The Mole Season 5 - Official Thread - Mondays @ 10PM on ABC

When does this startup again? I almost forgot about this show. I loved it back when it was on.

EDIT: Season 5!? I thought there was only 1 season, plus a Celebrity Mole.

According to wikipedia there were 2 regular versions followed by 2 celeb versions.

It starts tonight at 10PM. I'll update the OP.

I'm so hyped for the show. Watched both regular seasons and one celebrity season. Decided to skip the second because didn't like the celebrities.

This reminds me. I need to set up the DVR since I can't watch it live.

I loved this show. I didn't watch the so called celebrity messes one though. This along with the one season of Paradise Hotel are two of my reality show guilty pleasures.

I've watched all four seasons so far, and I was really glad to hear they were bringing it back. It's too bad Anderson Cooper isn't hosting this season.

Well I don't really have a clue about the mole after the first epi. Could be any of them.

The history teacher/soccer coach could be him. His sob story to the camera was a little over the top and I thought his reaction when he came up green from the test seemed a bit forced.

But then I also thought the way the stay at home mom set up the waterfall challenge seemed a bit Moley. Based on the numbers and who failed it's likely she had the first person that jumped going for real cash which is a dumb move IMO. You let the first person go for fake money and the rest of the group can watch and learn. But she's obviously not it.

If Dr. Whiner is the mole that'd be interesting since she made herself such a thorn right from the beginning. It'd be a bold strategy. I'd expect the Mole to somewhat lay low at the beginning.

I really wanted to watch this, as I loved the original Mole (even the bastardized Celebrity edition on ABC Family), but forgot (see: was playing the Bad Company demo). Looks like it's a job for EZTV. Wee!

I've watched all 4 seasons of the Mole and even though the celebrity ones were crap compared to the first two regular seasons, they were still fun to watch (if not just for Baldwin and Corbin).

Watched the first episode with my wife last night and we both enjoyed it. Seems just like classic Mole to me, but I do miss Anderson.

I'm leaning towards Dr. Whiner as the Mole already because she seems more like a character than a real person.

Speaking of ABC reality shows, it looks like ABC has created their own MXC-type show called Wipeout. My wife and I used to watch MXC on Spike all the time. That should be good for some cheap laughs.

I love the Mole and am glad it's back sans celebrities. Makes it a more authentic game I think.

Loved MXC too, for what it's worth. We'll definitely watch Wipeout I think, at least once.

Watched it on my DVR. Seemed like a cheaper production than before. Disappointed by the lack of special entrance by all the players. But, it's the Mole, so I still like it.

I don't know about Dr. Whiner. I figure the prime time to sabotage was to actually fall asleep in the cabin and hence breaking the rules and lose money, but she didn't. Her picks at the Crusoe game was interesting though.

It's too early to tell anyway.

Everyone's playing as if they're the mole. Remember they have to cast doubt to the others that they may be the mole as well.

And the new host makes me yearn for the days of Anderson Cooper. but oh well.

I think it's that black guy, I think his name is Greg or something. Laid low, didn't talk much, did his shit.

Just behind him, is that New York ignant mother fucker. The one that drove the car and half-assed it with the sand challenge.

I think it's the fat guy. He doesn't have to try really hard to screw up challenges. He's fat, so they expect him to be worthless. It's the perfect cover.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I think it's the fat guy. He doesn't have to try really hard to screw up challenges. He's fat, so they expect him to be worthless. It's the perfect cover.[/quote]

It's too easy to be him, i'm starting more to think it's that NY hat wearing dude. Mostly because his ally, that total milf, was the 1st one to go, fishyyyyy.

The new host is a total goober. So far the show isn't "European" enough. Did they even say where they were in the beginning? Because it looked like bland American vacation spots to me. No landmarks, no famous cities, just some lameass waterfall and a beach.

People also need to not look too much into "team picking" to try and figure out who the mole is. Most of the time the person picking is NOT the mole and is simply trying to put who they think the mole is into a position where they can't lose money.

Yeah, so far this season doesn't feel like the Mole, maybe it's the fact that I miss Anderson Cooper's mysterious elegance on my T.V. screen.

I'm peeved that they aren't airing this in HD. So lame.

[quote name='specialk']Everyone's playing as if they're the mole. Remember they have to cast doubt to the others that they may be the mole as well.

And the new host makes me yearn for the days of Anderson Cooper. but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Very true which is why I try to look for subtle things that The Mole might pull and feel like others won't notice it.

The beauty for the mole is that he/she really doesn't have to do much to sabotage as others will do it for him/her to cast doubt as you say.

Bad Mole news today. Hope it doesn't get an early yank.

From: http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/06/04/i-dont-know-why-people-arent-watching-the-mole/

It's only the first episode, but people seem to be avoiding ABC's new edition of The Mole like it was on The CW or something.

The first episode of the show this past Monday at 10pm got a 1.9 rating in the important 18 to 49 demographic. It came in third place in the time slot and lost a lot of the lead-in from The Bachelorette.

Aw crap that sucks. I really love the show.

Could be they didn't do enough to let people know it's back on? I mean there are a few people on this thread who said something along the lines of "Oh wow I'm gonna set my DVR now that I saw this. I loved this show."

It's like season 2 all over again. The thing that sucks is that this season is already a summer replacement, so if they pull it then there's nowhere else for it to go.

People don't watch because the show comes off as typical garbage in the hokey previews. They should have promoted it like they did the first season, as a spy show. It doesn't help that the only previews they have on other than the Mole are for a lameass Japanese gameshow knockoff and another show that looks like Retarded American Gladiators. People would assume The Mole is the same genre.

ANother thing, ABC's previews make it seem like the show was never cancelled. Acting like ABC just had the show on hiatus when it was in fact 100% cancelled.

