The Mark Henry World's Strongest Champ Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that legends PPV live? I can't believe Ricky Morton worked with Nash. Morton has always had huge heat with Nash and talked insane amount of shit about him. I ordered the PPV tonight, if they play their cards right, this could be a ppv of the year.. Kendrick/Aries, Angle/Roode, Aj/Daniels, RVD/Lynn and even Bully Ray will probably carry Anderson to a 3* match.

[quote name='pimpster4183']Was that legends PPV live? I can't believe Ricky Morton worked with Nash. Morton has always had huge heat with Nash and talked insane amount of shit about him.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was live. The Nash/Morton "match" was more talking then wrestling... and thanks for filling me in on who was in against Nash.

AWE thoughts -

Perfectly fine show in-ring given the guys involved. Funk-Dreamer was okay, and I'm kind of glad it ended early and weirdly because the small package looked good, fit Larry's story about hardcore getting them only so far and wrestling ruling the day, and I doubt Funk could've looked as good as he did for much longer. Saturn's match went too long, but he can still do some good-looking stuff. He didn't look great, but I thought he'd be really limited since his in first Apter interview, he said he needed to have a shoulder replacement operation. Sonjay's match was good-ish, but I didn't really care about it. The Finlay match was really bizarre psychology-wise, and the nutshot>cradle finish was a letdown after all the time they spent on the knee injury part of things.

I'm not exactly sure what the main event was, but I kind of liked it. It was clear from the pre-match clip that Gibson probably isn't in good enough shape for a full match, so I was fine with the tag match being scrapped because, as he basically said in his promo, he's just there because of Ricky - so it makes sense to just get to Morton-Nash since that's the main issue. LOLed at Larry saying Nash and DDP never teamed before when they were the tag champs in WCW as the Insiders. I was amazed at seeing Morton take a big beal, the chokeslam, and the powerbomb - and take them perfectly. He's STILL an awesome babyface in peril, and I really liked the Nash-Morton match because of that.

I'm guessing that WWE did the "firing" angle to explain him working on this show - wouldn't want to have an on-air WWE hire working another company's PPV, especially an old-timer's show. I liked that the show ended with credits - that reminded me of WCW in a good way, and the credit's misspelling the company's initials was hilarious. I guess Vince was given a thanks in the credits for letting Nash actually work the PPV. Really loved the commentary team too - Larry hasn't lost a step, and Cruise is a great straight man, while Dutch was a fine shit-stirrer. Great chemistry between them and it was nice to have commentators that just put over the guys in the ring, even they did sort of bury Silva for his goofy faces at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neocisco']

Words fail me.[/QUOTE]

Rock and Roll may never die, but it sure is close to being on life support.

BFG prediction -

Sting beats Hogan after making Flair submit. Why not? If Flair could drop a fall at Uncensored '95 in Vader's match, then he can do it here. Roode beats Angle. I've been back and forth on this because on TV, they've been building him up as THE guy who can do it, but on the press tour, he's being knocked down a peg, so I think they'll give him the win here to swerve everyone like me who thinks he won't win because they're showing a lack of faith in him in interviews.

Joe wins...HAHAHA Just kidding. Joe drops the fall to Crimson via Crimson's goofy spinning thing, or the spear. Or since it's a TNA 3-way, Morgan hits the boot and Crimson steals the pin, leading to Morgan-Crimson in the battle of two clones that aren't really over. Aries beats Kendrick, hopefully into either submission or into a gimmick that doesn't suck. Ink Inc wins the belts on the pre-show. Velvet wins the bitchwhoreslut championship after Traci interferes, leading to Velvet-Karen-Traci for the title and Traci's freedom from... not being a whore to being employed by TNA. That reminds me, she's the second chick that Bischoff has booked his on-air character to fuck - Tessmacher was the first, and Bischoff REALLY seems creepy with that role in his 50s. Oh, and RVD beats Lynn because Lynn can never, EVER in his career beat him. A year ago, RVD was the lead sympathetic face in the company, and now he's in a mid-card TLC match with no build for the actual stip. Amazing what TNA can do for a career.

[quote name='pimpster4183']great ppv so far tonight.[/QUOTE]

Half of it has been solid. But giving Hogan and Sting nearly 45 minutes is insane.

EDIT: Strike that... forgot about Angle and Roode

the internet smarks can talk all the shit they want about Hogan and Sting, but they were over like a motherfucker tonight in philly, and that's one of the toughest crowds there is. I marked for the ending, I'm not gonna lie.

About what I was expecting out of Sting/Hogan from seeing the last 10 minutes. Seemed like they were going to cap it off with Hogan giving Bischoff the leg drop but I'm not even sure he can do that at this point.

