The Muppets (3 Disc Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy + Soundtrack Download Card) Preoder

BigBadWolfe143

CAGiversary!
Feedback
514 (100%)
"The WOCKA WOCKA Value Pack"

It is currently selling for $34.99 with a $5 off coupon (you must be signed in to see the ption to clip the coupon) for the deluxe Blu-ray, and that apparently that release includes not only the Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy, and it also includes what appears to be a digital copy of the soundtrack as well. So for your preorder it is $29.99 now but as always if price drops from $34.99 you will get lowest price minus the $5 coupon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_36010_22045010_pe_hero/?ASIN=B006JTS5OO

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this has a lot of the extra stuff that was cut from the film. The first edit of the film was nearly 3 hours (167 min) lots of cameo's were cut and even songs.

Blind buy. I'm sure this will go down in price at least once more before it is released. Best to jump in with a coupon. You can always cancel later. :)

Please put "The WOCKA WOCKA Value Pack" in the OP for awesome's sake :)

61dC-%2B1zc4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I think I'll partake in this Amazon Preorder w/coupon business on this one; it seems to always work out great for those who do it.

UPDATE: Silly Amazon, listing it as a "soudtrack" (I thought it was the OP's typo)

Normally I blind buy but the Muppets weren't a big part of my childhood; I was a fan of the Muppet Babies as a kid, though...just not the grown up versions :)

Thanks OP, my son and I loved the movie, was blown away by the music. Ordered the MP3 soundtrack from amazon already for 3.99, currently 4.99.

This is a must buy, but not at 30 bucks. These usually lower in time though... locked in.

Yah, Price is high now but I always Pre-order while the coupon is still available and usually ends up being cheapest price by the time it comes out. And if not I always check my preorders on Sunday night and cancel it if it is cheaper elsewhere.

In for a pre-order!

I'll decide if it stays after I see it in the theater with the disney movie rewards tix from Muppet Christmas Carol. Wish they'd hurry and put the original Muppet Movie, and Great Muppet Caper on blu too.

Thanks OP, favorite family movie of the year. Already have the soundtrack and if you enjoyed the movie, you will love the music. I even made some of the tunes into ringtones.

[quote name='pablo9000']was about to preorder, but didn't want to lock up the gift card value on my account :([/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure you can go to payment options and choose not to use gift cards funds, at least I have done it in he past.

[quote name='brernurse']I am pretty sure you can go to payment options and choose not to use gift cards funds, at least I have done it in he past.[/QUOTE]
Not if you're using a coupon. Coupons and gift cards are all considered to be the same at Amazon. Which is annoying, and why I use my secondary account for coupons like this when I don't want to use my gift card balance.

[quote name='SEJ']Not if you're using a coupon. Coupons and gift cards are all considered to be the same at Amazon. Which is annoying, and why I use my secondary account for coupons like this when I don't want to use my gift card balance.[/QUOTE]

Alternatively, buy something on preorder that will eat up your giftcard balance. Then order Muppets. Then cancel said preorder.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'm not seeing the coupon... Is this dead?[/QUOTE]

I am not seeing it either - I fear the coupon is gone already.

[quote name='TheCarsForever']I am not seeing it either - I fear the coupon is gone already.[/QUOTE]

I believe the last day to use the coupon was the 20th.

[quote name='SEJ']Not if you're using a coupon. Coupons and gift cards are all considered to be the same at Amazon. Which is annoying, and why I use my secondary account for coupons like this when I don't want to use my gift card balance.[/QUOTE]

I did not know thanks for the info!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Must.Get.Steelbook.Edition.Somehow

original
[/QUOTE]
This is missing the best thing about the movie, Rowlf. How could they make this steel book and not include him? He deserves the spot on the cover at least as much as Rizzo, and far more than Pepe.

The artwork on that steel book is absolutely disgusting. Not only does it not have anything to do with the film (are Pepe or Rizzo even in it? They certainly have no dialogue), but this is just plain bad artwork. Has Disney run all the artists out of town?

