeling Monday will be the show that is the train wreck I can't look away from. Also, another PPV in 2 weeks with literal 0 buildup. Can we rewind to late June/early July please?

[quote name='007']So, this is a weird quibble, but am I the only that hates the use of 'Bobby' as a name for a grown man? I hated it with Bobby Lashley and I hate it with Bobby Roode.

I just can't take that shit seriously.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'm reluctant to agree with you, but I can't think of any examples that really refute the notion.

Think of other "kiddie" variations on names, and that wrestlers tend to not use them. Mikey (well, sprit squad mikey, but in that case the diminutive was kinda the point), Georgie.

Then again, Eddie and Randy. Hmph.

What I dislike is the opposite - like when they over-formalize their first name to indicate (1) a heel turn and (2) a change towards becoming a more uptight, stuffy personality. Robert Roode as the modern day member of the York Foundation - and the York Foundation itself: Richard Morton, Thomas Rich, Terrence Taylor, Michael Rotundo (he wasn't "Wallstreet" by that point, was he?), etc.

Forced. Corny. Not believable.

[quote name='mykevermin']Think of other "kiddie" variations on names, and that wrestlers tend to not use them. Mikey (well, sprit squad mikey, but in that case the diminutive was kinda the point), Georgie.[/QUOTE]

Mikey Whipwreck?

It's pretty bad when, compared to the category of wrestling shirts, people single yours out as especially bad. Nice work Morrison. It is not at all in the same league as the legendary "Captain Mike Rotunda" shirt, but man does it give it a run for the money.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's pretty bad when, compared to the category of wrestling shirts, people single yours out as especially bad. Nice work Morrison. It is not at all in the same league as the legendary "Captain Mike Rotunda" shirt, but man does it give it a run for the money.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity I googled it. There are no words:

captmike0001.jpg

JomoSapiens is basically from the same people who brought you Air Boom. Morrison had a twitter contest to come up with a new name besides MoFos for his fans. No idea where they got the back part from...but the again "This T-Shirt Saved My Life" wasn't too great either.

I know we're 7 pages into the thread but I keep imagining in the Mark Henry GIF in the OP that Mark Henry is falling camera right. He just has a "Ohhhh...here I go..." look to me.

First time I've read the thread today and thanks for the several humorous posts. And thanks a lot, myke, for reminding of Richard Morton. Ya jerk.

Random wrestling picture:

vlcsnap-2011-01-18-00h53m07s57.jpg

[quote name='neocisco']First time I've read the thread today and thanks for the several humorous posts. And thanks a lot, myke, for reminding of Richard Morton. Ya jerk.

Random wrestling picture:

vlcsnap-2011-01-18-00h53m07s57.jpg
[/QUOTE]

God I miss the days of tag teams such as the Freebirds, Midnight Express, Rock 'n Roll Express, Road Warriors, Skyscrapers, Doom, Steiner Brothers, and any tag team combination of the 4 Horsemen. Since then tag teams have been for shit. I honestly don't even think WWE ever matched the depth or talent of NWA/WCW's tag team division.

[quote name='Spyder187']God I miss the days of tag teams such as the Freebirds, Midnight Express, Rock 'n Roll Express, Road Warriors, Skyscrapers, Doom, Steiner Brothers, and any tag team combination of the 4 Horsemen. Since then tag teams have been for shit. I honestly don't even think WWE ever matched the depth or talent of NWA/WCW's tag team division.[/QUOTE]

For a brief time, WWF had a deep tag roster. They had the British Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Killer Bees, Demolition, Rougeau Brothers (let the laughing commence) and Strikeforce (which was preceded by The Can-Am Connection for the proverbial cup of coffee). Not bad at all.

1) Don't forget the US Express (who originally used the "Real American" theme song - one of the neglected mysteries of big time wrestling was how - or if - Hulk Hogan himself co-opted that song from the tag team).

2) None of those teams hold a candle to those Spyder mentioned. WWF had some good tag teams, and Eric Bischoff hated tag teams, but late NWA/early WCW had some of the best tag teams available by a loooong shot.

[quote name='mykevermin']1) Don't forget the US Express (who originally used the "Real American" theme song - one of the neglected mysteries of big time wrestling was how - or if - Hulk Hogan himself co-opted that song from the tag team).

2) None of those teams hold a candle to those Spyder mentioned. WWF had some good tag teams, and Eric Bischoff hated tag teams, but late NWA/early WCW had some of the best tag teams available by a loooong shot.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s You just placed the Skyscrapers over your beloved Demolition. You sure you want to stick with that? :)

I may be biased since the Bulldogs were the first team that I really enjoyed watching but I would put them up with any other team from their era.

A DX yarmulke? I'm verklempt.

Ziggler has quietly become the best promo guy in the WWE. Apart from his stuff with Jackman, his promos the Ryder's show are pure gold.

That is all.

Huge name announced for WWE 12, not sure if it's going to be the mystery superstar they've been hyping

http://pwinsider.com/article/62340/...ced-for-wwes-new-videogame-this-week.html?p=1

Former WWE and UFC champion Brock Lesnar will be announced as a "Legend" for the WWE '12 videogame this week by THQ. As we noted several months back in the PWInsider Elite section, UFC approved Lesnar's inclusion in the game, as long as he was presented as Lesnar the wrestler and not Lesnar the MMA fighter.
The belief among those we spoke to when we first broke the news was that Paul Heyman, who's Looking for Larry Productions works closely with THQ, was involved in packaging the deal to bring Lesnar over to his first WWE-related licensing since he departed the company in 2004.
There are no plans for Lesnar to appear at any WWE events to promote his inclusion in the game.

---

Although I posted this in the OTT, I swear Brak that guy is D'Lo Brown except fatter and has a speech impediment.

[quote name='sykotek']
23gq8.png

Did the best I could with MS Paint. D:[/QUOTE]

It's funny because she's a whore!

PS - Shin I missed you in the Coyote Ugly live chat.

I watched the JBL/Eddie match from Judgement Day the other night in YouTube. I was sort of disgusted at how much blood Eddie lost in that match, and it gets pretty obvious that Eddie was just bludgeoning JBL out of anger towards the end of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back