Why the fuck can't they just let a main event finish? :/

Really loved that Crossface - Ankle Lock - Crossface - Angle Slam bit.

Well, I guess they had to have the mandatory shitty ending to at least one match people really cared about, so why not screw up the WT match right?

Roode is good, but I just don't see him main eventing and carrying the belt.. Seemed like the main event was rushed, this was the closet ppv ending to 10pm I've seen in a while. As I'm typing this there's a promo after the ppv for Urban Wrestling with rappers, wtf is that

[quote name='pimpster4183']the internet smarks can talk all the shit they want about Hogan and Sting, but they were over like a motherfucker tonight in philly, and that's one of the toughest crowds there is. I marked for the ending, I'm not gonna lie.[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

This isn't the same crowd, by a long shot, as filled the halls of ECW Arena 15-18 years ago, though. Maybe 40-50 people out of a crowd of 5,000 or so were. This was a crowd of people who do follow indy wrestling (which explains why Aries was so over in the opening match), but they were also starstruck by celebrities. People were nearly killing each other to get a picture with Don West at the merch table.

The show spent a lot of time in the ring, which I appreciated. I honestly didn't expect it.

Letdowns: world title finish, 3-way match. Semi-letdown in RVD/Lynn in that I don't think it held up to people's expectations of it.

I thought it was a great show overall, from a hot-hot opener in Aries/Kendrick, to a solid hardcore match in Bully Ray/Anderson, and that Hogan/Sting gave fans one last nostalgia trip. Roode/Angle did not live up to my expectations, and the finish was more confusing than infuriating. Since Roode held the ropes and it was 10:50, we all expected the freshly minted babyface Hogan to come down and restart the match.

But, fuck, for $12 tickets, this was a helluva show. I'm much more impressed with the TNA machine than I was before.

D'Lo Brown was over like a motherfucker and nobody cared about Al Snow or Simon Diamond, sadly.

I had shitty seats, so I don't have nearly the pics I did from the NJPW show earlier in May.

You know I was hoping for the crowd to boo all over Hogan/Sting just for the laughs. For what its worth the match given the age and condition of the two in the ring was okay. The post match stuff felt like TNA was trying to ripoff the whole Hogan face turn from WM18. It just didn't work here because it felt forced and so obvious this time around.

Lynn/RVD was pretty decent. I wasn't expect match of the year but I enjoyed it. Aries/Kendrick was great I will say. I'm glad Aries is doing well and hope he continues that success. I miss Bully Ray/Anderson so I can't comment. The women's match from what I saw was a mess.

I felt TNA dropped the ball big time by having Angle win. They built up Roode so much only to drop the ball like that is just a shame. Even if Roode wins the title down the road I feel it won't be the same as him winning it at TNA's biggest show of the year.

On that note Mick Foley apparently is going to appear on 30 Rock sometime when the new season starts. I'm already betting that they will have him in a scene with Frank during the episode.

I think it was a botched ending. Brian Hebner didn't count 3 with a regular cadence. The replay shows it directly that he pulled his hand up expecting a kickout then, when Roode didn't kick, he quickly hit the canvas for 3. It seems like it was miscommunication. It was pretty clear that Hebner was expecting Roode to kick but Roode had his arm under the rope so he was probably expecting Hebner to stop his count for that. To make it more confusing, right after the match Angle immediately took his shoe off and Hebner put up the X. Angle stood up in the ring but then was practically carried away from the ring. It seems pretty clear that this was not the booked ending. Whether someone made a major mistake or it was the miscommunication, it certainly wasn't the way you want to end the show.

TNA Road Agents are the best faction in wrestling. I always pop for D'Lo Brown, Al Snow and Simon Diamond.

[quote name='TheRock88']Wendy got suspended for violating the Talent Wellness program

http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/slater-suspended[/QUOTE]

26-No-Darth_Vader.jpg

[quote name='Vulcan2422']From the dirt sheets, they are saying Hogan nixed the Roode Championship era.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/headlines/Hulk_Hogan_Reportedly_Nixed_Bobby_Rood_Title_.php[/QUOTE]

Looks like the Brother Love era of TNA is going exactly how I expected it now that this is out. In other words its really Bischoff and Hogan running things.