Maybe it's too much to ask for Richard Amsel-esque art, but can't they do something better than a lame photo collage? This art is better suited for the cover of a dollar store coloring book.

I would be embarrassed to own this.

Is the steel book in canada or europe cause lord knows it aint gonna be in the US? And I pray i didn't overlook its location due to late night CAGing

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']The artwork on that steel book is absolutely disgusting. Not only does it not have anything to do with the film (are Pepe or Rizzo even in it? They certainly have no dialogue), but this is just plain bad artwork. Has Disney run all the artists out of town?

Maybe it's too much to ask for Richard Amsel-esque art, but can't they do something better than a lame photo collage? This art is better suited for the cover of a dollar store coloring book.

I would be embarrassed to own this.[/QUOTE]

LOL! It looks fine to me. Pretty nice actually. Maybe you need to take a nap or something.

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']The artwork on that steel book is absolutely disgusting. Not only does it not have anything to do with the film (are Pepe or Rizzo even in it? They certainly have no dialogue), but this is just plain bad artwork. Has Disney run all the artists out of town?

I would be embarrassed to own this.[/QUOTE]

One other issue I have with the Steelbook is that the Muppets all look like they are from between when Jim Henson died and the movie. The Muppets was a return to the more classic look of the puppets and it is too bad the steelbook didn't use the same look. It is especially noticeable with Kermit and Piggy.

[quote name='kaseydme']Is the steel book in canada or europe cause lord knows it aint gonna be in the US? And I pray i didn't overlook its location due to late night CAGing[/QUOTE]

If you view the image, it's linked from futureshop.ca .. so an exclusive to Futureshop in Canada

All these options from BB, Walmart, and Target are starting to make me reconsider the not-so-appealing plain Amazon pre-order.

I can't decide if I want to get the metal case from BB (and possibly the lunchbox), the finger puppets from Walmart, or the free eps of The Muppet Show from Target.

Argh. Any reason to keep this pre-order? Who's switching for more swag?

Um, I like succinctness, but do you mean "no", as in no reason for keeping Amazon, or not going for more stuff? :whistle2:s

Just wondering.

From what I can tell off the website, you only get the bonus episodes at Target if you get the 2-disc blu set. Personally I'd like the soundtrack, digital or not.

Yeah, I don't remember seeing the Wocka Wocka version for Target, but you also can't just buy the sampler eps vs. being able to purchase the soundtrack elsewhere.

Still smarting that I didn't buy the digital OST when it was 5 bucks or something on Amazon during the Christmas shopping season. The physical CD might have been pretty cheap at some point too. Would prefer the actual disc just for a cover pic and liner notes to thumb through. Maybe they'll put those on sale when the movie is released.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Yeah, I don't remember seeing the Wocka Wocka version for Target, but you also can't just buy the sampler eps vs. being able to purchase the soundtrack elsewhere.

Still smarting that I didn't buy the digital OST when it was 5 bucks or something on Amazon during the Christmas shopping season. The physical CD might have been pretty cheap at some point too. Would prefer the actual disc just for a cover pic and liner notes to thumb through. Maybe they'll put those on sale when the movie is released.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the physical disc from Amazon for $5 around the time of the theatrical release. Come to think of it I also picked up a Muppets compilation album remixed by various artists for the same price.

[quote name='token2k6']Just picked up the steelbook at Best Buy. It was mine for a $7.50 pre-order.[/QUOTE]Plus, it also has the same text on the back of it like the other steelbooks that you can return the pre-order costs two weeks after release.

So, you'd be looking at waiting until 04/04/12 and then you get your $7.50 back.

I know it's probably too early for the ad to be out yet, but do we know what the Best Buy price on the blu-ray set is going to be? It always amazes me that Best Buy puts out these pre-order deals with no pricing information to know what you're "committing" (in so much as you are committing, anyway) to.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Blu-ray/DVD combo - $22.99
Blu-ray/DVD combo w/ Lunchbox - $27.99

That's before the $5 coupon[/QUOTE]

Those prices are for the two disc or the three disc? The pre-order with the steelbook is for the three disc version, right?

bread's done
Back