Did anybody else notice that (think her name was Christina) Christina's helmet had a bright green thumb print on it while nobody else's did? She's my prime suspect but I thought that was a bit too obvious. She was the short girl with dark hair that didn't say much in case I don't have the name correct.

Edit - Her name is Victoria

^ I almost forgot, this show loads up the seemingly unimportant establishing shots with clues. I forgot to pay attention the first episode. I think the first season even had a clue in the opening credits.

I think the black girl is The Mole. The beach question was "who is the most annoying" and I don't believe that girl is as much of a bitch as she comes off as (it's hard for anyone that age to be the immature). It's as if her sabotage was simply being extremely bitchy to the point where nobody else could come close. Ensuring they all picked her at the challenge to both sit out and later get an exemption so her quiz doesn't have to come up as a "pass" and people begin to suspect her. The host probably asked the question for that specific purpose, and every single person voted her the most annoying.

I noticed that when he handed out the diaries, he held up a number 11.

Just a note, since they always have little clues.

I have no idea who the mole is.

That stereotypical douchebag New Yorker needs to be executed next week. He's pissed about them losing money but throws $1000 away for an exemption, then rags on the guy for not being in shape when he's sitting on the ground out of breath in back to back challenges (the beach, then the soccer field). Textbook hypocrite.

The guy with the leg problems is a bit odd. He tells the others he played soccer but tells the viewers he played soccer and ran track. He's not old enough to have those two sports' required running skill disappear entirely. He blames it on cramps and shortness of breath, not any kind of past injury.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']The guy with the leg problems is a bit odd. He tells the others he played soccer but tells the viewers he played soccer and ran track. He's not old enough to have those two sports' required running skill disappear entirely. He blames it on cramps and shortness of breath, not any kind of past injury.[/QUOTE]

Just because he played doesn't mean he was good. He was probably a bench player from the looks of it.

The guy must have went to one of those backwater town schools where every kid got to play regardless of skill. Quite the opposite for my school. Your daddy had to be a bigshot in town to even set foot on the play area.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']That stereotypical douchebag New Yorker needs to be executed next week. He's pissed about them losing money but throws $1000 away for an exemption, then rags on the guy for not being in shape when he's sitting on the ground out of breath in back to back challenges (the beach, then the soccer field). Textbook hypocrite.

The guy with the leg problems is a bit odd. He tells the others he played soccer but tells the viewers he played soccer and ran track. He's not old enough to have those two sports' required running skill disappear entirely. He blames it on cramps and shortness of breath, not any kind of past injury.[/QUOTE]

But the New Yorker was playing hard during both those missions. The beach one he had to do the sand part. Thats pretty hard work running back and forth loading up sand. The other guy had to run around the beach looking for stuff. NYer had it tougher. During the soccer game NYer was probably one of their best bets to score so he was running around while lazy wanted to be in the goal. If I was them I would have said fuck the goalie, the kids will score anyways might as well get another player on the field.

Okay, point taken. He's still a fucking asshole. The goalie didn't matter though. Nobody got pissed at the fat guy for kicking it into his own goal because all they needed was one score, the kids' goals didn't matter. If anything a kids team goal just got them the ball back quicker based on the footwork of those sneaky little bastards.

I'm starting to notice this season is less like the original season of The Mole and looks more like it's trying to be The Amazing Race. Did they even have exemptions in prior seasons?

Everybody should also keep in mind that everyone is going to want everyone to think that they are the Mole so they are going to do weird, lame, annoying things to make people think that they are the mole. I think the #11 bag belonged to the coach. I noticed that too and saw it on his journal one time while he was writing in it. He seems pretty genuine though. After the second week, I still am going with Victoria.

okay its one thing to try to make people think you are the mole but another thing to lose a lot of money (read: cramp guy) to do it.

I just finished tonight's episode. The new host is no Anderson Cooper. And the touch screen during the elimination is so fake. Its hilarious.

I'm feelin that the Black Guy is totally the Mole. Hasn't done anything major yet, letting shit unfold.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I just finished tonight's episode. The new host is no Anderson Cooper. And the touch screen during the elimination is so fake. Its hilarious.[/quote]

Agreed on both counts

I'll go out on a limb and say the mole is the fat dude. No one suspects chubbs will put forth the effort to screw anyone, and they can't get mad at him for slowing them down. So he's the perfect one that no one will suspect :lol:

Totally forgot this show was on. Loved the first two seasons, hated the "celeb" verison. Luckily it got tivo so I was able to watch it. No clue who the mole is, best way to play it is just be under the radar and let the team destory themselves.

Bobby is absolutely ridiculous. He puts forth 0 effort.

He, and the black OBGYN chick, could both be the mole.

Ali is pretty hot. She's like a less-processed Kate Bosworth with bigger boobs; which is great. The black lady is the Mole! ...I think.

I bet the fat guy copped a feel while he wrapped himself around that chick.

Chick: "Stop poking me in the back."
Fat guy: ">_>"
Fat guy: ""
Fat guy: *panics, hits erection under belt while Chick is still blindfolded*

The New York asshole makes me like the black girl more and more every time he opens his mouth. She toned it down since episode 1, while he ramps it up exponentially every episode. If he is the mole I will shit myself.

I've eliminated a few...

Fat Dude - Too obvious imo.
Black Chick - She threatened to kill New York dude...doubt the mole would've used that behavior.
New York Dude - Too Brash, too much. I see him making it mid to late game.

See I think New Yorker is the mole because he is trying to get everyone off their game by pissing them off. The more they are off the more likely they will lose money.

My other guess would be the older teacher (Mark?). He seems suspicious. If he is the mole he had a great opportunity last night when that one guy quit the clothes challenge. He jumped right onto that bandwagon, despite him dropping his robe so quickly.

bread's done
Back