Anderson's pre-show promo was terrible - whoever decided to put him on the segment designed to make you want to buy the show should be fired, and the tag title match had some really good stuff in it, but was hurt by the clustery finish. The three women, including Toxine, got involved, ref did nothing IN A TITLE MATCH and the heels won with a schoolboy after a low blow. So that really sucked, especially since I wanted Ink Inc to win. The Jarretts’ promo was not their greatness, with Jeff saying that he banned Hardy from Philly…but didn’t mind him showing up for the fanfest. That made no sense, and then the main show began with a CAUTION: SWERVES AHEAD sign, which wound up being pretty fitting. Kendrick came out doing his goofy dance, which led to A WHITE GUY DRESSED AS APOLLO CREED to go WTF. Aried came out, taking a cue from Lizmark Jr, and had a swank new cape on to signify his status as ruler of the X division. Aries got a massive ovation, and then had the best match one can have with this incarnation of Kendrick. Loved the basic, no bullshit pendulum elbow and the stiff-looking punt. Really loved the super-smooth sliced bread #2 counter off the top. Kendrick timed it perfectly, and Aries sold it in a wonderfully goofy way. Karen's cleavage cut a promo on Traci the whore. Karen named herself ref, left with JB, and Traci mumbled to herself.

I loved that despite being one of the day one guys in TNA, Lynn's theme is generic death metal and his entrance video is just his name. I guess he's happy to not have the goofy country music he had back then, and to get a paycheck. Lynn-RVD was insane. Lynn's nearly 50, had major back surgery and started things off taking a bump onto a chair, and things just got crazier from there, taking a suplex onto a ladder and a moonsault. Taz deconstructing the Full Metal Mayhem stip to mean "you can use anything that's metal and full. And commits mayhem." was tremendous. There was stuff here that didn't quite work perfectly, like the sunset bomb off the apron onto the ladder, but I kind of like that part of things because it helps prevent the match from looking too contrived. Lynn's taken a million van daminators, but never sold them as well as he did in this match. The Van Terminator with the ladder was something new, but really looked like it sucked for Lynn. Really crazy match given the ages of both guys, but they exceeded my expectations - especially after their last match underwhelmed. It's funny that having the match at the ECW reunion show wound up not working out, because the timing worked out better here - they got to have the big stip match in Philly and get the ECW chants without having to deal with that show's shitty blue Xplosion lighting.

Joe-Crimson-Morgan. Fat, pale Joe lost, Crimson won, Morgan was big, who cares? LOLed at the Morgan-Crimson staredown since facially they look so similar. The finish looked absurd since the cover happened so close to Morgan, all he would have had to do was fall like a tree and break it up. Loved Bully's pre-match promo, and also liked that since it's TNA, Anderson's entrance began with Bully Ray's entrance video. Anderson, without hair dye, looks like just plain old Scott Taylor minus the talent and in worse shape since Scotty can at least work without a shirt.

Anderson's only in his mid-30s and is already in the nostalgia show phase of his career mentally. Ray took the shirt off for the big chop, which makes sense, but only exposed how out of shape Anderson looks. It's really hard to believe that he was world champion two months ago. Loved Taz mourning Anderson's use of a beer on Ray...and then a fan threw her beer right on Anderson. God that ruled. The Bully Ray Ate Batista sign was something new, although not really all that fitting since Ray has lost a lot of weight. Taz namedropping Iron Mike Sharpe was tremendous, as was Bully Ray doing Anderson's mic drop bit to get heat AND ACTUALLY GETTING IT. I couldn't believe that people actually booed him. Even Anderson's come back on him here was great. The pipe shot and piledriver on the concrete during the backstage portion were unexpected surprises since I didn't think Anderson would really put forth so much effort here. When they got back to the ring, they used a table and the guard rail, which seems a bit odd since this happened RIGHT AFTER THE TLC MATCH. Bully Ray's bump on the guardrail was cringe-inducing and then Anderson smacked his head and back on the thing off the top. Just crazy stuff for the third match on the show. Kenton off the top to the floor onto the table didn't go as planned since Anderson overshot Bully and landed right on the floor. That was clearly going to be the finish, but Anderson instead did the Mic Check through the table and that worked. Crowd still popped for him, and he had the best match he's had since the Lockdown one with Angle last year.

Then, with no buildup at all since they dropped the angle months ago, they revealed that Jackson James with Bischoff's son. This came out of nowhere, but was worth it for Tenay's outraged reaction. The knockouts title match wasn’t particularly good, but worth watching for Velvet’s newer, closer ass and crotch-centric camera angles. Would’ve been nice if Velvet actually beat the champion to win the title, but I guess they’ll have her beat Winter to get her BFF back. Or maybe Karen will just overturn the decision since Traci counted the pin. AJ-Daniels had their worst match together ever. Daniels has some new Emo Inferno bell bottoms, while AJ wore his annual BFG breast cancer awareness gear. Things started off promising - nice, intense striking…and then it just became DO YOU QUIT, NO! spots for seemingly ever. Very odd to have a screwdriver and wrench introduced in the first match - I guess they’ll follow it up with a truck next month. Loved Daniels’ heel work here - him choking AJ with the chair, just chucking the wrench at AJ and the NO!? Okay… spot that was easily the best bit with the mic. They did the JBL-Cena finish only with the screwdriver instead of a big pipe. I love that the finish allowed for Daniels to be fresh so he could then kick his ass in the post-match. This told a fine story for Daniels’ full turn to the dark side, along with AJ being tempted by it with the screw driver, but as an actual match, it was really flawed.

Jeff Jarrett’s mid-ring promo was a lot better than his pre-show one. Loved “NERO, I’M CALLING YOU OUT, BITCH!” Didn’t love Hardy’s new theme. It’s better than his other ones, but could someone in TNA please beg Jeff to let them pick a theme for him? Jeff came out, and the Jeffs just brawled. No highspots, just every pull-apart brawl ever. This really was disappointing after Jarrett did everything but announce himself versus Hardy for the PPV in the pre-show promo. I liked Hardy’s negative image of his mugshut being on his shirt. Very odd, but at least some sort of sign that he’s willing to want to change.

Hogan vs. Sting was both the best and worst thing it could hope to be. Hogan, who is supposed to be the heel, came out, played to the crowd and got a huge reaction for it. They showed Dixie in the crowd with her one facial expression until two fans with signs blocked her from the camera’s view. THAT ruled. Hogan very slowly hit the ropes, and in doing so, they showed fans with HARDY GETS US HIGH shirts on. Sting came out in a purple coat, black and blue singlet, purple shoes, and a yellow and red Hogan shirt…and then Tenay said he was dressed for a fight. Solid Snake he ain’t. Hogan brought out Flair to a huge ovation, and furthered got the crowd behind him as well. They did a headlock push off spot that Hogan won, just so you knew that right away, he was bigger, badder, and stronger than Sting. And then he did his posing along with a crotch chop. Hogan really working hard to get his heel act over. Hogan then punched him down and did a standing reverse chinlock.

Sting made his comeback, but was taken down by the axe bomber. So, just like in ‘97, he did everything he could here to make Sting look bad. A spike got used, Sting bladed, and then Hogan did Flair’s strut shockingly well and Sting’s WOOO bit. Sting chopped and punched him and Hogan took a bump. Holy shit. Then Hogan took another off a bolo punch. He took as many bumps within a minute as he did in his entire TNA debut match, and he severely damaged hit back doing that. And then Sting spiked him and he took ANOTHER bump. He either had a really good day, got shot up with gallons of painkillers before the match like Kerry Von Erich, or simply doesn’t give a shit about his health. He bladed, which worked out great since he wore a white Impact Wrestling shirt in the match. Hogan took two stinger splashes, including one to the back, and actually took a back bump for them instead of just falling on his face to lead to the scorpion deathlock and the win for Sting. Flair beat him up, then Immortal came out and beat him up.

This led to Bischoff swinging a chair, Jackson taking it from him and then Bischoff using the chair to clock him in the back. Immortal kept beating on Sting for hours and hours before he begged for the help of the almighty, the immortal Hulk Hogan. The crowd cheered Hogan…more than usual, he tore the shirt off, and Immortal bumped around for Hogan’s punches. Sting and Hogan teamed up to beat up Immortal and then beat up Immortal two on however many. This seemed absurd, but given that Immortal has been retrained by mere referees and fat agents before, didn’t really hurt the group’s credibility because they had none. I loved Bischoff cowering in the corner throughout this whole deal. And then he got bolo punched by Hogan, who celebrated with Sting and Jackson James while Dixie smiled. Hogan was remarkable here. Beyond the bumping, he really big-footed everything else on the show and made himself the star. Not a star, but THE star of the promotion. Sting couldn’t have saved himself, nope - he needed the Hulkster to save him. And did TNA use this big celebration to get anyone young over? Sure - Jackson James got to celebrate. Should Crimson or anyone else get a rub here? Nah, it’s all about the old guys and/or their family.

Oh, and Roode got to have the final match on the show, which really came off like a prelim airing after the main event of a UFC PPV, even with the good pre-match video. It built this as the biggest match of Roode’s career, the one he’s trained harder for than any other, and… he couldn’t even beat a clearly-injured and emaciated Angle in a pretty good, but really short main event match. They had maybe 15 minutes left for the world title match on the biggest show of the year. The length of it reminded me of the Angle Invitational six years ago, but that actually helped people - Tatanka and Striker got jobs off of it. This was longer, sure, but also had more at stake than any of those. In a way, the future of the company was at stake because if Roode won, it showed that the company had faith in pushing a new guy to the top, and if he lost, it didn’t. Well, Roode got to lose here, which helped no one and killed the BFG Series too.

Why did MITB become a huge deal? Because Edge WON THE TITLE and breathed some fresh air into the title mix. Now, the BFG Series basically wasted months of TV time because the payoff (ironically enough, the name of one of Roode’s finishers that DIDN’T WIN the match here) to it was the guy losing. So he’s good enough to be a contender, but not to win. Even though they tried to at least give themselves a plausible reason for Roode to lose with the arm under the rope for Roode and Angle using one for the finish, it felt like a total bullshit move. Sure, it also seemed like something you’d see where the heel world champ would come in, win by the skin of his teeth, but show that the local guy COULD have beaten him up just came up short. However, THIS WAS NOT THE TIME TO DO THAT FINISH.

Roode didn’t just get his robe from Terry Taylor, I think he got some of his luck, because it’s going to take a long time for him to regain the momentum he had. Sure, he’ll probably win the title, but it won’t mean anything near as much as it would have here. Even if he wins it on Thursday’s Impact, which one would think has to happen since Angle is hurt, but of course, HE WAS HURT HERE AND STILL WON. At least Roode has his own tron and Afflicition knock-off shirt now. I hope TNA did their biggest buyrate ever here, because they did a shit job building to the future with the show. The top faces are realistically Sting, Hogan, and Dixie Carter, with Bischoff and whoever as the main heels. Just like with Raw now, the battle for power and control is the A story, and the world title picture is the B story at best. Hogan did a fine job making sure that he’s THE most important guy in the company. He buried Roode in interviews before the show, and then made sure that you didn’t think about Roode after the show too. If/when Hogan leaves TNA for WWE, I hope they realize that they had their chance here to make a new main event star on a night when more people would be watching their PPV than at any other point in the year because, in part, due to Hogan, but pissed it away to placate the wrong egos.

Screens -

Hardy gets us high.

OFF THE CHAIN!

Quotes -

Taz - You can use ladders and chairs - anything that’s metal and full, I guess. And commits mayhem.
Tenay - Corner dropkick with the chair.
Taz - He’s done that to me - it feels like a stick of dynamite just goes off in ya face. BOOM!
Tenay - Look at the mouse underneath Lynn’s right eye!
(after the Van Daminator)Taz - Now ya don’t got a mouse - you got a rat! That’s never good!
(during the Van Terminator setup)Taz - Watching this and being where we are, it’s like going back in time!
Tenay - TAZ IS IN THE TIME WARP!
Ray - I GOT SEVEN CARS AND FIVE HOUSES! AND IT’S BECAUSE OF THE WHITE TRASH IN THIS CITY WHO I’VE BEEN ABUSING AND TAKING ADVANTAGE OF.
Taz - Look at the sign.
Tenay - Says something about a Philly asshole, right?
Taz - Watch ya mouth.
Taz - Brian Hebner’s got like a glove on to protect his hand - maybe he stole it from Iron Mike Sharpe.
Ray - Ladies and gentlemen! FROM HELL’S KITCHEN NEW YORK CITY!
Anderson - THIS AIN’T NEW YORK CITY, WELCOME TO PHILLY, BITCH!
(after Anderson improves a new finish)Taz - Sometimes, ya gotta call an audible and that’s exactly what Mr. Anderson did.
(during Velvet’s entrance)Taz - I love gold and orange. Or red. Whatever color that is.
Taz - It’s Philly…we’re live…why not LET THE PIGEONS FLY AMONG US! Or let ‘em loose - one or the other.
Taz - Queen Bee wearing camo - I love it.
Taz - I don’t think Madison’s kissing up to Karen, she’s respectful.
Tenay - You announcing the same show?
Taz - I’M CARRYING YOU ON THE SAME SHOW YOU’RE ON!
Daniels - WHY DON’T YOU JUST END IT NOW, AJ!? No? Okay…(proceeds to whoop ass)
Daniels - DIE, AJ!
Jarrett - NERO, I’M CALLING YOU OUT, BITCH!
Taz - Notice how Hogan doesn’t rush into anything.
Sting - HELP ME, HULK!

Ugh

Sunday at Bound for Glory, Bobby Roode failed in his attempt to win the TNA World Heavyweight Championship when he was pinned by Kurt Angle, after the referee failed to notice his arm under the ropes or Angle using the ropes for leverage.
TNA had originally planned for Roode to defeat Angle for the belt. Hulk Hogan, however, lobbied to have the finish changed since he felt that the former Team Canada member wasn't ready for a run with the title.

Between that and his war of words with AJ Styles in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time employees. Especially since Hogan was criticizing Styles on Twitter when it was known that he had missed Saturday's Fan Interaction event due to a death in his family.
http://www.pwpix.net/

Hogan is a cancer. Roode will never get as good of a build as he did during the BFG series and the subsequent run-up to BFG. If Hogan had such a problem with Roode as champ he should have said something months ago. He just flushed away all of the work that was done over the entire summer. Hogan can't be out of the business soon enough. I absolutely loathe him.

[quote name='neocisco']Hogan is a cancer. Roode will never get as good of a build as he did during the BFG series and the subsequent run-up to BFG. If Hogan had such a problem with Roode as champ he should have said something months ago. He just flushed away all of the work that was done over the entire summer. Hogan can't be out of the business soon enough. I absolutely loathe him.[/QUOTE]

I like Roode, I think he has a great upside, and I really dug the HBK-on-the-road-to-WM-12 build they gave him leading up to BFG.

But he wasn't really all that over in Philly, honestly.

I don't defend Hogan at all, and I agree that he has no idea what fans want anymore. Him bringing the Nasty Boyz into TNA and trying to get them pushed still says everything it needs to about his priorities.

If the decision was to give Roode the belt, they should have stuck with that. But I still don't think it would have made a huge difference in the program or viewership.

[quote name='mykevermin']I like Roode, I think he has a great upside, and I really dug the HBK-on-the-road-to-WM-12 build they gave him leading up to BFG.

But he wasn't really all that over in Philly, honestly.

I don't defend Hogan at all, and I agree that he has no idea what fans want anymore. Him bringing the Nasty Boyz into TNA and trying to get them pushed still says everything it needs to about his priorities.

If the decision was to give Roode the belt, they should have stuck with that. But I still don't think it would have made a huge difference in the program or viewership.[/QUOTE]

I see Philly fans as atypical in regards to fan reaction. They tend to be a little more skeptical and hard to please IMO. I'm not disregarding their opinions but I think they should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't think Roode would have caused a spike in ratings. I don't think anyone can when a company tries to plan it out and organize it. It has to happen organically. That being said, not even giving him the chance (and based on Hogan's say-so, no less) is, IMO, worse than trying to use him and seeing what happens. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I'm guessing since it was taped, there's no chat for Raw tonight?[/QUOTE]

Where is Raw from tonight?

Also, is there a new Botchamania yet? After last week's horrible (dare I say worst ever?) Raw, it seemed like a new episode can easily be made.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I'm guessing since it was taped, there's no chat for Raw tonight?[/QUOTE]

Not if you don't make it.

Nah, I hear you neocisco - change is not always good for its own sake (let's make Eric Young the champ!), but Roode could have had a good run. It's clear that Hogan - or someone - is politicking for Crimson. Which is a shame, since he's a default CAW with no zeal or anything that interests me. He's just another douchebag with a crappy not-mohawk and tribal "tats." Guys like him are a dime a dozen, and he's going to be pegged as the go-to guy.

Sad.

But, yeah, Angle retains? yawn. not interested.

TNA is TNA's worst enemy.

In other news, Hardcore Holly is coming out with a book. Ten people are excited.

That said, if it's titled "HOW D'YA LIKE ME NOW???" I think I'll have to buy it.

Taking over the Matt "I'm doing my best to be shitcanned from WWE" Hardy role:

In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Heath Miller (Heath Slater) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Random notes about all the Hogan/TNA business and RAW:

Hogan is just awful, Roode had all the buildup and all the backing he would've ever needed and it got changed cause some ego maniac didn't think he was ready. I could keep rambling about it but it boils down to the fact I can't stand Hogan.

I can't really comment much on TNA since I barely ever watch it. (See the end of my last statement as to why)

Ziggler would be an early prediction for me to say who wins the RR if a bunch of dirt sheets hadn't already stated that....
early reports are saying a SD star will win then win the title at Elimination Chamber then face Daniel Bryan who is cashing in his briefcase at WM

Mason Ryan is gonna pull a muscle walking into the ring soon.

Also betting on Nash causing one of the main event faces to lose their match Sunday, whether it is Cena or Punk/HHH, who knows.

Welp Heath Slater, nice not caring about ya, enjoy thinking that people on the indy circuit will over pay for you.

I really hoped that last night would be TNA's chance to remind people that when they want to be, they can create their own talent.

It sounds like it didn't go well. At least Hogan had a match in 2011. How many decades has he wrestled in now? Five? Awesome.

Ace's opening thing just WOULD NOT END. Ten minutes to build up Cena/J.R. vs. Alberto/Cole in a country that doesn't have Cole and J.R. as their announcers. The Mexicanization of the set reminded me of Michael Scott's fiesta preparation for Oscar's return. Actually, a burro would've been a step up. Cody-Orton was announced for Vengeance, not for the title...so I guess Orton's winning and the IC Title's clearly not worth anything since Orton doesn't want it and heaven forbid you elevate a title. Orton and Henry were involved in a six-man. I think they've been involved in more matches together since their feud ended than when it was active. Cole ranted and raved about Orton and Cody's feud being serious due to a fucking paper bag. King saved things by saying they should change the name of the bearhug to the Henry hug because he's stronger than a bear. An announcer...getting a talent over? WUT!? Christian and Sheamus and Orton and Cody brawled around, which left Morrison with Henry one on one, which ended quickly when Henry did an awesome irish whip flapjack into the world's strongest slam. Tremendous, really star-making video package for Brodus Clay aired. They got over the spot with him picking guys up at 2 and explained the psychology behind it for him as a character. Ricardo whispering to announce Alberto's presence to Ace backstage was just incredible. They announced that Eve was the number 1 contender somehow, and then she beat Nattie in a nothing match. Graphic aired for the HHH tag at Vengeance, which is good since I forgot about it and was wondering why Miz was facing Punk.

Truth cut an awesome promo about the PPV match, and then Punk was hilarious wiping the smile off his face like Truth asked. HHH came out and w were reminded that he's still COO, despite being fired last week from his apparent job as Raw GM that was called the COO position or something. Punk mimed HHH's bow from the blue blood days, so now Punk's just his buddy or little brother trying to get his big brother's approval. Cole said that Raw's ratings went through the roof with Ace as the GM and the stock went sky high. Things are getting better he said, so apparently, they really sucked a mighty cock for a long time. Then King talked about not waiting to be able to see HHH in the ring again. Yeah, it's been three whole weeks since he's wrestled. Real huge break there.

Miz and Punk were having a fine match, but then it got stopped by Ace. Because matches don't matter, but please pay to see matches. HHH got deported. Or something, but made sure to assault Truth before doing so. Well, he did get over four months ago - can't have that. Oh, and Cole talked about Truth THROWING A BOTTLE OF WATER as his trademark. Could WWE please spend more than 2 bucks on their superstars' gimmicks? Cody's trademark is a paper bag, which you can get for free at 7-11 with the purchase of anything - INCLUDING A BOTTLE OF WATER! Then HHH got deported and the match just continued. Very weird. Killed the match dead. Punk won with a schoolboy after throwing Miz into Truth, who then kicked his ass. So the match and its result meant nothing compared to the post-match beating. Welcome to Impact.

Cole talked about how they couldn't be in Mexico with a band or the Spanish announcers...and then they stopped talking about anything involving Mexico and shilled the WWE Network while Cole recited copy for the network that made everything they do seem lame. Vickie came out in an awesome dress to accompany Swagger to the ring. Dolph then cut easily the best promo of his career here - tons of passion, although he was rushing through it at points too. Swagger tried to sing the national anthem, but was interrupted by Ryder, who him in like a minute. Sucks to be a former world champ. Mason did something resembling walking to come down the aisle and challenged Dolph to accept the match they already had. Oh God. They actually think that Dolph can carry Mason to a decent match. I don't think Flair in his prime could do that with how limited Ryan appears to be. Ziggler bumped around as much as he could, and then Mason got DQe for assaulting Dolph too much in the corner. Match sucked. Finish sucked more. Mason's new finisher is the Tenta powerslam, only without the believability.

Then, after J.R. cuts a promo, they air a Be A Star ad. Seriously. Cole came out to some of the show's worst canned heat twirling rope and really making Alberto look like a goof just being near this thing. The main event sucked. Alberto and Cena really don't have any chemistry together in the ring, and J.R. and Cole...yeah. Faces won, then Cena counted 1-7 IN ENGLISH to set up a last man standing match. Why he didn't say it in Spanish, I have no idea. That would've at least dome SOMETHING to cater to the hispanic fans, and would be slightly better than just putting a Mexican flag design on the tron and cracking jokes about the country on commentary. Cena got booed really loudly for the counting bit and attacking Alberto and why not? HE USED STEPS. Also, the last man standing stip was made just six days before the PPV. Just wow. They really might've killed Mexico off as a draw for the company with this show alone. So much so that maybe AAA and CMLL's business will go up.

Screens -

ROID RAGE!

Quotes -
Ace - QUE PASA! My name is Mr. John Laurinitis, I am the EVP of talent relations and the new Interim GM of Raw. Tonight marks the return of Rey Mysterio! To see his doctor about rehab! I’M JUST KIDDING! You Mexican people have no sense of humor. As the board is searching for a permanent GM, I will do everything I can to install integrity in Raw. The board has confidence in me and I will not let them down. I won’t let you don’t. I will make mistakes, and I ask for your consideration and unerstanding - seriously. Honestly, I made a mistake by firing J.R. I received thousands of tweets on my twitter count that were MEAN-SPIRITED AND NASTY! They weren’t fit for a PG environment. AS YOUR GM, I LISTENED TO WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY. I LISTENED TO YOU AND THAT IS WHY I’D LIKE YOU TO…BRING BACK TO RAW, GOOD OLD J.R.! J.R. please come into the ring. I’d like to make a public apology.
Cole - I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS.
King - You mean he doesn’t deserve an apology? AFTER BEING FIRED IN FRONT OF HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS!?
Ace - I shouldn’t have fired you - I owe you an apology. I did not bring you here to commentate. I WOULD LIKE TO HERE YER SUFFERIN SUCATASH! Just kidding. When you did the walk of shame and left the building, something happened during the break you should watch. I’m not sure what caused the issues between you and Cole, whether it’s jealousy on your part or what, but tonight, we’ll settle it.
Cole - Cody said QUOTE, THE BAGGING OF RANDY ORTON IS JUST THE BEGINNING.
Cole - RANDY ORTON HASN’T FORGOTTEN THE NIGHT CODY RHODES PUT THE BAG ON HIS FACE!
Cole - MARK HENRY’S THIGHS ARE 36 INCHES!
King - They should rename that the Henry hug because I guarantee it hurts more than a bear!
Cole - TEAM PERFECT - ME AND ALBERTO DEL RIO!
Brodus - When you get in the ring with Brodus Clay, call your family and your girlfriend, BECAUSE YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!
Truth - MIZ GONNA WHOOP YER ASS TONIGHT, AND VENGEANCE IS GONNA GET GOT!
Miz - AND THAT’S AWESOME!
Cole - THE COO OF WWE ISN’T IN A BUSINESS MOOD!
Cole - HHH is jealous of John Laurinitis running Raw. RATINGS WERE THROUGH THE ROOF AND THE STOCK WAS SKY HIGH!!
King - To quote Taylor Swift, Miz is a mean guy!
Ace - STOP THIS MATCH, THERE’S AN IMMIGRATION PROBLEM!
Cole - TRUTH WITH A BOTTLE OF WATER TO THE SKULL - HIS TRADEMARK!
Cole - We wouldn’t be in Mexico without mariacis!
Cole - THE WWE NETWORK - THE MOST INTERACTIVE NETWORK IN HISTORY!
Vickie - I’M A GODDESS IN MEXICO! I’M LIKE ANGELINA JOLIE - ONLY WITHOUT THE ADOPTED BRATS!
Dolph - I know what an honor it is to watch us, and there are many wishing they could leave Mexico and never come back - like me, and go back to the greatest country in the world, the one I’m champion - THE UNITED STATES! Just like Affliction shirts and scarves on men coming back and Titus ‘O Neal, YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT. BUT YOU GET THE NEXT BEST THING - YOU GET TO SEE THE ALL AMERICAN AMERICAN AMERICAN JACK SWAGGER AND YOURS TRULY THE NATRUAL, THE SHOW-STEALER, THE HEEL, THE U.S. CHAMPION, DOLPH ZIGGLER IN ACTION!
Swagger - Please rise while I sing America’s national anthem! OOOOH SSSSAYYYY CANNN YOOUUUU SEEEE BBYYY THE DAAWWWWN’S EARRRRRLLLLYY LIIIIGGHHHTTT…GREAT, YOU MADE ME LOSE MY PLACE. I’ll start over…
Ryan - Where you think you going Ziggler? We gotta match next. C’mon, let’s go!
J.R. - I’ll be 60 years old next month, and I’m a grandpa… the last thing I need to be is in a match. I don’t wanna mess this up for you.
Cena - You won’t - you’re a WWE hall of famer and the best voice its ever had.
J.R. - In that case, I’d like to get my hands on Cole - that sniveling little son of a bitch!
King - Is Cole jumping rope? Nope - just twirling it!
Josh - J.R.’S TWITTER WAS FULL OF MEMBERS OF THE WWE UNIVERSE SHOWING SUPPORT!
King - What could Cole do in the ring other than get his attitude adjusted?
Cena - One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…

[quote name='Halo05']I really hoped that last night would be TNA's chance to remind people that when they want to be, they can create their own talent.

It sounds like it didn't go well. At least Hogan had a match in 2011. How many decades has he wrestled in now? Five? Awesome.[/QUOTE]

I think "wrestled" is a bit generous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back